shape
carat
color
clarity

Best options for dealing with crooked vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
Sorry to say, there's nothing the NY Attorney General's office can do but store the complaint in public record and take action if a large number of other people file similar complaints against this store. The Attorney General's office just doesn't have the resource to go after every personal injustice done in the consumer world, especially when you haven't really lost any money over it. You'll have to go to small claims court to force him to trade in or refund your diamond, which is just a matter of going down to the courthouse and filing the necessary paperwork with a small fee, then pleading your case to a judge.

It's a shame that he sold you a diamond of such poor quality that he himself wouldn't take it back.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a horrible story. All this bad publicity over the profits of 1 $3150 stone? Is this guy crazy? I guess he''s really not doing well financially.

If I were you I''d go the appraisal + demand refund route, I wouldn''t want to do business with him again. If that didn''t work I would not hesitate at all to go to the media. I wouldn''t worry about possible libel damages. I''m not a lawyer or anything but I''m pretty sure you need to generate baseless accusations or ficticiously slander him in order to be libel. Presenting his own facts (ie. his email and his trade up policy in writing) can''t make you responsible for anything I would think. I''d show this to your media friends and I''m sure you''ll see quick action from the jeweler in question.

Please let us know how this all works out, all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results