shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1461372242|4022626 said:
ame|1461367834|4022618 said:
What is the active? Is it l-ascorbic? The OLO comes out a super light, maybe yellow color, in my hand. That's a mix of the oils and the ester.

Yes, it is L-Ascorbic and it comes out clear.
Ok, now that I've had ester I can't go back to l-ascorbic.

ckrickett|1461378115|4022648 said:
Has anyone tried the serums from the Drunk (drunken?) elephant? I have been hearing a lot about them recently
I have not, I almost picked a few things up during Sephora's event but I couldn't pull the trigger. Their packaging leaves a lot to be desired though.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ame|1461445927|4022870 said:
What is the active? Is it l-ascorbic? The OLO comes out a super light, maybe yellow color, in my hand. That's a mix of the oils and the ester.

Has anyone tried the serums from the Drunk (drunken?) elephant? I have been hearing a lot about them recently
I have not, I almost picked a few things up during Sephora's event but I couldn't pull the trigger. Their packaging leaves a lot to be desired though.

I went a little wild during spears event. I think I went from just an insider to rouge in one week (I did 2 big orders).
I may try their stuff. I heard its good. But I already have a bunch of serums and treatments I want to work through. I may add them to my summer skincare routine when I switch to that in a month or two

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1461438504|4022843 said:
momhappy|1461432912|4022814 said:
Does anyone use SK-II Treatment Essence? It was on RueLaLa recently and despite the high price tag, I purchased it. I'm hoping it's worth it... Also, I'm not seeing the results I had hoped for with Grandelash - has anyone else been disappointed with it?

I use it and I LOVE it!. I also use the SK-II lotion as a toner, and their eye cream.

The essence is amazing, and I saw a difference in less then a week. My complexion got better, and my skin was softer.

Good to know - I'm excited to try it!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ame|1461445855|4022869 said:
Does anyone use SK-II Treatment Essence? It was on RueLaLa recently and despite the high price tag, I purchased it. I'm hoping it's worth it... Also, I'm not seeing the results I had hoped for with Grandelash - has anyone else been disappointed with it?
SKII was a HUGE allergic reaction for me. The amount of yeast was the problem.

I don't think I've ever had an allergic reaction to anything I've put on my face, so I should be okay.
Also, I purchased a sample size bottle of the DHC cleansing oil you recommended and it already arrived. I've used it once and so far, I'm pleased.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Missha FTEI is the dupe of the SK-II and I turned out to be allergic to it too. I was bummed because I enjoyed using it. It had a nice light texture and allowed the later products to absorb well.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1461453594|4022912 said:
ckrickett|1461438504|4022843 said:

I use it and I LOVE it!. I also use the SK-II lotion as a toner, and their eye cream.

The essence is amazing, and I saw a difference in less then a week. My complexion got better, and my skin was softer.

Good to know - I'm excited to try it!

I hope it works as well for you as it does for me. Let me know what you think after you try it!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I will let you know.
I have a high-quality home microdermabrasion unit and I thought that the Treatment Essence would be particularly good right after a microdermabrasion session =)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1461460466|4022938 said:
^I will let you know.
I have a high-quality home microdermabrasion unit and I thought that the Treatment Essence would be particularly good right after a microdermabrasion session =)

I think it will. I use it after my derma rolling and its seems to be really effective

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
I use SK-II -- the Essence and the Clear Lotion (which is a toner). I do find my skin is plumper and softer when I use it. I stock up during Sephora's annual 20% sale, and I must not be the only one because it goes out of stock fast during the sales.

Nice to see other Asian Beauty product fans! I mix and match between Asian and western products. I got interested in snails because my BB cream (western) has snail filtrate and I love its texture -- and in looking for reviews I found Snow White and the Asian Pear's post about low-pH cleansers and I totally fell down the pH rabbit hole. That's when I started using the SK-II Clear Lotion, as my pH-adjusting toner (previously I only used the Essence), and I believe it's maximized the effectiveness of my exfoliants. I've used AHA and BHA for years now, and saw results, but definitely not as much as I do now that I pH-adjust after cleansing and follow the ascending pH order to apply my products.

My routine: I have dry skin that burns easily, so I'm a fanatic about sunscreen. I don't have acne issues, but I do have fragrance-triggered eczema (swaths of tiny blisters, lovely). So fragrance free everything for me, even body wash, shampoo, conditioner, and hair gel... Also cannot use any chemical sunscreen actives for the same reason, so all those lovely sheer Japanese sunscreens are a no go for me. Fortunately since I'm pretty fair (MAC NW20), the white cast with titanium dioxide and zinc oxide isn't an issue for me.

