shape
carat
color
clarity

Band or No Band? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful! Looks like a lovely OEC...perfect!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love saturn designs too. your ring is soooo pretty and the stone looks perfect in that setting, very antique feeling..

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
what a pretty and unique ring! Congrats!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement! The Nutcracker will always be special for you!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
What a unique ring! It''s beautiful!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeously ornate and intricate setting for that special stone!!! Congrats on your engagement!!
36.gif

findarock

Shiny_Rock
that is a great ring, I am looking to get a ring for my GF and I wanted to comment on the proposal Idea is great but I also wanted to know if your BF knew that you wanted your grandmothers center stone? Curious since I was thinking of doing something similiar with the future mrs

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I have never seen a setting like that! Gorgeous! Beautiful and intresting. Congrats on your engagement.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for checking out the pics :) thanks for your nice comments
1.gif

Findarock---that is a great ring, I am looking to get a ring for my GF and I wanted to comment on the proposal Idea is great but I also wanted to know if your BF knew that you wanted your grandmothers center stone? Curious since I was thinking of doing something similiar with the future mrs

my mom gave me the stone when i told her we started looking at rings--- she said-- i could do whatever i wanted with it
1.gif

we almost didn''t use it bec everyone wanted to sell us a diamond
38.gif
they kept telling us it wouldn''t fit it that setting...and they can''t adapt it to fit the stone
38.gif

WRONG! bec when we went to barmakian''s they said it was do-able. when we went back to Descenza and we told them Barmakians said they could do it---- they all of a sudden perked up and said "anything they can do... WE can do"
40.gif
38.gif
38.gif

it sucks bec my bf had already started making payments on the setting at descenza---so were stuck there or he would have lost money. Overall tho-- he said he was really disapointed with descenza and would never buy anything from them again. I was supprised to hear that they didn''t even show him any drawings or any possible ideas of how they would adapt the ring to see if he approved
38.gif
38.gif
38.gif
they just did the work... and showed him when it was all done... at least it is nice looking--- i am not going to be picky but i see some areas that they could have done better. We have to get it appraised from them-- and after that--- we are done with them. it''s to bad bec they have nice things--- but their service is not what it could be.
14.gif

Sorry to make a long story longer----
But I think using her grandmothers stone is a great idea!!... It makes the ring soooo much more special...and has more meaning--i think. also it saves money..and you can upgrade the setting
2.gif
. Good luck -!!

nutcracker1.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
19.gif

treeblythe12.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I Have to Say THANK YOU to this site for giving me an outlet for talking about and posting my many pics of my New SPARKLE! Sigh......Thank you!!! I love that there are so many other people out there who do the same.
Woop-EEEE! for PRICESCOPE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Its just too much fun!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring, blinkydoll...wear it in good health! Congrats!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the setting, it''s gorgeous and makes the stone look MUCH bigger than it is!!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Blinky Doll: I LOVE IT! It is so unique and unusual! I bet you were estatic about receiving it! I know I would be! :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. I love antique looking rings; they are so romantic!!!! Beautiful

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have never seen a Saturn design, but this is really unique and yet classic. I love the design, and the ring is just beautiful!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an interesting setting. I love all the detail! Congrats on your engagement!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I am floored by that design! And the others! If you don''t mind me asking were you in on the design process? Do you know anything about the pricing on the Saturn settings? I noticed they didn''t have any pricing info online. That''s never a good sign right?!?! Hahaha

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 1:15:38 AM
Author: devientdrow
Wow. I am floored by that design! And the others! If you don''t mind me asking were you in on the design process? Do you know anything about the pricing on the Saturn settings? I noticed they didn''t have any pricing info online. That''s never a good sign right?!?! Hahaha
Thank you! Thats how I felt when i saw the setting for the first time! I fell in love with that setting when i saw it. (We had looked for months and months) I thought my bf could never afford it so i told him we could keep looking.... and that week--he told me we didn''t have to look anymore! (He had put it on layaway) We already had a diamond--- so he felt we cold get a really nice setting
36.gif
(The setting was under $2ooo!)-which is great...for such fine quality and its PLAT!! I fell in Love with the antique look--- and the uniquiness of thier settings. When i saw this ring--it began a constant google search for SATURN Rings---- which i have to say---was soo sick of seeing planets etc...and solar systems--lol Finnalllly---- sATURN brought me to PRICESCOPE!----thats where i found their website--(on the designers page)-> I love seeing all the diff designs--i wish they showed more bec they have soooo many more diff settings! I am hoping to go to the store in New York one day!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I would Love a wedding band from them!

Anyway---- You can e-mail them--and find out were they sell them in your area. And also get prices--price ranges..etc.
I had e-mailed them when i wanted to find out if they would adapt a ring to a smaller stone---they were very nice.
We had to get the work done at Descenza though---(which they don''t sell any saturn setting anymore?) The only place i have seen them at is Barmakians ----the one in NH has tons. But when i first found ab them they had very few---now they have a whole case devoted to Saturn---- My suggestion is if you like them try to get one before they get bigger:)

There settings are definatly for someone that wants something unique and beautiful!
Good luck!!!1

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock

1.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif

nutcracker01.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
ooops wrong pic on the last post
26.gif

NutcrackerFULLView.JPG

Aussiegem

Rough_Rock
blinkydoll, that is a g
9.gif
rge
9.gif
us ring!! I love the setting, it is so unique. I''m trying to work out what you will do for a wedding band-can''t wait to see it.

Love the lovely necklace too! Congratulations and wear in good health!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
hey Blinkydoll

Your ring is just lovely.

(sorry about the delay in the folder- I''ve been MIA lately!)

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Wow that is GORGEOUS! I love the detail. Congrats!
12.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

RINGS01.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

RINGS07.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 5:45:28 PM
Author: sevens one
hey Blinkydoll

Your ring is just lovely.

(sorry about the delay in the folder- I''ve been MIA lately!)

Thanks So Much for the thread!
1.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif

RINGWS12.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Would a wedding band look odd next to my e-ring? What kind of band would you suggest?
I kinda like the way it looks by itself... but kinda wonder what kind of band would go with my ring...
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results