shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Belated Birthday Bangle with diamonds in platinum by IDJ

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Here is my latest sparkly baby! After a long two+ month wait, I just received my birthday gift from my dear fiance: a custom 2.16 ctw diamond bangle in solid platinum. It is not hollowed out on the inside part that touches your wrist (I believe hollowed out is more standard so if you want solid you have to be clear). Originally, I was going to have HPD make me a bangle using a stock setting, but the 7" standard bangle circumference was just too big. I don't like my bangles to move way too much and bang on everything. I ended up going the custom route because I needed a specific 6.3"/16cm size for my freakishly bony wrists. I was directly inspired by @GlitterInMyHair 's yellow gold bangle from IDJ as she has similarly tiny wrists, and I also liked the proportions of the 7 pointers she used. I also loved the solid platinum bangles @SMC had made for her mother and MIL. I also found the diamonds going all the way down to the halfway point on both sides a very appealing element in the IDJ bangles.

Since IDJ had clearly hit it out of the park with their bangles, I decided to try them out. Jonna and Yekutiel were both so nice and quite easy to work with. I am loving this fireball bangle so much I could see myself ordering a second matching one. I am also envisioning this bangle sitting next to a "someday" Cartier love bracelet! If you decide to work with IDJ, be sure to mention you are a Pricescoper. That will alert them that you want very well-cut melee. I then requested further upgraded quality parameters (F/VS only).

Details:

6.3 inch/16mm bangle circumference
Shared prong design, push button lock plus 1 figure 8 clasp
2.16 total carat weight: 30 diamonds x approx .07c each, hand selected by Yekutiel
Diamond color: F
Diamond clarity: VS
Cut: Excellent to Ideal

Finally, I do think there are some COVID-related challenges to note. My project took a lot longer due to reduced capacity. Yekutiel told me that not all the independent benches he uses to produce their jewelry are open. He also said that for my stringent quality requirements, he was only comfortable using one particular bench, which was a more expensive one, because they would do the best work of the benches that were open at the time. So I probably paid more than I would have in a non-COVID time. Honestly, I would advise you against making a solid gold bangle right now because the price of gold has been dramatically driven up by the pandemic. I was originally going to have this made in 18kt white gold but ended up using platinum (it's my preferred metal anyway) because the price I was quoted was almost the same as the gold quote! These things are not problems with IDJ though.

IMG-3510.jpg
IMG-3508.jpg
IMG-3505.jpg
IMG-3498.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love it and have bangle envy! I bet it feels lovely too being solid. Happy birthday and enjoy your new bling!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love it and have bangle envy! I bet it feels lovely too being solid. Happy birthday and enjoy your new bling!

Aww thanks for the bday wishes. I am indeed enjoying that the bangle feels nice and substantial due to its being solid. Fortunately it’s not heavy, though!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning :kiss2:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s so beautiful! Thanks for sharing

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. :kiss2: Your bangle and your ring are gorgeous @Gemstonesrock. Wear in good health and blingy joy.:appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really looks beautiful on you! Will be a piece to keep through the ages.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
That is so stunning! Love how it looks. Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It looks perfect on you!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, congrats! The fit of the bangle looks perfect in the top 2 pictures, but in the bottom 2 pictures it looks really loose for some reason. Did you have to get it taken in further?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, congratulations!!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and classic - jackpot!
I’d love to see more pics and maybe some with stacks!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!!!

that is one sparkly bangle. i love your choice of a diamond bangle. i find them so much more unusual and interesting ... it looks really beautiful and very chic on you! like you, it does matter, to me, how a bangle is manufactured. i don't like hollowed out bangles. may it bring you endless joy and delight!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty, congrats! The fit of the bangle looks perfect in the top 2 pictures, but in the bottom 2 pictures it looks really loose for some reason. Did you have to get it taken in further?

Hi @jaysonsmom. No, I did not take them in further. The issue is that I really do have freakishly bony wrists. You're seeing more room in the bottom 2 pictures because the angle of the photos shows the flatness of my wrists vs the average person's more normal, rounded shape. There is definitely extra room in the height of the bracelet as opposed to little room in the width, which makes it look "too big" from some angles. But the bangle, being oval, fortunately does not spin around the wrist. I thought about having IDJ make the bangle a much more flattened oval shape to better fit my weird wrist. But in the end, I chose to make it the bangle the exact same height and width as Cartier's 16mm Love bangle so they would stack perfectly together. I don't yet own a Love bangle- but as you can see I have GOALS haha!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, now this is just perfect! The size on you is gorgeous - it looks stunning!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hi @jaysonsmom. No, I did not take them in further. The issue is that I really do have freakishly bony wrists. You're seeing more room in the bottom 2 pictures because the angle of the photos shows the flatness of my wrists vs the average person's more normal, rounded shape. There is definitely extra room in the height of the bracelet as opposed to little room in the width, which makes it look "too big" from some angles. But the bangle, being oval, fortunately does not spin around the wrist. I thought about having IDJ make the bangle a much more flattened oval shape to better fit my weird wrist. But in the end, I chose to make it the bangle the exact same height and width as Cartier's 16mm Love bangle so they would stack perfectly together. I don't yet own a Love bangle- but as you can see I have GOALS haha!

Ooh! Oval construction, how clever. No wonder it looks so different from different angles, I thought the first 2 pics were the 7" stock setting and then you commissioned the smaller 6.3". It is prefection!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, love that it is platinum, solid, and that the stones go all the way to the clasp. Beautiful!

If you get a chance, how about a picture of the profile view of the bangle just laying on something?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results