Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicole Richie's halo:

nicole_richie_airline_halo.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kay1|1394786619|3633861 said:
I'm trying to find out the hue of the J diamond now, so I can make a final decision about this and start getting it made! I'm 100% on the Emiliya now :)

I'm sorry, kay1... I was in a late-night posting frenzy and just now saw this... :oops: :|

kay1

Shiny_Rock
msop04|1394788406|3633869 said:
I'm trying to find out the hue of the J diamond now, so I can make a final decision about this and start getting it made! I'm 100% on the Emiliya now :)

I'm sorry, kay1... I was in a late-night posting frenzy and just now saw this... :oops: :|

Lol! I went to sleep (i'm in the uk), and work up to lots of replies. I had a meeting so quickly posted that, but will reply to everyone else's posts later :) Hopefully the Hue is good, then I think i'll go for it. If not I'll investigate some of the I's that were posted !

I had a look at singlestone but they only seem to do vintage (or vintage inspired) jewelry, am i on the right website ?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will not regret choosing for the Emilya. It's a gorgeous design. And yes, it's popular here on PS but I wonder if you will find many people outside PS wearing such a high quality ring. The Emilya is a 'modern classic' with a delicate look but sturdy made.

I feel there's nothing wrong in choosing a vendor that's popular here on Pricescope: we are a quite detailed oriented group of people, so if PSers are promoting someone, it means he/she is doing an excellent job.

I hope the hue of the J will work for you :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kay1|1394789661|3633876 said:
msop04|1394788406|3633869 said:

Lol! I went to sleep (i'm in the uk), and work up to lots of replies. I had a meeting so quickly posted that, but will reply to everyone else's posts later :) Hopefully the Hue is good, then I think i'll go for it. If not I'll investigate some of the I's that were posted !

I had a look at singlestone but they only seem to do vintage (or vintage inspired) jewelry, am i on the right website ?

Yes, SS is known for vintage inspired pieces. I hope the hue of your J is good because it seems like you have your heart set on the Emilya. :)) Good luck!!

kay1

Shiny_Rock
msop04|1394790574|3633883 said:
Yes, SS is known for vintage inspired pieces. I hope the hue of your J is good because it seems like you have your heart set on the Emilya. :)) Good luck!!

Yeah, i've come full circle. Remember it all started with that petal ring and a Halo right from the beginning! I hope she likes it after all this :twirl: :twirl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kay1|1394790974|3633885 said:
msop04|1394790574|3633883 said:

Yeah, i've come full circle. Remember it all started with that petal ring and a Halo right from the beginning! I hope she likes it after all this :twirl: :twirl:

kay1, with as much time, thought, and effort as you have obviously put into her ring... I honestly don't know how she couldn't love it!! :praise: :appl: I don't think you can go wrong at this point -- any of the settings mentioned would be amazing! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ekkkk Acinom I"m sorry I just posted a whole response to you but PS ate it. So to sum up, I think you missed the point of my post. My issue is when people ask for advise on settings (any setting) and the same people come back and keep recommending the same vendors over and over again. For me PS is about educating everyone and giving them the best possible product at a price point they can live with. Part of that is matching them up with the best vendor. In this instance it seems VC is a great option as the OP wants an Emilya. But no one even mention Single stone, Joe escabar, Mark B (can't spell his last name), Hannah Maytel or other vendors who do equally beautiful work. I have done many custom projects through my time on PS and the one thing I have learned is that matching the vendor and consumer is the most important part. Every vendor has their strengths and weaknesses. To present a vendor as being great at everything/ style is not helpful to anyone and typically leads to very unhappy customers when the vendor couldn't deliver. I could go on and on but I sound like a broken record and really I think Yssie summed it up much better then me.

Anyhow OP if you want other vendors I would check out SS (yes mostly antique but they can do everything and I like the idea of adding a twist to the HW ring), Joe Escabar, and probably HM. I think they are all higher end then WF, ERD (debatable) and BGD when it comes to settings.

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Ok so BN don't know the hue, they're refunding me original order, and have kept the J on hold, but also suggested at that size I should probably up the colour at the cost of carat weight.

