shape
carat
color
clarity

August vintage inc.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got an email from Vickey that my AV emerald cut is coming on Monday! I already emailed David who sent me a label..I just have to decide how to set it. I think I’m going to just do a plain one so I can stack it with different bands..

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I just got an email from Vickey that my AV emerald cut is coming on Monday! I already emailed David who sent me a label..I just have to decide how to set it. I think I’m going to just do a plain one so I can stack it with different bands..
Yay!!! Can’t wait to see your Emerald Cut! :kiss2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
She compared Tianyu and Amora on page 1 of the StarsGem thread. I don’t know that she ever put the Amora and AV head to head, but I could be wrong. Her Amora was an E but I’m not sure about the AV. I can do some more research over on WB too. She and I have chatted EXTENSIVELY about all her stones. She’s my guinea pig :lol:

Ok, I don’t want to thread jack. But I went back through my convo with @Lucky_Rabbit on WB. Oh my gosh we have some long threads. :eek2:

@swaye2010 you’ve got an amazing memory!

Long story short, she got an E Amora and a near-colorless AV and the AV was actually whiter. She said the arrows are barely bigger on the AV and the culet is just slightly smaller. Aside from that they’re basically identical.

I know she had the AGS 000 from MoCo at one point but I believe it was before she got anything else, so nothing to compare it to. Way early in her H&A journey. Lol. Pretty sure she returned it and basically washed her hands of MoCo like so many others have. :oops2:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I don’t want to thread jack. But I went back through my convo with @Lucky_Rabbit on WB. Oh my gosh we have some long threads. :eek2:

@swaye2010 you’ve got an amazing memory!

Long story short, she got an E Amora and a near-colorless AV and the AV was actually whiter. She said the arrows are barely bigger on the AV and the culet is just slightly smaller. Aside from that they’re basically identical.

I know she had the AGS 000 from MoCo at one point but I believe it was before she got anything else, so nothing to compare it to. Way early in her H&A journey. Lol. Pretty sure she returned it and basically washed her hands of MoCo like so many others have. :oops2:
That is interesting!!! Because I got a colorless AV but I feel like it has some body color depending on the lighting. In any case, I don’t feel bad about not getting an Amora! Thanks for sharing this.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @michellelynn9175 !!! Amora is off the table for me due to the silly cost premium and that I find the owner (Less) to be condescending and rude on the forums (when I was still on them). But I know people really like this latest iteration of the amora, so good to know that the AV performs the same way. It's sad that MoCo has such a bad reputation. I always found Chris to be really responsive and helpful. But I would be FURIOUS if I had paid extra for lab diamond side stones and found out it was moissy. Total disaster.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @michellelynn9175 !!! Amora is off the table for me due to the silly cost premium and that I find the owner (Less) to be condescending and rude on the forums (when I was still on them). But I know people really like this latest iteration of the amora, so good to know that the AV performs the same way. It's sad that MoCo has such a bad reputation. I always found Chris to be really responsive and helpful. But I would be FURIOUS if I had paid extra for lab diamond side stones and found out it was moissy. Total disaster.

You’re welcome! And you took the words right out of my mouth, on all counts. Agree with all points!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...totally agree with both of those points! I was on the waitlist for an emerald Amora and after a year...nothing. Asked Less and he was just rude!

Thanks @michelleylynn9175. I couldn’t remember which way around it was so the AV is a better cut/price point in general. I remember the conversation about her going back and asking Jonathan since she bought it through AV about the Amora because she couldn’t believe it was colorless compared to the Tianyu colorless and then the AV near colorless ended up being whiter....really weird!?!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
52606131_733704057030897_3415199101464084480_n.jpg 52759626_319981535186432_8746778388103954432_n.jpg 52755166_361026147957466_5054445632807239680_n.jpg

They're here! And OH MY they are GORGEOUS :kiss2:

The pics aren't great, but the fire these things give off is insane. I remember opening the box that contained my WF ACA studs years ago, and these look no different. They are truly spectacular, and are the perfect replacement for my studs which I have missed so much, as I could never fork out that kind of $$ on bling nowadays. The settings are perfect and super secure. I'm really really happy! Thank you so much @Rhino and Vicki!!

ETA - please ignore my horribly dry scrub nurse hands!

Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you @Dandi. I can't tell you how much my wife and I take pleasure in helping each and every one of you. I also really enjoy the constructive criticism and comments as it helps us to adapt and make things even better as we progress into 2019. Some exciting things are coming VERY SOON too as I'll be receiving the very first prototype AV Oval.

All the best,
Jonathan & Vicki

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
That is interesting!!! Because I got a colorless AV but I feel like it has some body color depending on the lighting. In any case, I don’t feel bad about not getting an Amora! Thanks for sharing this.
Yeah...totally agree with both of those points! I was on the waitlist for an emerald Amora and after a year...nothing. Asked Less and he was just rude!

