shape
carat
color
clarity

Bay Area Get Together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 11:26:00 PM
Author: Mara
OMG widget!!!

emembarrassed.gif
i was going to clean my ring like 4 times in the US tomorrow morning (and my toe rings, ick!) and then put my ring in it''s jewelry box and drive up to stanford then put it on before i come in. i want you guys to see it all looking in TIP TOP SHAPE! hehee.

that IS pretty scary. we are sick.
9.gif
what''s even sicker is that i thought about going into the office tomorrow morning for a few hours before leaving to come to PA but then was i thought ''no way i can''t wear my rings in the office for 3 hours then go meet the girls! they will be all gross by then and i can''t bring the US to work!''
40.gif

truly frightening.

We are sick!
40.gif
I thought about the same thing! My original plan was to go to work and leave after a couple hours saying I wasn''t feeling well. I''ve decided to just call in sick so I can sleep in a bit. But the main reason is so that I can run my jewelry through the US cleaner a couple times before I leave the house!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have an ultrasonic cleaner so I am just going to scrub my pieces with Dawn and Cascade....it seems to do the job.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If ANYONE around here should have an ultrasonic, it is you!!!!

Woman, how have you survived this long without one?
6.gif

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I am kind of embarassed to admit that I don''t have one but my old toothbrush seems to do the trick. Which one do you think I should get?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of people around here including myself really like the Sharper Image Ultrasonic. Small and very effective. Many of us got it refurbished off eBay for only like 40 bucks. Mine is refurbished and it works like a charm. Brand new is upwards of $100, I think.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
A whole bunch of us PS crazies have the Sharper Image US cleaner. You can check out this thread if you haven''t already seen it. I really like mine!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ok, ok...I lied...MAYBE I can make it tomorrow. (I got screwed up and mixed up my Thursdays...my houseguest is coming next thursday...

I definitely have some last minute shuffling to do first thing tomorrow before I know for sure.

Kristy, you may be shy, but I''m positively phobic about being seen IRL....but this really does sound like too much fun to miss.

If I make it, you should recognize me: Older frumpy woman who looks like a bag lady. A bejeweled one, but a bag lady nonetheless.

I''m going to go get out the US right now.... just in case..
1.gif

widget

PS: Mara...do you know how I can download your directions? If I hit the "forward" button on you post, do I email myself just that post, or do I get the whole mile long thread?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I hope you ladies have lots of fun tomorrow and post those pics ASAP tomorrow evening!!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget, i''d just highlight my directions (click and drag your mouse over them) and then copy (control c) and paste (control v) into an email or notepad, or something for yourself.

do you need better directions? you aren''t coming from MV are you?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FRIDAY JULY 14, 11:30am inside Max's Opera Cafe at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. If you show up to lunch late, just ask the hostess for the "Pricescope party."

Attending:
Roppongi
Mara
KristyDarling
Pearberry
Cinderella
Luckyhonu
Wallermama
SNLee
Cymbrie
Art Nouveau
CareBear
Orangevixen
Widget
Swingirl

YIPPEEEEE!!! Widget's coming!!!!!
36.gif

Any changes or additions to this list? Just pipe up!
1.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, you''re coming from Marin, right? The address of Max''s is 711 Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto.

Do you know how to get to 280 South? So you''d need to cross the GG bridge, pass through the city, get onto 280 South and stay on that for like 25 miles or so, then take the Sand Hill Rd exit towards Menlo Park (head east). You''ll be on Sand Hill Rd for about 3 miles and then you''ll see the Stanford Shopping Center on your right. Max''s is one of the restaurants on the outer edge of the mall, near Long Life Noodle.

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Wow dude, I thought I was nutters about cleaning my ring. My asscher takes a bath every night when I do. Asscher bathes in the ultrasonic, me in the shower. Mark had to pull in my crossprongs in so close to fit my wring flush that I can't even get a q-tip in there. I noticed after a week grime started building up but was afraid to use the electric toothbrush like I have on my grandma's pendant (she taught me that trick) for years, lest I scratch the liqueous metal finish Mark is so famous for. He recommended the Otto Frei brand US's they're conveniently located in Oakland, but I ordered mine over the phone it was shipped to my office the next day and ONLY $35 including shipping!!! He also laughed when he gave me his blessing to clean it daily
37.gif
so there's no build up of course. It's got a built in 3 minute timer I really like it! Kaleigh recommended her Crest US.

The one I bought the "Sparkle Spa" isn't listed here because it's a new product, but the service rep said it is the upgraded version of the mini ottosonic, not to mention $30 cheaper!

Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow, shall I bring my wring too so you guys can see the set? Maybe I'll leave them in their box all morning like the rest of you...good idea by the way. At least I know I'm not the only one with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) LOL
36.gif

ETA: Widget is coming?! YAY!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy''s directions are spot on! yay hope to see you there widget!!! and your YUMMY ASSCHER!
31.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
Oh Widget''s asscher is TO DIE FOR what a treat!!!
23.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, I''m dying to see Art Nouveau and Widget''s FAB collections!

widget

Ideal_Rock
KD....thanks for the great directions! Is "Long Life Noodle" a big obvious landmark? From the parking lot?

