shape
carat
color
clarity

Bezel this Sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the recommendation :) I'll definitely check her out if the others don't pan out :)
Do you think it'd be much worse off if it was a full bezel?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends so much on the style of the bezel. But I think sapphires are easier stones than many others. None of my sapphires have been much affected by settings. But I''m sure others will know more
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, judging by your avatar you do seem to be a bezel fan :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks PrincessPlease :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took some pics of the sapphire with my garnet ring :)

comparingsparkle.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite pic :) LOVE this color.

favoriteshadeblue.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, sorry, this guy is just too addicting to photograph. And I need some way to kill the time before Barry''s gem drop!

windexyblue.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I am
9.gif
Partly also because designers where I''m at all seem to favor bezels, so it''s actually really difficult to find people who''ll be used to doing prong settings.
33.gif
But with my avatar pic sapphires I was very lucky. I knew nothing, nothing at all, when I bought them. And now that I know more, I still think they are fine, although I also know why I could afford them
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
And I loooooooooooooooooooove all the colors of your sapphire. Yummy.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oh! i love this! really pretty, MTG :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 4:57:03 PM
Author: innerkitten
I saw this semi bezel on Etsy. I wonder if something like this would fit your stone?
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21387404&ref=sr_list_10&&ga_search_query=pod+ring&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

innerkitten - thanks for this link - another great designer on Etsy!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 8:09:56 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 4/27/2009 3:20:04 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Date: 4/27/2009 3:03:27 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

LOGR has a plain semi-bezel setting for a round . . . they could make it for an oval set east west I bet, and it''s right around $150ish.
Lauren,
do you have a link to this setting?

Sorry for the sorta thread hijack...

Oh and MTG, I think this stone is lovely!
Yay, found it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROUND-6-5MM-14K-WHITE-GOLD-SEMI-MOUNT-ENGAGEMENT-RING_W0QQitemZ220400218922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGemstone_Rings?hash=item220400218922&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Thanks for that link. It''s hard to picture how heavy that bezel might be around a stone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2009 1:47:37 PM
Author: mariedtiger
I am
9.gif
Partly also because designers where I'm at all seem to favor bezels, so it's actually really difficult to find people who'll be used to doing prong settings.
33.gif
But with my avatar pic sapphires I was very lucky. I knew nothing, nothing at all, when I bought them. And now that I know more, I still think they are fine, although I also know why I could afford them
9.gif

Haha, I love the flaws in my sapphire that make it affordable! It's lighter than ideal, there's some color zoning, its native cut, and the girdle is chipped a little. But hey, it also means I was able to buy a 1.2ct unheated sapphire for 150$
9.gif

I'm sure as time goes by, I'll be pickier and pickier as my budget increases. But for now I'm happy to offer a happy and loving home to some of the slightly imperfect gemmies of the world.

Do you have more pics of your avatar rings somewhere?

I still haven't heard back from either of the two jewelers I emailed on etsy, they must be busy with mother's day right around the corner! It's ok, I'm in no rush.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2009 2:21:52 PM
Author: whitby_2773
oh! i love this! really pretty, MTG :)

Thanks!
Hehe, why are you ''cake lady''? (I understand the ''being attacked by a dog part'', lol)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I suck at posting links, but I''ll give it a try link to ring There''s my avatar ring :)

Thanks by the way for the Mother''s Day heads up, now I know why all Etsy sellers have gone MIA. I was wondering about that. I''ve been so naughty. I have several projects on Etsy at the same time.
10.gif

"But for now I''m happy to offer a happy and loving home to some of the slightly imperfect gemmies of the world." Loved this comment. Me, too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2009 11:59:21 PM
I suck at posting links, but I''ll give it a try link to ring There''s my avatar ring :)

Thanks by the way for the Mother''s Day heads up, now I know why all Etsy sellers have gone MIA. I was wondering about that. I''ve been so naughty. I have several projects on Etsy at the same time.
10.gif

''But for now I''m happy to offer a happy and loving home to some of the slightly imperfect gemmies of the world.'' Loved this comment. Me, too.

I totally didn''t realize that was one ring! It''s so awesome! Very unique and beautiful, totally a work of art :)
Haha, thanks to PS I''ve been introduced to the idea of a "push present", gotta say, it makes being pregnant seem a little less scary :razz:
Hope you have a nice Mother''s day!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MakingTheGrade :) "Push present", indeed. I never heard that one before. But I think it''s a great tradition, and well earned for any mom. I had to introduce it to my hubby, but he thought it was nice, too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still no word from the Etsy folk
7.gif

I''m actually considering doing a pseudo copy of MariedTiger''s ring with 4mm white sapphires or white topaz. But that means I''d have to wait longer to wear it..lol.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, decided to stick with KyleAnne since she did such a great job last time and she''s so great about emails and is really great to work with :)
Shipping the stone tomorrow, so won''t get to play with it anymore, but excited to be able to wear it! The stone looks amazing outside in the daylight so I can''t wait to have it on my finger!

I''ll be excited to take pics of the ring outside, I don''t take pics of loose stones outside from fear of losing them, lol. But the color is awesome, daystone indeed!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Did you already get your pretty? :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 4:08:34 AM
Hi,

Not quite yet. Kyle anne been pretty busy.
I also had to send the garnet back to her, the beaded band looked great, but it''s pretty delicate, so I''m swapping it out for a twisted silver band instead.

Based on past experience though, the rings should be done by the end of this week!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 7:47:46 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 5/18/2009 4:08:34 AM
Hi,

Not quite yet. Kyle anne been pretty busy.
I also had to send the garnet back to her, the beaded band looked great, but it''s pretty delicate, so I''m swapping it out for a twisted silver band instead.

Based on past experience though, the rings should be done by the end of this week!
Ah good. I''m waiting to see how this ring turns out for you. And I want ALL of the ring details when you post it''s photos. I too like Sapphires that are lighter than the "ideal color." Thanks for sharing your stone with us.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got a message from Kyle Anne, my new rings are in the mail! Hopefully I''ll be getting them by the end of the week!

Unfortunately she wasn''t able to do the semi-bezel without casting, so I''m just doing a thin full bezel with the hammered band.

Weee, can''t wait.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gor the rings in the mail today :) will post pics later when I get a chance.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics :)
So overall, B+. I LOVE the hammered effect and how low it sits. The bezel itself though is slightly uneven, and has a bit messy, but it doesn''t really bother me. If I wanted it perfect I would bought a cast setting, I kind of like the little imperfections that make handmade jewelery unique.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, forgot to attach

sapphammer.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Various handshots

hammerhand.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little darker

glowydark.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results