shape
carat
color
clarity

Attn: Cehrabehra

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I am fairly new to all the boards and I often just lurk on this board but I have seen many of your posts and the ring in your pic is just AMAZING! I can''t stop looking at it and it catches my eye every time I see it. I don''t know how to go about finding if you have already posted about it so I just thought I would ask. Please tell me more about it! It is breathtaking! Thanks!
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 2:30:17 AM
Author:candlelite80
Hi, I am fairly new to all the boards and I often just lurk on this board but I have seen many of your posts and the ring in your pic is just AMAZING! I can''t stop looking at it and it catches my eye every time I see it. I don''t know how to go about finding if you have already posted about it so I just thought I would ask. Please tell me more about it! It is breathtaking! Thanks!
30.gif
Thank you :) That''s so nice of you to say!

Alas... it is still just a solitary stone... it is not set yet. It has however escaped the dreary north west for sunny arizona and is in the talented hands of Ocean Pearlman :) Believe me, there WILL be a post about it, soon I hope! But.... not for at least a few more weeks....
Here are a buncha pics I took back when I first got it... I''ve taken a bunch more since then but the thread was closed and I felt goofy making yet another thread about an unset stone LOL
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cbs-omc-pix.50194/ the last pages are better... those first ones are the first pics I ever took of a diamond LOL

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:05:18 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Alas... it is still just a solitary stone... it is not set yet. It has however escaped the dreary north west for sunny arizona and is in the talented hands of Ocean Pearlman :) Believe me, there WILL be a post about it, soon I hope! But.... not for at least a few more weeks....
Here are a buncha pics I took back when I first got it... I''ve taken a bunch more since then but the thread was closed and I felt goofy making yet another thread about an unset stone LOL
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cbs-omc-pix.50194/ the last pages are better... those first ones are the first pics I ever took of a diamond LOL
Cehrabehra,
Thank you for the link to the original thread. Your stone is breathtaking. Wow... How were you able to take those stunning photos? Well, I guess it helps that you have a beautiful stone to take pictures of! Please share your new setting with us as soon as you get it.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
All I have to say is WOW! I just love your diamond, it is absolutely stunning! I have seen many beautiful diamonds and rings on these boards but for me, your takes the cake! The colors are just breathtaking! You are so lucky, enjoy it, and I can''t wait to see it once it is set. Please be sure to post LOTS of pics!
30.gif

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
I also have to ask, although I am afraid this will be a stupid question... what does "My aptop atesme" mean?
33.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra,

I feel like I`m swimming in an ocean of rainbows when I look at pictures of your stone. It soothes and calms me. Just beautiful.
1.gif

Take care.

Cachette

.ps. Thanks candlelite80 for reanimating Cehrabehra`s thread!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock

I think your stone is UGLY, and belongs here. And photoshopping your stone to show all those colors is just wrong.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra! I love your stone
30.gif
!!! I am going take look the page too

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 4:08:11 PM
Author: boston_jeff

I think your stone is UGLY, and belongs here. And photoshopping your stone to show all those colors is just wrong.
bahahahahaha!!! You''re so funny Jeff ;-) The one that really looks even to ME to be photoshopped (but really isn''t) is this one:

cbOMC150-3.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to add one more (I can''t help myself I miss my stone soooooo bad!!!!) I love this picture - it really really shows the personality of the stone... the glittery part, the sparkly part, the chunky part... Most stones that are considered beautiful have a uniformity in texture and I think t hat''s what makes my stone look bad at first because there is no uniformity, but after a while the variety really charms you :) At least it did me! With the OMC faceting and the open culet there is a certain asscherish thing going on that draws you in, but it is less linear. oh I dunno how to explain it LOL

cbOMC97.jpg

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 2:29:35 PM
Author: candlelite80
I also have to ask, although I am afraid this will be a stupid question... what does ''My aptop atesme'' mean?
33.gif

lol "My laptop hates me"

i think her keys used to get stuck/mispell all the time.. there was a thread somewhere about it a few months ago.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra, we should start a "I miss my stone" thread..

I miss mine too *pouts*

I wish I had macro shots like yours though..

winnie

Rough_Rock
hi! where did u buy the stone from? love it!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
It is gorgeous! What kind of setting is it getting? The color it is in your avatar is so pretty.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:44:19 PM
Author: Miscka
What kind of setting is it getting?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? That''s much less difficult question...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 5:29:38 PM
Author: curiopotter

Date: 4/12/2007 2:29:35 PM
Author: candlelite80
I also have to ask, although I am afraid this will be a stupid question... what does ''My aptop atesme'' mean?
33.gif

lol ''My laptop hates me''

i think her keys used to get stuck/mispell all the time.. there was a thread somewhere about it a few months ago.
It still does, I''ve just been using my desktop more :) I don''t make nearly as many typos in my office than in the LR on the laptop... but most of all the backspace function on the other is a nightmare so I''m more likely to just *leave* the typos as well LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 7:11:23 PM

What kind of setting is it getting?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? That''s much less difficult question...
well mr jeff, you''ve just become far too familiar with me now, haven''t you? ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:13:57 PM
Author: winnie
hi! where did u buy the stone from? love it!
Blue nile... but that was after 2 intense months of delving into the physics of light return and making a guess LOL I wouldn''t recommend that road for just anyone LOL

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring needs to go back to WF for tweaking, but I can''t bear to part with it. Do you think they''ll lend me a temporary one?
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous! What kind of setting is it getting? The color it is in your avatar is so pretty.
I don''t know all the details... but it will be between 4-6mm wide... have two rows of single cut (1.5 point) melee along each edge set at a 45 degree angle with milgrain probably with a 2-3mm matte strip down the middle between them... it will have 8 prongs set at the facet junctions that come out of a mirrored bowl under the stone... and it will have 3 small rubies set into the underside in a design that I''ve left 100% up to my designer Ocean Pearlman :) If you go through all of my posts (haha) you''d find old wax pictures but I''d really rather not post those again because someone else did those and there have been changes.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 2:37:23 PM
Author: Cachette
Cehrabehra,

I feel like I`m swimming in an ocean of rainbows when I look at pictures of your stone. It soothes and calms me. Just beautiful.
1.gif

Take care.

