shape
carat
color
clarity

At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Re: At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!

I agree with Danny-I think you should consider a Leon band. I have 2-one is the string band and it looks great with my solitaire, and I also have the beadset band with miligrain. The beadset is delicate yet sturdy and the diamonds have great bling-super sparkly so much so that you can't see the metal walls and I really love it with my diamond. I think they both look good, but the beadset is my favorite.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

Aquanat, I love your wife-to-be's ring!!!!!!! It is gorgeous!!! Keep the pics coming!

Like you, I have a 2.7 RB and I have found that it can definitely handle larger stone sizes. In fact, I think it looks best with a 2 tcw eternity that I've been eyeing... I wear mine with an eternity of 40 pointers (5+ tcw) so you can absolutely go up in size! I feel like the diamond is showcased better with a band more proportional to its yummy blinginess.

Sna77's wife has a large RB as well and she pairs it with a substantial Tiff eternity... It looks great!!!!! I don't think my stone looks good with smaller carat eternity bands. They just get lost and somehow look busy with the tiny melee to me. With your yummy stone, you can pair it up with some bigger bling. Or get a plain band for the comfort factor!

It's gorgeous!!!! You have great taste!!! :love:

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

Bliss|1323479124|3078240 said:
Aquanat, I love your wife-to-be's ring!!!!!!! It is gorgeous!!! Keep the pics coming!

Like you, I have a 2.7 RB and I have found that it can definitely handle larger stone sizes. In fact, I think it looks best with a 2 tcw eternity that I've been eyeing... I wear mine with an eternity of 40 pointers (5+ tcw) so you can absolutely go up in size! I feel like the diamond is showcased better with a band more proportional to its yummy blinginess.

Sna77's wife has a large RB as well and she pairs it with a substantial Tiff eternity... It looks great!!!!! I don't think my stone looks good with smaller carat eternity bands. They just get lost and somehow look busy with the tiny melee to me. With your yummy stone, you can pair it up with some bigger bling. Or get a plain band for the comfort factor!

It's gorgeous!!!! You have great taste!!! :love:

Bliss, if you don't mind sharing, what 2 tcw are you considering with your 2.7 RB stone? After reading what you wrote about bigger stones working well with 2.5+ RBs, I'm thinking about this option for myself. I'd love to see what you're considering, and I'm sure aquanaut would, too!

aquanaut, have you seen this thread? I don't know if it is any help, but just in case .... [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-rb-plain-solitaires-with-eternity-bands.149883/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-rb-plain-solitaires-with-eternity-bands.149883/[/URL]

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

beautiful!!!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Yes, Blueiris, we have seen that thread, thank you!!

Skippy, thank you for the compliment!

I have sent back the BGD band. It was very nice, but just too thin. 2.2mm and 2.5mm is a much bigger difference than I thought.
I told my fiance that I have put so much time, energy and money into her e-ring, that I want to make sure she LOVES (and isn't just "ok)) about the wedding band that she'll put next to it. Also, the wedding band is arguably more important, sentimentally, than the e-ring.

We will go and explore options againthis weekend.

We might very well go with the 2.5mm channel set from Tiff. But maybe something else will catch her eye.

Will keep all of you posted and will try to take lots of pix!!!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

I am happy to hear that you are continuing to look; though the band from BGD was lovely, I agreed with you about it being not quite right for your fiancee's ring. It is so hard to tell until you actually try things on and you're fortunate to have stores available to you to do so (unlike those who live in a barren shopping area, like I do!)

I hope you'll find something you both love on your shopping trip this weekend and look forward to your update!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone!

So we went to Tiffany's this weekend to try on many different bands.

I hope you will enjoy the photos and give your opinions!

Firstly, is the fully pave band, which although it sparkled like mad, we decided against it.

Picture 002.jpg

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Next up is the 2.5mm channel set band which we really liked previously, and which still to this point stands as the top contender.
It doesn't provide the most bling necessarily, but is the most proportional to her engagement ring and particularly, the shank width of the engagement ring which is 2mm.

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 001.png

Picture 009.jpg

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Now, we have the 3mm channel set band.
It is somewhat tempting, and my fiance loved the bigger diamonds, but it is a bit out of proportion and seemed a bit "older style" to us, and chunkier.

It is still an option though...

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Finally, the one which was the biggest surprise!!