AM:

1. Cleanse: Paula's Choice Resist Replenishing Toner (pH 5.5)

2. pH Adjust: SK-II Clear Lotion (pH 3.9)

3. Vitamin C: Paula's Choice C-15 (wait 10 minutes after applying)

4. Essence: SK-II

5. Serum: Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule

6. Moisturize: Rice Bran Oil + Tsubaki Oil + Paula's Choice Hyaluronic Acid Serum, mixed (the oils are skincare-grade, ordered from Japan)

7. Sunscreen: Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 (wait 10 minutes for the full 1/4 tsp to dry down)

8. Sunscreen: MD SolarSciences Mineral Beauty Balm SPF 50 mixed with IT Cosmetics BB Cream SPF 50. The MD SolarSciences is very lightly pigmented, the IT Cosmetics is highly pigmented, so mixed together gives me coverage that I like.

PM:

1. Cleanse: Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel

2. Cleanse: Paula's Choice Resist Replenishing Toner (I don't use a foaming second cleanser as I find it too drying)

3. pH Adjust: SK-II Clear Lotion (pH 3.9)

4. Exfoliate: Daily - Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA; Sun & Wed - Paula's Choice Resist 10% AHA (wait 20 minutes after applying)

5. Essence: SK-II

6. Serum: Paula's Choice Resist Skin Firming Serum (3rd ingredient after water and glycerin is niacinamide. This only came out in December, so I haven't been using it long but I do see some fine line reduction so far. I'm interested in trying Shark Sauce at some point.)

7. Serum: Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule

8. Moisturize: Rice Bran Oil + Tsubaki Oil + Paula's Choice Hyaluronic Acid Serum, mixed (the oils are skincare-grade, ordered from Japan)

9. Retinol: Paula's Choice Resist 1% Retinol Booster (too much flakiness if I use this before the moisturize step)

10. Sleep Pack: Cosrx Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask

Yeah, it's a lot of Paula's Choice. I've been using her products for twelve years now (used to use Clinique before that -- it was harder back then to find fragrance-free product lines). I realize Paula is polarizing, but I have to say her products really work well for me.

I'm not sure if the snail is doing anything for me. My skin has always been pretty good (as long as I stay fragrance-free) so I don't know if i really would be seeing a visible difference, since it's not an active like AHA or retinol. I see it as more of a preventative, if that makes sense?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1461452244|4022901 said:
ame|1461445927|4022870 said:

I went a little wild during spears event. I think I went from just an insider to rouge in one week (I did 2 big orders).
I may try their stuff. I heard its good. But I already have a bunch of serums and treatments I want to work through. I may add them to my summer skincare routine when I switch to that in a month or two
Holy moly! I told myself this year I was NOT going to maintain Rouge, or go out of my way at least to get there again, but I am now only like $400 away again. :shock: :rolleyes: I figure by VIBR in November I will be there or that sale will put me there again.

I am only like $150 away from maintaining Platinum at Ulta too. Already. Those 20% off coupons I get are kryptonite lol.

momhappy|1461453794|4022913 said:
ame|1461445855|4022869 said:
SKII was a HUGE allergic reaction for me. The amount of yeast was the problem.

I don't think I've ever had an allergic reaction to anything I've put on my face, so I should be okay.
Also, I purchased a sample size bottle of the DHC cleansing oil you recommended and it already arrived. I've used it once and so far, I'm pleased.
It's my favorite one. I will try another one here any there but always go back to it. I just missed the first of 2 cleansing oil sales (ones usually in March and I think the other is usually October), but the full size bottle is like $27 or something and will last at least 6 months, or it does for me anyway. I have the "middle" travel size bottle that I think is around 3 oz and refill that one from the full size bottle and keep that one by my shower instead of the full size (that stays in the bathroom closet.) I also stockpile those little tiny "trial size" bottles and keep those in my travel stuff. I can usually get 1-2 weeks out of those bottles and then I just recycle it when its empty. I usually order 2 or 3 more when I buy 2 more full sizes.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I didn't plan on making rouge. I just had a lot of stuff to buy, and I always wait for the sales to stock up. I did it in 3 different transactions over 3 days and at the end I was like "oh, I made rouge"

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I usually maintain my Rouge status before the end of Jan. of each new year.... :lol:
I have over 7000 points in my Rouge account because I rarely cash them in for the mini freebies =)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1461528198|4023129 said:
I usually maintain my Rouge status before the end of Jan. of each new year.... :lol:
I have over 7000 points in my Rouge account because I rarely cash them in for the mini freebies =)
I am the same way. I wish we could cash them in for full sized products or more deluxe samplings of products.
I don't have 7000 though! Only like 3000

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only made rouge this past December. And at the last VIP Rouge sale, I ended up picking up the T3 Whirl convertible...and now I'm pretty close to renewing...egads!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! The April and November events are when I spend my money there. I might pick up one or two little things here and there between those two events. But I usually spend money there ONLY when it's an event.

