shape
carat
color
clarity

At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!

Just WOW!!!!!!!!!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Thanks again for all of your kind words!

Here are the latest two handshots that I think really capture the essence of the ring.

Can any of you suggest some options for wedding bands? We went into Tiffany to look at some and it seems that there aren't as many options as I anticipated. Because Leon sets his rings very low, it is necessary for the wedding band to be on the small/thin side and with round diamonds. Or did we miss something? Your professional advice is much appreciated!

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

That looks fabulous!

You might have to get a curved band if you want it to sit completely flush.

Best thing to do is try on lots of types with the e ring and see what you like.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

What a rock!!! :love:

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock

That ring may well be my favorite solitaire ever. Spectacular! :love:

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock

OMGOODNESS! Stunning!!!! That diamond doesn't need anything more, IMO. A plain, 2 or 2.5mm curved band would be awesome!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks amazing on her!!

As far as bands, what about a thin pave band? You should be able to find a low profile thin band.

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Thank you everyone! I'm so happy to have such positive feedback from all of you :appl:...it really means a lot!!!

We went to try on pave bands and they all looked delicate and classic, but a little too simple (since the band has to be thin, it sort of got "lost" next to the ER). Soon I'll find a picture of one interesting Cartier band she liked, so stay tuned :wink2:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful.....you can't beat a classic solitaire. It looks wonderful and huge on her hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is really gorgeous! :love: and HUGE!

As far as the wedding band goes, I wear a Tiffany Legacy band with my Leon solitaire. But you do not have to have a thin or narrow band. You have to have one that is not too high. It is the height that matters. I am surprised that you said Tiffany doesn't have many options because they carry a pretty nice selection of wedding bands, and theirs generally are set pretty low.

The other brand to try on is Memoire if she wants a shared prong style, because theirs are set very low. I would not consider a curved band.

Looking back at your pictures, though, it is a fact that the huge stone is going to cover up any wedding band to a certain extent.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This ring is gorgeous! This particular solitaire setting is one of my favorites and it looks so beautiful on your fiancee! Congratulations :appl:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Classic and STUNNING! I think you should go try on different bands...seeing it on the computer never really translates to how it will look on your hand with your ring! Congratulations that really is a lovely stone in a timeless setting.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

gorgeous!!!!

It's not an H&A, right? I'm trying to figure out what it is, looks absolutely amazing.

WOW! :o What a gorgeous rock! Wear it in good health.

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Autumnovember|1308016962|2945235 said:
gorgeous!!!!

It's not an H&A, right? I'm trying to figure out what it is, looks absolutely amazing.

Yep, it isn't H&A. I would have liked it to be, however it simply wasn't an option for two reasons. First, H&A stones in my desired carat weight are seldom available. In the 8 months I have been checking diamonds I have only see ONE H&A between 2.5-2.99cts from BGD but it was an Si2. Secondly, H&A carries a very high premium. Hence, I decided to go with a GIA Triple Excellent that had a score less than 2 on the HCA and good ASET/IdealScope.

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Please tell me when to stop!!!! :wavey:

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

kimber418

Shiny_Rock

All I can say is WOW you did a fantastic job! Congratulations!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1308001873|2945011 said:
Wow, that is really gorgeous! :love: and HUGE!

As far as the wedding band goes, I wear a Tiffany Legacy band with my Leon solitaire. But you do not have to have a thin or narrow band. You have to have one that is not too high. It is the height that matters. I am surprised that you said Tiffany doesn't have many options because they carry a pretty nice selection of wedding bands, and theirs generally are set pretty low.

The other brand to try on is Memoire if she wants a shared prong style, because theirs are set very low. I would not consider a curved band.

Looking back at your pictures, though, it is a fact that the huge stone is going to cover up any wedding band to a certain extent.

Thanks for your advice diamondseeker2006. The Legacy band is super nice, that was one of the ones my fiance was considering.

And yes you are right, it is all about height. Having a low ring definetely allows for less choices. We also don't like the curved band look.

