shape
carat
color
clarity

Bay Area Get Together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wallermama. LOL you crack me up. We should enter a messy mommy-wagon competition. My Forester has piles of kid art, old raisins, sweatshirts, granola bar wrappers, snotty wadded up kleenex, old Mapquest printouts, crumbs galore stuck in the cracks of my 2 carseats, and TONS of dog hair everywhere. I also have very old bird poop on my roof due to the dearth of indoor parking in SF and having to park under trees every day.
20.gif

But I really am a clean person though. I swear. Good thing this GTG is about sharing our bling and not our rides.
9.gif

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Have fun ladies! I wish I could join all of you on Friday, but I don''t think I can because I don''t think any of you live in San Ramon. We moved back to the Bay area for about a year now, and I have been trying to keep up with all the new rings and upgrades posted. It seems like a lot of new people have joined and with that a lot of new bling have been posted. How exciting! I apologize for my lack of posts for quite awhile. With the relocation, house hunting, moving into a house, and becoming pregnant, my husband and I have been really busy. Congrats to everybody on the new bling. They are all beautiful. Have fun this friday! I don''t think any of the people doing lunch this Friday are from my area so I don''t think I can hitch a ride, but maybe I''ll be able to join you gals next time during the weekend (we only have one car and my husband takes it to work during the week). Regardless, have fun ladies!
25.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaded, sorry we will miss you this time around!! we have friends who live in san ramon, how do you like it? it seems a very family oriented community.

hehe it struck me last nite that i don't really know everyone's real names..it will be kinda funny to be like 'are you KristyDarling'...haahha. anyway...i'm Mara!
5.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Mara, true. Okay, how about a little pre-introduction everyone? I''m Evelyn.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m Ellen!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to a horrible hacker who wreaked havoc with our lives (and may still be doing so, not really sure) I try not to divulge too many specifics online. So my real name will remain a secret except for those coming on Friday.
1.gif
Evelyn, nice to "meet" you!

Jaded, so sorry you can''t make it. Maybe one of these days we''ll have a San Francisco get-together since it''s central to the different parts of metro Bay Area.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Mara for posting the addy, and thank you Kristydarling for posting the list. My name is actually Cym-Brie so no surprises there. Hello to Evelyn and Ellen can''t wait to meet y''all. Sorry to hear you can''t make it Jaded
7.gif
. I''ve got some family in your area but we live in the southbay so unfortunately I can''t help you out with a ride. We should definitely do this again in SF on a Saturday so everyone around the bay can attend. I promised Kaleigh to put together a contact list too so we can have a local contact list if you want to participate
9.gif
. It''s been harder to keep in touch since PMs went away.

BTW does anyone know how to contact Dazzling? I''m pretty sure she''s a bay area girl and I know she''s got an awesome asscher!!! Also wondering if Indecisive will be in town I know she''s got bay area ties also another asscher girl. For that matter isn''t Tierhog in the area? I think we should MAKE him bring his FI along so we can ALL see the 2ct Royal Asscher, the King I believe he called it!
31.gif

Yea cant wait to meet you all!
36.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies. I haven''t been around PS for very long but I am in the Bay Area and considering meeting up with you gals. I didn''t realize so many of you regular posters where from the San Francisco area.

I recently purchased a 1.29 asscher and am waiting for Leon Mege to come back from vacation to discuss a setting. So I don''t have any bling to show but I would love to see everyone else''s. The pictures everybody posts are great but the in-person veiwing will be fanastic!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
girls only
34.gif
no guys going to this GTG ?
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe we get enough of our men at home!
31.gif
11.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, DF, you do have the power to change that ya know.
21.gif

Swingirl -- we hope you can make it. Keep us posted!
4.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am a girl!! But not a young one. Married for 24 years...long overdue on my upgrade!!! If only I had found PS years ago...I might be up to a Mara stone by now!

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Hey would anybody be up for a get together some weekend in San Jose? My husband has family down there, and we visit practically every weekend. I knew the engineer who did most of the telecommunications facilities for Santana Row. It''s amazing that when we left the Bay Area that they were building that section across from Valley Fair. Finally after returning to the Bay area, it was nice going down there on the weekend for whatever festivities they would have down there which would include a farmer''s market. Valley Fair has expanded as well...so I guess my proposal for the next get together hopefully on a weekend, we could meet for lunch (eg. Maggiano''s) , diamond store stroll (Tiffany''s, BB&B, Hearts on Fire stores), or we could gather somewhere in Santana Row and just talk and drool over everybody''s diamonds. I guess that''s my suggestion for the next Bay area get together. I think some of you ladies live over in San Jose or the Santa Clara county, right?
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
JG...yeah i''d definitely be game for meeting up with south bay gals in santana row some weekend...love that place!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Not to mention a San Francisco Union Square get together....or Union Street...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WM, I''m totally all over that idea. One of these days we shall do it! Soooo many great jewel shops in the city. I know there are quite a few PS city girls.
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 3:03:51 PM
Author: wallermama
Not to mention a San Francisco Union Square get together....or Union Street...
That would be fun! A weekend after my wedding would be good.
1.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Because I have no pride, I shall post this photograph, the only I could find, which was taken by my five year old this weekend
1.gif
I *hope* that I won''t look like this when you meet me, but now you''ll be prepared for that possibility.