Thanks @michelleylynn9175. I couldn’t remember which way around it was so the AV is a better cut/price point in general. I remember the conversation about her going back and asking Jonathan since she bought it through AV about the Amora because she couldn’t believe it was colorless compared to the Tianyu colorless and then the AV near colorless ended up being whiter....really weird!?!

You’re welcome ladies! It is odd how the color works. I prefer a warmer stone, so I may even be inclined to go down to an I-J with AV! I will say I’ve chatted back and forth with Jonathan before and he’s been amazing and so helpful, professional and informative. He really bends over backwards to help his clients, and I told Lucky Rabbit that based on his customer service alone, I’d pay the premium to purchase from him if I chose to go with a NA company. MoCo doesn’t deserve my dollars, and I’m ambivalent to Amora. Their restocking issues and condescending entitlement on their talk.jewelry forum is very off putting though. You know with Jonathan you’ll get a high quality product, and he’s not happy until you are. AV for the win! :cool2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer a warmer stone, so I may even be inclined to go down to an I-J with AV!

I have an AVR that is I/J color and I love love love it, though I am not really color sensitive. I really think that the AV cuts are the best I’ve seen. And I’ve had a few...or many :shifty:
Thanks @Rhino for perfecting this cuts.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
You’re welcome ladies! It is odd how the color works. I prefer a warmer stone, so I may even be inclined to go down to an I-J with AV! I will say I’ve chatted back and forth with Jonathan before and he’s been amazing and so helpful, professional and informative. He really bends over backwards to help his clients, and I told Lucky Rabbit that based on his customer service alone, I’d pay the premium to purchase from him if I chose to go with a NA company. MoCo doesn’t deserve my dollars, and I’m ambivalent to Amora. Their restocking issues and condescending entitlement on their talk.jewelry forum is very off putting though. You know with Jonathan you’ll get a high quality product, and he’s not happy until you are. AV for the win! :cool2:
Honestly, I felt MoCo was kinda hit or miss with their CS when I emailed; I don’t like to name names but I didn’t like one person from there. And I’ve seen some of the comments on that other forum discussing Amora. I didn’t realize that guy was the owner! Lol, I just thought he was the admin of that board. :lol: I never made an account on there but there were multiple times I felt his attitude was off putting, just from reading.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you @Dandi. I can't tell you how much my wife and I take pleasure in helping each and every one of you. I also really enjoy the constructive criticism and comments as it helps us to adapt and make things even better as we progress into 2019. Some exciting things are coming VERY SOON too as I'll be receiving the very first prototype AV Oval.

All the best,
Jonathan & Vicki
I just wanted to say that you and your wife are class acts. Thanks for “liking” my photos. I really am obsessed with my moissanite and am super close to buying a OEC in the future! :kiss2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I have an AVR that is I/J color and I love love love it, though I am not really color sensitive. I really think that the AV cuts are the best I’ve seen. And I’ve had a few...or many :shifty:

Id love to own one (several) one day! I wish Moissanite came in low colors, like MNO or even further like ST. They’ve actually started producing wonky old cuts to mimic the characteristics of vintage diamonds. I’ve seen Harro and one other company showcase them on IG (sadly can’t remember where I saw the second one.) I’d love a suite in a three stone yellow gold setting in a low alphabet color range!

ETA: It was East West Gem Company!

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@Rhino AV Moissanite Ovals are coming 2019? Now I need to start saving jewellery money again. Will they be released spring summer or autumn? =)2

@Mamabean Mine will also be shipped tomorrow/today and I'll have my AVR in my hand by next monday!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Rhino AV Moissanite Ovals are coming 2019? Now I need to start saving jewellery money again. Will they be released spring summer or autumn? =)2

@Mamabean Mine will also be shipped tomorrow/today and I'll have my AVR in my hand by next monday!
We’ll be waiting together! I can’t wait! :appl:

kdee

Rough_Rock
I've been trying to get some good photos of my new baby before posting here, these aren't super but I am eager to share! 7.5mm AVR G-H moissy in an 18k Stuller crown set by AV's bench. I am blown away by the fire of this stone, have to keep trying to get some better pics. This was my first moissy AND my first old cut and I am so happy with it! Thanks @Rhino ! IMG_20190301_090616.jpg IMG_20190301_091024.jpg
IMG_20190301_091423.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been trying to get some good photos of my new baby before posting here, these aren't super but I am eager to share! 7.5mm AVR G-H moissy in an 18k Stuller crown set by AV's bench. I am blown away by the fire of this stone, have to keep trying to get some better pics. This was my first moissy AND my first old cut and I am so happy with it! Thanks @Rhino ! IMG_20190301_090616.jpg IMG_20190301_091024.jpg
IMG_20190301_091423.jpg
Beautiful moissy and setting! Just lovely!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

