PS Member Get-together dates

• Oct. 24-26, 2008

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • March 27-29, 2009

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I could make SF as well - similarly convienent as Vegas for me.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I''m up for SF...I''ll pick Linda up on my way!
37.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2008 1:17:46 AM
Author: Gypsy
Hi DS. October this year would be a blast in Vegas. I might be able to make that. I would personally prefer a November date for Vegas this year though.

This far out, I could probably try to make NYC too. I want to meet the east coast PSers. After the first time though, I probably would stay to the Vegas one yearly, if I attend.
Hi, Gypsy! Like you, I''d like to meet everyone at least once!

I don''t think we''d choose SF since they already have a pretty big group who meet there already.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 7:51:44 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 6/5/2008 1:17:46 AM
Author: Gypsy
Hi DS. October this year would be a blast in Vegas. I might be able to make that. I would personally prefer a November date for Vegas this year though.

This far out, I could probably try to make NYC too. I want to meet the east coast PSers. After the first time though, I probably would stay to the Vegas one yearly, if I attend.
Hi, Gypsy! Like you, I''d like to meet everyone at least once!

I don''t think we''d choose SF since they already have a pretty big group who meet there already.
Ops, sorry my fault, I was teasing Linda.

NY or Vegas?
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, this is a little complicated, but I have about 17 preferring LV, 11 preferring NYC, and about 10 saying they could probably do either, but some prefer one location over the other.

Since several people said they needed more time to save for the NY trip, it seems as if it will make the most sense to do LV this fall and save NYC until next fall (weather seems to be a safer bet in Oct. than March when you consider NYC, too). If you add the late Oct. and early Nov. dates, there are more votes for fall than spring. I am thinking that the Oct. 24th weekend might be best.

Obviously this is subject to our getting a good deal on rooms. We''ll have to check into this so people can make reservations since October is really not so far away. Does this arrangement suit you, Skippy?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 8:27:35 PM
Okay, this is a little complicated, but I have about 17 preferring LV, 11 preferring NYC, and about 10 saying they could probably do either, but some prefer one location over the other.

Since several people said they needed more time to save for the NY trip, it seems as if it will make the most sense to do LV this fall and save NYC until next fall (weather seems to be a safer bet in Oct. than March when you consider NYC, too). If you add the late Oct. and early Nov. dates, there are more votes for fall than spring. I am thinking that the Oct. 24th weekend might be best.

Obviously this is subject to our getting a good deal on rooms. We''ll have to check into this so people can make reservations since October is really not so far away. Does this arrangement suit you, Skippy?
Sounds good to me DS
35.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it''s really going to happen! I sure hope I can make it! Oct is a little bit sketchy for us, but, I think it''ll work out.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t seem to be able to view results on this one?
Is it just me or anyone else has the same problem? It just returns to the same page as if there were no results to view?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2008 1:54:39 PM
Author: Linda W
I know
9.gif
I LOVE going to S.F.
36.gif

Dancing Fire, do you live in the Bay Area????

Linda
in Sacto.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Dancing Fire,

We are in Suisun City!!! You are one hour away from us!!!
9.gif

Linda

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:17:27 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 6/5/2008 1:54:39 PM
Author: Linda W
I know
9.gif
I LOVE going to S.F.
36.gif

Dancing Fire, do you live in the Bay Area????

Linda
in Sacto.
Dancing Fire...I am in Roseville!
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Harleigh

Are you and Rusty going to go to Las Vegas in October?????

Linda

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Linda!

I don''t know...it''s a little soon after the wedding, but I can see what he''s up for! That''s a busy time of year at work...November or March would be easier for me, but I''ll see what I can work out!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, that is right before my grandson''s birthday too, so I will have to see about it also. He will be turning 7. He would be crushed if we weren''t at his party. We can talk about it when we meet.

linda

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2008 12:38:14 AM
Author: scarleta
I don''t seem to be able to view results on this one?
Is it just me or anyone else has the same problem? It just returns to the same page as if there were no results to view?
Did you vote, Scarleta? If you did, the results should show up any time you go to the thread.

But the results at the moment are 20 Oct. 24, 20 Nov. 7, and 32 for March. So since there are 40 for the fall dates, we will probably pick fall. People have said weather is better in NY in the fall, so it seems like that is a better choice for a yearly event since most places have nice weather in October.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh I just found this thread. I read the title before and just guessed that the get to would be out West. I know I am going up to N.Y in the fall for the Radiohead concert hopefully it is around the time of the Ps convention.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2008 10:06:16 AM
Author: Macie
Ohh I just found this thread. I read the title before and just guessed that the get to would be out West. I know I am going up to N.Y in the fall for the Radiohead concert hopefully it is around the time of the Ps convention.
36.gif
Macie, a few people indicated that they would like NY to be next year since it would allow more time to save for the trip, babies would be older, etc. So the first one will probably be in LV in late Oct. 2008.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh drats I should have drank my coffee then read. Humm my hubby always did want to see Las Vegas and sample the food there.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for New York because I''m here already. :) If New York is chosen, October or November would probably be better, only because our weather can be so unpredictable in March. We definitely won''t have any snow in October and lots of Novembers have been nice weather-wise.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
"Did you vote, Scarleta? If you did, the results should show up any time you go to the thread."

