shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC meets DKJ - a little drop of sunshine!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, @kathley! Consider me stunned, also!

Hi @Rpb. Your post made me want to ask you to describe your dream ring. Are you hoping for a cluster one day? For warm stones? For a yellow gold setting? I'd just love to hear your mental image of what equals sublime. :kiss2:

Hallo, @MissGotRocks! Truth be told, I have guests arriving at the airport at 6.30am on Saturday, and staying till Tuesday evening. I'll try to get some photos up before then - hopefully Saturday. I have to say, I'm more keen than anyone to see this on my hand!!
@mrs-b my dream ring is in yellow gold, definitely halo (cluster) with an AVC, I don't mind warm colours as I am not that colour sensitive...and with melee from Yoram I think that would be perfect icing on the cake...though I would like mine with a split shank...

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That video was great.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Mamabean! I feel as tho you and I swung for opposite fences with our cushions, and really showed how different they can be! Yet both are insanely beautiful. Love them both!

Thank you, @ccuheartnurse - it's intensely feminine, and I'm glad you think it's pretty. :))

@Rfisher - yes, this was done with DKJs uber bench, as are all my rings. It's slower, it's more expensive, but...I mean...that workmanship....!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @diamondseeker2006! So. Did I do you proud? Your ring was such an amazing inspiration for me - I absolutely love it, and expect to love this one of mine just as much. Thank you for all your help and the details of your ring that you shared with me - it helped so much!

Thanks, @bright ice! The golden / apricot / sunrise tones are just so lush to my eye - I absolutely love it! Kinda want to dive right in and roll around in all that golden color! :mrgreen:

Hi Alex! :wavey: I'm so glad you like it! And it's you and I both who can't wait for hand shots!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how gorgeous @mrs-b! :love::love::love: It is perfect in every way! I adore the "petals" on the sides of the ring. And you have the best of both worlds...genuine antique stones that perform well :dance: Can't wait to see hand shots!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sarahb - I have loved AVCs ever since I saw my first one. What a STUNNING cut! Those diamonds are something else, and they are utterly gorgeous in warmer tones. Very proud to have this flagrant beauty in my possession to enjoy whenever I want!

Wow, @Rpb! So this is really close! I don't have the split shank, but I have the splayed band which has the same sort of outline. Do you have anything in the works? It's a wonderful thing when one gets one's dream ring!

Thank you, @CravingDiamonds - I was really counting off the days till it arrived. If I can't have it in hand, a great video is the next best thing! :mrgreen:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I especially love the shank! I can’t wait to see hand pics!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, the shoulders are amazing! And I love the cushion-shaped halo. Another one here who can’t wait to see hand pics!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @Mamabean! I feel as tho you and I swung for opposite fences with our cushions, and really showed how different they can be! Yet both are insanely beautiful. Love them both!

Thank you, @ccuheartnurse - it's intensely feminine, and I'm glad you think it's pretty. :))

@Rfisher - yes, this was done with DKJs uber bench, as are all my rings. It's slower, it's more expensive, but...I mean...that workmanship....!!
@mrs-b I’m so happy you love your ring. I can’t wait to see it on your finger!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
...in the end couldn't get past the mental picture of a ring that reminded me of dawn across the ocean on a summer's morning - that beautiful golden wash of color.

YES

to this!

... & they are kin with gold.

I hope the ring will feel as great as it looks.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
@sarahb - I have loved AVCs ever since I saw my first one. What a STUNNING cut! Those diamonds are something else, and they are utterly gorgeous in warmer tones. Very proud to have this flagrant beauty in my possession to enjoy whenever I want!

Wow, @Rpb! So this is really close! I don't have the split shank, but I have the splayed band which has the same sort of outline. Do you have anything in the works? It's a wonderful thing when one gets one's dream ring!

Thank you, @CravingDiamonds - I was really counting off the days till it arrived. If I can't have it in hand, a great video is the next best thing! :mrgreen:
I don't have anything in the works right now but it's definitely on the cards later in this year...

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gorgeous piece!!! :love::appl:can't wait to see hand shots when you get it!!!

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: It’s so gorgeous, I love the diamond color!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy shmoly begoly!!! Holy shmoly begoly!!! I'm at a loss for real words. Gorgeous!!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so beautiful! Such a gorgeous creation. You have an enviable suite of jewelry. :love: Enjoy!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! The melee of the same color is such a great find! Can’t wait for more photos!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b - another beautiful vision of yours come to life. I’ve said it before, but your taste is exquisite. And like everyone else, I can’t wait to see it on your hand!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As Missy would say...it's Gold-a-lishious!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @junebug17 :wavey: I'm so glad you like it! And I agree - I feel as tho I have a beautiful new ring, with a solid dose of antique flare! It arrives today, so hand shots hopefully forthcoming shortly!

