shape
carat
color
clarity

Beauty Products You Are Loving...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1460407921|4018052 said:
Chrono|1460390892|4017953 said:
House Cat|1460390104|4017946 said:
I'm not loving the snail eye cream. Does it take a while? I have always used a shisedo product and it works like a dream. This snail cream is leaving me a bit dry and crepey when I am oily to begin with.
I am sorry to read that it's not working well for you. My eye lids were so dry they were crepe-y but they look great now. I did not need any time adjustment as my skin just soaked it up. I dot just a minuscule amount all around the eye area.

This is something that I've been wondering - do most women put product/moisturizer on their eyelids? I always sort of avoid my eyes when putting on product unless I'm specifically applying something under my eyes (for fine lines/wrinkles) like an eye cream. I see lots of older women with pretty nice skin overall, but then they have these crepe-y, wrinkled eye lids (and I don't mean just the eye lid, but the whole area from lids to brows). I'd like to try to avoid this if possible, but I also don't like the idea of getting too many chemicals in my eyes.

For anyone looking for a great eye product, something I use a lot is Clarins Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask. I use it when I use a face mask and I smooth it on all around my eyes - inner corners, eyelids all over up to brows, under eyes and outer eyes (where you get crow's feet). It's a light cream, and I leave it on for an hour or so while watching TV, and then wash it off. The nice thing about the product is that you feel it's an extra thing you can do for your eye area in addition to using eye cream day and night.

In terms of eye cream, I also use Clarins Extra-Firming Eye Lift Perfecting Serum plus an eye cream. Again with Clarins, I like their Extra-Firming Eye Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. Both of these products have excellent reviews and for me, the eye serum plus eye cream is a very powerful combination.

I used to use Clarins' Extra-Firming Neck Cream which I thought was excellent, but expensive - almost $90, and it all starts to add up. So I bought a much cheaper one by Benefit which had really good reviews, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it smells like diaper cream! Apparently the skin on your neck is very different from your face skin so needs a different kind of cream, and I can see that - the two places do feel different. My neck skin is much thicker and of course, everyone has those natural lines going across - which I don't want to be any deeper than they need to be!

Face masks that I really like are Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Ageing Mask and Lancome's Purifying Mineral Mask with White Clay. The latter is particularly good.

In an ideal world, I'd do one clarifying mask and one hydrating mask a week, using the eye mask at the same time. (I reality, I go weeks without doing it at all.)

Another product I adore is the Clarins facial oils. They all smell heavenly and help you to sleep. But Momhappy, if you're sensitive to fragrance then you probably wouldn't like them as the smell is strong - but gorgeous.

Another eye cream that I like which is a very moisturizing gel cream - Origins Plantscription Anti-Ageing Eye Cream. It's very good and costs $45 which is quite a bit cheaper than the Clarins stuff, so it's good if you're feeling the need to rein in a bit.

That's my product update! :sun:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1460407921|4018052 said:
Chrono|1460390892|4017953 said:
House Cat|1460390104|4017946 said:
I'm not loving the snail eye cream. Does it take a while? I have always used a shisedo product and it works like a dream. This snail cream is leaving me a bit dry and crepey when I am oily to begin with.
I am sorry to read that it's not working well for you. My eye lids were so dry they were crepe-y but they look great now. I did not need any time adjustment as my skin just soaked it up. I dot just a minuscule amount all around the eye area.

This is something that I've been wondering - do most women put product/moisturizer on their eyelids? I always sort of avoid my eyes when putting on product unless I'm specifically applying something under my eyes (for fine lines/wrinkles) like an eye cream. I see lots of older women with pretty nice skin overall, but then they have these crepe-y, wrinkled eye lids (and I don't mean just the eye lid, but the whole area from lids to brows). I'd like to try to avoid this if possible, but I also don't like the idea of getting too many chemicals in my eyes.

For anyone looking for a great eye product, something I use a lot is Clarins Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask. I use it when I use a face mask and I smooth it on all around my eyes - inner corners, eyelids all over up to brows, under eyes and outer eyes (where you get crow's feet). It's a light cream, and I leave it on for an hour or so while watching TV, and then wash it off. The nice thing about the product is that you feel it's an extra thing you can do for your eye area in addition to using eye cream day and night.

