shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Bezel milgrain studs from ID Jewelry - 1.43 H SI2

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So ... I did it! I got earrings! And they have strong blue fluor, which is my personal pet hobby horse, and which was the sticking point for a lot of vendors.

I contacted a number of vendors for this project - GOG, BGD, JBEG, and a couple of dealers specializing in antiques on 47th (not to mention hunting through BN, and eBay). Everybody I talked to was courteous and helpful, but the fluor was a challenge for a lot of dealers. Except Yekutiel at ID Jewelry! I'd read a lot about ID on the boards before (Bliss's gorgeous earrings come sharply to mind!) but I'd never dealt with them before: after working with them, I'd recommend them very highly. Yekutiel found me a .72 H SI2 with strong fluor on the spot, and found a .71 match very shortly thereafter. Proportionately, both of them come in around 5.7 mm ... and, best of all, they're H&A! One of them is engraved as such, the other unbranded and just as pretty. They score beautifully on the HCA at 1.6 and 1.7 (and Yekutiel can do the calculations for them in his head - v. impressive to a girl who gets tangled calculating the tip). I had them set in WG to keep the cost down, and milgrained for the antique look I wanted: once I decided to get them, they were ready inside of a day. Now that's customer service!

Aren't they purty?

Bezel Earrings - Shot 1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now, for the eye candy ... here's a few shots of them in sun/shadow, and hanging out on a holder with the arrows showing.

Bezel Earrings - On holder.jpg

Bezel Earrings - In the box.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And here they are with my engagement ring for size comparison (and color comparison, for that matter): the ring is a 1.46 J VS2. I think they hold their own!

Bezel Earrings - Shot 2.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Of course, ruminative as I am, I rarely sit around posing with a thoughtful hand on my chin, a la Rodin's "Thinker." The comparison with the pendant is probably more relevant ... pendant is an E, SI1 (also with strong blue fluor), set in a chunkier handmade bezel. I'm planning to buy a match one of these days, and have the earrings converted so that I can wear the set as dangles. I can see the color difference between the E and the Hs, but the scintillation of the rounds makes it less of an issue than you'd imagine.

Bezel Earrings - With my pendant.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And, finally ... the all-important ear shot! I should note here that I have enormous ears (the better to hear you with, my dear!), and I'd been a little nervous about how 1.40 tcw would look. With the bezels, which are nice and delicate, the earrings come in around 6.5 mm total. I think it looks good for everyday - what say you? I may or may not be tempted to upgrade in the future ... but either way, it's nice to have the option. And right now, I'm very, very pleased. :D

Bezel Earrings - Ear Shot.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love. love them!!!! :love:

Gorgeous earrings!!! Glad you found what you wanted! Patience is a virtue. ;))

Enjoy!!

Cachette :))

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I missed you by a few hours!!!!!!!!! LOL - I went to Yekutiel to pick up a present for a dear friend and work on a project...and he said I just missed seeing the prettiest bezel stud earrings he'd ever made. I was dying!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

He said they were super insane white due to the fluor and insanely sparkly. He just kept going on and on about how pretty they turned out so even I started looking at bezel studs at that point, too! So gorgeous... I mean, that bezel is super thin and delicate but WOW, the studs look HUGE, girlfriend!!!!!!!!! OMG, so MAZAL. You got some MAZAL beauties, there. I'm jealous!

OOOOOOOhhhhhh.... they look so beautiful on your ear, too! They look like 1 carat each! Geez, and I'm picking up some studs from him today - now you're making me wish I went with the bezels! I have no patience... LOL.... your earrings are TDF.

Seriously....more pics! So sparkly, so huge...so...YUMMY!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh, now I want some! :love: :appl: :love:

Wear them in health and happiness! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! Very eye catching and striking look!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh I love them! I love the delicate bezel and the size is just perfect on you! :appl: :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe- the studs look incredible on you! the details are absolutley breathtaking!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
These are GORGEOUS!!! Great size on you too! I have to say that I love seeing all of these beautiful ID jewelry pieces. I plan on working with them on an eternity band next year and these earrings and story about your excellent customer service reaffirms that!!! Do you happen to have any profile pics of these lovely earrings??!! What kind of backs did you use? So excited for you!!!!

On a sidenote, Bliss.. I think you should start a thread that showcases all of your beauties in one place! You have such a great collection. And I love hearing about all of your ID lovelies!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly guacamole!!!! Those are seriously GORGEOUS!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cachette|1291743282|2789958 said:
I love, love. love them!!!! :love:

Gorgeous earrings!!! Glad you found what you wanted! Patience is a virtue. ;))

Enjoy!!

Cachette :))

Thanks, Cachette! I'm usually totally an "instant gratification" kinda gal, but I'm very glad I waited on these! Originally, I was thinking of getting AVRs from GOG (would've, too, if they'd both had fluor), but kindly PSrs pointed out that paying the premium on .60 pointers might give me less of an impact than I wanted. I'm glad I waited - now I'm an H&A convert as well as an OEC lover!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS! They look gorgeous on you (and off of you ... and, probably, on me! Can we work that out?)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bliss|1291743442|2789960 said:
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I missed you by a few hours!!!!!!!!! LOL - I went to Yekutiel to pick up a present for a dear friend and work on a project...and he said I just missed seeing the prettiest bezel stud earrings he'd ever made. I was dying!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

He said they were super insane white due to the fluor and insanely sparkly. He just kept going on and on about how pretty they turned out so even I started looking at bezel studs at that point, too! So gorgeous... I mean, that bezel is super thin and delicate but WOW, the studs look HUGE, girlfriend!!!!!!!!! OMG, so MAZAL. You got some MAZAL beauties, there. I'm jealous!

