shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ,
These are from Garden of Wisdom

Grape Seed
Palmitic acid .6.7%
Palmitoleic acid 0.2%
Stearic acid 4.1%
Oleic acid 20.9%
Linoleic acid 66.8%
Linolenic acid 0.4%
Arachidic acid 0.1%

Jojoba
Erucic- 13.6%
Gadoleic- 71.3%
Oleic- 11.2%

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ckrickett---I use Peter Thomas Roth peel pads every morning before my shower, I love them.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1461790963|4024305 said:
Ckrickett---I use Peter Thomas Roth peel pads every morning before my shower, I love them.

I was looking at those at Sephora today! I didn't get them but I think I will try them out! Thanks

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
yanaazul|1461778084|4024222 said:
I hope one of those works for you, Chrono! Dry skin and breakout-prone sounds like the trickiest combination.

As for me, something is causing an eczema flareup on my neck and collarbones, argh. I use the exact same sunscreen and other skincare products on my face as I do on my neck and chest, so why I’m getting a reaction there (and now) and not on my face… The only hair product I use is the same Tsubaki oil that I also use on my face, so that’s not it, either. Now I’m going to have to use the bad skin-thinning corticosteroid cream to clear up the eczema (did I mention, tiny blisters GROSS and OUCH :angryfire: ) and then reintroduce everything to my neck and chest slowly.

Have you tried using Tatcha's Indigo Products. Its supposed to be good for Eczema

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1461786215|4024267 said:
CJ,
These are from Garden of Wisdom

Grape Seed
Palmitic acid .6.7%
Palmitoleic acid 0.2%
Stearic acid 4.1%
Oleic acid 20.9%
Linoleic acid 66.8%
Linolenic acid 0.4%
Arachidic acid 0.1%

Jojoba
Erucic- 13.6%
Gadoleic- 71.3%
Oleic- 11.2%

thanks chrono :))

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, there is soooooooo much info on this thread! Forgive me for asking such a basic question, but I am desperate!! Does anyone have a moisturizer that they LOVE?

I have oily skin that is starting to age and I use retain A....

Also, do you have a sunscreen that you love?

Thanks!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Housecat,
Are you looking for a lightweight, medium or heavy moisturizer? I have different types depending on how my skin is feeling.
I'm still trying to find the right sunscreen for me because it has to be alcohol-free and physical based only. What are you looking for in your sunscreen?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1461851545|4024578 said:
Housecat,
Are you looking for a lightweight, medium or heavy moisturizer? I have different types depending on how my skin is feeling.
I'm still trying to find the right sunscreen for me because it has to be alcohol-free and physical based only. What are you looking for in your sunscreen?
I am looking for all three with moisturizers and exactly the same thing with a sunscreen! LOL!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Housecat,
The lightest moisturizer I'm currently using is the LaRosche-Posay Toleraine Ultra
I'm using CeraVE PM as my medium weight moisturizer
My current heavy moisturizer is Skin Ceramics Donkey Milk Yogurt Sleeping Pack

I'm still waiting for the arrival of 2 sunscreens to see whether my skin agrees with them:
Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Waterproof SPF50+/PA+++
Atopita Moisture UV cream SPF50+/PA++++

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Housecat,

I enjoyed using Belif's Aquabomb and Moisture Bomb lotions. Moisture Bomb is definitely more heavier, but Aqua Bomb is gel based but still very moisturizing. Sephora does sell the larger and smaller travel sizes. I will say that the travel sizes are still pretty pricey.

As for now, I use Cerave nighttime cream, which is super thick - you need a scoop to get the stuff out. But I have super dry skin and I had a drop or two of oil to it.

Another lighter moisturizer if you have sensitive skin is Sebamed, but it's not moisturizing enough for my skin at this point unless I add some oil to it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
The moisturizers I have been using/have used. and love are

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer - Nice run of the mill moisturizer, leaves face hydrated, doesn't irritate my skin.
Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cream- I like this one as it is very light and moisturizing
and the expensive Creme De La Mer. I saw amazing results when I used this. But it is EXPENSIVE

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1461792949|4024320 said:
I hope one of those works for you, Chrono! Dry skin and breakout-prone sounds like the trickiest combination.