It is the 3mm shared prong half eternity.
We have previously dismissed shared prong rings because they hurt my fiance's ring and were uncomfortable.
This however, is half and is very comfortable and looks SUPER BLINGY.
The only problem is that it's half eternity, which we're both kind of against, strictly due to stupid "sentimental"/ "mind" reasons.
My fiance said, "I don't want to be with you for HALF eternity!!" LOL
Also, i completely irrationally associate half eternity with cheaper Zales/Macy's jewelery :confused: :confused:

Picture 003.jpg

sofie

Rough_Rock

I like the 3 mm channel set the most! But they all look good! Good luck deciding. She is a lucky gal, what a big rb stone!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

Oh, I'm glad I checked this thread before going to bed! I've thought about you two several times this weekend, braving the holiday shopping hordes to try on rings. I am enjoying living vicariously through your and your fiancee's exploration of wedding bands.

I love the shared prong band with your fiancee's ring! I've been leaning toward that style for myself after looking at gazillions of photos here ... and I just think it looks great with your ring, too. I am so glad it was more comfortable for her than the other shared prongs she's tried on. I had an eternity ring reset because of discomfort from the shared prongs but since then, I've learned that other shared prong rings can be more comfortable.

I understand your hesitation about the half eternity. I have always had full eternities because my rings tend to turn a lot when I'm wearing them and I know it would drive me crazy to have part diamonds, part band showing. I also understand what you're saying about
the sentimental aspect of a full eternity (and I don't think it's stupid at all - I feel that way, too so of course I wouldn't, lol).

I'll be very interested to hear what you two decide. Thank you again for all the great photos!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

aquanaut|1324267729|3084341 said:
Finally, the one which was the biggest surprise!!

It is the 3mm shared prong half eternity.
We have previously dismissed shared prong rings because they hurt my fiance's ring and were uncomfortable.
This however, is half and is very comfortable and looks SUPER BLINGY.
The only problem is that it's half eternity, which we're both kind of against, strictly due to stupid "sentimental"/ "mind" reasons.
My fiance said, "I don't want to be with you for HALF eternity!!" LOL
Also, i completely irrationally associate half eternity with cheaper Zales/Macy's jewelery :confused: :confused:

Yes, associating half bands with Zales and Macy's makes no sense at all.

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my first post. I don't mind SI1 diamonds but Tiffany used to have a cutoff of VS2. I guess I'll just be blunt. Using SI1 melée for the prices Tiffany charges is ripping people off. Tiffany's band rings are expensive. I haven't compared the prices of their diamond band rings per se against their competitions' but their gold rings dollar amount per width are higher in price than Cartier's.

And yes, as has been mentioned Victor Canera's band rings are not "custom" (you can look at his site) and I believe Leon Mege's are the same.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

I'm going to vote for the 3mm channel set. While my favourite is typically the shared prong, that channel set ring looks just gorgeous with the e-ring and has the added bonus of not damaging the platinum in your e-ring (which the shared prong might).

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd love to see her ring with the Legacy 2mm and the Novo 2mm and maybe Grace! But of these the 2.5mm Channel is my favorite.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock

First, congratulations on your engagement! The ring is simply stunning.

I have a solitaire paired with the BGD "bead set" eternity band. I love it. It's super comfortable and I think it goes beautifully with my engagement ring. Granted, my diamond is smaller (1.94 ct), but I think it would match well with a larger center stone. The band width is 3mm. I think it would go very well with your fiance's ring!

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/w...bead-set-eternity-band-18k-white-gold-5433w18

Here is a picture of the ring on BGD's website:

And here is a picture of mine (1.52 tcw) with my engagement ring:

Picture 5.jpg

pic6.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Travel Goddess|1324310032|3084535 said:

I have a solitaire paired with the BGD "bead set" eternity band. I love it. It's super comfortable and I think it goes beautifully with my engagement ring. Granted, my diamond is smaller (1.94 ct), but I think it would match well with a larger center stone. The band width is 3mm. I think it would go very well with your fiance's ring!

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/w...bead-set-eternity-band-18k-white-gold-5433w18

I seriously need to meet up with you and see that in person. Just sayin.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

Travel Goddess|1324310032|3084535 said:

I love your ring, Travel Goddess! I think I'd love that style with my e-ring.

sofie

Rough_Rock

I'd personally go with channel set unless with share prong you want to wear a spacer too. The damages of the share prong diamond to your ering is real.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results