shape
carat
color
clarity

At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Re: At Last!!! My Fiance's 2.70ct Leon Mege Solitaire Ring!!

I love the Cartier band with your fiance's e-ring. Her ring is soooo gorgeous, whatever you choose will look fantastic! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

aquanaut|1317067189|3026092 said:
Christina, LOL at your comment and thank you very much!

Stci, thank you for the compliment!

MissGotRocks, my fiance decided against the Cartier band this weekend, because it appears too matchy to us. As if, It goes way too perfectly with the ring.

As far as the HW alternating bar set, we still need to go see it.

However, my fiance is now leaning towards a simple channel set 2.5mm band with round diamonds. After much effort of trying to find something "different" and "interesting" she is now saying that after the initial couple of months pass, comfort takes #1 priority, and all the bands with exposed diamonds poke into her fingers and aren't comfortable.

Below is a picture of the channel set from Tiffany. I am also eyeing the one from BGD, but am concerned that there are no holes underneath the ring, which will make cleaning the diamonds an absolute horror. I am suprised, BGD didn't account for this? Does anyone have that ring here?

Here is the link: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5402

I think sometimes the thinner bands don't have holes? maybe ask BGD? I'm sure Leon or Steven can make you a delicate channel set band

cameeelia

Rough_Rock

Such a beautiful ring! This is the setting I'm hoping for :) How thin is the width of the band?

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

kathleenparrish|1323236797|3075886 said:
Such a beautiful ring! This is the setting I'm hoping for :) How thin is the width of the band?

The width of the shank is 2mm

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

It's been so long since I last posted any photos.

Here is another one in ourdoors lighting.

photo.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am still drooling over this ring! :love:

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Amys Bling|1323395985|3077533 said:
I am still drooling over this ring! :love:

thank you so much!!!

We finally received the wedding band today. It's 2.3mm channel set BGD with his signature melee.
It doesn't sparkle as much as we expected, but i guess it's just very thin.

Hope you guys like it!

photo(3).JPG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

What size are the stones? I would think they should be firey but at that size its more pinpoint than flashes.

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

I am not sure, how can I find out?

Perhaps this is OCD kicking in, but when we tried on 2.5mm from Tiffany, it seemed to emit a lot of sparkle.
This one as per the website is 2.2mm.

ughhh, decisions, decisions!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

OMG that is SUCH a fantastic ring. What a beauty.

As far as the band goes, I can understand your reservations. On its own, I'm sure the zillions of little sparkles look gorgeous, but next to such a huge fireball, it may not stand up quite the same.

What are you thinking?

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

MuffDog|1323442246|3077781 said:
OMG that is SUCH a fantastic ring. What a beauty.

As far as the band goes, I can understand your reservations. On its own, I'm sure the zillions of little sparkles look gorgeous, but next to such a huge fireball, it may not stand up quite the same.

What are you thinking?

Thank you once again!!!
I have to say that during the design/decision process for this ring I was SOOO tempted to add something, either pave on the shank, or even change it to a three stone ring. In the end I am so glad that I didn't, because what my fiance has been telling me since our enaggament is that the ring is so "wearable" and comfortable and practical. Very wOw but in a more subtle way (if that can even be said for 2.7cts!!)
Some of her friends who recieved more elaborate style rings, or even bigger rocks, began telling her that post the wedding, they don't intend to wear their rings on a daily basis because of comfort issues or attention etc.
This would upset me :shock:

Yes that is exactly what we were saying. That when alone, the band definetly has sparkle, but next to the e-ring, it just gets overpowered.

I am thinking to perhaps return this BGD one (I still have that option) and get a slightly thicker band with slightly larger diamonds.
The only thing stopping me is the cost for a small difference. 3mm was too thick.
So it would need to be 2.5-2.75mm
:confused: :confused: :confused:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would see if they can make one at 2.5mm wide, and with slightly larger melee. that might help.

Also, maybe wear this inside Tiffany's and see how it looks in their lighting, Id wager part of why the Tiffany one was so much more "Sparkly" was simply bec of the lighting and MAYBE larger stones.

Another thing to note...the way the smaller stones fire off is different to the eye than the way the larger one will. The melee seem to fire back more brightly sometimes, competitive. I added a plain band between my ering and band and that has helped my eye.

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the advice.

I am alsmot certain the difference is in the size of the melee. Slightly larger melee tends to equal thicker width.