In terms of eye cream, I also use Clarins Extra-Firming Eye Lift Perfecting Serum plus an eye cream. Again with Clarins, I like their Extra-Firming Eye Wrinkle Smoothing Cream. Both of these products have excellent reviews and for me, the eye serum plus eye cream is a very powerful combination.

I used to use Clarins' Extra-Firming Neck Cream which I thought was excellent, but expensive - almost $90, and it all starts to add up. So I bought a much cheaper one by Benefit which had really good reviews, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it smells like diaper cream! Apparently the skin on your neck is very different from your face skin so needs a different kind of cream, and I can see that - the two places do feel different. My neck skin is much thicker and of course, everyone has those natural lines going across - which I don't want to be any deeper than they need to be!

Face masks that I really like are Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Ageing Mask and Lancome's Purifying Mineral Mask with White Clay. The latter is particularly good.

In an ideal world, I'd do one clarifying mask and one hydrating mask a week, using the eye mask at the same time. (I reality, I go weeks without doing it at all.)

Another product I adore is the Clarins facial oils. They all smell heavenly and help you to sleep. But Momhappy, if you're sensitive to fragrance then you probably wouldn't like them as the smell is strong - but gorgeous.

Another eye cream that I like which is a very moisturizing gel cream - Origins Plantscription Anti-Ageing Eye Cream. It's very good and costs $45 which is quite a bit cheaper than the Clarins stuff, so it's good if you're feeling the need to rein in a bit.

That's my product update! :sun:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1460748296|4019788 said:
Yimmers|1460744197|4019761 said:
Tried a small sample of shark sauce, and my face immediately became red and painful, to the point that I just cleaned my face off. This was after doing a patch test behind the ear. I'm going to try again to see how it is now that my face has calmed down. Also bought a small sample of the Perseid oil, but haven't tried it out yet.

I'm so sorry nothing is working for you. What I've done is to try to find the pesky ingredient that I am allergic to, so I make a note of all the ingredients of items that made me break out and try to find the common ingredients. Could you be allergic to niaminicide?

Samples are the way to go. If the products costs more then $20 I will not buy it unless I can try a sample for a few days. I was at Ulta looking for an eye cream, and a Stri-vectin rep was trying to get me to buy hers. I let her put a sample on me, and initially it was great. I asked if she had a sample I could have to give it a day or two to see if I would have a reaction. She kept saying "Oh if you would have a reaction you would see it by now" I ended up not getting it (I follow my gut) and low and behold within 5 hours my eye (she only put it on one side) was super red and puffy and irritated. Glad I wasn't suckered into her sale pitch and bought it.

I like the idea of looking for ingredients that don't work. I used to just steer clear of brands, but I need to take a more proactive approach and really study the products that my skin hates.

Zlata

Rough_Rock
Missy, hope you don’t mind me chiming in since I so rarely post. You may recall that we commiserated some time ago re: our sensitive skin issues. You’re right to be cautious with tretinoin. I do use the very weakest in gel form for cosmetic purposes. It’s not generic. Specifically, Retin-A Micro Gel 0.04%. It’s made by Valeant. It’s not cheap and I’m not sure if it’s cheaper in Canada. I’ve used it for years and like it very much. I am able to tolerate it on areas of my face that are not prone to redness-my forehead and around my mouth. After all these years, I am still too chicken to use it below my eyes or on my cheeks. Also, I am only able to use it twice a week. Most people use Retin-A nightly, but I know my skin and how sensitive I am to medications. As per usual, what is considered by doctors to be a sub-therapeutic dose of medicine is more than effective for me. However if your doctor feels 0.04% is too low in strength to be effective for your needs, so be it.

Absolutely do a patch test and wait at least 48 hours for any reaction. I believe the gel is less irritating than the cream, but have never tried the cream. Bonus: Most effective with occasional blemishes. A little dab at night will dry it up by morning.
All that said, I typically use it fall/winter when there’s less sun and fewer UV rays and don’t use in summer. Effective sunscreen is a must when you’re using it, as I’m sure you know.

