PS Member Get-together dates

• Oct. 24-26, 2008

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • March 27-29, 2009

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy and I were thinking it would be fun to have possibly a yearly get-together for PS regulars alternating between the east and west US. Las Vegas and NY have been mentioned as two great meeting locations where there is plenty of jewelry shopping as well as good hotels and restaurants. We''ll do the poll to find out date preferences, and in your post, you can reply about location preference for the first one. Then, we''ll look into hotels, etc. and make a way to distribute the specific hotel and other info privately so that there will be safety for everyone. If there are members in the city chosen, we may ask for their help in choosing hotels and other plans.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Las Vegas or New York???
4.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
as i mentioned before, i vote las vegas first. but i could do ny too.
las vegas maybe a more central meeting spot for the both westerners and easterners.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dates I cannot fix on now, but NY would mean almost certainly I could come. If I have to fly and leave the kids and arrange for all that goes on here it might be tougher for me. NY is super easy and I would get up there in a heartbeat!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I would vote for Vegas as well (even though I hate vegas! and really, I do hate it...) because I think it is more travel-friendly (e.g. wider range of budgets for hotel rooms, kind of more centrally located, better weather those times of year) NY is just so astronomically expensive...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, Vegas. But I could do NY as well. I just think LV has the probability of some fabulous hotel and airfare deals... and lots of the ammenities are closer together. Plus economical options are a closer to higher priced options (on strip-- metrorail system) NY is great too though. It would be harder for me to get to though, personally so I'd vote for a later date to save up.

If you all need help, please let me know. I'm happy to do anything I can to contribute. It sounds like a blast to plan!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i want to add that, like i mentioned in the other thread, i think LV is an easier trip. it''s an easier city to navigate + it''s less expensive. if it''s in NY, i know we''d take a much more vaca and make it a big vacation for us. there''s so much to do and take in there.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I could make it to NY but not Vegas.
4.gif

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for Las Vegas...as others have said - there are nice places to stay, etc. for every budget and it''s very easy to get around.

1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are y'all voting on the dates? I'm not seeing any results.

Nevermind...they are showing up now!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote NYC as well! I wouldn''t make it to Vegas, most likely.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea Diamondseeker:
Las Vegas yes .New York more difficult.
As for dates its a bit too soon for me as I possibly be in Vegas this September so would not go in October.The other dates possibly March 09 ?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be open to both NYC or Vegas. As for dates I think all three would work for me.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely try to get to New York next year. Would drag Lorelei with me!
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I could do Vegas in a heartbeat. NY would be much more complicated for me.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think Vegas is the better location for some of the reasons mentioned above.

Here is one that you did not think of....

As a single guy I might hit if off with a single Pricescope gal and we have an instant wedding (with lots of PS support). Imagine a guy who understands bling - and I really want to take a gal who likes great gemstones on my next trip to the Palagems vaults...

For those wondering - here is a link to my thread on my trip (and the results).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tour-of-pala-internationals-mineral-collections-and-gemstone-vaults.65788/

I can't speak to the dates though. Late October may work. I have other commitments of which I do not know the dates on for early November and likely late March. I just don't know the weekends yet.

Perry

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 7:42:15 PM
Author: perry
I do think Vegas is the better location for some of the reasons mentioned above.

Here is one that you did not think of....

As a single guy I might hit if off with a single Pricescope gal and we have an instant wedding (with lots of PS support). Imagine a guy who understands bling - and I really want to take a gal who likes great gemstones on my next trip to the Palagems vaults...

For those wondering - here is a link to my thread on my trip (and the results).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tour-of-pala-internationals-mineral-collections-and-gemstone-vaults.65788/

I can''t speak to the dates though. Late October may work. I have other commitments of which I do not know the dates on for early November and likely late March. I just don''t know the weekends yet.

Perry
Lol! Stranger things have happened, Perry!
1.gif
Many of us are already married, but you never know if there are friends who we might think of as a prospect for you! However, it''s really tempting to think of a trip to Palagems!
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for NYC, easy trip fpr me. LV is ok, but can''t do March, that''s Spring break for my son.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'd be up for a GTG. NYC is much easier for me (closer and I have a bunch of friends living there that I could crash with) but as I've never been to LV, I could do that, too. As for dates, the last two work for me, but March would be better so that I could save up money/vacation days and really make a trip out of it.

ETA: I forgot to ask! Am I allowed to come if I can only appreciate the bling? I have none of my own to share yet. Though...if it's in March I might have some earrings to show off if things go as planned.
10.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I agree that LV would be easier in terms of getting an affordable hotel, navigating to meeting places, etc., but obviously being on the East Coast, NYC gets my vote. Since the idea is to alternate every year (I think that''s a good idea), I have a feeling most West Coasters will be meeting in LV and the following year most of us East Coasters will make it to NYC.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Following up on what NEL said, is there any reason there couldn't be one GTG in October or November in one locale, and then another in the spring in the second? I bet you're going to end up with a 3-way tie on the date, and a 2-way tie on location!
9.gif

Oh, and LV gets my vote, unless June 2009 in NY is an option.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 8:17:17 PM
Author: Selkie
Following up on what NEL said, is there any reason there couldn''t be one GTG in October or November in one locale, and then another in the spring in the second? I bet you''re going to end up with a 3-way tie on the date, and a 2-way tie on location!
9.gif

That may be a very good idea; one in LV and one in NY. Or maybe Chicago? I noticed Chicago is easy to get around and not as expensive as NY. Just a thought.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 8:17:17 PM
Author: Selkie
Following up on what NEL said, is there any reason there couldn''t be one GTG in October or November in one locale, and then another in the spring in the second? I bet you''re going to end up with a 3-way tie on the date, and a 2-way tie on location!
9.gif

I do think there would be more west coast people at the LV one and more east coasters at NYC. But most cities have direct flights to LV and lots of deals for those flights, so I do think some on the east coast would go there, too. That would be my only qualm about having one in the fall and the other in the spring. Then I could only choose one to go to! But if we alternated every other year, I might could go to both and I think there would be others who would as well. However, there are no "rules" for this, so people are really free to plan anything at any time! We were just thinking we''d attempt to plan one and see if it worked out. The mini get-togethers seem to be so much fun, so we thought it would be even more fun to have a big one for a weekend!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Makes sense DS; then my vote would be LV; I would love to go to NY but right now LV would be my choice. I guess it all depends on when it happens.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d prefer NY, but I''m game for LV also.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 8:28:30 PM
Author: Skippy123
Makes sense DS; then my vote would be LV; I would love to go to NY but right now LV would be my choice. I guess it all depends on when it happens.
I would love to go to both places, so it would be wonderful to me to go to LV this fall and then plan for NY next October or so. Then people would have plenty of time to plan for NY since it likely would be a little more expensive. I do want to at least once in my life go to the NY Tiffany store! Oh, and we''d HAVE to invite Leon for lunch!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could only do one as well. But I agree if enough people want the other place there is no reason there can''t be two.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not think Vegas was a bargain, some of those hotels are quite pricey. Of course we can be high roller gamblers and be rated, like my hubby, and get the nicest suites and all of our meals comped!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2008 9:20:36 PM
Author: diamondfan
I did not think Vegas was a bargain, some of those hotels are quite pricey. Of course we can be high roller gamblers and be rated, like my hubby, and get the nicest suites and all of our meals comped!
Maybe your hubby could make all the reservations, then?
9.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results