Yea, the rewards are usually not worth it. If you think about it, you get 1 dollar per point. So those little samples are basically $100 each.

ckrickett|1461539166|4023177 said:
I am the same way. I wish we could cash them in for full sized products or more deluxe samplings of products.
I cash them in because so far I haven't seen many worth the price. lol

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ame and chrono for your vitamin C serum recs - I'll look into them.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ame|1461603865|4023391 said:
Wow! The April and November events are when I spend my money there. I might pick up one or two little things here and there between those two events. But I usually spend money there ONLY when it's an event.

Yea, the rewards are usually not worth it. If you think about it, you get 1 dollar per point. So those little samples are basically $100 each.

I was very amused by the teeny little Nars blush they send you. Its so small. But I do like the shade.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^Yes, the Nars blush was a pretty color and better than last year's gift, which, if I remember correctly, was a teeny tiny bright red lipstick sample, which was not my style since I'm pretty minimal when it comes to lip color.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1461607303|4023416 said:
Thank you ame and chrono for your vitamin C serum recs - I'll look into them.
I hope you like it!

ckrickett|1461607919|4023422 said:
ame|1461603865|4023391 said:

I was very amused by the teeny little Nars blush they send you. Its so small. But I do like the shade.
Yea, but yknow, I have never hit pan on a single blush so it might actually be the first one I DO hit pan on!

I hate when any "gift" is lip related. I don't wear lip stuff. Too much of it contains allergens for me, so I want no part of that.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the birthday gift is usually a teeny lipstick too. They do have another option this year which is nice. I may go with that one.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot believe how sensitive my skin is. I really REALLY love the Goodal Firming Camellia Oil. It is very light, absorbs quickly and completely, and gives lasting moisture. Then my face feels itchy and I break out a few minutes later. :cry:

I take back what I wrote about Memebox - they have a very generous 101 day return period and as long as you keep the box / packaging, they will refund your money, even if you have used the product. For me, I have to return the Joseon cream and Goodal Camellia Oil, both of which I wanted to love very much.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
I’m sorry it didn’t work for you, Chrono. By the way, camellia oil is very high in oleic acid, with Tsubaki (camellia japonica) being the highest of the varieties – comparable to olive oil even though it has a much lighter texture. Apparently skin prone to clogging does better with oils that have a higher percentage of linoleic acid, like evening primrose or passion fruit (marajuca) oil.

Compare:
Camellia sinensis: oleic 64.5%, linoleic 18.1%, palmitic 14.1%, stearic 2.7%
Camellia japonica: oleic 84.0%, linoleic 4.8%, palmitic 8.6%, stearic 2.3%
Olive oil: oleic 70%, linoleic 15%, palmitic 12%, stearic 2.5%
Passion Fruit oil: oleic 12%, linoleic 77%, palmitic 8%, stearic 2%
Evening Primrose oil: oleic 5.8%, linoleic 75.1%, palmitic 5.9%, stearic 1.7%

Argan oil is fairly balanced, as is my favorite oil, Rice Bran oil:
Argan oil: oleic 42.8%, linoleic 36.8%, palmitic 12%, stearic 6%
Rice Bran oil: oleic 38.4%, linoleic 34.4%, palmitic 21.5%, stearic 2.9%

Goes to show how deceptive texture is -- Tsubaki oil is the thinnest and lightest of the oils I've tried, absorbs beautifully as you said, but chemistry-wise it's like olive oil and avocado oil. If you asked people who struggle with clogged pores if they'd put olive oil or avocado oil on their skin, I'd imagine the answer would be a vehement no.