This last, totally unrelated tip may have you rolling your eyes at me, but I do recommend positive thinking. Take a photo of yourself and in Photoshop or some such tool make your skin look as you wish it did. Print that picture and post it on your vanity mirror. Look at it daily and tell yourself that your skin is healthy and reacts normally to all conditions (or whatever feels right for you to say). You are resetting your subconscious with positive thoughts instead of worrying ones. It can be quite effective.
You can also tell your skin to calm down as it’s overreacting. I’ve done this and it has been effective. Be firm and use an authoritative tone. Sounds goofy, I suppose, but it really has worked.
As always, best wishes.
Z

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I wish skin issues could be corrected with positive thinking and/or by "telling" it what to do, but sadly, I don't believe that's the case. If it was true, we'd all have the perfect acne-free/spot-free/wrinkle-free/rosacea-free skin.
Of course, there's nothing wrong with some positive thinking (and I agree that it can maybe even be helpful on some levels) =)

Zlata

Rough_Rock
momhappy said:
Of course, there's nothing wrong with some positive thinking (and I agree that it can maybe even be helpful on some levels) =)

Exactly. :))
I know, momhappy. It sounds too simple, doesn't it? There are various mind-body techniques, such as biofeedback, that enlist the power of the mind to improve physical symptoms. As we know, results vary. Just like people. :wink2:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1460841033|4020166 said:
^I wish skin issues could be corrected with positive thinking and/or by "telling" it what to do, but sadly, I don't believe that's the case. If it was true, we'd all have the perfect acne-free/spot-free/wrinkle-free/rosacea-free skin.

Id love it to be positive thinking. Id happy thought this obnoxious sensitive skin all the way to the moon

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1460748296|4019788 said:
Yimmers|1460744197|4019761 said:
Tried a small sample of shark sauce, and my face immediately became red and painful, to the point that I just cleaned my face off. This was after doing a patch test behind the ear. I'm going to try again to see how it is now that my face has calmed down. Also bought a small sample of the Perseid oil, but haven't tried it out yet.

I'm so sorry nothing is working for you. What I've done is to try to find the pesky ingredient that I am allergic to, so I make a note of all the ingredients of items that made me break out and try to find the common ingredients. Could you be allergic to niaminicide?

Having looked into niaminicide, apparently this, along with Retins, AHAs, BHAs, salicylic and glycolic acids, certain oils (like tea tree), etc, can cause reactions in sensitive skin people, especially rosacea. Geez...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zlata|1460830192|4020071 said:
Missy, hope you don’t mind me chiming in since I so rarely post. You may recall that we commiserated some time ago re: our sensitive skin issues. You’re right to be cautious with tretinoin. I do use the very weakest in gel form for cosmetic purposes. It’s not generic. Specifically, Retin-A Micro Gel 0.04%. It’s made by Valeant. It’s not cheap and I’m not sure if it’s cheaper in Canada. I’ve used it for years and like it very much. I am able to tolerate it on areas of my face that are not prone to redness-my forehead and around my mouth. After all these years, I am still too chicken to use it below my eyes or on my cheeks. Also, I am only able to use it twice a week. Most people use Retin-A nightly, but I know my skin and how sensitive I am to medications. As per usual, what is considered by doctors to be a sub-therapeutic dose of medicine is more than effective for me. However if your doctor feels 0.04% is too low in strength to be effective for your needs, so be it.

Absolutely do a patch test and wait at least 48 hours for any reaction. I believe the gel is less irritating than the cream, but have never tried the cream. Bonus: Most effective with occasional blemishes. A little dab at night will dry it up by morning.
All that said, I typically use it fall/winter when there’s less sun and fewer UV rays and don’t use in summer. Effective sunscreen is a must when you’re using it, as I’m sure you know.

This last, totally unrelated tip may have you rolling your eyes at me, but I do recommend positive thinking. Take a photo of yourself and in Photoshop or some such tool make your skin look as you wish it did. Print that picture and post it on your vanity mirror. Look at it daily and tell yourself that your skin is healthy and reacts normally to all conditions (or whatever feels right for you to say). You are resetting your subconscious with positive thoughts instead of worrying ones. It can be quite effective.
You can also tell your skin to calm down as it’s overreacting. I’ve done this and it has been effective. Be firm and use an authoritative tone. Sounds goofy, I suppose, but it really has worked.
As always, best wishes.
Z

Hi Ziata, thank you for chiming in and of course I don't mind! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and letting us know what works well for you! I am always happy to see you posting and glad things are going smoothly for you. I agree with the power of positive thinking and while I know it seems I vent on PS a lot that helps me get it out and remain positive and hopeful. Hope that makes sense. So sharing my frustration and worries here and with loved ones helps me be more hopeful in general.

