shape
carat
color
clarity

Bay Area Get Together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 12:47:00 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
a Q for all the chinese women coming to this GTG,any of you speak cantonese?
20.gif
Sorry no, I''m not Chinese.
1.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I speak Cantonese!! And with no accent too! My mom''s friends are always surprised when they hear me speak, they don''t expect an American born to speak as well as I do.

Mara, 10 crazy diamond obsessed women at one table sounds like tons of fun! My friends have no patience when I start talking diamonds, they look at me funny and just shake their heads. So they don''t know about Pricescope. If they did, I''d never hear the end of it. Those who are not into diamonds the way we are definitely will think we''re a strange bunch! Oh well, to each her own!
5.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, Cinderella (Evelyn!) -- I can''t tell you how excited I am about meeting like-minded people in person AND seeing their bling. Such a treat! We''re going to look like such freaks at Max''s getting all crazy and sweaty over each other''s jewelry.
9.gif
(as long as no one whips out a loupe we shouldn''t be TOO conspicuous!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not conspicuous?? kristy, darling, are you forgetting the CAMERA i''m bringing? THAT''S not obvious!!

hehehe

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, good point. People will be like, "Okaaaaay, they''re taking dozens of pictures of each other HANDS."

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
OK. I''ll join you ladies for lunch. I may be a little late, but I''m sure I can find you all. I''ll just look for the bling!

AN

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 1:26:49 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Haha, good point. People will be like, ''Okaaaaay, they''re taking dozens of pictures of each other HANDS.''

LOL, remember, we can always offer to take pics of their hands too!
9.gif

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Kristydarling-

I am going to drive you nuts! Hee hee...okay it''s definitely tomorrow (July 14) at 11:30 a.m. inside Max''s Opera Cafe. I want a final confirmation because I just found out that my cousin flaked out on me last minute. I have to completely change all of my travel plans, sigh.

Anyway, I can''t wait until I meet all of you!! Very excited! :)

pb :)

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Kristydarling and Mara-

When I arrive, you promise NOT to give me any ideas of upgrading my teeny tiny diamond, okay? Hee hee, ...

pb

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we''ll be there pearberry!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 12:44:04 PM
Author: Pearberry
Kristydarling and Mara-

When I arrive, you promise NOT to give me any ideas of upgrading my teeny tiny diamond, okay? Hee hee, ...

pb
Haha pb, that''s what I''m afraid of too!! Catching a major case of DSS after seeing all those 2 - 3.5 carat diamonds!
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think we will all have a big case of DSS after viewing KD''s 3.5c and roppongi''s monster 3 stone ring!
6.gif

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Hey mara,

You are a bad, bad influence too! With your 5th or 6th upgrade in the works? :)

pearberry :)

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone with DSS, I''ll provide the Wallermama Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome Cure...

Just attach a loupe to your ring finger with a rubber band and POOF! You''ve got an 8ct beauty for all to see!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well....now my heart is REALLY broken!!! Art Nouveau is going!!! I'd have LOVED to have seen her Art Deco stuff and her 3ct FY Beaudry ring!!
3.gif

(AN: maybe you and I should organize another Bay area meeting for PSers "of a certain age"
2.gif
) Nah....what everyone said is probably true...this disease knows no age boundries...)

Waaaaah! I wanna go!
39.gif

widget

mia15

Shiny_Rock
So sad...I won''t be able to make it after all.

The only thing that''s cheering me up are the pics to come hopefully, and that there may be another Bay area or SF meeting with Widget attending!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i officially told my boss I have an "appointment" tomorrow morning. I figured PS appointment is as important as any.
I can''t wait to see all that bling. And not only will I get to see it, I will get to really stare at it and nobody would be offended (hopefully)! With my friends I can only look from afar and I''m usually worried they''d be offended if I ask how big.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Carebear, I know just what you mean about the staring! I always try to sneak peeks at my friends'' rings, but I stopped asking them to look a while ago. They kept giving me funny looks. I am so excited to meet a group of people who are just as strange as I am when it comes to glittery pieces of carbon!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeraldlover, sorry you can''t make it after all. We''ll probably have another GTG in the future though so there''s always next time!

CareBear....YAY! Look forward to meeting you.

Looks like I may have to bring my little boy with me tomorrow....I hope no one minds a slightly whiny 3-year-old in our company. His preschool class is having a field trip and with me being down in PA during mid-afternoon, I''d miss his pick-up time, so I''ll be bringing him along.
1.gif
I''ll do my best to keep him occupied while we''re busy staring down each other''s ring hands. Since HE will have the smallest fingers (probably just barely smaller than luckyhonu''s!), maybe we''ll make him be a hand model.
9.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Widget,

I''m really sorry you can''t make it to the PA gathering. I would love to see your 1920''s Asscher, star ruby, antique emrald ring, pad ring etc. Perhaps you can organize the next one on a weekend in SF and you can show us your favorite anitque jewelry store on Uniion Street. Another idea for those of us interested in antique jewelry ..... we can meet at the Hillsborough Antique Show in San Mateo Fairgrounds. The show is there 3 times a year, February, May and November. Then, there''s always the San Mateo Gem Shows.