(It's a holy grail for my dry skin, though...)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Some of you have inspired me to be more diligent with my skin care routine. For the last couple of days, I've been doing the double-cleanse. I use the DHC Cleansing Oil and then the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser. I also started using a toner (Dr Perricone Intensive Pore Minimizer) and I apply the Cosrx Bha Blackhead Power Liquid to my nose. I know you can't "shrink" pores, but I'm going to try to get into a routine that at least temporarily minimizes them as much as possible.
I also purchased a new make-up product that I'm really loving. It's the Step-by-Step Contour Stick Trio by Smashbox. I've never been into contouring much mostly because it looks so complicated. However, this kit makes it so easy - it has instructions for each face shape and the sticks are effortlessly blended with my fingers. It's not something that I would use daily, but it's certainly something that would be a part of my slightly more detailed make-up routine.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1461721298|4023997 said:
Some of you have inspired me to be more diligent with my skin care routine. For the last couple of days, I've been doing the double-cleanse. I use the DHC Cleansing Oil and then the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser. I also started using a toner (Dr Perricone Intensive Pore Minimizer) and I apply the Cosrx Bha Blackhead Power Liquid to my nose. I know you can't "shrink" pores, but I'm going to try to get into a routine that at least temporarily minimizes them as much as possible.
I also purchased a new make-up product that I'm really loving. It's the Step-by-Step Contour Stick Trio by Smashbox. I've never been into contouring much mostly because it looks so complicated. However, this kit makes it so easy - it has instructions for each face shape and the sticks are effortlessly blended with my fingers. It's not something that I would use daily, but it's certainly something that would be a part of my slightly more detailed make-up routine.

I love Dr Perricone products. I have been using the cold plasma cream, and although it smells like a nightmare, its been really great for my skin!

I have tried super contouring before and I don;t think it suits my face, so I just do a very light version of it with a big ole powder brush.
How do you like smash box's stick?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone tried any good exfoliating peeling pads. I saw a few different ones from Sanitas and Zelens. Wondering if anyone had any good experiences with them or other brands.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I was doing light contouring before with a contouring powder and brush, but I find the Smashbox sticks much easier to use. They are much more precise and they blend beautifully. It comes with a counter color, a bronze color (which I don't use), and a highlighter color. The chart tells you where to apply what for each face shape. It's a simple step that makes a big difference (for me anyways).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanaazul,
That's a very informative post! I am currently looking into EPO and Passionfruit oils and ordered little sample bottles from Garden of Wisdom. My skin type is dry and dehydrated so I thought Camellia oil will work for me but I guess it must have clogged up my pores instead. :blackeye:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1461724237|4024022 said:
Has anyone tried any good exfoliating peeling pads. I saw a few different ones from Sanitas and Zelens. Wondering if anyone had any good experiences with them or other brands.
The only ones I have tried are the Dr. Gross Alpha Beta ones. I don't know if they're "good" or not. I don't use them very often as opposed to daily.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
I hope one of those works for you, Chrono! Dry skin and breakout-prone sounds like the trickiest combination.

As for me, something is causing an eczema flareup on my neck and collarbones, argh. I use the exact same sunscreen and other skincare products on my face as I do on my neck and chest, so why I’m getting a reaction there (and now) and not on my face… The only hair product I use is the same Tsubaki oil that I also use on my face, so that’s not it, either. Now I’m going to have to use the bad skin-thinning corticosteroid cream to clear up the eczema (did I mention, tiny blisters GROSS and OUCH :angryfire: ) and then reintroduce everything to my neck and chest slowly.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yanaazul - do you by any chance know the makeup of grapeseed and jojoba oils?

On another note...

I have developed a rash or something on the nape of my neck. For some time, actually, but I've ignored it and ignored it, even though at times it's so itchy. A couple of days ago right before going to the gym I washed just the front of my hair with the Suave clarifying shampoo I usually use before dying my hair and I noticed a bunch of red bumps and redness on my forehead immediately after. It has to be that shampoo. I used it again yesterday, on my whole head, just to see - and sure enough, yes, bumps on my forehead.

I also noticed the sides of my neck and by my ears are very itchy too - which would be where the hair touches at times. Now this can't be just from that clarifying shampoo since I use it only once in a while.

The other night when I put on Retin-a and put it also on my neck it burned like hell there (no I won't do that again until I find out what's going on.)

What's funny is that the last time I got my haircut I noticed that the guy who washed my hair lifted my hair up several times as if he was looking at the nape of my neck - I am fairly certain he must have noticed a rash, and that's why he kept looking.

I've been ignoring it all this time but now I guess I want to deal with it since once again I have become aware how uncomfortable I've been and been putting up with it. :/

Do any of you have skin issues from shampoos/conditioners?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results