But we might pay a visit to Tiff this weekend.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yep if you go up in width, it will be wider, but I have seen it done where the walls/channel were slightly thinner and the stones were slightly bigger but the band was about the same width.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

First I'd like to say how stunning your fiancee's ring is and that you did a great job choosing the diamond and the setting! :love: I am sure your fiancee is beyond thrilled.

My interest was piqued even more when you began showing your options for wedding bands. I have a slightly smaller stone (2.5) set very plainly (Grace from BGD) and I wear it with a plain platinum wedding band. I like the "plainness" (for lack of a better word) because, as your fiancee said, it's nice to be able to wear the ring all the time without feeling like it's "too much". Your comment about some of your fiancee's friends saying that after their weddings they will not wear their ring as much is exactly why I wanted to keep my upgrade "plain".

However ... I still think I might like an alternate wedding band with diamonds to wear sometimes. :devil: I've been looking for a while now, trying to figure out what I'd like, so seeing how the various bands look with your ring is really helpful and enjoyable.

I agree with you that the BGD band just looks sort of "lost". I had a Tiffany Legacy band for a short while to try with mine and that too didn't look quite right. It wasn't "enough", if you see what I mean. But on the other side, if you and your fiancee feel like my husband and I feel, which is that we don't want the center stone to be overshadowed by a band, then you understand the difficulty in finding a diamond band that complements but doesn't overwhelm, and yet still has enough "wow" to look really pretty with the engagement ring.

I actually really like the Cartier band you tried with it earlier in the thread, and since it's bezel set, that one has the advantage of not being "poky" to the fingers (you mentioned that your fiancee is sometimes bothered by that, and so am I). I also like the look of the baguette/round band and I think that would complement your fiancee's ring nicely (and mine) but as you have said it's difficult to find one the correct width without too much metal.

I'll be very interested to see what you two choose!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

I would look at Victor Canera or Leon for the band, I would consider plain bands too, and I'd add Cartier and Tiffany (yes, 3mm is too big). I wouldn't buy a diamond band from Tiffany because they use SI1. Yes, I would return the BGD.

Your ring is stunning. I wouldn't put something next to it that was too big, machine made-looking, or lower clarity.

Congrats and thanks!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

blueiris|1323455511|3077910 said:
First I'd like to say how stunning your fiancee's ring is and that you did a great job choosing the diamond and the setting! :love: I am sure your fiancee is beyond thrilled.

My interest was piqued even more when you began showing your options for wedding bands. I have a slightly smaller stone (2.5) set very plainly (Grace from BGD) and I wear it with a plain platinum wedding band. I like the "plainness" (for lack of a better word) because, as your fiancee said, it's nice to be able to wear the ring all the time without feeling like it's "too much". Your comment about some of your fiancee's friends saying that after their weddings they will not wear their ring as much is exactly why I wanted to keep my upgrade "plain".

However ... I still think I might like an alternate wedding band with diamonds to wear sometimes. :devil: I've been looking for a while now, trying to figure out what I'd like, so seeing how the various bands look with your ring is really helpful and enjoyable.

I agree with you that the BGD band just looks sort of "lost". I had a Tiffany Legacy band for a short while to try with mine and that too didn't look quite right. It wasn't "enough", if you see what I mean. But on the other side, if you and your fiancee feel like my husband and I feel, which is that we don't want the center stone to be overshadowed by a band, then you understand the difficulty in finding a diamond band that complements but doesn't overwhelm, and yet still has enough "wow" to look really pretty with the engagement ring.

I actually really like the Cartier band you tried with it earlier in the thread, and since it's bezel set, that one has the advantage of not being "poky" to the fingers (you mentioned that your fiancee is sometimes bothered by that, and so am I). I also like the look of the baguette/round band and I think that would complement your fiancee's ring nicely (and mine) but as you have said it's difficult to find one the correct width without too much metal.

I'll be very interested to see what you two choose!

Blueiris!!

Thanks for all the kind words.

Your ring was actually one of the inspirations I looked at during my "search." It is absolutely beautiful and POPS from your finger!

I am a bit upset about this BGD band.
I spoke to Jamie from BGD for a very long time before ordering and she suggested that the difference between 2.2 and 2.5mm would be negligible for the difference in price. Additionally, if I was to order it in a 2.5mm width it would not be returable since considered "custom". Since I have never seen a BGD setting/ring before I decided to order the 2.2mm in hopes that it would work, and to have the return cushion.

My fiance decided against the Cartier band because it's a bit "too much" and adds quite a bit of extra metal because of the bezels.
The bar set band hurt her fingers because it poked.
Hence, she decided on the channel set because of the comfort and sleek, modern, simple look.