As for me, something is causing an eczema flareup on my neck and collarbones, argh. I use the exact same sunscreen and other skincare products on my face as I do on my neck and chest, so why I’m getting a reaction there (and now) and not on my face… The only hair product I use is the same Tsubaki oil that I also use on my face, so that’s not it, either. Now I’m going to have to use the bad skin-thinning corticosteroid cream to clear up the eczema (did I mention, tiny blisters GROSS and OUCH :angryfire: ) and then reintroduce everything to my neck and chest slowly.

Have you tried using Tatcha's Indigo Products. Its supposed to be good for Eczema
I like the Face Cream and the Hand Cream.

House Cat|1461849763|4024560 said:
OK, there is soooooooo much info on this thread! Forgive me for asking such a basic question, but I am desperate!! Does anyone have a moisturizer that they LOVE?

Thanks!!!!
I use the Josie Maran SPF47 moisturizer during the day, but I also like Kanebo Allie extra UV gel mineral moist SPF 50 PA++++ Waterproof which is a Japanese sunblock.

Yimmers|1461855004|4024605 said:
Housecat,

I enjoyed using Belif's Aquabomb and Moisture Bomb lotions. Moisture Bomb is definitely more heavier, but Aqua Bomb is gel based but still very moisturizing. Sephora does sell the larger and smaller travel sizes. I will say that the travel sizes are still pretty pricey.

As for now, I use Cerave nighttime cream, which is super thick - you need a scoop to get the stuff out. But I have super dry skin and I had a drop or two of oil to it.

Another lighter moisturizer if you have sensitive skin is Sebamed, but it's not moisturizing enough for my skin at this point unless I add some oil to it.
That new Cerave night cream is AMAZING.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Scinic Honey All in One ampoule arrived from Memebox and I'm in love. It is more soothing and less sticky than the Banila Co Honey Essence Oil. I'm reapplying it every 4 hours because my office air conditioning is very drying.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1461849763|4024560 said:

Thanks!!!!

Housecat - my favorite sunscreen by far - I do love it, actually (as much as one could love a sunscreen) is the MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme (the tinted one). Important to me: no fragrance, no alcohol, high zinc oxide (physical) content. And because it has a subtle tint, it does not leave me white yet the tone works for me and leaves me looking natural. It's expensive, so I use this only for my face and neck. It does not have any moisturizers per se in it so I make sure my skin is well hydrated before applying. They will send you samples if you ask them.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1461854684|4024604 said:
Housecat,
The lightest moisturizer I'm currently using is the LaRosche-Posay Toleraine Ultra
I'm using CeraVE PM as my medium weight moisturizer
My current heavy moisturizer is Skin Ceramics Donkey Milk Yogurt Sleeping Pack

I'm still waiting for the arrival of 2 sunscreens to see whether my skin agrees with them:
Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Waterproof SPF50+/PA+++
Atopita Moisture UV cream SPF50+/PA++++
Did you say Donkey Milk???

:lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1461872285|4024770 said:
Did you say Donkey Milk??? :lol:
Hey, Cleopatra bathed in it, right? ;)) :bigsmile:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1461872777|4024774 said:
I can't wait to try it!!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Anyone try Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner? I'd really, really like to get my pores under control....
Also, does anyone have any recommendations for oily, greasy scalp/hair? My daughter is going through puberty and the poor thing has horribly greasy scalp/hair. We use dry shampoos in between hair washing, but the scent is usually pretty powerful (we've tried lots of different brands) and I don't like breathing that stuff in on a regular basis.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH commented that my dark spots are fading last night. That's a good sign because he doesn't always notice details.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1461887835|4024855 said:
Anyone try Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner? I'd really, really like to get my pores under control....
Also, does anyone have any recommendations for oily, greasy scalp/hair? My daughter is going through puberty and the poor thing has horribly greasy scalp/hair. We use dry shampoos in between hair washing, but the scent is usually pretty powerful (we've tried lots of different brands) and I don't like breathing that stuff in on a regular basis.