I am pleased the Retin-A Micro Gel is working out well for you!

So I could be wrong but this is how I understand it. The gel has more alcohol than the cream and therefore would be extremely irritating to me as I cannot tolerate alcohol on my face. Also my derm gave me the .025% concentration of the cream (and I believe that is the lowest % he could have prescribed in the cream form at least in the states) which is less than .04% of the gel you are currently applying. Though I know for the gel the .04% is the lowest concentration that exists but the cream comes in .025%.
In addition I plan on mixing it (as directed by my dermatologist) with 3 parts moisturizer and 1 part Tretinoin further reducing its strength by diluting it when applying.

My dermatologist wants me to apply the Tretinoin to my whole face and that is what is concerning to me since my POD prone skin breakout is (obviously) in the perioral area and my rosacea prone skin is predominantly in the cheek area. That almost takes up my whole face not leaving much area where to apply the med. My forehead is nice and clear and usually remains that way so I am wondering if I should apply the cream there as I have no issues there and would like to leave well enough alone if you kwim. Now I would love to get rid of those inflamed enlarged pores and blackheads I have on the nose and was thinking of patch testing there. My concern on the nose is I would hate to set something off there because of my concern for the potential for rhinophyma and while my derm assures me I have no sign of that it is the last bastion I have of rosacea free skin (as I have all the other 3 variants/forms of rosacea) and would hate to tempt the fire there.

Thanks for letting me continue to get my fears out here girls about my skin issues. Part of me says leave well enough alone but part of me realizes if I could find a topical to help with this it would be amazing because I might not be able to tolerate my oral med for much longer and also need to find something else to help with my skin becoming more inflamed and now with blackheads despite all the meds I am taking.

Re Niacinamide, Yimmers you are quite right. Niacinamide is a potentially irritating and sensitizing ingredient so please be careful.
It can be so helpful for some but unfortunately it can be too harsh for some people too.

Zlata

Rough_Rock
Oh, yes. The 0.025% cream is most certainly a lower strength than the 0.04% gel. I didn’t realize that was available and, thinking back, I probably chose the gel because my skin just will not tolerate creamy moisturizers. It seems to do well with serums and gels. Alcohol (in moderation -edit-I mean topically) doesn’t upset my skin. Natural ingredients are the enemy. (Which makes me crazy because…natural ingredients!)

You (of course, because you’ve done your research) and your doctor appear to have a conservative and potentially very beneficial plan for healing your skin. I do really like Retin-A. It’s one of the very few products that my skin hasn’t revolted against, even after years of use. The worst reaction so far has been occasional peeling and temporary redness, both of which resolved quickly without morphing into more dire symptoms. I am not one to tolerate “purging” etc. My skin doesn’t need the actual aggravation and I don’t need the emotional distress. Is it possible to do a patch test inside your arm? If that goes well you could try another test on an inconspicuous part of your forehead or neck. If you’re able to go slowly, it will be easier to back off a bit, if your skin needs time to adjust.

Absolutely! You are probably the most positive person on this board, Missy. :angel: I agree that venting is a great strategy for releasing unneeded thoughts. So often, I’ll sit silently on an issue and my DH will notice and encourage me to talk. I may need more time before I’m ready to do that, but once I do bring the concern out into the open, it often just evaporates and I tell myself I won’t wait so long to talk next time!

This is a great place for venting and getting feedback. Everyone’s so helpful and compassionate. So, I feel comfortable throwing out my oddball ideas. Thanks for understanding that I am sincere.