Is there some major store...(Macys, NM, Saks, etc) that I should look for to tell me I''m in the right ''neighborhood''?

Thanks
w

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you will pass Nordstrom on your right when you are coming down Sand Hill. Pass it and continue on through the light there. Then go to the next light, make a right and then right again and then park. Long Life is right there against the parking lot. Max''s is right near there too and it''s kind of a ''corner'' as much as you can have a ''corner'' inside a mall...so I think you''ll see it!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mara..
1.gif

g/night everyone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay widget is going too. I so wish I could make it. Cymbrie did try to get me to come. Too far of a trip for moi. You guys will have such a great time. I have only made one GTG in Baltimore, it was a hoot. All of us passing our rings around the table. The surrounding tables must have thought we were nuts but hey, we are PS''ers tried and true. PICS ladies and lots of them. Cheers, Lisa ( I wish I could be there with ya )
1.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Would it be silly to bring nametags and a sharpie so we can figure out who is who around such a large table?

I think I have nametags if anyone thinks it would be fun/helpful to at least have our usernames or names or something to help sort each other out...

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Duh! I''m so stupid! This is Pricescope! We''ll recognize each other''s jewelry
2.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I am very excited that Widget has decided to join us. Below are links to directions to Stanford Shopping Center and Max''s Opera Cafe at E11, (650) 323-6297

http://www.stanfordshop.com/directions.aspx

http://www.stanfordshop.com/directions.aspx

There are many lights on SandHill Rd. After you see Nordstrom on your right, keep going and go pass the light at Arborituem before turning in on the right. You will see Neiman Marcus. If you hit El Camino, you have gone too far.

In the second link, click on the map of the shopping center to expand it. Max is at the end of an European looking street with murals on the walls. It is across from a fruit and vegetable market. There are tables with umbrellas outside.

See you tomorrow.

AN

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2006 1:38:25 AM
Author: wallermama
Duh! I''m so stupid! This is Pricescope! We''ll recognize each other''s jewelry
2.gif
Exactly my thought re: the jewelry!!!!! Part of the fun!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 11:23:19 PM
Author: Mara
orangevixen you have to come! i think you will be okay if you get there at 11:30 since that is kind of before the lunch madness, if you are on castro street i would say to take central expy/alma ... go up castro away from el camino, make a left on central right after the train tracks. central is way faster than EC since it has hardly any lights...and it pops you back out (it ends) right at el camino at stanford shopping center! central ends and you are required to make a right turn (stanford is on your left), so you might have to go up EC and make a uturn to come back (the other way is going under an overpass in downtown PA which is kind of confusing so i''d just go til central ends then make a uturn) ... and then just make a right down sandhill and left at the first light then right at the mall area then park. i would say it''s about 10 min if you take central. then going back will be about the same...maybe 15 min if there''s extra lunch traffic. parking back on castro...not sure, do you guys have a garage?? that''s a little tricky but you could always just park somewhere for an hour then go move your car..hehee. anyway, i would still come for 40 minutes even!! have some dessert if nothing else, max''s dessert is FAB.
Kristy and Mara...ok, now that i have detailed directions...you don''t have to twist my arm. Thanks so much Mara for the directions!!! I''m new to Mt. View...worked in Santa Clara for years and live in Campbell. I''m going to just say in the morning when I get there that I have an appointment at 11:30. This job is a week new, but it is Friday and my boss is out of town. So, unless they hand me something urgent before I leave, I will see you all tomorrow for dessert and diamonds, my two favorite things
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2006 12:07:36 AM
Author: KristyDarling
FRIDAY JULY 14, 11:30am inside Max''s Opera Cafe at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. If you show up to lunch late, just ask the hostess for the ''Pricescope party.''

Attending:
Roppongi
Mara
KristyDarling
Pearberry
Cinderella
Luckyhonu
Wallermama
SNLee
Cymbrie
Art Nouveau
CareBear
Orangevixen
Widget

Maybe:
Swingirl

YIPPEEEEE!!! Widget''s coming!!!!!
36.gif

Any changes or additions to this list? Just pipe up!
1.gif
23.gif
this is a record crowd for a PS GTG and no guys going ?.
20.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2006 10:44:11 PM
Author: roppongi
I want to know who is going to bring their ultrasonic cleaner? We could set it up at the end of the table and pray for an outlet. I'm not kidding.
i would be more worry about who is bringing the fire extinguisher.
10.gif
10.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone think we should give Max''s some warning? Most places like heads'' up if a large party is coming in, even if they don''t take reservations...anything over 6 people is usually OK for reservations.

Or maybe someone already did....or they said it didn''t matter. Just a thought!

Anyone else hearing a "click click click" right now? Ultrasonic parkle, sparkle!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i thought about this waller too, i will try to call them on my drive down because i don''t think they are open this early. but yes sometimes even places that don''t take ressies want a heads up for parties larger than 6 or 8. which we definitely are!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for making the call, Mara!

Just a couple hours to go. Are everyone''s baubles having their baths now?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Kristy, I already US''d my rings 3 times. Toe rings are next. Ew!

Oh and I have had a busy week so I just gave myself the home manicure. Haha. The toes...not quite so lucky!!
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results