shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET image support

Rend

Rough_Rock
Hello, I came across this board whilst looking diamonds. I am reviewing an ASET image for a diamond and wanted to get a second opinion. Please do let me know your opinion of this diamond

Positive, strong patterns and contrast.
Concerns:
1. The white parts. These not alive or does it mean obstruction? Does this mean it is not an excellent cut diamond?
2. Strong green bars on the right hand side and bottom. Preferably these should be dark red from what I understand.
The diamond is rated Very good for symmetry. I expect to the naked eye, this will look fine and I don't need to the excellent.

The diamond is from the guy who inventory the handheld ASET and the Idealscope!! I hope that means something

1597023766357.png

Thank you

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
not a great aset image.. what did Garry say about it?
white is leakage.
The lab symmetry grade has little to do with looks.
VG is usualy fine in fancies.

Rend

Rough_Rock
I'm talking to one of his gemologists and she is saying this is a good diamond and "As you can see it has great patterns." I've asked her to double check with Gary

Based on the ASET, I am thinking it a not an amazing diamond.

Red: intense light return – red is generally what you want to see.
Blue: contrast – important for contrast and scintillation. Blue areas should be as symmetrical as possible.
Green: less intense light return – keep green areas minimal.
Black/White: light leakage – keep black/white areas minimal.

Rend

Rough_Rock
I had a response from Gary:

It is about how the stone appears from each eye. I will make a video later today.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
I'm talking to one of his gemologists and she is saying this is a good diamond and "As you can see it has great patterns." I've asked her to double check with Gary

Based on the ASET, I am thinking it a not an amazing diamond.

Red: intense light return – red is generally what you want to see.
Blue: contrast – important for contrast and scintillation. Blue areas should be as symmetrical as possible.
Green: less intense light return – keep green areas minimal.
Black/White: light leakage – keep black/white areas minimal.

you found the right resource! yup, too much light and green are usually not a good thing. keep looking.

Rend

Rough_Rock
This is the response and not 100% sure if I should go ahead. He invented the portable ASET and IdealScope so there is credibility

this is the diamond video
https://dyffw9lb8wur6.cloudfront.net/v360videos/f8eb3qgo12.MP4?MTEwNA==

In this video https://streamable.com/oep21b
Note there is very little white leakage across a wide range of rotation. Leakage and blue = head obstruction have a similar effect when the diamond is set. But because we have 2 eyes we see from about 7 degrees from each eye - so this is a realistic demo of this diamond.
It is rare to find a stone where the patterns change so rapidly - making this a really nice deep wishing well asscher.
The diamond is 5.8x5.75mm and has a great price because the symmetry is slightly off - you can see that in the ASET image - but it does not affect the overall light return.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ASET confirms what the video shows: darkness in the center of the stone.
That is not obstruction. It’s leakage.

These photos show you the face-on view of the stone.
As well as it moves, and performs in motion, this is the view your intended will see most.
Leakage will allow the metal of the ring and/or skin to show through the stone.
Keep these things in mind.

I agree with others above: keep looking.

D92F193F-9DF5-4AFE-BA57-88BB6ADCE394.png 7EB73052-F9AB-4965-BD73-AEF7D712332E.png

Rend

Rough_Rock
The ASET confirms what the video shows: darkness in the center of the stone.
That is not obstruction. It’s leakage.

These photos show you the face-on view of the stone.
As well as it moves, and performs in motion, this is the view your intended will see most.
Leakage will allow the metal of the ring and/or skin to show through the stone.
Keep these things in mind.

I agree with others above: keep looking.

D92F193F-9DF5-4AFE-BA57-88BB6ADCE394.png 7EB73052-F9AB-4965-BD73-AEF7D712332E.png

Hmm I tend to agree with you. I wonder why Gary why he showed it to me. Gary obviously is very familiar with the ASET and all the reference items say it's not an ideal ASET

Rend

Rough_Rock
I got caught up in words and wasn't thinking. He said it is a great I put a deposit down and stupidly I asked for a GIA report # after. Uggh not a great decision.

He said once I see in real life, I can say no. I don't like the sound of an indented natural

Square Emerald Cut
Measurements
5.80 x 5.76 x 3.97 mm
Carat Weight
1.20 carat
Color Grade
E
Clarity Grade
VS1
proportions
Depth
68.9 %