Have a wonderful day!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Ok I don't remember who mentioned La Mer's cleansing gel, but I just wanted to give a big ole THANK YOU for recommending that. I have been using it for the past week and HOLY MOLY is it amazing!
I just updated my nighttime and morning skin care routine and I am so happy to have been told about this!!! :love: :love: :love: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
AME, it was you in a previous thread! THANK YOU! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't followed ths thread but recently tried a Nerium skin product. It's a pyamid scheme but I refused to be a customer on monthly orders and I have to admit I like it and I've seen a change. I only ordered it to help a friend. I had to rein her in and tell her I was not sharing before and after pictures, I had no plans to sell it on the side to friends and I was not committing to monthly shipments. I will admit when I was wrong. I like how my skin feels since starting to use it and it looks better. I'm still only buying the night cream. I haven't tried anything else.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing this great Tuesday morning/noon/night?

Current routine (minor tweaking)
A.M.
1. Cleanse: Hada Labo Hyaluronic Foam Wash
2. Essence: Snowbang
3. Serum: Shark Sauce and Honey Essence Oil
4. Moisturize: Joseon Beauty Cream
5. Protect: Goodal Mild Protect Natural Filter Sun Cream SPF50+/PA+++ (physical sunscreen)

P.M.
1. Cleanse: Banila Co Clean it Purity
2. Double Cleanse: Hada Labo Hyaluronic Foam Wash
3. Exfoliate: Garden of Wisdom 10% alcohol-free Mandelic Acid (2x per week)
4. Acids: C21.5 Vitamin C Serum and Cosrx BHA Blackhead Liquid
5. Essence: Snowbang
6. Serum: Shark Sauce, and Honey Essence Oil
7. Mask: Freeset Donkey Milk (Healing and Aqua)
8. Moisturize: Joseon Beauty Cream

I love the Hada Labo face wash. It feels like I'm washing my face with a poufy cloud, my face feels clean but not stripped. I also just ordered the Grain Ferment Cleansing Sherbet from Memebox which is on sale because reviews have been very positive with many Banila Co users now preferring this first cleanser as it is gentler and feels cleaner.

The physical exfoliants are temporarily shelved and my GoW Mandelic Acid is back in action because I feel that the Mandelic Acid is gentler. It is too soon to form an opinion of the Cosrx BHA at the moment.

I'm currently essence-less because I've kicked the Missha FTEI to the curb so I'm waiting for the Snowbang to arrive. Still loving the Shark Sauce.

I love masking but most have either too much alcohol or my skin didn't like them until Freeset. The difference is immediate and lasts the entire day. This is definitely my HG product and I'll be bringing it with me on long flights. It has the bonus of not looking like a ghost when I put it on.

The Joseon Beauty cream is all right. Non reactive and I have to make sure I use only the tiniest amount (less than a pea sized) or it will pill. No reaction and the hydration seems to last many hours.

It seems I cannot wear anything Missha. I broke out in hives after using their sunscreen so that's kicked out now. The Goodal doesn't feel right on the skin but at least it isn't reactive. I've ordered the Atopita SPF50/PA++++ meant for babies so hopefully this will be the right sunscreen for me. It has to be alcohol free and uses physical blockers only.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,
When do you start your new regimen?

Yimmers,
I took a look at the Snowbang Essence ingredient list and it doesn't contain niaminicide and contains liquorice root which is good for PIH. Did you get a sample to try? I, too, cannot use Tea Tree and most acids, so I use Mandelic Acid which is gentler and only use the BHA on alternate nights.

Ckrickett,
I am re-purposing the skin care products that my face hates and putting it on the soles of my feet. After removing the dead skin, I rub on the MIssha FTEI, Missha Borabit, and Etude House eye cream and the white lines disappeared in front of my very eyes. My heels now look and feel as soft as my children's heels! Very expensive foot cream but the effect is amazing. :lol:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thats good to know!

Here is my updated routine. I have noticed my complexion has really been quite amazing recently, and my skin feels softer as well!

Morning
1. Cleanser- Secret Key Snow Queen Cleasner, or just swipe my face with the Innisfree Green Tea cleansing Water
2. Toner - Benton Aloe Vera Toner or SK-II Facial Cleansing Lotion
3. Essence- SK-ii Facial Treatment Essence, then Corsx Blackhead Liquid
4. Serum- Tatcha Firming Serum, Ole Henriksen Red Tea Antioxidant Serum
5. Eye Cream - Etude House Collagen Eye Cream (I am almost out and bought the sk-II eye cream to try next)
6. Moisturize- Tatcha Indigo Triple Recovery Cream, or Innisfree Green Tea moisturizer (depends on if I am wearing makeup or not)
7. Sun Protection- Tatcha PORE PERFECTING SUNSCREEN BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 35, or Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock SPF50+ PA+++(depends on if I am wearing makeup or not)
8.Body- Nature Republic Soothing Aloe Gel. I use this instead of body lotion. Its a holy grail product, and its so cheap!