OOOOOOOhhhhhh.... they look so beautiful on your ear, too! They look like 1 carat each! Geez, and I'm picking up some studs from him today - now you're making me wish I went with the bezels! I have no patience... LOL.... your earrings are TDF.

Seriously....more pics! So sparkly, so huge...so...YUMMY!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh, now I want some! :love: :appl: :love:

Wear them in health and happiness! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! Very eye catching and striking look!

Hah! That is so funny! I would have loooooooooved to have run into a fellow PSr. (Speaking of which, there hadn't been a NY get-together in ages .... :naughty: )

Mazal is totally the best word. That's exactly how I feel about it! And I'm tickled to know it's not just proud-mama syndrome: having a vendor mention them to another client is high praise, indeed. :D

So you mention you're picking up studs - details, woman! What's in the works?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
slg47|1291743711|2789963 said:
ooh I love them! I love the delicate bezel and the size is just perfect on you! :appl: :appl:

Thanks, SLG! I am really happy with how these turned out. The funniest part? I have a few pairs of "fakies" in various substances lying around, and there are actually bigger than the size I deemed plausible. Talk about a paradigm shift .... Gonna take me a while to get used to that - but in the best possible way!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
D&T|1291745206|2789990 said:
Circe- the studs look incredible on you! the details are absolutley breathtaking!

Thanks, D&T! From the queen of the earring thread, I take that as a compliment of the highest order!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1291747577|2790022 said:
D&T|1291745206|2789990 said:

Thanks, D&T! From the queen of the earring thread, I take that as a compliment of the highest order!

no way am I the queen of that thread... (you can sure make a girl blush :)) ) You are the QUEEN here my dear with those GORGEOUS babies! :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lizzyann01|1291745945|2790001 said:
These are GORGEOUS!!! Great size on you too! I have to say that I love seeing all of these beautiful ID jewelry pieces. I plan on working with them on an eternity band next year and these earrings and story about your excellent customer service reaffirms that!!! Do you happen to have any profile pics of these lovely earrings??!! What kind of backs did you use? So excited for you!!!!

On a sidenote, Bliss.. I think you should start a thread that showcases all of your beauties in one place! You have such a great collection. And I love hearing about all of your ID lovelies!

Oh, excellent! I'd definitely recommend them highly - I go custom for most of my pieces, so I'm used to the hands-on approach ... but I HATE the hard-sell you can get at a lot of B&Ms, and, concurrently, the lack of customer service you can see once the deal is done. Totally not an issue here: I felt like, well, family (we had fun gabbing about PS since I couldn't resist mentioning how I'd found them).

I went with the stock bezel setting in WG to keep cost down - Yekutiel was very understanding about budgetary constraints - but I kept the metal matte to go with my pendant, and went with the milgrain to give it the antique-y feel I wanted. I hate screw-backs - they feel odd going in, and they're a pain in the neck to put on and take off - so I went with normal pushbacks, and they feel v. secure (though, getting them insured was still my first order of business). Though I still love the martini-style like Phoenix got, I think these are pretty awesome, too! Here's a few additional shots (pardon the scunge of wear - though they're still sparkly! - and my poor, battered manicure).

P.S. - Bliss, total ditto on LizzyAnn's sidenote! I LOVE collection threads ....

Bezel Earrings 074.jpg

Bezel Earrings 073.jpg

Bezel Earrings 072.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
geckodani|1291746744|2790009 said:

Heheheh - possibly my favorite exclamation ever. Thanks, Gecko!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
decodelighted|1291747346|2790017 said:
CONGRATS! They look gorgeous on you (and off of you ... and, probably, on me! Can we work that out?)

Depends - can I borrow your OECs? :twisted:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
yummy!

*licks screen*

:lickout:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings Circe!!!! I love the very, very delicate milgrain on the bezels. Makes them look very antique-y. You have great taste!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW- THOSE ARE STUNNING!!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1291748374|2790037 said:
geckodani|1291746744|2790009 said:

Heheheh - possibly my favorite exclamation ever. Thanks, Gecko!

:mrgreen:

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
OoOooo, I love the size, I love the style!! They are great and look sooo nice on you!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, Circe! Just unbelievably beautiful!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous! Enjoy them!

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning earrings Circe! :love: :love: :love: Everything about them is wonderful, the size, the style, the diamonds...need I go on? It's great that the stones are large enough for dangels, may you very them in good health and for a very long time!

I was also looking for some studs from ID jewelry but unfortunately didn't have your luck dealing with them. Maybe it doesn't help that I am outside the US, but there were some communication issues. I am now looking elsewhere and hopefully my pair will show up soon.

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
P.S. Love you pendant too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results