shape
carat
color
clarity

Band or No Band? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlyq_hw

Rough_Rock
Blinkydoll,

I am in California but found this website and your e-ring. It is beyond gorgeous and is exactly what I was looking for in an engagement ring! I haven''t been able to find anything antique/antique-looking that suited me until I saw the ring you have. Would you mind helping me out with some information?

I contacted Saturn Jewels and was quoted a price of $2,700 for the exact semi-mount you have. One of your original posts said the setting "was under $2,000" so now I am wondering why I was quoted a higher price. Did your fiancee negotiate a lower price with the jewelry store that sold him the ring?

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 6:10:28 PM
Author: curlyq_hw
Blinkydoll,

I am in California but found this website and your e-ring. It is beyond gorgeous and is exactly what I was looking for in an engagement ring! I haven''t been able to find anything antique/antique-looking that suited me until I saw the ring you have. Would you mind helping me out with some information?

I contacted Saturn Jewels and was quoted a price of $2,700 for the exact semi-mount you have. One of your original posts said the setting ''was under $2,000'' so now I am wondering why I was quoted a higher price. Did your fiancee negotiate a lower price with the jewelry store that sold him the ring?
Hi Curlyq-hw!
Thanks!
30.gif
I love it ! Did your send Saturn a pic of my ring? I know they don''t have it on their website.
We bought the setting at Descenza jewelers in Ma. DeScenza Website They mark all their stuff down...you can see by their website. I asked them last time i was in their if they would be selling saturn rings anymore--they said No :( Barmakians Jewelers in Ma. and NH. have the same setting--- they have lots of saturn designs --they are so beautiful!!
30.gif
Barmakian;s website I''m not sure what they charge for this setting though? I hope this helps?
Let me know what happens!
1.gif

Best wishes!--Oh and welcome to Pricescope!!! Check out the other rings !!! Its so much fun to look
30.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Blinkydoll,
JMHO, but I think your e-ring is gorgeous and substantial all by itself. That said, if you would want a wedding band perhaps to wear alone when you don''t feel like wearing your e-ring or if you want to wear your e-ring on your right hand and a wedding band on your left (or vice versa), you should totally do it!

I happen to like this particular band: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=639

Not sure what your budget is, or if you prefer something simpler for your wedding band...

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
36.gif
your good! I have been eyeballing a ring just like that. Saturn makes one sim to that--but too $$ Very Pretty tho :)
I saw a few cheaper ones they don''t go completely around....
Thanks for the link
1.gif
I love that site--- very pretty
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Does Saturn make a band that "fits" with your e-ring?
I think the "right" band would look great with it- either something that fits or something that is very thin.
Or you could move your e-ring to your right hand and wear a band on your left.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 9:11:57 AM
Author: dtnyc
Does Saturn make a band that 'fits' with your e-ring?
I think the 'right' band would look great with it- either something that fits or something that is very thin.
Or you could move your e-ring to your right hand and wear a band on your left.
No
8.gif
Saturn doesn't make a ring that would fit next to it. I may contact them to see what they could come up with
31.gif

Oh--- About wearing the e-ring on the right hand? --and a band on the left? I haven't heard of that--- Is that common? Everyone i have asked mention doing the oppisite-- wearing the e-ring on the left hand..... and a band on the right hand. I love the look of my ring on its own. But i Do love the idea of having two rings---kinda makes it official
36.gif

I will take some pics with a band to see what it looks like.

Thanks again for your input!
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have heard of people going both ways w/ wearing their e-ring on one and w/band on the right, but personally I think that w-band on the left, e-ring on the right makes the most sense, since this is how many people are married. On my wedding day I put my e-ring on my right hand and when we did the exchange of rings the w. band went on my left hand and DH''s left hand.

I sometimes wear 3 bands on my left hand and then put e-ring on my right.

You should try on various bands of different widths and see if anything works for you, like if you don''t mind there being space between the band and your e-ring. This really bugs some people but not others.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any recommendations but I think your ring is lovely on it''s on. I have a friend who has a very elaborate e-ring, although not as beautiful as yours and she wears it by itself on her left hand, no w-band at all (she does have a plain band she wears by itself for the gym, pool, yardwork, etc.) I think you should go to a local jewelry store and ask to try some on to see what you think. You may decide it takes away from your ring, or you may think it adds just that right "something".

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great just by itself. I want to reset my ering and instead of spending all the $$ on a whole new set i''ve thought about just getting on big gorgeous setting like yours. I do understand what you mean about liking the look of two together...I do too! Keep us posted on what your thinking of!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Blinkydoll, you have a lovely ring and jfo''s ''find'' is a perfect match! I have seen people wearing their rings on separate hands- heck yours is a beautiful stand alone one as wearing another ring would detract rather than add. Personally as I am a right hander, I would wear the more expensive ring on my left so I would lessen the chance of damage.
Congratulations!
1.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring looks good alone, but if you decide to get a band to wear with it I would suggest something very thin

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it as a stand alone ring. Otherwise I would get a very, very thin diamond ring.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you could go either way. Personally, I think I would go for a band on the opposite hand because it would be a convenient excuse to get a new blingy eternity band, or other type of ring...heehee, but I'm partial since my e-ring was a stand alone ring LOL.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring is GORGEOUS
30.gif
by itself. i think that a band next to it would detract from your ring. you could wear on on your right hand or switch...unless you find one you love next to your ring. i would start trying rings on next to your planet(
9.gif
) to see if you like that look.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Your newest thread prompted me to look for this thread, that I missed! You are a very lucky girl -- what a beautiful ring! I think it''s best by itself.

And that being the case, you don''t have to worry about matching a band to it -- you could wear this all the time, by itself, or get whatever band you would like for whenever you don''t want to wear this one.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 6:09:38 PM
Author: lumpkin
Your newest thread prompted me to look for this thread, that I missed! You are a very lucky girl -- what a beautiful ring! I think it''s best by itself.

And that being the case, you don''t have to worry about matching a band to it -- you could wear this all the time, by itself, or get whatever band you would like for whenever you don''t want to wear this one.

Thank you! :D
36.gif

I Love my ring alone... But I sometimes... I think I really like the symbolism of having two ring on your left hand. -- makes it official n such
1.gif
and its fun!
hehe
31.gif

but--i thought it would be nice to get a band--that my Fi could get something nice engraved it it .. and that could look nice with my ring... but mostly worn on my right hand,,, But still be affordable
22.gif

lol--
36.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
P.S Lumpkin
Your band is pretty
1.gif
antique-ish--Pretty!
36.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 7:45:37 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
I think your ring is GORGEOUS
30.gif
by itself. i think that a band next to it would detract from your ring. you could wear on on your right hand or switch...unless you find one you love next to your ring. i would start trying rings on next to your planet(
9.gif
) to see if you like that look.

Thank you!
Your ring is a sparkle bomb!! WOO!
30.gif

yup-- i am going to try on some tomorrow if i can--when i go into boston
31.gif

Oh btw!--- saw your post on holiday decor etc...
YES I miss having my tree up.. i loved just having the house light by christmas lights.... it definatly made things sparkle
31.gif
30.gif

I put red glass things out for v-day and a love sparkle banner :)
its fun!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful e-ring. It looks great by itself and you can wear it that way most of the time. But I suggest that you get a simple narrow metal w-ring as well. You will wear it all those times you can''t wear that beauty...to the gym, gardening, doing chores around the house, camping...you''ll see...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results