carat
color
clarity

Bittersweet........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As some of you know, I lost my wonderful, sweet, beautiful. She was truly the sun in our lives. I miss her terribly and most days I cannot believe she is gone. :(sad

I inherited some of her jewellery and one piece in particular--an opal ring--was greatly loved and worn....and in significant disrepair. I took it to the best bench I know a jeweller I've dealt with for decades and one who makes all my custom pieces and also where I buy many handmade earrings from. I was nervous it might be beyond repair, but I after a consult I was given hope. I really love these folks and I could not trust this ring with anyone else. The ring was in the shop for 5 weeks while various processes took place. Unsetting the opal, repolishing the stone retipping, (etc etc) and transforming the broken ring back to its former glory. I picked up the ring today and it was all I could do not to sob in the shop. I had it resized to wear on my middle or index finger as it is a very large ring.

I am sorry that I am inept in resizing photos and that they will likely be unnecessarily large. Thank you for reading.

opal 1.jpg opal 2.jpg opal 3.jpg opal 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful ring. I hope that being able to wear it in all its restored glory brings you comfort and joy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful ring. I hope that being able to wear it in all its restored glory brings you comfort and joy.

Thank you. It does.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. The ring is beautiful. It's so special to wear pieces that have been passed down from loved ones.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I know that sorrow only too well.
The ring is glorious and I too hope you find pleasure in wearing it. She would probably be delighted that it means so much to you and that you are wearing it with great pride.

Hugs!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. The ring is beautiful. It's so special to wear pieces that have been passed down from loved ones.

Thank you. I inherited the ring and my Moms hands. I look down and see her. :saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I know that sorrow only too well.
The ring is glorious and I too hope you find pleasure in wearing it. She would probably be delighted that it means so much to you and that you are wearing it with great pride.

Hugs!!

Thank you MGR. It is at home on my hand.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not normally an opal person @canuk-gal, but I have to say that your ring is absolutely stunning! I know how special it is to you, and hope it will comfort and provide you with happy memories of your dear mother.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not normally an opal person @canuk-gal, but I have to say that your ring is absolutely stunning! I know how special it is to you, and hope it will comfort and provide you with happy memories of your dear mother.

Thank you. Your kindness means a lot to me Austina.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal as time passes may you look at this beautiful piece on your finger and not only be comforted at the thought of your mom but also may it brings smilies as you remember all the fun and happy times with her
She would surly love you had her ring restored so lovingly

My sinclear confidences for your recent loss . Some days will be eaiser than others, so just take time to be gentle with yourself
Today is mother's day (i think it is for you too ?) Perhaps sit down with your ring over a nice coffee and a piece of cake

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal as time passes may you look at this beautiful piece on your finger and not only be comforted at the thought of your mom but also may it brings smilies as you remember all the fun and happy times with her
She would surly love you had her ring restored so lovingly

My sinclear confidences for your recent loss . Some days will be eaiser than others, so just take time to be gentle with yourself
Today is mother's day (i think it is for you too ?) Perhaps sit down with your ring over a nice coffee and a piece of cake

Thank you. MD is tomorrow and I will wear my ring and have my coffee is one of her china cups--she collected that as well as jewellery. New routine--only coffee and tea in gorgeous patterned china cups. Good suggestion D & D!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. MD is tomorrow and I will wear my ring and have my coffee is one of her china cups--she collected that as well as jewellery. New routine--only coffee and tea in gorgeous patterned china cups. Good suggestion D & D!

@Daisys and Diamonds today's coffee

coffee opal.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

After my mum passed away and we got all the good plates that mum and before her, grandma kept of for good i told Gary life is short
and i threw out all our old mismatched chipped plates
We have since broken a few - not her fine china but the 12 piece NZ made earthern wear set, she used for dinner parties, i felt bad but at least they got used every day (sometimes the cats eat out of the pudding bowls ;)2 and i think why shouldn't they -they are her grand- kittens and they like nice things

The thing is in time you get to laugh and giggle at things mom did and that doesnt hurt any more

Anyway so i got out the real good china cups and saucers (mum only brought those out for funnerals) Gary says they are too small :lol-2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful mum. I hope wearing that absolutely glorious ring will bring you some comfort. It's like that tea set was made to display that divine opal!! Much love x

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So sorry for the loss of your mom. The ring is gorgeous. I hope her cherished pieces bring you some comfort.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending hugs.
Losing your mum is a huge loss.
The ring is beautiful, thank goodness it was able to returned to its full glory.
Having a few very sentimental pieces myself I understand how important these memories are.
Wear her in good health and carry a tangible part of your mother with you always.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is so beautiful…It’s full of all the wonderful warm memories of when she wore it. I love that you will continue to make memories when you wear it. It’s really stunning..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Sharon, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful mum. I hope wearing that absolutely glorious ring will bring you some comfort. It's like that tea set was made to display that divine opal!! Much
Thank you. Dandi, I think the ring displaces the amount of coffee in the "matching" cup!! Take care, be safe and well!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for the loss of your mom. The ring is gorgeous. I hope her cherished pieces bring you some comfort.

Thank you. I love that word cherished. Apropos of everything.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending hugs.
Losing your mum is a huge loss.
The ring is beautiful, thank goodness it was able to returned to its full glory.
Having a few very sentimental pieces myself I understand how important these memories are.
Wear her in good health and carry a tangible part of your mother with you always.

Thank you. Wearing her...sooooooo beautifully said.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is so beautiful…It’s full of all the wonderful warm memories of when she wore it. I love that you will continue to make memories when you wear it. It’s really stunning..

Thank you. We all get by with a little help from our friends :wavey: :wavey:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss, Sharon. I hope you will feel some comfort wearing your mother's beautiful ring. Many hugs to you.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring, I can see why your Mom would have worn it so much, and why you love it too -- it looks a happy ring and must hold a lot of lovely memories already -- so glad you have the comfort and beauty wearing it will provide you.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a priceless heirloom.

I am sorry for your loss.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the loss of your mother. It’s a grief like no other.
What an incredible opal! I hope wearing it brings you joy and warms your heart in remembrance of her.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm very sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs and healing wishes. Your mother's ring is beautiful, may it bring you comfort.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal I just went back to look at your lovely ring again. Is it from Tiffany?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry about you Mom. I get it. Life is never the same without Mom to share it with.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal -

What a beautiful memorial piece! Being so individual and unique, it must bring back very strong memories. And your jewelers did a wonderful job!

I hope it brings you warm thoughts, soft memories, and an echo of the beauty of your mother every time you look at it.

ox

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results