Quick question. How do you think the I-J would be in a white gold setting? Possibly 14k unplated but still undecided on that. Now that I’m reading the AV near-colorless is actually whiter than an E Amora Gem, why pay the premium for a higher color if I don’t have to? :twisted2:

Feel free to share pics! :geek2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick question. How do you think the I-J would be in a white gold setting? Possibly 14k unplated but still undecided on that. Now that I’m reading the AV near-colorless is actually whiter than an E Amora Gem, why pay the premium for a higher color if I don’t have to? :twisted2:

Feel free to share pics! :geek2:

Honestly, I know it would be fine for me in unplated or plated white gold! Yummy! Mine is in platinum and I see no color. Disclaimer, I am not color sensitive. I adore the color of my stone. Indeed, why pay the premium if you’d be happy with the lower colors? Rhino has a nice return policy too! =)2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20190301_091423.jpg

It’s absolutely stunning! :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Can’t wait to see your Emerald Cut! :kiss2:
It’s coming tomorrow!!! It will be loose as I’m sending it to David to be set. I still haven’t completely made up my mind on the setting. I think I’m going to go plain but am still looking. I already have tapered baguettes in my ering so won’t do it on this one..I was thinking French cuts on the side but not sure..I’ll post photos of it loose tomorrow before I send it to David!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
It’s coming tomorrow!!! It will be loose as I’m sending it to David to be set. I still haven’t completely made up my mind on the setting. I think I’m going to go plain but am still looking. I already have tapered baguettes in my ering so won’t do it on this one..I was thinking French cuts on the side but not sure..I’ll post photos of it loose tomorrow before I send it to David!
Yay!!! So happy to hear that your stone is coming; I can’t wait to see how it looks!!! I know you’ve been wanting an EC for a while. I don’t think you will be disappointed. :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! So happy to hear that your stone is coming; I can’t wait to see how it looks!!! I know you’ve been wanting an EC for a while. I don’t think you will be disappointed. :kiss2:
:appl:

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
I am so excited to see everyone’s results with the AV moissy!!! I’ve just discovered it and I think my first project will be a pair of 2ctw European cut earrings with a goal of scoring some IDJ jackets for them just like the poster above. Then I want to make a 5 stone RHR for my mom. After that a pendant. I’m in LOVE with these cuts and their affordability and beauty.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eeeeek just ordered a 7mm AV H&A and totally panicking about whether I made the right choice between this and the AGS 000 from moissanite co. @Dandi @sd_flp and others, please reassure me that I didn't make a bad choice! I just feel like overall I trust Jon/Rhino much more than MoCo, especially since Jon has so much experience in the business and I feel like he wouldn't put his name on anything that wasn't outstanding.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
You made the right decision! It’ll be gorgeous. Can’t wait to see it! And with AVs sale it was probably not much more than MoCo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You made the right decision! It’ll be gorgeous. Can’t wait to see it! And with AVs sale it was probably not much more than MoCo.
$520ish with the discount. So I think it was the same, since isn't the AGS000 100 more than the regular H&A F1? If yes, it would make it $515, which might as well be exactly the same price.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You absolutely made the right decision! Premium cut and quality with top notch customer service. I feel there are too many unknowns with MoCo, a bit hit and miss.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
eeeeek just ordered a 7mm AV H&A and totally panicking about whether I made the right choice between this and the AGS 000 from moissanite co. @Dandi @sd_flp and others, please reassure me that I didn't make a bad choice! I just feel like overall I trust Jon/Rhino much more than MoCo, especially since Jon has so much experience in the business and I feel like he wouldn't put his name on anything that wasn't outstanding.
You made the right choice. ;)2 Like I said before, visually I was unimpressed with the AGS 000. The AV is so worth it!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just received my AV emerald cut moissy from @Rhino and Vicky! It’s absolutely gorgeous but I can’t capture how pretty it is with my photos...It sparkles like crazy..but it looks dead in my photos...Also, because it’s not set it’s tilted and you can’t see the precision cutting..My photos make it look off which it isn’t.. @Rhino if you have a photo of it please email me and I’ll post it here! If you don’t have one I’ll post my crummy ones but it won’t do it justice! I love it!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oops forgot to ask @sd_flp if youve ever seen a "diamonna/diameila" in person? I got one like 2 years ago when I was dissapointed in one of the amora gem iterations (maybe the soaring hearts or something? Got one and returned it bc the arrows were SO dark). I actually love it and wish I had gotten 7mm bc I would likely use it in a different setting. It is the most realistic moissy I've seen in person, but obviously haven't compared to AV round/Moco h&a or ags000 / etc.

I had forgotten that you have/had a Diamelia. I’m super excited to see how your AV compares! Did you sell it or do you still have it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results