Thanks, @kayla17 - I love the shank, too! I love the way it flows softly into the head. I was after a really soft, feminine looking ring, and the shank really picks up that vibe, I think.

Thank you, @lissyflo :)) I was very sure that I wanted a cushion shaped cluster profile, rather than simply a round cluster around a cushion center, so I'm *really* pleased you picked that up! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again, @Mamabean - arrival is today!!

Thank you, @AV_ - I love the color, as it appears in the video. But I'm waiting to see it in real life before fully breathing a sign of relief! The diamonds, tho, seem to have a combination of both yellow and apricot undertone, which I think gives the ring its beautiful 'dawn-like' feel.

@Rpb - I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your future project!! I find other people's projects as satisfying as my own, so SMTB is my jam!! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, @ac117 :)) How have you been? I haven't seen you on these boards quite as much recently? I hope you've been surviving through this interminable winter! We had warm temps and rain here yesterday, and a lot of the snow melted...so UPS arrival later today seems a definite!! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @prinsad - so do I. :)) It really is the highlight of this ring, for me. I find it so gentle and lovely - really restful but engaging.

Laughing... Thank you for that whole hearted response, @rainydaze! I'm glad you like it. :)) Stand by for hand photos later on today!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Sandeek! Yes, this ring really plugs a gap in my collection. I've had nothing of real warmth, and wanted to play around with those tones. My physical coloring is very mild, so I thought these tones might look good on my skin. We'll see later on today when it arrives!!

@alene - the melee felt like a miracle! I was SO pleased Yoram was able to lay his hands on it - and particularly so quickly! I really wanted a specific kind of look, but I would probably have buckled if I'd had to wait very long to source it, so I'm very pleased he found it as fast as he did. And, of course, his cutting is beautiful. :))

Thank you so much, @eapj :)) All my pieces at this point are forever pieces, so I really am just trying to find pictures and ideas that have been floating around in my head for a long time, and bring them to life. I don't feel that I'm hugely creative with jewelry, but I *do* have a very strong personal aesthetic, and I stick to it pretty closely. I have 2 more rings and a charm coming in the next 6 weeks or so, and then, once again, I'm done for the year. :))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aahhh...happiness is sitting down to peruse PS with a cuppa and chocolate after a gruelling day at works, and finding a new thread by our @mrs-b :love::love:

Spectacular, perfection, a work of art, in keeping with your regular beautiful style. I just LOVE it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Looking forward to hand pics!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, @ac117 :)) How have you been? I haven't seen you on these boards quite as much recently? I hope you've been surviving through this interminable winter! We had warm temps and rain here yesterday, and a lot of the snow melted...so UPS arrival later today seems a definite!! :mrgreen:

Aww, I've been great! We're actually expecting our first child so a lot of time has been going into baby item research, preparing and finishing up some home projects/decor before his arrival :kiss2: Maybe it's bc I'm always hot now that I feel the winter hasn't been THAT terrible compared to other years but yesterday was a verrryyyy nice taste of spring that I'd love more of! I hope all is well with you and that your delivery isn't delayed too much so you can have your own ray of sunshine to wear whenever you want!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Well, this ring is virtually impossible to photograph inside! It looks muddy and misshapen - and yet in real life it's totally lush! I'm going to have to wait till I can get out into the sunshine, which, I suspect, is where this ring will come into its own. I have guests at the moment, tho, so I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can give it the photo shoot it deserved.

It's quite gorgeous. And the color is sublime. The whole combination is ethereal and subtle and deeply beautiful. She's a ring you could look at all day.

Here are 2 photos I quickly took, but I promise I'll take more later this week when my guests leave.

20190316_103016.jpg

AVC close up.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I can't believe I missed the video until now. The ring is absolutely perfect. The color is so rich and I love the setting. Please get outside and give us some hand shots ASAP!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But this color...!!

Anyone, like me, who has thought that warm diamonds have to look muddy, or dirty, needs to think again. Without being yellow, these stones are golden. Pure sunshine.

20190316_142409.jpg 20190316_142325.jpg

20190316_142529.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain - see above? Just for you! It might be warmer than recently in MA, but it was no joke going outside and taking these in my pyjamas!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: LOVE this ring!!! It's stunning mrs-b! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results