Hi momhappy, how often does your DD shampoo her hair? Does it get greasy before the day is out? If not I would recommend shampooing and conditioning daily to help manage her greasy scalp. It really works and my dermatologist recommends this to his patents who need daily shampooing. I always use hair products without SLS and all the other "harmful" ingredients. My go to shampoo and conditioner is from Giovanni and they make products for all different hair types. I love their tea tree oil shampoo and smooth as silk conditioner.

As for Paula's Choice I tried her sensitive skin pore reducing chemical exfoliator a few months ago but it didn't do anything for me. Albeit I used such a tiny amount I might have never stood a chance. LOL. And the reviews from other users were good. So my recommendation is to try it and see. I love that you can purchase small sample sizes from her website because it doesn't cost much to try her products. Good luck.

Chrono said:
DH commented that my dark spots are fading last night. That's a good sign because he doesn't always notice details.

Chrono, that is wonderful news! So pleased for you!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the moisturizer recs! I can't wait to try them!

Momhappy, I have fine and oily hair. It gets oily in the middle of the day, especially on my bangs. This is what I do...

First, a few highlights help. Truth is, they are drying. Even some color can help.

Next you need to find a shampoo that is clarifying but that doesn't cause reactive oiliness. I sort of switch between a clarifying shampoo and a normal shampoo.

I also shampoo wash one day and conditioner wash the second day (still shampoo washing my bangs and this really oily spot on the back of my head). So what I mean is, I wet my hair and take a tiny amount of shampoo and wash my bangs and that one super oily spot while making sure I don't get shampoo anywhere else. Then I rinse. Then I co-wash my hair, avoiding my bangs. I do this because I have been told that I need to cut down on shampooing to stop oiliness. I haven't been able to do that. This is a happy medium and it has helped.

I spray dry shampoo in my hair at the roots immediately after styling before it gets oily. This helps a lot! Use a good dry shampoo! They are not all created equal. I use batiste but I am going to try Living Proof next time.

Living proof also has a product that people have been raving about that keeps your hair oil free for days. It is an overnight mask. http://www.livingproof.com/buy/perfecthairday-nightcap-overnight-perfector I haven't personally tried it but I think it was Gypsy who tried it and liked it. I need to buy it and give it a try...

Hope some of this helps...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spray dry shampoo in my hair at the roots immediately after styling before it gets oily. This helps a lot! Use a good dry shampoo! They are not all created equal. I use batiste but I am going to try Living Proof next time.
I use Living Proof's. That's the one I use the most often. I like Batiste too, but the Living Proof is so much better. I feel like i use less of it. On the nights i don't shampoo in the shower (and put it under a shower cap), I spray it on before bed so it absorbs the oil overnight. It's totally soaked in by morning, and then I just like, massage my scalp and brush through it to make sure it's not "feely" in there before I style it.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(I know this is about products we love, but...mentioning the ones we don't like might be helpful to someone too.)

Tried the Dermalogica Precleanse (because so many people rave about it) and hated it...

Made my skin feel dry afterwards and the fragrance is pretty heavy...

Returning.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First off, let me just say that while I don't think I have ever contributed to this thread, I really enjoy it and have picked up several things from it!

momhappy|1461887835|4024855 said:

I have tried most of her toners, and a lot of her other products. I can't speak directly to that one at the moment, but I recently re-tried her Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. Wow, I'd noticed a very subtle difference when I used it previously, but this time around it was like I had some sort of peel or treatment. So, I noticed a big difference the first time I used it, and the effect got a little better each day for about two weeks (and now has leveled out). For reference, I generally have normal-combo skin with occasional light bouts of acne, and uneven tone with light redness here and there. It totally helped with my pores, and overall made my skin tighter, even-toned, and smoother.

