shape
carat
color
clarity

AVC meets DKJ - a little drop of sunshine!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year I bought a gorgeous, R colored 1.97 AVC. It's spready for a cushion - 7.55 x 7.35 - and that perfect AVC shape.

I shipped it off to DKJ and at the same time contacted Yoram at Gem Concepts, asking if he'd be able to supply me with 2.7mm melee of a matching color. I had gone back and forth with the idea of bright white, contrasting, surrounding stones, but in the end couldn't get past the mental picture of a ring that reminded me of dawn across the ocean on a summer's morning - that beautiful golden wash of color. Neither Yoram nor I thought it would be easy to find melee of that tone, but suddenly a parcel of warm OECs crossed his path, and he snapped them up, re-cut them, and they were on their way out to me in a matter of a couple of weeks.

And let me just take a moment to confirm what everybody else says; Yoram is a gentleman and a master of his craft. And his prices - most surprisingly to me - were excellent. I will definitely do business with him again. When my diamonds were held up in US customs, he went above and beyond, doing all that he could to successfully get them delivered to me while keeping stress at a minimum. As I said - he's a true gentleman.

Once DKJ received the melee, it was a straightforward process to them to bring this beautiful ring to life, and this evening I received the attached video. The ring will reach me on Saturday morning, and she will be a glorious addition to my collection.

@Rhino - thank you for this STUNNING diamond, and for all your help in getting it onto my finger! August Vintage is the shizzle, baby!
@diagem - thank you for those perfect little masterpieces and for all your help at a stressful time.

And to DKJ, as always - perfect!

And now the video!

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty - enjoy!

Q

Queenie60

Simply beautiful. Such a gorgeous ring. Enjoy!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! The warmth is so yummy. And I love the shoulders! :love::love::love:

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What golden deliciousness! I am looking forward to the hand shots.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I'm amazed!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Just wow! I’m looking forward to hand shots too!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Okay, if this is a 10:30 am delivery Saturday, we will be expecting images at 10:35 am :D

Can't wait to see!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I have an absolute crush on halos right now and I love the softness of yours. Can't wait for more photos when it arrives.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful execution!!
I LOVE Yoram!! I can’t praise him enough! I’m so thrilled he was able to come through for you! He is truly amazing!! :kiss2:
The AVC is gorgeous, surrounded by those buttery OEC’s! DK did a fantastic job!! :cool2:
This triple collaboration is stunning!!
I’m with @Volvoqueen: hand shots...right out of the box!!! :lol-2:
Congrats, @mrs-b!!! She’s a beauty!!! :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoramlicious. DKlighful. Rhino-oohlala. :love:
Yummy AVC and oec perfection. Wear in health and blingy joy @mrs-b :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Perfection... My dream ring... Enjoy her well, looking forward to lots of pics...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - can't wait to see handshots!!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh man, you've done it again! What a beauty! The rich yellow gold and the tiny fat prongs, the sleek shoulders, it's absolutely stunning. (I feel like I'm trying to describe a beautiful woman....)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, you've done it again! What a beauty! The rich yellow gold and the tiny fat prongs, the sleek shoulders, it's absolutely stunning. (I feel like I'm trying to describe a beautiful woman....)

Big boobs maybe?

Laughing here... Thanks, @suzanne2 - I appreciate the sentiment! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @bludiva - I will!! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @Queenie60 - I'm really happy with how this came out. it has a unique warmth to it that makes it feel very 'lush'. Love that about it!

Thanks, @ceg! I remember yeeeears ago, seeing a Leon ring with thumb-print style shoulders, and I absolutely loved it! It was very soft and sleek, with no hard angles. We combined that look with inspiration from M2C's Bella Flora shank and some of CvB's inspiration as well, to make something softer and more organic with its own personality. I love how it came out!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Wewechew! :wavey:

@princessandthepear - it really is luscious, isn't it? it makes me want to dive right in!

Thank you, @LinSF - I'm pretty gobsmacked myself! I knew how I HOPED it would turn out - but you're never 100% sure you're on the right path till these things are completed. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this one!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Lvoeshinythings - I'm looking forward to hand shots, too!!

Thank you, @Rfisher! You've got something gorgeous going on yourself! Any news on the three stone?? Did you get the setting of the sides resolved?

Laughing here, @Volvoqueen! I shall do my best not to disappoint you! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Polished :wavey: I love clusters also, but I wanted to steer away from a daisy effect, so I asked DKJ to set the cluster so it followed the outline of the cushion, rather than turning into a circle around a cushion. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. :))

@Matthews1127 - I'm glad you like it! It really was a triple collaboration - that's exactly the right description for it! I am SO pleased to have it and will feel like a very lucky girl when I have it on my finger!

@missy - lol - you are such a silly! Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad I went with OECs that are re-cuts from antique stones. It gives my new ring a little history and some real heart. I suspect you know all about that with your gorgeous pieces. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @kathley! Consider me stunned, also!

Hi @Rpb. Your post made me want to ask you to describe your dream ring. Are you hoping for a cluster one day? For warm stones? For a yellow gold setting? I'd just love to hear your mental image of what equals sublime. :kiss2:

Hallo, @MissGotRocks! Truth be told, I have guests arriving at the airport at 6.30am on Saturday, and staying till Tuesday evening. I'll try to get some photos up before then - hopefully Saturday. I have to say, I'm more keen than anyone to see this on my hand!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was waiting with bated breath for this @mrs-b! It is so luscious and buttery! The cushion and it’s babies are just perfect together..and the yellow gold is so lovely with them. Gorgeous!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty! Congrats on a gorgeous ring.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Rfisher! You've got something gorgeous going on yourself! Any news on the three stone?? Did you get the setting of the sides resolved?

I do have to update my thread-no desire to spam yours!
Was this ring done with DK's top of the line bench as well?
Dang - it's gorgeous. Those halo stones (and their story) really are the icing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MrsB! That is beautiful!:love::love::love: I love the setting and I think it is amazing that Yoram happened to come across a warm parcel of baby OECs to recut for you! Yoram has my greatest admiration! I can't wait to see the ring pics when it arrives!:appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b that is one stunning ring!!! I love everything about it :love::love::love:. I’m even a little envious of all that golden glory! It couldn’t be more beautiful, I can’t wait to see hand shots!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word... How utterly breathtaking!!! :love:

The diamonds, the setting, the yellow gold - I actually feel a bit breathless just looking at it!

Cannot WAIT for hand shots!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love anything AVC--and your choices are stunning! Can't wait to see it on your hand!! :love::love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results