Here is a picture attached of a Cartier band that we both liked in person. We felt it is very "different" and probably would have never even looked at it seriously on the computer, but in real life it was very pretty and worked well with the ring. Although, it kind of looks like "too much metal" on the picture. Also, the more common shared prong eternity band from Cartier was nice.

My fiance was wondering if any non round diamond bands would look good with her ring. Maybe asscher or emerald. What do you think?
The selections at Tiffany for step cut band, were all channel set and too thick/high.

cartier band.JPG

Lenamama

Shiny_Rock

<3 it!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

aquanaut|1308080252|2945845 said:
gorgeous!!!!

Yep, it isn't H&A. I would have liked it to be, however it simply wasn't an option for two reasons. First, H&A stones in my desired carat weight are seldom available. In the 8 months I have been checking diamonds I have only see ONE H&A between 2.5-2.99cts from BGD but it was an Si2. Secondly, H&A carries a very high premium. Hence, I decided to go with a GIA Triple Excellent that had a score less than 2 on the HCA and good ASET/IdealScope.

I love whatever the cut is, its so so so so pretty. I keep coming back to this thread to stare some more :love:

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Autumnovember|1308255654|2947707 said:
gorgeous!!!!

I love whatever the cut is, its so so so so pretty. I keep coming back to this thread to stare some more :love:

THANK YOU!!! I just looked at yours and it's also really beautiful! Similar size.
I was very tempted to add more diamonds on the shank for a "wow" factor but am a minimalist at heart. Told my fiance that if she wants I am not opposed to the idea since SHE's the one wearing it and not me. Whatever she likes more. However, so far she keeps saying she doesn't want to change it one bit :)

I realized I didn't post any profile shot so here is one:

IMG_2055.jpg

nyring

Rough_Rock

beautiful ring.... what did you decide on for a band?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

That ring is amazing...absolutely stunning!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

aquanaut|1308260897|2947757 said:
Autumnovember|1308255654|2947707 said:
gorgeous!!!!

THANK YOU!!! I just looked at yours and it's also really beautiful! Similar size.
I was very tempted to add more diamonds on the shank for a "wow" factor but am a minimalist at heart. Told my fiance that if she wants I am not opposed to the idea since SHE's the one wearing it and not me. Whatever she likes more. However, so far she keeps saying she doesn't want to change it one bit :)

I realized I didn't post any profile shot so here is one:

Thank you ::)

The ring is beautiful, as is :)

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

nyring|1313584921|2992532 said:
beautiful ring.... what did you decide on for a band?

Thank you for the further compliments!

It has been almost 4 months and we are still gaga over the ring :mrgreen:

We have not made a final decision on the wedding band yet as we have still quite a bit of time before the wedding. The Cartier one posted above is a strong option, but we will have to look more. The engagement ring itself is quite "simple" so we are looking at somewhat "unusual" wedding bands. We were not too thrilled by the shared prong eternity bands, but maybe because they were quite thin and low.

We will keep you all posted and of course post pictures once it's decided!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock

Absolutely gorgeous! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very lovely ring - what are the specs on the stone?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow, it's a beauty!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

How about a blingy channel set eternity band, or a bead set band with a milgrained edge? Both will protect your ering from the diamonds rubbing against it, and they're very versatile. For future anniversaries, you can gift unique rings to stack with the wedding set. "Beverley K" on Pearlman's site (http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/; bottom of this page) has a bunch these thin bands, and they are also popular with PSers. Here's an example:

bevk_162PP13.jpg

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

pregcurious|1313632449|2993042 said:
How about a blingy channel set eternity band, or a bead set band with a milgrained edge? Both will protect your ering from the diamonds rubbing against it, and they're very versatile. For future anniversaries, you can gift unique rings to stack with the wedding set. "Beverley K" on Pearlman's site (http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/; bottom of this page) has a bunch these thin bands, and they are also popular with PSers. Here's an example:

Yes, we do like that one a lot (but maybe minus the milgrain, we prefer cleaner lines)! Thank you so much for suggesting it?

Do you know where we can see Beverly K bands in Manhattan?

I am also attaching a picture of another band I saw in a different thread that we like.

cells baguettes7.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results