PS Member Get-together dates

• Oct. 24-26, 2008

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • March 27-29, 2009

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah... and I will tell him to make sure to look the other way when the bills come in from Hermes, Cartier, Chanel etc...:)

New York is pricey but is also a great place to go. Spring is nicest there.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, my DH gets comped rooms too. I wonder if they would care if he made the reservation for me. I am guessing they would since I don''t gamble like him.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump for Linda; your hubby is welcome to come along
1.gif
we would love to meet our Sweet LindaW

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 9:39:32 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
DF, my DH gets comped rooms too. I wonder if they would care if he made the reservation for me. I am guessing they would since I don't gamble like him.
Hmmm, I always reserve rooms for myself in my husband's name when travelling alone, because he gets points. So I don't see why your room couldn't be reserved by him. Maybe he'd know if he is obligated to gamble when he reserves a room, though!

And heck no, I wouldn't gamble when I could spend my money on something I could actually take home for sure!
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 10:48:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
bump for Linda; your hubby is welcome to come along
1.gif
we would love to meet our Sweet LindaW

linda, your husband can hit the cards with my husband. for sure he''s coming along with me to vegas!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 8:30:23 PM
Author: Harriet
I'd prefer NY, but I'm game for LV also.

ditto...

eTA: with a tiny baby, this year would probably be out but I'd totally be up for March in NY.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow and Skippy. Great my hubby loves Vegas
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure. If you have a players card you can probably book on the phone, but then they will expect activity gambling wise, since, if you are rated, when you go to gamble you would hand your card to the pit boss. They track all of that and might see that he booked a room but had no gambling occur.

I cannot gamble with mine. I love roulette and have won 500.00 (started with 100.00 ended with 600.00) but mostly I gamble til I lose it and figure I had fun. My hubby is in the special areas and it is very serious and tense. I remember years ago he was playing Chemin de Fer with another man at the table. It is you or the bank, no options other than that. I came in to check in and saw this pile in front of him. I asked hubby how much was there and he said 100,000.00. He bet this on ONE hand. And this was over 15 years ago. I thought, what I could buy for that! And I think he lost that hand, and still continued to play. I enjoy roulette once in a while, but do not go out of my way to gamble. I have fun, but would never want to lose thousands when there is so much great stuff to buy!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vegas next year would be better for me.
I pretty much know I wont be able to make it this year.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:16:22 AM
Author: strmrdr
I am confused, so you're talking 2009? DS and Skippy, I'd take the results and do the poll again, seeking out the specifics. Right now it's going to be a lot of back and forth. I applaud your efforts, I had talked with Leonid a long time ago about doing the same thing.
So much can be done, seminars, etc... I see a lots of brainstorming ahead.... I look forward to seeing the plans evolve.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH said we are in for Vegas. I told him there would be nice watches there so he said no problem.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 12:35:49 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 6/2/2008 12:16:22 AM

Author: strmrdr

I am confused, so you''re talking 2009? DS and Skippy, I''d take the results and do the poll again, seeking out the specifics. Right now it''s going to be a lot of back and forth. I applaud your efforts, I had talked with Leonid a long time ago about doing the same thing.

So much can be done, seminars, etc... I see a lots of brainstorming ahead.... I look forward to seeing the plans evolve.

yes 2009

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 7:22:50 PM
Author: Maisie
I would definitely try to get to New York next year. Would drag Lorelei with me!
9.gif
face20.gif
We could sing our song....

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I could almost certainly do NY (since we're here)...but Vegas would be a big trip for us.

What about making this an annual thing? That way we can rotate around the country each time. LA or San Fran have some excellent diamond shops as well from what I hear.

ETA: I'd stay away from NY in Nov. b/c I believe that's right around the time everything starts getting pricey for the holiday rush. October is probably the best b/c you'll have excellent weather, not too hot, not too cold. March weather can be unpredictable.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:12:04 AM
Author: Lorelei

I would definitely try to get to New York next year. Would drag Lorelei with me!
9.gif
face20.gif
creepaway3.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

9.gif
face20.gif
*Clears throat*

''I AM YOUR BROTHER...... YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!!!!!''