When you have grown used to the idea of there being three small people in the bathroom with you at all times, with the running commentary of things like, "Your bottom is SO BIG!" and "Mommy, where did you just put that tampon?" showing people embarrassing photos with no make-up and a fish face is NOTHING.

DSC_0161.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Wallermama, as usual you are CRACKING ME UP! Your fishface photo is so cute, but it''s your description of being in the bathroom with little ones that totally resonated with me....I am giggling big-time!!! (just the other day my son told my girlfriend and her husband that "Mommy has nipples when she takes a shower. I saw.")

snlee

Ideal_Rock
You two are cracking me up. I''m sitting here at work trying to not LOL!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 4:12:21 PM
Author: KristyDarling
OMG Wallermama, as usual you are CRACKING ME UP! Your fishface photo is so cute, but it''s your description of being in the bathroom with little ones that totally resonated with me....I am giggling big-time!!! (just the other day my son told my girlfriend and her husband that ''Mommy has nipples when she takes a shower. I saw.'')

I love it, KD! You come from the planet where women only have nipples in the shower! And then they disappear!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, you guys are too funny. And yes, I''m definitely up for a SF get-together. If we do it on Union St., isn''t there a store called Diane''s Estate Jewelry or something?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 5:31:00 PM
Author: Cinderella
OMG, you guys are too funny. And yes, I''m definitely up for a SF get-together. If we do it on Union St., isn''t there a store called Diane''s Estate Jewelry or something?
Yes! I LOOOOVE that store! I have a set of 3 diamond stack rings in WG from there. They always have fabulous vintage finds there. There''s also David Clay, Union Street Goldsmith, Stuart Moore (for contemp design lovers), Simayof (I kinda get the creeps when I go in there, though), and maybe a few others.

Union Square would give us: Bulgari, Tiffany, Fellici, Shreve, Nieman Marcus, Saks, Cartier, and I believe 760 Market St houses lots and lots of independent sellers, though I''ve never been inside. We could do some serious window-shopping damage!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow KD, you sure know a lot about what jewelry stores are around! I''ve passed by many of these stores but never gone into any of these places (other than Tiffany''s). I don''t know about all of this window-shopping...it could be very dangerous!!! The last thing I need is more diamond shrinkage and setting envy!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies are cracking me up!

I''ll have to wait until a weekend Bay Area GTG, unfortunately.
7.gif
I''m not able to take that much time off this Friday, as it takes me an hour commute each way. But I''m sure everyone will have loads of fun! Take lots of pictures!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 11:35:29 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Well, DF, you do have the power to change that ya know.
21.gif
yeah, but i would have to lie to my wife
31.gif
i don''t think she would approve of me getting together with a bunch of beautiful women.
30.gif
31.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
So, what are people bringing for us to see? Just the rings you wear everyday, your favorite few pieces, or are you bringing a small wheelbarrow of bling?

My new (half price refurbished yay!) SI ultrasonic arrived yesterday....Holy Sparkle, Batman! I watched it going and thought, "Oh come on. This is a hoax! It couldn''t possibly be doing anything!" And then I took my rings out and was like
30.gif
! What good timing, I''ll be nice and sparkly for y''all, even though I''m a sparkle-challenged asscher owner, of course
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a refurbished SI too, it is my BEST FRIEND!
9.gif

Yes, everyone -- be sure to clean, clean, clean your sparklies for the GTG. Special occasion, y''know.
3.gif
In my usual anal way, I plan to use my SI and my JJ.

Wallermama...that''s a good question. I think everyone should just bring whatever they feel like sharing. I, for one, would love to see Roppongi''s amazing pieces...she has several -- gigantic earring studs, custom mother''s ring that sounds like a one-of-a-kind honker, her HK necklace, and of course her monster 3-stone. And I''m sure she has other sweet pieces so she should just bring them all! I want to see Mara''s famous wedding set and toe rings. Wallermama, obviously we want to see your asscher wedding set and heirloom bling.

I''ll bring my Leon, my original e-ring set, a couple of diamond melee necklaces, and maybe my Bez Ambar 7-stone band. That pretty much makes up all of my "real" jewelry anyway.
9.gif

Of course, CAMERAS! Mara, you''re the undisputed photo queen so bringing yours is a must.
36.gif

I''m excited!

widget

Ideal_Rock
You guys are going to have SO much fun!

I've been lurking this thread from the beginning, thinking: "Should I venture off my North Bay mountaintop and join the fun?" (I must confess to some trepidation at the thought of being the only 'ol lady' among a bevy of sweet young things....)

Turns out my "maybe" out-of-town guest this weekend has become a "definite" one so I can't make it this time even if I did get brave. Maybe next time?

I'll be thinking of you all this Friday!
35.gif

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results