I'm going to see what other options there are, maybe in an I, or possibly just take the risk with the J. I've asked VC if i release the stone, if they would be able to get it and give me their opinion, and if it's terrible (bad hue), send it back.

Waiting for a reply - they are probably just about to wake up :)

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Ok i'm stepping up to a I colour. There's a 2.4 ct / I / VS1 that's $22,500 - HCA 1.4 (EX, EX, EX, VG), or a 2.07ct / I / VVS2 that's $19,500 - HCA 1.4 (EX, EX, VG, VG).

*That's (Light Return, Fire, Scintillation, Spread) for the HCA above

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kay1 – Which vendor has the diamond you just posted? I personally think you should look at the diamonds that MSOP suggested earlier in this thread. They are all “I” color, which will be a little safer than the J. Plus they have photos and images of the diamonds so you know you will be getting a great diamond (you don’t know that with Blue Nile). The Whiteflash diamond is only .2 mm smaller in diameter than the J, so there will only be a very slight difference in visual size. You can have them review the diamond to make sure it is eyeclean, since it is an in-house diamond. I am sure any of those vendors would ship the diamond to VC.

kay1

Shiny_Rock
tweeter8177|1394814907|3634103 said:
Hi Kay1 – Which vendor has the diamond you just posted? I personally think you should look at the diamonds that MSOP suggested earlier in this thread. They are all “I” color, which will be a little safer than the J. Plus they have photos and images of the diamonds so you know you will be getting a great diamond (you don’t know that with Blue Nile). The Whiteflash diamond is only .2 mm smaller in diameter than the J, so there will only be a very slight difference in visual size. You can have them review the diamond to make sure it is eyeclean, since it is an in-house diamond. I am sure any of those vendors would ship the diamond to VC.

I'll check WF now. I'm just using BN to check the 'international database'. VC will be sourcing the stone for me directly. He says the 2.43 / I is with someone he has a great relationship with so he will call and ask questions. If he says that I trust him :)

I'll still check WF for a better deal/diamond tho right now.

kay1

Shiny_Rock
giraffecushion|1394816285|3634117 said:
If you're ok with strong fluorescence, here's a 2.39 for $21k that scores a 0.9 on the HCA (GIA # 1152665515)
http://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-2-39-Carat-I-color-GIA-certified/D-MMS6WM

Nice find! But a new development. VC can only get the ring to me in time if they source the stone. The deadline is very tight, and reshipping and inventory processes of these companies is going to add delay. I assume that one is with ritani since they have the video?

EDIT: It's not GIA triple-EX tho, very good polish and very good symmetry. I know it's not that big a deal, but paper stats will mater a little bit because certain friends will ask :/

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
kay1|1394816674|3634122 said:
Nice find! But a new development. VC can only get the ring to me in time if they source the stone. The deadline is very tight, and reshipping and inventory processes of these companies is going to add delay. I assume that one is with ritani since they have the video?

EDIT: It's not GIA triple-EX tho, very good polish and very good symmetry. I know it's not that big a deal, but paper stats will mater a little bit because certain friends will ask :/

Makes sense and yes, I believe Ritani has all of their diamonds on hand similar to James Allen. Can't go wrong with VC

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you received a proposal yet from Victor. I hope he sources a great diamond for you (he is really into details and picky so he will definitely will find a great stone for you.
What an exciting process for you. :wavey:

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1394818215|3634139 said:
Have you received a proposal yet from Victor. I hope he sources a great diamond for you (he is really into details and picky so he will definitely will find a great stone for you.

I have a quote on the ring - which i guess could change slightly depending on the diamond, and both him and chelsea are going to a lot of trouble looking for stones for me :) He's also pursuing two i've found. We should have this finalising today I think :) I have about 4/5 hours before the fiance is over, and to close for me to do this discretely!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kay1|1394818613|3634144 said:
Acinom|1394818215|3634139 said:

I have a quote on the ring - which i guess could change slightly depending on the diamond, and both him and chelsea are going to a lot of trouble looking for stones for me :) He's also pursuing two i've found. We should have this finalising today I think :) I have about 4/5 hours before the fiance is over, and to close for me to do this discretely!