There is a proverb in my culture "Who buys cheap pays twice."
This is how I currently feel!
We looked at the Tiff, liked it very much, the width and height was perfect, it SPARKLED like crazy.
Should have just bought it!

Good luck with your own wedding band search and learn from MY lessons!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

Imdanny|1323456126|3077918 said:
I would look at Victor Canera or Leon for the band, I would consider plain bands too, and I'd add Cartier and Tiffany (yes, 3mm is too big). I wouldn't buy a diamond band from Tiffany because they use SI1. Yes, I would return the BGD.

Your ring is stunning. I wouldn't put something next to it that was too big, machine made-looking, or lower clarity.

Congrats and thanks!

Thanks for your suggestions.
I did not and do not want to go the custom route because I would like have my fiance be able to try the band before buying it.
Especially after this experience.

I do not mind si1 melee. It is so small that it would not bother me whatsoever, and I have UBER eagle eyes.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

aquanaut|1323457055|3077928 said:
Blueiris!!

Your ring was actually one of the inspirations I looked at during my "search." It is absolutely beautiful and POPS from your finger!

I spoke to Jamie from BGD for a very long time before ordering and she suggested that the difference between 2.2 and 2.5mm would be negligible for the difference in price. Additionally, if I was to order it in a 2.5mm width it would not be returable since considered "custom". Since I have never seen a BGD setting/ring before I decided to order the 2.2mm in hopes that it would work, and to have the return cushion.

My fiance decided against the Cartier band because it's a bit "too much" and adds quite a bit of extra metal because of the bezels.
Hence, she decided on the channel set because of the comfort and sleek, modern, simple look.

We looked at the Tiff, liked it very much, the width and height was perfect, it SPARKLED like crazy.

Thank you for the lovely compliment on my ring! I haven't been on PS for quite a while (back to look for huggie earring ideas). I can't remember if I ever posted photos of my "new" stone. I think I didn't and so probably the photos you saw are of my first upgrade stone, a 2.90 G SI1. A few months after we bought that stone, I traded up in color & clarity - and price, of course! - and down in size (yes, I know ... not too typical!) But I kept the Grace setting and really, I imagine the photos would still look very similar. I'm glad my ring could be an inspiration to you! I have been very happy with it.

I have always been a fan of channel set bands for the modern and simple look, too, and the comfort is important to me. I think the 2.2 mm width of the BGD band looks good with your ring; I'm not sure if 2.5mm would be too wide. Which Tiffany ring did you like with the engagement ring? Do you remember its width?

Please keep us updated! I am very interested in what you decide.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Check out my VC single cut eternity bands--they're about 1.9mm each. When stacked together, they sparkle like mad but are still delicate and super comfortable (some pave bands are not so). The single cuts make a huge difference! Just a thought...

Blueiris--We need to see new shots of your 2.5 ct ring! Glad to see you check back in on PS!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

blueiris|1323457780|3077943 said:
Blueiris!!

Thank you for the lovely compliment on my ring! I haven't been on PS for quite a while (back to look for huggie earring ideas). I can't remember if I ever posted photos of my "new" stone. I think I didn't and so probably the photos you saw are of my first upgrade stone, a 2.90 G SI1. A few months after we bought that stone, I traded up in color & clarity - and price, of course! - and down in size (yes, I know ... not too typical!) But I kept the Grace setting and really, I imagine the photos would still look very similar. I'm glad my ring could be an inspiration to you! I have been very happy with it.

I have always been a fan of channel set bands for the modern and simple look, too, and the comfort is important to me. I think the 2.2 mm width of the BGD band looks good with your ring; I'm not sure if 2.5mm would be too wide. Which Tiffany ring did you like with the engagement ring? Do you remember its width?

Please keep us updated! I am very interested in what you decide.

Yes I was referring to the 2.90 stone!
If you don't mind me asking, was it the Si1 that was bothering you or the G color? During my search I could not find a single si rated stone that was clean anough for my vision.

Do post new photos of your 2.5! Is it also a BGD signature?

The one we tried on at Tiff was just the regular "channel set band" exactly 2.5mm wide and was perfect.
We had also tried 2mm which was too thin and then 3mm which was too thick.
arghhhhhh :errrr:

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock

mom2boys|1323457954|3077951 said:
Check out my VC single cut eternity bands--they're about 1.9mm each. When stacked together, they sparkle like mad but are still delicate and super comfortable (some pave bands are not so). The single cuts make a huge difference! Just a thought...

Blueiris--We need to see new shots of your 2.5 ct ring! Glad to see you check back in on PS!

