color
clarity

August vintage inc.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, This ring looks gorgeous! So excited to see this beauty on your finger and hear your thoughts.

I am at the point where I’m thrilled with what I have and don’t want to spend a fortune on another ring. I think a moissy could really scratch the itch as a a fun beautiful ring.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, This ring looks gorgeous! So excited to see this beauty on your finger and hear your thoughts.

I am at the point where I’m thrilled with what I have and don’t want to spend a fortune on another ring. I think a moissy could really scratch the itch as a a fun beautiful ring.
@Calliecake Thank you! I was driving to Maryland and read your post at the light so I couldn’t respond. I did have to get over the fact that they weren’t diamonds..but I do have diamonds already..I always wanted an emerald cut diamond...To get a diamond cut in the size and clarity I wanted it would be over $100-150K..I saw @MakingTheGrade ’s emerald cut and had to get one..I never expected to LOVE it. I expected to wear it occasionally for variety. I favor it now..It is so gorgeous...Then I saw @MakingTheGrade ‘s mrb and I had to get that too..Notice a pattern..:lol: I wanted a larger stone but didn’t want to give up my present diamond and take a huge loss. I am perfectly happy to play with the the AV moissanites, Wonky and my Tianyu moissy...They in no way compare to AV moissanite though...If you get the ready made..in stock moissanites then I think you can return it...If you get a custom cut you can’t. I had them both custom cut...

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake Thank you! I was driving to Maryland and read your post at the light so I couldn’t respond. I did have to get over the fact that they weren’t diamonds..but I do have diamonds already..I always wanted an emerald cut diamond...To get a diamond cut in the size and clarity I wanted it would be over $100-150K..I saw @MakingTheGrade ’s emerald cut and had to get one..I never expected to LOVE it. I expected to wear it occasionally for variety. I favor it now..It is so gorgeous...Then I saw @MakingTheGrade ‘s mrb and I had to get that too..Notice a pattern..:lol: I wanted a larger stone but didn’t want to give up my present diamond and take a huge loss. I am perfectly happy to play with the the AV moissanites, Wonky and my Tianyu moissy...They in no way compare to AV moissanite though...If you get the ready made..in stock moissanites then I think you can return it...If you get a custom cut you can’t. I had them both custom cut...

Haha well then you might be in trouble when I get my asscher AV moissy :p

Yeah I like AV moissy because it lets me scratch my ideal cut itch in a variety of cuts in nice sizes without investing a few hundred thousand. A 3 ct precision cut diamond asscher in G color would be 30-40k if I could find it. And I also have plenty of diamonds as well if the occasion demands diamonds. But otherwise I really love switching it with different style and indulging in different beautiful settings. My rings are little works of art to me, more about the quality of overall craftsmanship than the rarity of raw materials for the most part.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha well then you might be in trouble when I get my asscher AV moissy :p

Yeah I like AV moissy because it lets me scratch my ideal cut itch in a variety of cuts in nice sizes without investing a few hundred thousand. A 3 ct precision cut diamond asscher in G color would be 30-40k if I could find it. And I also have plenty of diamonds as well if the occasion demands diamonds. But otherwise I really love switching it with different style and indulging in different beautiful settings. My rings are little works of art to me, more about the quality of overall craftsmanship than the rarity of raw materials for the most part.
It does worry me that you are getting an asscher.. I always wanted asscher studs... I bought a pair from Diamondrensu and they are not colorless which I wanted..so...:P2

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
You'll say you're AV moissey was definitely worth the premium?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV moissy is on my list, as well!!
Can’t wait to see your ring, @Mamabean!!!!! :kiss2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Matthews1127! I hope you get one soon!

Already know what size I want, and it’s going to be a pendant....lol!!!
First, I need to set my Vintage Asschers. My next project will likely involve Jon & his moissy line. DH is already in the loop....lol!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Already know what size I want, and it’s going to be a pendant....lol!!!
First, I need to set my Vintage Asschers. My next project will likely involve Jon & his moissy line. DH is already in the loop....lol!!!
You have a plan! I’m so excited about your vintage asscher band! It’s going to be amazing!
I forgot to ask what size the pendant will be? :appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a plan! I’m so excited about your vintage asscher band! It’s going to be amazing!
I forgot to ask what size the pendant will be? :appl:

I want a 2.5-3 ct Moissy EC. I want a delicate halo (gasp...I know) vintage setting with a thin chain. I want rose gold. I think I’m going to reach out to Caysie & DK for options, and prices.
I love more rectangular EC’s, but I’m considering going with the more squatty Vintage EC with Jon. I want lower color (I-J). I love the glow from lower cut EC’s in that style. I think the RG will compliment that, perfectly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a 2.5-3 ct Moissy EC. I want a delicate halo (gasp...I know) vintage setting with a thin chain. I want rose gold. I think I’m going to reach out to Caysie & DK for options, and prices.
I love more rectangular EC’s, but I’m considering going with the more squatty Vintage EC with Jon. I want lower color (I-J). I love the glow from lower cut EC’s in that style. I think the RG will compliment that, perfectly.
Oooooh..It sounds pretty! You can get any ratio you want with Jon..The only thing is if you go out of the perimeters he suggested..you could wind up with a bow tie. I’m happy with my chubby emerald cut..because that will keep me from following MTG and getting an asscher. :lol:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
My rings are little works of art to me, more about the quality of overall craftsmanship than the rarity of raw materials for the most part.

I couldn't agree more. I struggled with getting a moissy rose cut ring (my 1st moissy), because you know, it's not a diamond :Up_to_something:.

But once I got it, I couldn't be happier with it. And I realized I really like the rose cut look, not just rose cut diamonds.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, Why do I feel like I’m waiting with you, with anticipation?
There is no help for my addiction!
I think we all do the same thing! I’m excited about a bunch of people getting their sparklies..

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any moissanites from C&C, Moissanite & Co, Tianyu, Stargem or any other seller apart from AV?

I have had nearly all of the North American moissies. I still think AV has the nicest though I have a nice one or two from MoCo. I have not tried any of the Chinese etc. brands.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any moissanites from C&C, Moissanite & Co, Tianyu, Stargem or any other seller apart from AV?
The only one I don’t have a moissanite from is Stargem. August Vintage moissanite blows them all away.
The ones from India aren’t good so I would stay away from them..

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
The only one I don’t have a moissanite from is Stargem. August Vintage moissanite blows them all away.
The ones from India aren’t good so I would stay away from them..
Settled then! How would you suggest I communicate the quality of Melee I want to the person who makes the ring please?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Settled then! How would you suggest I communicate the quality of Melee I want to the person who makes the ring please?
Okay..so here’s the problem. If you want melee..I’m not sure AV cuts melee in moissanite..You might have to get diamond melee. I would contact Jon. He’s very nice and will answer any questions you have. You could order your moissanite stone through AV and have David Klass source the diamond melee and make your ring. He made the ring you see in my avatar. The center stone is a diamond.. The melee is gorgeous and excellent quality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results