shape
carat
color
clarity

asscher question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
starryeyed, dont think about it as soon as you read this hit reply and post your answer.
Do you totaly love the stone? yes or no?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 10:38:31 AM
Author: starryeyed
Also, Decodelighted, I checked out your asscher and the pictures - I was noticing that you were ''worried about worrying'' that the table size might be too big. How do you feel about it now?

Hey Starryeyed ... to be TOTALLY up to date on my ring check out
this thread about Sparkly 2.0

To answer your question about table size ... after over a year with the stone I barely think of it anymore. Intellectually I *know* that some folks aren''t sweet on 67% tables ... but some folks wouldn''t be sweet on my house or my dog or my DH or *anything* else I have either. It only matters that *I AM*.
9.gif
Every stone has tradeoffs & I''m very satisfied with the ones we made with mine.
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Garry - thanks so much for your thoughts.

Yes, I am seeing more smaller bits of fire in my RB than in the asscher. In the asscher, I get fire really jumping from around the edges - not a lot, like the RB, but some. The long facets under the table give flashes of color - not a lot, some. The facets under the table are not glitzy - should they be?

I wish there was a video of perfect asscher performance!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 11:39:07 PM
Author: strmrdr
starryeyed, dont think about it as soon as you read this hit reply and post your answer.

I was posting just as you were!

Sh*t, I couldn't answer - the first thing I thought was, "not yet"....When I look at the stone, I say "oooooooo" and it makes me happy when I see it in the morning, but then I wonder if an asscher can be any more firey or brilliant than this one. And if so, by how much?

I swear I'm not an insatiable woman!
20.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 11:51:31 PM
Author: decodelighted

Hey Starryeyed ... to be TOTALLY up to date on my ring check out

this thread about Sparkly 2.0

To answer your question about table size ... after over a year with the stone I barely think of it anymore. Intellectually I *know* that some folks aren''t sweet on 67% tables ... but some folks wouldn''t be sweet on my house or my dog or my DH or *anything* else I have either. It only matters that *I AM*.
9.gif
Every stone has tradeoffs & I''m very satisfied with the ones we made with mine.
2.gif

Gorgeous re-model Deco! It still looks really unique and is probably much more wearable now. Thanks for the link!

I''m starting to forget table size on this one, except for when I see a lot of glare. Your comments are really helpful!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2006 12:16:38 AM
I''m starting to forget table size on this one, except for when I see a lot of glare.
Imagine Princess & Radiant stones ... where the tables are routinely over 70% ... or the glare on a 5 carat Emerald Cut??? I''d take it though!!
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 11:59:18 PM

Date: 12/15/2006 11:39:07 PM

I was posting just as you were!

Sh*t, I couldn''t answer - the first thing I thought was, ''not yet''....When I look at the stone, I say ''oooooooo'' and it makes me happy when I see it in the morning, but then I wonder if an asscher can be any more firey or brilliant than this one. And if so, by how much?

I swear I''m not an insatiable woman!
20.gif
When I saw the diamond I bought for my wifey2b the first thought that entered my mind the first time I saw it was WOW its the perfect stone for me to get her.
I think you will find reading that the first reaction of someone finding the right diamond for them is WOW this is mine when they see it.
It speaks to them, does this stone speak to you?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2006 5:21:47 PM

When I saw the diamond I bought for my wifey2b the first thought that entered my mind the first time I saw it was WOW its the perfect stone for me to get her.
I think you will find reading that the first reaction of someone finding the right diamond for them is WOW this is mine when they see it.
It speaks to them, does this stone speak to you?

Hi Storm. Thanks for responding. I wish I worked that way -things would be easy! I always study things to death, draw my conclusions, then allow myself to feel the emotion. I''m a nerd.

So this stone was speaking to me today. The sun came out and stayed out. I saw a lot of fire and scintillation. The hall-of-mirrors effect and windmills are strong, so that hasn''t been an issue in my mind. I have felt concerned though that maybe the stone should be more sparkly. That question I can''t quite answer because I''ve never seen a proverbial "kicken". This stone compared to others I''ve seen is definitely MUCH nicer.

Oh, and Deco and I will take two 5 carat emeralds please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results