Around the same time, I started washing with this (Bubble & Bee Cool Cucumber Facial Cleanser) in combination with using the BHA liquid and my skin has never looked better. I definitely credit the clearing of my skin to this, and I think it has also added overall the reduction of redness.
http://bubbleandbee.com/organic-facial-cleanser-cool-cucumber/

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for hair, I am loving the shampoos also by Bubble & Bee.
http://bubbleandbee.com/hair-care/

momhappy, one of the things they recommend is using a little bit of baking soda with their shampoo to help with greasiness. Now, in their case it's caused by hard water interacting with their ingredients (no detergents, but apparently soap?). Indeed, without the baking soda, and using just their shampoo, I became a mega-greaseball. Once I added in the baking soda, my hair is amazing! It couldn't hurt to try that with your daughter - I understand she is getting the grease for potentially different reasons, but hey, who knows.

Much like my skin, I didn't hate my hair but didn't love it either, it always had just enough urgh going on to give me some grief. Now, omg, I do actually love my hair! It was a learning curve to use the Bubble & Bee as I didn't know you rinsed with just water first, then applied the vinegar rinse (I thought you actually rinsed with the vinegar rinse) so that was also causing grease city. But once I got the routine down after some googling, my hair is soon soft, strong, voluminous, and shiny! I just blot dry with a cotton t-shirt and dry with a diffuser, easy-peasy and it looks great. I stopped using styling products when I started this, but I went back to using a touch of gel to tame my ends after a couple of weeks. Hopefully once my damaged hair (from coloring and highlighting) grows out, I won't need to use anything, but if I do, it's still a nicer routine and less product/chemicals than before. Yay!

OH! And I started my kids using this shampoo and rinse, and NO MORE DANDRUFF! My son had soooo much dandruff, it was bad. I didn't think there was anything that could possibly help *that* bad of a case of it. One shampoo with this stuff, and 90% gone! Now, nothing. Same with DD, who had less to begin with, but was always itchy and did have a few patches. No more itch, no more dandruff. Guess the chemicals and ingredients were irritating them. I'm still rather shocked, to be honest. But yeah, suffice it to say I love this stuff.

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock

I'm tempted by Tatcha, it's all so pretty. But... the thing is, I'm happy with my current face routine (which does actually include rice bran oil and tsubaki oil like Tatcha's products, I just buy it straight from Japan), and it irks me that I'm going to have to figure out something separate for my neck/chest.

CJ - sounds like you are having a contact dermatitis episode. It could be the shampoo. Even though you don’t use it often, you could have built up an irritation that hasn’t had a chance to resolve before the next time you use the shampoo (believe me, sensitized skin can linger for quite a while…) Or it could be another hair product, for instance, do you put a shine serum on your hair, and your hair brushes the nape of your neck? Or, have you started using a different laundry detergent?

Fragrance in products triggers my eczema, so I’ve had to switch to fragrance-free everything. I had eczema patches all down my body that didn’t go away even when I used fragrance-free body wash and lotion and detergent – not until I switched my shampoo and conditioner, because those come in contact with the body as you rinse out.

Unfortunately, it could be any number of ingredients that are triggering you – but fragrance is an easy starting point. I use Whole Food’s 365 Everyday Value fragrance-free line – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap. And now you can find anything on Amazon. Good luck!

Chrono said:

That's amazing! How long have you been using the new routine?

momhappy said:

I haven't used this one (because I use her toner for dry skin) but it does have good reviews, though since it's not an active, I'm not sure how it reduces pores. The niacinamide, it seems? I do think your BHA (the Cosrx Blackhead Liquid, right?) is going to do the heavy lifting on keeping your pores clear so that they can tighten. I use Paula's Choice Resist Pore-Refining 2% BHA and really like it, so if you end up not liking the Cosrx for one reason or another, the PC could be an alternative. Back the niacinamide, it occurs to me -- Chrono, have you seen improvement in your pores since you started using Shark Sauce? (If you had an issue with visible pores in the first place).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1461872777|4024774 said:
this made me snort

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
yanaazul|1461961263|4025228 said:

I'm tempted by Tatcha, it's all so pretty. But... the thing is, I'm happy with my current face routine (which does actually include rice bran oil and tsubaki oil like Tatcha's products, I just buy it straight from Japan), and it irks me that I'm going to have to figure out something separate for my neck/chest.