It's so sweet that you are going through all this to find her a dream ring :appl:
Once you have proposed you should really show her this thread. She will love it!!!

Victor usually works fast: I am sure he will do his utmost to find you a great stone.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
can't wait to see it!

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your support. The biggest thing for me is this time i'm not second guessing if I did the right thing with the setting, so that's got to be a good sign :) In case you didn't see this was my first attempt - from Blue Nile:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/er-arrived-need-opinions-keep-it-or-not.199218/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/er-arrived-need-opinions-keep-it-or-not.199218/[/URL]

I think i've decided on the 2.4 / I. I'm being vague because the hold situation is complicated and there could be lurkers! once it's all done i'll show you the actual diamond with GIA number :)

Getting a final quote to avoid any confusion, and we're all set :) :twirl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Sounds great. Can't wait to see it.
Seems you will get things done way before the fiance comes to your house :naughty:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kay1|1394819600|3634167 said:
Thanks for all your support. The biggest thing for me is this time i'm not second guessing if I did the right thing with the setting, so that's got to be a good sign :) In case you didn't see this was my first attempt - from Blue Nile:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/er-arrived-need-opinions-keep-it-or-not.199218/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/er-arrived-need-opinions-keep-it-or-not.199218/[/URL]

I think i've decided on the 2.4 / I. I'm being vague because the hold situation is complicated and there could be lurkers! once it's all done i'll show you the actual diamond with GIA number :)

Getting a final quote to avoid any confusion, and we're all set :) :twirl:

Excited to see it!!

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Order placed! :appl:

Just waiting for the diamond to drop off the international lists and I can show you guys the GIA for it :)

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Wow that was close. With all the rushing on my part, the order got placed for the Evelyn Solitaire instead (Evelyn / Emilya), luckily they spotted it right away. Great service over there at VC :)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1394789948|3633879 said:
You will not regret choosing for the Emilya. It's a gorgeous design. And yes, it's popular here on PS but I wonder if you will find many people outside PS wearing such a high quality ring. The Emilya is a 'modern classic' with a delicate look but sturdy made.

I feel there's nothing wrong in choosing a vendor that's popular here on Pricescope: we are a quite detailed oriented group of people, so if PSers are promoting someone, it means he/she is doing an excellent job.

I hope the hue of the J will work for you :appl:

+1. Just because it's popular here doesn't mean you are actually going to bump into someone else with the same ring.

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Looks nice by the cert! Are you ok with very strong fluorescence? I personally like it and just purchased a stone with very strong because it give a blue tint in sunlight, and that's what we were after. But if "certain friends" care mostly about spec, it might be a negative attribute... or if you go to lots of clubs with blacklights and you don't want the glow.

kay1|1394830776|3634286 said:

kay1

Shiny_Rock
giraffecushion|1394840894|3634352 said:
Looks nice by the cert! Are you ok with very strong fluorescence? I personally like it and just purchased a stone with very strong because it give a blue tint in sunlight, and that's what we were after. But if "certain friends" care mostly about spec, it might be a negative attribute... or if you go to lots of clubs with blacklights and you don't want the glow.

Hi!

Actually i love fluorescence and I particularly chose a diamond with it :) It adds another dimension to it I think.

The diamond has arrived with VC and it looks good :) Can't wait for the ring to arrive now!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kay1|1395136864|3636319 said:
giraffecushion|1394840894|3634352 said:

Hi!

Actually i love fluorescence and I particularly chose a diamond with it :) It adds another dimension to it I think.

The diamond has arrived with VC and it looks good :) Can't wait for the ring to arrive now!

Sounds good!!! Don't forget to post a lot of pics once you have received the ring :appl:

kay1

Shiny_Rock
Just noticed this picture VC sent in my mail (it's taken with an iphone) - it looks reallllllly brown/yellow. I'm hoping that's some kind of saturation/lighting/camera issues there!

_190.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results