Thanks Diamondseeker: I got you now.Instead of voting I put my pref dates in the message, so now I can vote.Thanks for clarifying it for me.
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 7:45:59 PM

Date: 6/1/2008 7:42:15 PM

Author: perry

I do think Vegas is the better location for some of the reasons mentioned above.

Here is one that you did not think of....

As a single guy I might hit if off with a single Pricescope gal and we have an instant wedding (with lots of PS support). Imagine a guy who understands bling - and I really want to take a gal who likes great gemstones on my next trip to the Palagems vaults...
Lol! Stranger things have happened, Perry!
1.gif
Many of us are already married, but you never know if there are friends who we might think of as a prospect for you!

DS-

You are not thinking outside the box. In the old days women used to go to Reno for "quickie" divorces (six weeks, I believe). If one can get a quickie divorce in Las Vegas one of the women on Pricescope who is currently married can shed her current husband; marry Perry; and still have time to shop for gems before the get together is over. She and Perry had just better remember that one of them has to buy a one-way ticket to Vegas unless they do not plan to live together after the nuptials. The devil is in the details.

Deb, who thinks on her feet
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is Ira? He understands me. I was just worrying that I might have offended Perry and I thought of dear Ira who knows me so well....

Deb
34.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Deb, you crack me up!!!
9.gif

Linda

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Yay for Vegas this year!

Perhaps there could be another poll specifying Vegas and asking between the two fall dates? That seems like it''d provide a more concrete answer.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Vegas--pre JCK Gem show 2009.

cheers--Sharon

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 12:32:47 PM
Author: AGBF

Where is Ira? He understands me. I was just worrying that I might have offended Perry and I thought of dear Ira who knows me so well....

Deb
34.gif
Let''s see...Deb, Perry, Canuk-gal/Sharon, me...June 2009. How many bedrooms would we need? Do we tell our significant others?

Is Wayne Newton still there? How about Chevy Chase, and his wife, and Christie Brinkly (oh...was that just a movie?).

Were the originally posted dates substantive?

Seriously....while school is in session (which it is right now until next week)...I''m not going anywhere. Do they ever have this JCK show between mid-June and August 20?

A growing crowd are interested. Maybe we can shift the dates ourselves. Think of all the teachers who are really part time jewelery aficionados...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh, this get together is going to be interesting!! LOL

I was wondering, just how will those fortunate souls who have lots of bling, manage.?

Will they carry it all around in their handbag or pockets the entire time! I do not trust hotel
room safes, so will they leave some of it at home and disappoint those of us who only have a
few pieces!

And getting through airport security should be interesting!

I''m in for whatever date works. PS is an everyday read for me.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2008 12:25:04 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 6/1/2008 7:45:59 PM

Date: 6/1/2008 7:42:15 PM

Author: perry

I do think Vegas is the better location for some of the reasons mentioned above.

Here is one that you did not think of....

As a single guy I might hit if off with a single Pricescope gal and we have an instant wedding (with lots of PS support). Imagine a guy who understands bling - and I really want to take a gal who likes great gemstones on my next trip to the Palagems vaults...

Lol! Stranger things have happened, Perry!
1.gif
Many of us are already married, but you never know if there are friends who we might think of as a prospect for you!

DS-

You are not thinking outside the box. In the old days women used to go to Reno for ''quickie'' divorces (six weeks, I believe). If one can get a quickie divorce in Las Vegas one of the women on Pricescope who is currently married can shed her current husband; marry Perry; and still have time to shop for gems before the get together is over. She and Perry had just better remember that one of them has to buy a one-way ticket to Vegas unless they do not plan to live together after the nuptials. The devil is in the details.

Deb, who thinks on her feet

34.gif

See; I knew that the great people on PS would figure out a potential solution...

As far as the airplane ticket..... Not a big deal. Who knows; perhaps we would both move somewhere else.... Of course it depends on the gal and her and my resources and future plans (and I have great plans for my (our if interested) future - and what are your plans...?).

From a personality thing.... (for those who remember that thread) and there is a lot of truth to the base things...

I seem to tend towards INTJ

http://typelogic.com/intj.html

But also at time seem to dip into the INFJ world

http://typelogic.com/infj.html

So I seem to be a thinker with feelings...

And here is the test for those of you are interested:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I could pair up well with several personality types....

So who might be interested?

Perry

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2008 6:17:55 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Vegas--pre JCK Gem show 2009.

cheers--Sharon
We checked that first of all, but the hotel rooms are at their highest at that time, unfortunately.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Hey Linda! I about fell over when I saw Suisun! I grew up in Benicia. :)

I can make it to Vegas at any time, but not NY. I can''t get that sort of time off work in the next year considering that I''m taking two weeks for my wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results