Fank you very much... *Bows*

dani13

Ideal_Rock
NY would be better for me, but I would do Vegas too in a hearbeat!!!! Any of the dates would pretty much work for me too! This would be so fun if it actually comes together!!!!
36.gif

eta: If we choose NY, I would pick the October date. If LV, March would be perfect!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate Vegas but I''d make the trip out there to meet ya''all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2008 8:44:55 AM

9.gif
face20.gif
*Clears throat*

waaooh wao..ooo.oooh

BROTHERS FOREVER!
16.gif

BROTHERS - YOU''RE ALWAYS IN MY HEART!
emlove.gif

SINGIN'' THE SONGS...THE MUSIC THAT WE LO..OOO.OOOVE.....
3.gif
25.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 11:23:30 AM

Date: 6/2/2008 8:44:55 AM

9.gif
face20.gif
*Clears throat*

waaooh wao..ooo.oooh

BROTHERS FOREVER!
16.gif

BROTHERS - YOU''RE ALWAYS IN MY HEART!
emlove.gif

SINGIN'' THE SONGS...THE MUSIC THAT WE LO..OOO.OOOVE.....
3.gif
25.gif
Bravo dahling.... BRAVO!!!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
You two are just too cute.
parent.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 11:54:00 AM
Author: gwendolyn
You two are just too cute.
parent.gif
Thank you very much Auntie Gwendolyn. In my defense though, Lorelei brings out the absolute worst in me
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
LOL--this thread is funny. I''d love to meet tons of other PSers! I could maybe do Vegas in November, but I could definitely do it (or perhaps NY) in March!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is crakin'' me up. I''m all game for March of next year (basically because the wedding is November 8th and my birthday is in March.) I would love to go to either place. May enjoy NY more though..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basically I think it boils down to deciding if we want the yearly big get-together to be in the fall or spring. I think it is a valid thought that the weather may be nicer in Oct. than Nov. I really think it is a mistake to have a two big ones in a year. I am afraid it might fizzle out. Right now we have half the votes going for the fall and about half for the spring. That means we are going to please about half the people! Then we''ll have to choose the location for the first one, and that will please about half, too! Both locations are really great and I''d eventually love to go to both. My only uncertainty for me, personally, is that we have about decided to move to a nearby town next spring or summer, and that might interfere with these plans. The other downside to spring is that we may run into spring break conflicts for people with children. The downside to fall is that people have less time to plan to take the days off and save for the trip.

I''ll have to think a little more about this!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:29:37 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Basically I think it boils down to deciding if we want the yearly big get-together to be in the fall or spring. I think it is a valid thought that the weather may be nicer in Oct. than Nov. I really think it is a mistake to have a two big ones in a year. I am afraid it might fizzle out. Right now we have half the votes going for the fall and about half for the spring. That means we are going to please about half the people! Then we'll have to choose the location for the first one, and that will please about half, too! Both locations are really great and I'd eventually love to go to both. My only uncertainty for me, personally, is that we have about decided to move to a nearby town next spring or summer, and that might interfere with these plans. The other downside to spring is that we may run into spring break conflicts for people with children. The downside to fall is that people have less time to plan to take the days off and save for the trip.

I'll have to think a little more about this!
Can you do another poll for the location and then narrow it down to date?? Looks like spring is winning.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Late to the party, but my vote goes to Vegas, Spring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back through all the posts to total the location preferences. The two locations were pretty close in popularity, but several people said that since NYC is more expensive, that might be better next year. Since the weather is better more places in October, we are thinking that October might be a nice month for an annual event. So right now we are thinking about Las Vegas for October 24-26 2008 and New York City for Oct. 2009. That way people who want to go to both have plenty of time to plan for them, and those who can only go to one can choose whichever they prefer. I know I couldn''t go every year, but I''d love to meet the western people at least once! After that, I might only go to the eastern one. Since we have some UK friends who might come to NY, they''d have plenty of time to plan and save for the trip.

Nothing is written in stone at this point, but this seems like it might be the way we could start out. Someone told me that if we waited until spring 2009 to do the first one, it might lose momentum and we might never do it. I think this is true.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
I know I'm one of those pain in the you know what newbies yet can I come ???????
emembarrassed.gif

I could do NY easily since I live there but Vegas is feasible too. I am accustomed to the long flight. I fly to CA a WHOLE lot ...
Looking forward to seeing the final outcome of this one...

ETA: Late to post as usual

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
November 7-9, 2008 in Las Vegas. I''ll already be there on vacation!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results