CJ - sounds like you are having a contact dermatitis episode. It could be the shampoo. Even though you don’t use it often, you could have built up an irritation that hasn’t had a chance to resolve before the next time you use the shampoo (believe me, sensitized skin can linger for quite a while…) Or it could be another hair product, for instance, do you put a shine serum on your hair, and your hair brushes the nape of your neck? Or, have you started using a different laundry detergent?

Fragrance in products triggers my eczema, so I’ve had to switch to fragrance-free everything. I had eczema patches all down my body that didn’t go away even when I used fragrance-free body wash and lotion and detergent – not until I switched my shampoo and conditioner, because those come in contact with the body as you rinse out.

Unfortunately, it could be any number of ingredients that are triggering you – but fragrance is an easy starting point. I use Whole Food’s 365 Everyday Value fragrance-free line – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap. And now you can find anything on Amazon. Good luck!

Chrono said:

That's amazing! How long have you been using the new routine?

momhappy said:

I haven't used this one (because I use her toner for dry skin) but it does have good reviews, though since it's not an active, I'm not sure how it reduces pores. The niacinamide, it seems? I do think your BHA (the Cosrx Blackhead Liquid, right?) is going to do the heavy lifting on keeping your pores clear so that they can tighten. I use Paula's Choice Resist Pore-Refining 2% BHA and really like it, so if you end up not liking the Cosrx for one reason or another, the PC could be an alternative. Back the niacinamide, it occurs to me -- Chrono, have you seen improvement in your pores since you started using Shark Sauce? (If you had an issue with visible pores in the first place).

I would at least give the triple recovery cream a shot if you are ever down to try new products.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yanaazul|1461961263|4025228 said:

thanks yana

I didn't realize that sensitized skin could linger like that.

Made me wonder if maybe it's the hair color I use. I hope not because the color is perfect. :/

I dyed my hair again last night and to protect that area of my neck I put on Waxelene - it definitely helped.

I really dislike fragrance in any of the products that go on my skin but I never thought that the fragrance in products like shampoo and conditioner could be causing problems too. I hate the idea of giving up a pretty fragrance for my hair but I'll give it a shot (because yes, it is SO difficult to figure out which ingredient could be causing an issue!)

Thank you!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I have been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now, and it has been so helpful!

A couple of months ago we moved to a much drier climate, and then spring hit (seasonal allergies), and my skin started to get very unhappy very quickly. I started the process of hunting for new products, but my skin was not tolerating anything I tried (stinging, redness, dryness). Two weeks ago I had a full blown allergic reaction, which landed me in the hospital (angioedema, anaphylaxis), and my poor face swelled up and was covered in hives (along with the rest of me!). Apparently I have developed a brand new food allergy (yay). So I am thinking the increasingly sensitized skin was tied in with my immune system going bonkers, and 2 weeks post reaction it is still sensitized- even my glasses sitting on my nose can be painful.

I had switched to a completely "bland" regime several weeks back when nothing was working, borrowing from products the derm has recommended for my son's extremely sensitive, eczema prone skin over the years (Neutrogena extra gentle creamy cleanser, Complex 15, cetaphil cream), and this has helped to heal the raw spots on my cheeks and to calm my skin down a lot. However, none of these products actually do anything to improve overall skin health or appearance- they are just innocuous, moisture band-aids (although I am grateful to have them when my skin was reacting to everything else), and I am looking for better products as I can slowly test things every couple of weeks.

Reading Caroline Hirons blog lead me to Deciem, and I purchased the Copper Amino Isolate Serum 1% from their NIOD line, and the SubQ Anti-Age serum and Sensitivity booster from their Hylamide line. http://deciem.com/ Does anyone have experience with any of these?

It will be a bit before I can test them- I have La Roche Posay Toleraine dermo cleanser lined up next, since I think the one I'm using is still not quite gentle enough. It is so hard to be patient! I want my face better now, and I have a dozen unopened bottles lined up on my dressing table calling my name...but my poor face has been through a lot recently...must go slowly. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results