color
clarity

#TBT August Vintage Cushion 1.17 K VVS2

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my Pricescope friends!!

I present to you my 20th wedding anniversary upgrade! :appl:

Time line

Engagement ring - .29 H RB - crappy cut (no kids!)
10 year upgrade - .41 G SI2 princess cut set with trillions (Canadian diamond) (2 kids!)
20 year upgrade - 1.17 K VVS2 :) (3 kids!)

Before I proceed with the pictures, I would like to thank Good Old Gold for a terrific buying experience. Jonathan, Marie, Darren and Vicki were all very kind, patient and just awesome! I would not hesitate to shop there again. :) Thank you GOG team!! :wavey:

I also want to thank my husband of 20 years for understanding how important this upgrade is to me and for not once telling me that the money could of been better spent elsewhere. I am truly grateful for what we have and do not take this upgrade for granted.

Stone

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8722/

Video (stone on the right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICYW8pedP1s&feature=plcp

Setting - temporary until the next upgrade - it`s really beautiful and was nicely priced! ;-)

http://www.leoingwer.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=Copy%20of%20flypage.tpl&product_id=73656&category_id=&id=80179&task=view&tag=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=32

Size 7 ring - I'm a size 6.5 but I like my rings loose. :)

I tried to take pictures of the stone in various lighting environment to show the stones various personalities. Like many have commented before me, the August Vintage diamonds are real chameleons. The pastels that are displayed are really remarkable and so pretty! It is a bright stone in most lighting situations. Because I'm only just had round brilliants, I was surprised by how different this stone performs. It's not a bad thing, just different. :) It is next to impossible to photograph this stone's real life beauty; you have to see it to really appreciate it. Pictures show its beauty but your eyes see it's full potential.

Now, for an honest opinion on the K color. I would say that 80 per cent of the time I don't really notice its tint. Because I've chosen to wear it with my eternity band which are G/H stones, I see an obvious difference in the colors when I look at the rings from the side and profile. When I do notice it the most is when I'm driving (hands are up and I look at the profile) and in bright natural lighting environments. In direct sunlight it's friggen stunning!! It almost glows and has a "bluish" tint to it and this even without having fluorescence. I tried to capture this phenomenon (picture down below). Most of the time the color doesn't bother me and it's really not noticeable but, truth be told, when I do upgrade this stone in a year or two (and I have planned to do this from the get go) I will go up in color along with size (H or I). It's not that its color makes the stone any less beautiful, that's not it at all, it's just that it's not MY dream color. I went for size over color for this round and I don't regret it in the least! Also, I didn't set out to get such a high clarity grade, it just what was available. :) Diamonds aren't cheap and finding one (especially an AVC) that fit my (ever changing) budget was a game of compromise and because this is step one of a two step upgrade, I'm 100% ok with this beautiful stone's color. :bigsmile:

Now, the pictures! I have quite a few so I will upload some now and if I run out of time (can't ignore the kids all day! :-o ), I'll come back and upload more!

Thanks for looking!!

Cachette :))

img_7618.jpg

img_7585.jpg

img_7620.jpg

img_7669.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
More!

img_7573.jpg

img_7690.jpg

img_7692.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
:naughty:

img_7493.jpg

img_7494.jpg

img_7482.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
:lickout:

img_7473.jpg

img_7503.jpg

img_5946.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope I'm not ruining the show... but that is GORGEOUS cachette!!! Very beautiful upgrade - it looks amazing on you - love ALL the locations you've taken pics in!!! Its BEEEEOOOOOTIFUL!! :love: :love: :love:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
:bigsmile:

img_7760.jpg

img_7768.jpg

img_7776.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
:sun:

img_7836.jpg

img_7820.jpg

img_7870.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

I love those blue pastels coming out of your ring! Amazing!!! And with your band, it is absolute perfection! Enjoy it till your next upgrade! Maybe another kid? :naughty:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
:devil: bored yet?

img_7883.jpg

img_7886.jpg

img_7921.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
:halo:

Last ones for now - I'm working on getting some good fire shots but this stone's chunky flashes are just blinding! Also will work on getting some lower light (candlelight) pictures to show how this baby performs! It's pretty impressive but hard to capture. I will update this thread along the way.... :bigsmile:

img_7928.jpg

img_7930.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
YayTacori|1344869435|3250555 said:
I love those blue pastels coming out of your ring! Amazing!!! And with your band, it is absolute perfection! Enjoy it till your next upgrade! Maybe another kid? :naughty:

;-)

Not likely!!! We've got a daughter going into 2nd year University, a 16 year old teenage boy and an almost 8 year old daughter and I'm almost 42. I'm done and at this point, I'm just looking forward to having grand children! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the compliments on my ring YayTacori!!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! So pretty and love all the shots, the colors are stunning! Congrats!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cachette it looks simply lovely, really happy you got your big rock!

