shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage Cushion compared to a BGD Round Brilliant!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: August Vintage Cushion compared to a BGD Round Brilliant

rainydaze|1315766046|3015132 said:
i'm guessing you will go for a higher color AVC. you know you are torturing us, right? :wink2:
I agree. I keep on checking this thread to see what you decided. Stop the insanity! We must know your choice!!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Haven|1315769952|3015172 said:
rainydaze|1315766046|3015132 said:
i'm guessing you will go for a higher color AVC. you know you are torturing us, right? :wink2:
I agree. I keep on checking this thread to see what you decided. Stop the insanity! We must know your choice!!!!

I also agree!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

Cachette|1315753463|3015018 said:
"But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my baby, oh
I'm gonna keep my baby, mmm..." Madonna, 1986

I think you will keep your RB for now and hold off for a lower colored AVC. Although I do LOVE the AVC on you, I know color is a huge issue for you and the M may just be too much.

Good luck Dreamer!!! How fun that you got to "play" with 2 beautiful diamonds. Now that`s my kind of fun! :bigsmile:

Cachette :))

Ment to say higher colored AVC! Sorry! Could find the edit button... thought there was one....

Cachette :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hmmm... I sense some restlessness with my little game.

I am keeping...

Drumroll please...

j diamond 2 007.JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

That's what I though :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

CharmyPoo|1315773366|3015203 said:

Sure you did Charmy :tongue:

The clincher for me was my office lighting where the more splintery RB was more active to my eye. Since I spend a lot of time there, it got me. And the value issue that Yssie mentioned a page or so back. My RB is just worth so much more!! It would retail for about $16.5k today, whereas the AVC cost about $7500. I would have pocketed some money in the deal, but not *enough*, it would still have *felt* like a loss. And in the end, I could never ever afford to replace my RB. It was very difficult though. I think had the two rocks been real comparables -- in value and also specs -- then it would have tipped the other way because the AVC is so unique and amazing. Trouble is, I can't really achieve that equality without spending more money and that is not something I am willing to do at this point.

I will own an AVC one day though! It is a phenomenal cut.

I will say, if I did not own my RB already, I would be thrilled thrilled thrilled to own that AVC. I hope a PSers buys her because I want to see more photos and know that she goes to a good home ::)

moosemom

Shiny_Rock

I knew it! It sounds like you made the right choice for you. I feel sorry for the AVC :(sad , but I know she will find a good home very soon. ;-)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's totally what I expected. I am glad you made a decision. I really do think you would have regretted returning this for the AVC.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ahhhhaa!

first of all, thank you for putting us out of our misery! second, YAY for deciding!! :appl: you couldn't go wrong either way of course. i bet you are appreciating & enjoying your RB in a whole new way! and ya know, your RB has some history behind it - as with relationships, there is a lot to be said for 'history'.

chicam

Shiny_Rock

Awww good decision afterall I think. I have been lusting after the AVC, yet I am in the process of upgrading my RB with another round with GOG. I salivate over the AVC but still think I may regret getting it if I did go that route. Also a comparable color AVC in color and carat to my RB is way above my budget.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so glad!!! I am not sure why, but I guess it seemed like a bit of a 'loss' to me too. How great is it though that you got to have the
AVC on your finger to do a comparison. I was so glad to see the photos and the side by sides. Thank you Dreamer for sharing it with us
and going through all the trouble to post your photos and observations. I am sure it is a thread people will refer to again and again.

Your round is lovely and the setting is lovely. I know a round is traditional and classic and some may say a little boring, but the
sparkle is amazing and I am glad you found how much you love that about your stone! :love:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Glad you made your decision!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

so...is there a three-stone in the works? :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was very curious to see what you would decide! I really would like to have both, but I also wouldn't want to give up having a round classic stone to get an AVC. I just wish I could have about a 1.2 ct. round AND AVC!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are you still thinking about the 3 stone setting for your RB diamond in the future?

BTW, mine should be ready soon...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh yes, it will be a three stone. Likely will reset for our fifth anniversary next spring. I do have some worried about the ring being too big and eye catching, but I love the three stone style so I am going for it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys|1315799076|3015574 said:
Are you still thinking about the 3 stone setting for your RB diamond in the future?

BTW, mine should be ready soon...

Mini thread-jack, I can't wait to see your new ring, mom2boys.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1315801224|3015588 said:
Oh yes, it will be a three stone. Likely will reset for our fifth anniversary next spring. I do have some worried about the ring being too big and eye catching, but I love the three stone style so I am going for it.

somehow I think you will get used to it :)

thanks for posting all of the pictures Dreamer! I would love to see an AVC in person one day :love:
the diamond you are keeping is really beautiful too!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Glad you're keeping that beauty! But seeing the comparison was fun!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D|1315773889|3015207 said:
CharmyPoo|1315773366|3015203 said:

Sure you did Charmy :tongue:

The clincher for me was my office lighting where the more splintery RB was more active to my eye. Since I spend a lot of time there, it got me. And the value issue that Yssie mentioned a page or so back. My RB is just worth so much more!! It would retail for about $16.5k today, whereas the AVC cost about $7500. I would have pocketed some money in the deal, but not *enough*, it would still have *felt* like a loss. And in the end, I could never ever afford to replace my RB. It was very difficult though. I think had the two rocks been real comparables -- in value and also specs -- then it would have tipped the other way because the AVC is so unique and amazing. Trouble is, I can't really achieve that equality without spending more money and that is not something I am willing to do at this point.

I will own an AVC one day though! It is a phenomenal cut.

I will say, if I did not own my RB already, I would be thrilled thrilled thrilled to own that AVC. I hope a PSers buys her because I want to see more photos and know that she goes to a good home ::)

Phewww....What a relief....I have been following this thread from the beginning Dreamer but i never posted before because it is a matter of principal to me not to influence somebody when they are about to take such an important decision...even if they have asked for my opinion!!! I was going nuts with the possibility of seeing you giving up on your diamond... :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: Aghhh...I was about to explode :) For all the reasons that you mentioned above, i believe that you made the right choice and i'm so extremely happy for you...Your stone is amazing...It's big and sparkly and gorgeous and it's worth soooo much money right now...Keep it and wear it proudly...Many hugs... ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It really was helpful to see the two stones side by side. The AVC's have a look all of their own but there is something in me that would stop short of trading the RB for one. Your current stone is beautiful and I would have hated to see it go. There is something classic and timeless about a RB stone that just says forever. . . I hope you are able to reset in a three stone mounting if that's truly what you want. The AVC's aren't going anywhere any time soon so there can always be more jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh thank goodness! I really think it's the better decision all 'round - in terms of value and what I think you'd be happiest with in the long rung (though obviously, I am guessing at the latter!)

I was worried for your poor RB there - it definitely needs some loving reassurance 8)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

good choice. Can't wait to see when you get your 3 stone completed!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock

Glad to see that you made a decision :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had a feeling you'd keep the RB. However, I can see you getting an AVC sometime down the line as a RHR maybe three stone :naughty: , and just keep your Gorgeous RB as is in a Solitaire.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Nice choice! :bigsmile: Love that pic too.

I was going to come back and vote 3 stone, though it wasn't an option. haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results