I''m looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

AN

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I want to know who is going to bring their ultrasonic cleaner? We could set it up at the end of the table and pray for an outlet. I''m not kidding.

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
hi ladies...i REALLY want to come. diliemma. i just started a new job, and i don''t want to be gone too long, and i''m afraid it''ll be hard for me to leave!

i really can''t be gone for more than 1.5 hours. that means i only have time to stay for 40 min...my office is on castro st. in mt. view and it''ll take me at least 15-20 min to get there and back, and parking will be tough when i get back to the office cause it''s lunch time. (what do u think, just go up el camino?) if you all promise to help me be good and go back to work, and not think of me as rude or weird for coming for such a short period of time, then i would love to meet you all.

so, hopefully i will see you all tomorrow if time permits. if not, then yes, let''s please do another GTG but maybe on the weekend. i''m up for the s.row/v.fair GTG that was mentioned earlier. if i don''t see you, have a blast and post the pics asap
1.gif

-Kelly

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 9:04:36 PM
Author: Art Nouveau
m really sorry you can''t make it to the PA gathering. I would love to see your 1920''s Asscher, star ruby, antique emrald ring, pad ring etc. Perhaps you can organize the next one on a weekend in SF and you can show us your favorite anitque jewelry store on Uniion Street. Another idea for those of us interested in antique jewelry ..... we can meet at the Hillsborough Antique Show in San Mateo Fairgrounds. The show is there 3 times a year, February, May and November. Then, there''s always the San Mateo Gem Shows.
If I could venture a guess, Widget''s fave antique jewelry shop on Union is...Dianne''s?
2.gif
I love that place, too!

AN -- I personally would totally be up for a trip to both the antique and gem shows in San Mateo. Sounds like my idea of fun too!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 10:44:11 PM
Author: roppongi
I want to know who is going to bring their ultrasonic cleaner? We could set it up at the end of the table and pray for an outlet. I''m not kidding.
OK now that''s the epitome of diamond obsession!
36.gif
Cleaning our jewelry together at a restaurant?!? Someone might hear the SI clicking and think it''s a bomb scare or something! Yikes!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orangevixen. We''ll be good. We promise.
11.gif
But if it''ll be too tempting for you to stay more than 40 minutes, you could wait until the next GTG just to be safe. We don''t want PS to be the reason for someone getting canned at work! (knock on wood)
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
orangevixen you have to come! i think you will be okay if you get there at 11:30 since that is kind of before the lunch madness, if you are on castro street i would say to take central expy/alma ... go up castro away from el camino, make a left on central right after the train tracks. central is way faster than EC since it has hardly any lights...and it pops you back out (it ends) right at el camino at stanford shopping center! central ends and you are required to make a right turn (stanford is on your left), so you might have to go up EC and make a uturn to come back (the other way is going under an overpass in downtown PA which is kind of confusing so i'd just go til central ends then make a uturn) ... and then just make a right down sandhill and left at the first light then right at the mall area then park. i would say it's about 10 min if you take central. then going back will be about the same...maybe 15 min if there's extra lunch traffic. parking back on castro...not sure, do you guys have a garage?? that's a little tricky but you could always just park somewhere for an hour then go move your car..hehee. anyway, i would still come for 40 minutes even!! have some dessert if nothing else, max's dessert is FAB.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 11:13:38 PM
Author: KristyDarling

AN -- I personally would totally be up for a trip to both the antique and gem shows in San Mateo. Sounds like my idea of fun too!
I think that''s a GREAT idea! Maybe we should shoot for the november one!

LOL, I''m laughing about the US thing. I''d already figured out that if I were going, I''d clean my asscher at home, but not put it on my finger until I was practically at the door of the restaurant!

Are we crazy, or what??
19.gif

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG widget!!!

emembarrassed.gif
i was going to clean my ring like 4 times in the US tomorrow morning (and my toe rings, ick!) and then put my ring in it''s jewelry box and drive up to stanford then put it on before i come in. i want you guys to see it all looking in TIP TOP SHAPE! hehee.

that IS pretty scary. we are sick.
9.gif
what''s even sicker is that i thought about going into the office tomorrow morning for a few hours before leaving to come to PA but then was i thought ''no way i can''t wear my rings in the office for 3 hours then go meet the girls! they will be all gross by then and i can''t bring the US to work!''
40.gif

truly frightening.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Widget. I''ve already planned out my cleaning schedule for tomorrow morning: At 9am, my e-rings will take a bath together in the ultrasonic, followed by my bands, followed by my necklaces. They''ll be ready for the steam bath in the sauna (JJ) at around 9:20am. Then they''ll go straight into my little satin jewel pouch until 11:30am when I whip out the Leon RIGHT before I enter the restaurant. So if there''s even a speck of lint on anything at that point I will RAGE!!
3.gif

I''m excited! (but nervous too...I''m a little shy!)

PS -- not bringing my son after all. DH has kindly agreed to leave work early to pick him up from school.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I am CRACKING UP!!!! Mara and Widget, we are too alike. Just wait and see....we''ll all show up with super-sparkly and dazzling jewels but will be all grunged out with hair a-mess ''cause we''ve been too busy primping our bling instead!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results