Ahh, those are lovely!! I will show it to the future Mrs.

I am not sure she would wear two though, she claims to have not very long fingers lol!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

mom2boys|1323457954|3077951 said:

Wow, those are beautiful bands! I'm so out of touch that I haven't heard of Victor Canera but I just found your thread. I love your new bands and they look great with your three-stone ring, too!

Do you think one would be enough for rings like Aquanaut's fiancee's and mine? I ask because you mention that when two are stacked together, they sparkle like crazy, but does one alone sparkle very much?

Aquanaut, would the Victor Canera band be something you would consider?

(P.S. I promised over a year ago to take photos of my new ring and never got around to it. I'll try to remember!)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Honestly, if you both loved the Tiffany's version, I'd seriuosly just send this BGD one back and get it.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Blueiris--Newjewels has photos of this pave eternity band by itself w/ her solitaire. If you don't mind the gap w/ your Grace setting I think it could work for you also but it will be slightly thinner at 1.9mm. This band still sparkles by itself w/out a doubt! I like the stacked look better for my own preference.

Aquanut--VC also has a bright cut pave style that looks more like the channel set bands you were looking at but they will probably be thinner and you are looking for thicker at 2.5mm.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

Yes I was referring to the 2.90 stone!
If you don't mind me asking, was it the Si1 that was bothering you or the G color? During my search I could not find a single si rated stone that was clean anough for my vision.

Do post new photos of your 2.5! Is it also a BGD signature?

The one we tried on at Tiff was just the regular "channel set band" exactly 2.5mm wide and was perfect.
We had also tried 2mm which was too thin and then 3mm which was too thick.
arghhhhhh :errrr:

I don't mind you asking at all. I originally contacted Brian wanting an approximately 2.5 ct. E/F VS1/VS2 stone and there wasn't anything available. He did have the 2.90 stone, and advised me to see if for myself. It was a truly gorgeous diamond! I couldn't see a thing with my naked eye, and the G color was really quite white. But then the E VS1 2.54 came along a few months later to tempt me! Since those were my original parameters, I wanted to see it and so we had it sent out. Both my husband and I just liked it better and we ended up making the change. It was really nothing to do with the color or clarity of the 2.90 but more that the look of the 2.54 appealed more to us. As Brian says, each stone looks a little different. Oh, and yes it's still a BGD signature stone.

So a 2.5mm band does look appropriately sized! I've wondered about that and am glad to know, since I've previously limited my searching to between 2 and 2.2mm. I hope you can try that band on again soon and maybe take some photos so we can see!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

mom2boys|1323459926|3077995 said:
Blueiris--Newjewels has photos of this pave eternity band by itself w/ her solitaire. If you don't mind the gap w/ your Grace setting I think it could work for you also but it will be slightly thinner at 1.9mm. This band still sparkles by itself w/out a doubt! I like the stacked look better for my own preference.

Aquanut--VC also has a bright cut pave style that looks more like the channel set bands you were looking at but they will probably be thinner and you are looking for thicker at 2.5mm.

Thank you for the additional info, mom2boys. I'm going to take a look at Newjewels' thread when I get a moment. I do already have a gap with the Grace setting and I'm not bothered by it. I think the two bands stacked together look really great with your three-stone.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Blueiris--Your ring is one of my all time faves! I would have bought your 2.9 ct BGD if it was available when I was ready to purchase! Good luck w/ your new band search!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock

aquanaut|1323461743|3078029 said:
Here is a video with the 2.2mm BGD band

http://vimeo.com/33417581

Hmmmm. I like the band better close-up than I did in the other shot. It does sparkle but they are small sparkles and truly, your big gorgeous diamond really steals the show (as it should!)! What size are the stones in the BGD band (sorry if you posted that already; I may have missed it). I am very interested to see how the 2.5mm Tiff band looks; it may be just exactly right!

mom2boys, I checked out Newjewels' thread and you are right, one band alone does look good. Her set is gorgeous! I think this VC band is a serious contender (won't my DH be just delighted to hear that, lol).

I think that 2.90 sold very quickly after my trade-in; I noticed it wasn't on the BGD site very long! It really is a beautiful stone (still in my avatar, I just realized). I just looked at the thread with your stones for your 3-stone and admired your big and beautiful trio of BGD beauties! Just gorgeous!

ETA: Just showed DH the photos and he thinks the VC band looks really great! Aquanaut, I showed him your video with the band and he too commented that it would be tough to compete with your big sparkly diamond, which is a good thing, of course!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results