If you do find you want your stone to look whiter, simply wear it with a plain wb :)) I find without an obvious contrast its really much harder to see body tint.

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
It's stunning! Love it with the diamond band.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
webdiva|1344870276|3250568 said:
Gorgeous!!! So pretty and love all the shots, the colors are stunning! Congrats!

Thank you webdiva!! The colors are pretty amazing; they are forever changing too!! So fun to look at! :bigsmile:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1344870342|3250570 said:
Cachette it looks simply lovely, really happy you got your big rock!

If you do find you want your stone to look whiter, simply wear it with a plain wb :)) I find without an obvious contrast its really much harder to see body tint.

Thank you Dreamer!

I've considered getting a simple band but I really like the feel of the 2 rings together (eternity and AVC). I'm so accustomed to having the eternity on the left hand that it feels "off" when I move it to the right. I'm the only one that notices the color differences so I think I will continue wearing them together for now. :bigsmile: But you're right, when it's on its own, I don't notice the color so much.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
upgrade|1344870586|3250573 said:
It's stunning! Love it with the diamond band.

Thanks so much upgrade!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1344868982|3250545 said:
Hope I'm not ruining the show... but that is GORGEOUS cachette!!! Very beautiful upgrade - it looks amazing on you - love ALL the locations you've taken pics in!!! Its BEEEEOOOOOTIFUL!! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you Enerchi!!!! I've really tried to capture how I see the stone on a daily basis but it's so hard!! Pictures are static and IRL this diamond puts on quite the show! Perhaps I should work on a video.... :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done--classic choices! Wear them in health!

cheers--Sharon

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
Wow ... what a beauty! Congrats on your anniversary!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this ring is gorgeous! I love the elegant and substantial setting, the stone, the chunky pastels, everything! I REALLY love it with your eternity band too, just the right amount of bling and the set looks so substantial on your hand. :love:

Congrats and enjoy, Cachette!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal|1344871981|3250591 said:
HI:

Well done--classic choices! Wear them in health!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! I'm really happy with my upgrade. I feel very fortunate to have this beautiful ring.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Cachette! A video would be really sweet to watch!!! If you were to post a vimeo link... I'm sure there are a ton who would enjoy watching it!! I'm one of them!! :naughty:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
CaratLover2|1344872334|3250596 said:
Wow ... what a beauty! Congrats on your anniversary!

Thank you CaratLover2!

fatpug

Rough_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1344872568|3250600 said:
Gosh, this ring is gorgeous! I love the elegant and substantial setting, the stone, the chunky pastels, everything! I REALLY love it with your eternity band too, just the right amount of bling and the set looks so substantial on your hand. :love:

Congrats and enjoy, Cachette!!

Thanks very much Laila! I'm really impressed with the setting. It fits PERFECTLY with the eternity band and is very comfortable!

And you know what, IRL, this ring looks bigger on me than what shows up in pictures. It's like it has a glow about it that extends past it and makes the whole stone appear bigger. And also. it's hard to explain but pictures only show 2 dimensions of a 3 dimensional object and it absolutely takes away from the real qualities of the object as seen directly with the eyes. The space the diamond takes is bigger than what is represented in pictures and this is why, I find, the stone looks smaller in my pictures than what I (and others) really see IRL (not sure if I explained it right! :wacko: )

My husband and kids can't get over how "big" and blingy my whole set looks! They keep teasing me about it. Where I'm from, this look is pretty substantial and flashy but I really don't care because I have these rings for myself to enjoy and not to impress others. ;))

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi|1344874747|3250635 said:
Hey Cachette! A video would be really sweet to watch!!! If you were to post a vimeo link... I'm sure there are a ton who would enjoy watching it!! I'm one of them!! :naughty:

Sounds like a plan! I`ll try and work on it this week. :bigsmile:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
fatpug|1344875190|3250640 said:
Absolutely stunning!

Thank you fatpug! (cute doggy you have there!!)

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Taken in the dining room in dim light. :) Fire galore!

img_7624.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results