Evening
1. First Cleanse- Banila Co. Clean it or Tatcha Cleansing Oil
2. Second Cleanse- Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam from Innisfree or La Mer Cleansing Gel
3. Toner- Benton BHA Aloe Toner or SK-II Facial Treatment Lotion
4. Exfoliate- Cure Natural Aqua Gel also I just finished my old sugar scrub looking for a replacement
5. Cleanse-(I only do this when I exfoliate, I exfoliate every other day so if I don't exfoliate I skip this) Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water
6. Essence- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, Corsk Blackhead Liquid
7. Mask- Various Sheet Masks. I have been loving the ones from PUR-Lisse, if not sheet then the cooling cucumber mask from Peter Thomas Roth
8. Serum- Tatcha Firming Serum, Ole Henriksen Red Tea Antioxidant Serum
9. Eye Cream - Etude House Collagen Eye Cream (I am almost out and bought the sk-II eye cream to try next)
10. Moisturize- Either Creme de La Mer or Tatcha Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream
11. Face Oil- Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil by Korres
12. Sleeping Pack- (I do this twice a week) A'Pieu Water Sleeping Pack
Body- Nature Republic Soothing Aloe Gel

this has been my routine the past 2 weeks, and aside from the eye cream will probably be it until summer. so far so good.
I have really been digging Innisfree products lately. My skin just loves them. and the cleansing water is so refreshing

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also use Retin-A about 2x a week. I keep it on the upper half of my face most of the time. I will really pile it on every other Saturday and then put on a sheet mask OVER it, and that has made a big deal as well. Less irritation and peeling for some reason.

ckrickett|1461025880|4020940 said:
Ok I don't remember who mentioned La Mer's cleansing gel, but I just wanted to give a big ole THANK YOU for recommending that. I have been using it for the past week and HOLY MOLY is it amazing!
I just updated my nighttime and morning skin care routine and I am so happy to have been told about this!!! :love: :love: :love: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
You're welcome! It's so great, isn't it? I know it's OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, but that pump bottle will last a LONG time. It's gentle, non-irritating, does not suck the moisture out of your face despite foaming beautifully, doesn't leave a "film" like some I've tried, and there's just something different about it that I wish I had a better understanding of. Above all: I do not ever react to it and I sometimes do react to other products by them. I buy two at a time because they don't make the batches more than I think 2 times a year, and they've "run out" before, and had to do waiting lists. So I have made sure I always have a backup now. It's my favorite.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ame|1461095032|4021330 said:
I also use Retin-A about 2x a week. I keep it on the upper half of my face most of the time. I will really pile it on every other Saturday and then put on a sheet mask OVER it, and that has made a big deal as well. Less irritation and peeling for some reason.

You're welcome! It's so great, isn't it? I know it's OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, but that pump bottle will last a LONG time. It's gentle, non-irritating, does not suck the moisture out of your face despite foaming beautifully, doesn't leave a "film" like some I've tried, and there's just something different about it that I wish I had a better understanding of. Above all: I do not ever react to it and I sometimes do react to other products by them. I buy two at a time because they don't make the batches more than I think 2 times a year, and they've "run out" before, and had to do waiting lists. So I have made sure I always have a backup now. It's my favorite.

I love it. I have been using it on days where I wear a lot of makeup. It cleanses so well and I don't have to super scrub my face so its a lot gentler on my skin!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Also I don't know if you wear concealer. But I tried out their concealer on a whim and its incredible!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I did not order a sample of the Snowbang, and didn't think to order one when I ordered a full size bottle of the Perseid Oil. I still have the May Coop raw sauce, so I'm not in need of an essence at the moment. I'm also trying to minimize the amount of new products I'm testing out so I can better isolate any trigger products.