Cachette

.ps. Thanks candlelite80 for reanimating Cehrabehra`s thread!
Thank you, and thanks to all of you - it''s very flattering :) Especially since I suffered from concern over it for so long. It is a pretty unique stone and someone asked if it had a bowtie and I hyperfocused on that and really questioned it. All I could see was a bowtie LOL But of course every time I looked at my stone I tilted it to MAXIMIZE the bowtie LOL So for an entire month I took it to at least 20 jewelers and every time I took it out and said, "I bought this stone but I think I want to return it - what do you have that is better?" and only ONE jeweler showed me a stone and said hers was better (and it was a 1 carat modified with a huge black inclusion visible from 12" right under the table you couldn''t even see the culet) and I was like oh yeah, I don''t trust YOUR opinion but of course that''s the one I remember most
38.gif
) Most everyone else took it and were really wowed by it and told me I should keep it and wanted to look and look and look at it under microscopes, loupes, whatever. Very intregued! So in the end I kept it and I knew it was MY stone but even then it was a couple months before I stopped seeing the bowtie - or rather realized that only about 5% of the time is it unattractive, primarily when I was wearing a black shirt. The rest of the time it was pulling in crazy color from around the rooms of my house or the trees or whatever. Because I bought it at bluenile and didn''t get a stamp of validation from a PS vendor, I doubted it. My eyes said WOW!!! but it is the only nice diamond I''ve ever owned so I didn''t know what other diamonds did. I''ve since looked at some large superideal 000 types and what they do, they do better than my stone. I admit that. But they don''t do as much variety of stuff and that''s what is going to keep this one interesting to me for the rest of my life. No upgrades here!

Though I have to add this cause it is funny - but just *today* my son was talking about rocks (he went to a rock museum today) and how gold is soft and wouldn''t I love to have a REAL diamond and REAL gold? So I took out my earring and told him this was real gold and a real diamond.... then I was telling my dh a few minutes later and I said to my son, "my ring will have a real diamond but it won''t have gold" and my husband said THIS one won''t but I know you, as soon as its done you''re gonna be like noooooooo I need an upgrade LOL Too funny. I think he believes that but he''s so off the mark. I went through all of my DSS in the first two months and bought a stone that will never need an upgrade. But I do need a pendant in a superideal D SBF! I''m not hoping for more than a half carat but I''ll take as big as the dh will pay!! ha!! I''m going to wait until he forgets *this* process first... I''ve already started dropping the hints but I can''t really entertain it until this ring is at least DONE lol!!!

You will have pictures of the finished thing by July. I promise! Thank you thank you for letting me yammer... it''s like the need to talk about your kids while they''re away at camp LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 7:50:31 PM
Author: Harriet
My ring needs to go back to WF for tweaking, but I can''t bear to part with it. Do you think they''ll lend me a temporary one?
1.gif
no, but I have a $10 version almost just like it I can send you for free :D Okay, so some sort of reddish metal like copper is poking out from under the plating but its free so quit yer complaining!!!

richipat

Rough_Rock
I am new on the boards as well. And regardless of what anyone else thinks -- you have a remarkable stone. And you love it -- isn''t that what it is all about?
I am fascinated and keep viewing and viewing your pictures. When did you say you were planning to mount it? What did you decide? would love to know.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra--

See what your failure to get a timetable from Ocean is doing? "PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW!"

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 2:55:11 PM
Cehra--

See what your failure to get a timetable from Ocean is doing? ''PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW!''
Its funny because I talked to her today and the first thing out of my mouth was, "I don''t want to know anything I just miss you" LOL!! She said she was in "a zen place" and I cut her off and said don''t tell me any more I trust you just take your time and enjoy the process... if you''re not feeling it let it go for a few weeks... LOL Sorry, I guess that doesn''t help narrow down the timeline LOL! I''d like to have it by my anniversary toward the end of June but that''s over 9 weeks away, and if it isn''t, I''m at peace with that as well :) And even when it is done it is going to my husband and not to me, and who knows when he''ll give it to me - so just cool your jets ;-) hehehehe, I admit i''m flattered that anyone cares though :) so thank you for that!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 1:43:12 PM
Author: richipat
I am new on the boards as well. And regardless of what anyone else thinks -- you have a remarkable stone. And you love it -- isn''t that what it is all about?
I am fascinated and keep viewing and viewing your pictures. When did you say you were planning to mount it? What did you decide? would love to know.
Well... it has 8 prongs.... it has a mirrored bowl under the stone.... it has a band that is somewhere between 4-6mm wide... two rows of single cut 1.5 melee down the sides, 3 rubies on the underside of the shank, um... I think I''ve said this before :D The rest of the details I don''t even know yet... I gave her what I wanted and what I wanted her to decide on so I don''t know some of it... and I''m just as excited to know as you, but in no hurry to find out it will be what it will be and it will take as long as it takes. I know this isn''t a typical approach... but... :) Thank you for your comment on the stone, it really is special to me, and growing moreso daily even in absentia.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results