Hi Missy, I haven't done much research into skin triggers until now (have my plate full researching other body related issues, ugh), but it's good to know of the niacinamide, tea tree oils, etc. It burned so badly on contact!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickette,
How is the Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock SPF50/PA+++ ? I'm not satisfied with my current sunscreen but it is difficult to find a physical sunscreen that is alcohol free.

Yimmers,
How is the May Coop Raw Sauce? I cannot put on anything with tea tree as well because it is too strong for my skin.

Update:
Just did an ingredient check and the second ingredient for the MCRS is alcohol which my face hates. Oh well...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I really like it. Its not greasy and my makeup goes on really nicely over it. I also like the way it makes my skin feel.

Here are a list of the ingredients
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dipropylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isoamyl P-Methoxycinnamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Sunflower Oil, Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate, Tangerine Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Mica, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Glyceryl Caprylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Cellulose Gum, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
If I wear minimal makeup I use it, and it makes everything look really nice, and it does a great job at protecting me from the sun. I use it on my neck and chest as well.

I use the Tatcha when I do a more full face of makeup, as it also acts as my primer.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1461084731|4021198 said:
Missy,

Hi Chrono, yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon when I got home I washed my face and moisturized with my regular Ultra Toleriane moisturizer from La Roche Posay and waited an hour. Then I took the smallest drop of Tretinoin and my Avene Cicalfate moisturizer (decided to go with the heavier moisturizer first to dampen the Tretinoin effect if that would even work IDK but I did it with that reasoning) and mixed it up and then I spot applied but then I had so much left over I just went ahead and applied to my whole face. LOL. I can really be so impulsive. It's not a good way to be. :oops:

However I figured because I used such a tiny proportion of Tretinoin to the moisturizer that I would probably be OK. I avoided my perioral area however as I just am not ready to risk that. The redness/pinkness from the POD never fully went away and that area is very very sensitive so not putting any Tretinoin there for a while if ever. If this works out I may be tempted to try it at a future date but for now the perioral area is going to remain untouched by this medication.

So far so good no effects. I used probably 1 part Tretinoin to 6 parts moisturizer so not according to my dermatologist's instructions. However I will gradually decrease that proportion to get to the 3 to 1 he wants me to be at and the qod he wanted me to apply. Right now I am leaning towards applying again Friday late afternoon or evening depending on my schedule since I have not had any ill effects. If anything happens I will wait a full week and apply instead. Or not at all if there are any bad effects.

Sorry for the long explanation.

Chrono did you ever check out CotZ face? I use it without sensitivity. They have a natural one (I use) for lighter skin tones and one with a light tint for those who are not pale. Maybe it would help you too?

http://www.cotzskincare.com/product/cotz-face-for-lighter-fair-skin-tones-spf-40-contains-zinc-titanium/

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1461189046|4021838 said:
Chrono|1461084731|4021198 said:
Missy,

Hi Chrono, yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon when I got home I washed my face and moisturized with my regular Ultra Toleriane moisturizer from La Roche Posay and waited an hour. Then I took the smallest drop of Tretinoin and my Avene Cicalfate moisturizer (decided to go with the heavier moisturizer first to dampen the Tretinoin effect if that would even work IDK but I did it with that reasoning) and mixed it up and then I spot applied but then I had so much left over I just went ahead and applied to my whole face. LOL. I can really be so impulsive. It's not a good way to be. :oops:

However I figured because I used such a tiny proportion of Tretinoin to the moisturizer that I would probably be OK. I avoided my perioral area however as I just am not ready to risk that. The redness/pinkness from the POD never fully went away and that area is very very sensitive so not putting any Tretinoin there for a while if ever. If this works out I may be tempted to try it at a future date but for now the perioral area is going to remain untouched by this medication.

So far so good no effects. I used probably 1 part Tretinoin to 6 parts moisturizer so not according to my dermatologist's instructions. However I will gradually decrease that proportion to get to the 3 to 1 he wants me to be at and the qod he wanted me to apply. Right now I am leaning towards applying again Friday late afternoon or evening depending on my schedule since I have not had any ill effects. If anything happens I will wait a full week and apply instead. Or not at all if there are any bad effects.

Sorry for the long explanation.

Chrono did you ever check out CotZ face? I use it without sensitivity. They have a natural one (I use) for lighter skin tones and one with a light tint for those who are not pale. Maybe it would help you too?

http://www.cotzskincare.com/product/cotz-face-for-lighter-fair-skin-tones-spf-40-contains-zinc-titanium/

I have used CotZ face before too. The one with the tint I got, it didn't match me so I don't use it. But I liked it when I did

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1461095137|4021332 said:
ame|1461095032|4021330 said:

I love it. I have been using it on days where I wear a lot of makeup. It cleanses so well and I don't have to super scrub my face so its a lot gentler on my skin!
I double cleanse (cleansing oil for makeup then use this afterwards) and since I shower at night, I usually do the cleansing oil as I am getting in the shower, then use this at the end of my shower after I've washed and conditioned my hair, so that it gets all the conditioner and leave in conditioner (I spray that on after I rinse my conditioner, so I can wash it off my face and body), and then I am done with all the cleaning. I am so glad you love it!!!

ckrickett|1461095207|4021333 said:
Also I don't know if you wear concealer. But I tried out their concealer on a whim and its incredible!
I am not a fan of non-liquid concealers, I believe they have a creamy, compact-swipy style one. But I also need heavy-duty, hard-core concealer. Their's is not going to handle what I am covering and build up to the level I need.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1461095207|4021333 said:
I am not a fan of non-liquid concealers, I believe they have a creamy, compact-swipy style one. But I also need heavy-duty, hard-core concealer. Their's is not going to handle what I am covering and build up to the level I need.[/quote]

I thought the same thing but the coverage is pretty amazing. I use a lot and I was surprised, decent coverage and absolutely no creasing or cakiness

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely loving:

Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum, Fragrance Free - good ingredients, decent price, such a silky luxurious feel
Cicalfate Moisturizer - works so well for my skin - when I wake up my skin looks bright (I'm sure it's the zinc oxide in it!) and almost like thick. I use it usually once or twice a week (the night following applying Retin-a for sure because I find it so gentle and soothing).
Double cleansing method with Jojoba Oil followed by the Toleriane Cleanser - I was doing the double cleansing method for a while and then stopped for some reason. Will never stop again. I don't think I ever realized how necessary it is to use oil to remove sunscreen, etc. from the day. I can tell now that I have no remnants of sunscreen on my face or neck (I used to especially feel like a pilling on my neck and now it is smooth). I've tried all the oils - grapeseed, aloe vera, avocado, etc. - and while I mix drops of all many times with my moisturizers the one that I find most moisturizing for my skin is Jojoba. My skin feels clean yet so soft afterwards.

missy - you did it! I think it's great that you mixed it for the Cicalfate and you went extra careful. Keep us posted!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I was shopping at my local Target the other day and I noticed that they now carry La Roche-Posay. I picked up a small bottle of Anthelios 50 mineral Ultra Light Tinted Sunscreen Fluid. I've used this brand before, but not this particular sunscreen. It's fabulous. The tint is just the right amount of color and the sunscreen is super-light - so much so that it doesn't "feel" like sunscreen. It goes on sort of greasy, but sinks in nicely and I've been wearing it daily with no other face make-up (just eye make-up and the tinted sunscreen and I'm good to go for the day).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett,
The ingredient list for the Innisfree sunscreen looks clean. What is your skin type? I don't wear makeup anyway, so looks like it is worth ordering to trial.

Missy,
I've never heard of cotzskincare so thank you for the recommendation. It's been nearly 2 days now - any skin improvement yet?

My skin is still improving - the PIH on my left cheek is almost completely gone but there's still quite a bit on my right cheek because it was really bad on that side. My chin is a mine field right now from the recent allergic reaction but at least it is now calm and healing. It will be the last area of my face to recover. Although my face is no longer tight and it is very plump and soft in the morning, it still dries out by noon due to the air condition at work. I brought my toner and moisturizer to work this morning to see whether I can put some hydration back into my skin to stop it from itching (from dryness).

I am spot testing the Mizon black snail all-in-one again because it looks like it wasn't the cause of my allergic reaction after all. It was the Missha FTEI, which took nearly 3 weeks of continuous use before it decided to act up.

CJ,
Double cleansing is amazing, isn't it? It is pulling out junk from my nose which I never knew was there in the first place.

MomHappy,
My local CVS carries La Roche Posay products as well and I have been eyeing their sunscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results