shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mum is resting at home with mobile at her side so she can call if things turn for the worse suddenly. The MD who administered the test said he's pretty sure it's COVID-19 from the symptoms but we won't know the results until Friday. I did some thinking last night and decided to get tested this afternoon after my slew of online meetings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty messed up that I can't seem to get any location to test me unless I'm incredibly sick, even though I can contract trace COVID-19 from my nephew (now showing symptoms), with who I had direct contact last Monday. Local doctor's office and local pharmacy sites will not test but after spending all morning online and calling around, I managed to snag a slot for Friday afternoon. I can only hope to test negative because if it shows as positive, my immediate family has probably gotten exposed from me all week.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty messed up that I can't seem to get any location to test me unless I'm incredibly sick, even though I can contract trace COVID-19 from my nephew (now showing symptoms), with who I had direct contact last Monday. Local doctor's office and local pharmacy sites will not test but after spending all morning online and calling around, I managed to snag a slot for Friday afternoon. I can only hope to test negative because if it shows as positive, my immediate family has probably gotten exposed from me all week.

@chrono I’m so sorry you had so much trouble getting tested. I so hope you are negative.....My fingers and toes are crossed for you..

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good luck chrono.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m happy to provide a good update: my father’s caregiver’s roommate is well enough to have returned home just an overnight stay in the hospital. My friend - the caregiver - apparently tested positive more than two weeks ago, so she is not required to quarantine after this latest exposure. She has been and cooperating with the public health officials in her community who gave her a green light to return to her work.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I’d resurrect this thread in honour of it being the first anniversary of my OP.

Well. A year. What a horrible rollercoaster it has been. I had an inkling then that it wasn’t going to be good. It’s always been my belief that something infectious would “get” humans in the end. Viruses and bacteria are so good at evading the scientific developments we try to put in place.

Anyway, let’s hope the vaccine provides some way out and that 2021 is an improvement on 2020!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I’d resurrect this thread in honour of it being the first anniversary of my OP.

Well. A year. What a horrible rollercoaster it has been. I had an inkling then that it wasn’t going to be good. It’s always been my belief that something infectious would “get” humans in the end. Viruses and bacteria are so good at evading the scientific developments we try to put in place.

Anyway, let’s hope the vaccine provides some way out and that 2021 is an improvement on 2020!

It does (at times) feel like it is the end of the world. And at other times I jus wish it was. No, JK. I think.

It's been a challenging 2020 and so far 2021 and TBT 2019 wasn't great either starting from June (for us).

Sending bucketloads of good thoughts into the universe and hoping 2021 becomes a very good year soon. Fingers and toes crossed.

Hang in there all. One day at a time. One hour at a time when that feels overwhelming. We are going to get through this. I know it.

holdon.png

barbie86

Shiny_Rock

I wish I could share your optimism.

Personally I think that 2021 is going to be much worse than 2020 in terms of lockdowns and restrictions. And I think 2022 will still have some restrictions, but more akin to 2020.

I can't see things improving until 2023.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary who has been pretty chill over the whole thing is now saying we should make sure we have plenty of flour and tuna
We are having a problem with one of the quareteen hotels up north, having 3 people test positive after they have left
Thankfully the first lady is now not contagious and all her 25 close contacts including her husband are all negative and she was very thougher using the tracer app and she had excellent hygiene practices
But now we have a parent and a child who are positive and have been out in the community

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does (at times) feel like it is the end of the world. And at other times I jus wish it was. No, JK. I think.

It's been a challenging 2020 and so far 2021 and TBT 2019 wasn't great either starting from June (for us).

Sending bucketloads of good thoughts into the universe and hoping 2021 becomes a very good year soon. Fingers and toes crossed.

Hang in there all. One day at a time. One hour at a time when that feels overwhelming. We are going to get through this. I know it.

holdon.png

@missy I’ve always prided myself with being resilient. That seems to have gone out the window. I’ve become a real worry wart.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that's a lot of people

We just have to do our best to stay safe till all this horribleness passes

Yes @Daisys and Diamonds My husband working really makes me feel vulnerable. Now my mom is in a hospital and about to go into a rehab facility. That so scary to me with Covid everywhere.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

At present, the UK and SA variant definitely worries me. And any other new variants that are up and coming. It just goes on and on and on and on and on....................................

Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your poor mum
Its definatly a worry
Is the rehab hospital restricting visitors to minimize risk ?

Yes..She‘s still at the hospital because they have to get her pain under control. The rehab hospital does zoom visits.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes..She‘s still at the hospital because they have to get her pain under control. The rehab hospital does zoom visits.

I can't imangine what a broken pelvis feels like (if im remembering correctly)
Thankfully not her hip

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't imangine what a broken pelvis feels like (if im remembering correctly)
Thankfully not her hip
I was told it can be more painful than a hip fracture. It has the same risks for the elderly as a hip too. This is so worrisome.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Joanne, how is your mom's pain level today? I am sending bucketloads of healing dust and pain free vibes her way. And ((((hugs))))) to you. Keeping her in my thoughts.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joanne, how is your mom's pain level today? I am sending bucketloads of healing dust and pain free vibes her way. And ((((hugs))))) to you. Keeping her in my thoughts.

@missy Thank you..I didn’t talk to her yet. I don’t want to wake her if she’s sleeping. I hope she did better with the med change.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you..I didn’t talk to her yet. I don’t want to wake her if she’s sleeping. I hope she did better with the med change.

I hope she is sleeping. It is a good sign she hasn't called you yet this morning.
Fingers crossed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope she is sleeping. It is a good sign she hasn't called you yet this morning.
Fingers crossed.

She’s going to rehab this afternoon. I hope they ease her into doing the therapy. She doesn’t want to do it because it hurts so much.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder, what can say now that people, who convinced that the coronavirus is no more serious than the flu and should not be feared. Do they continue to adhere to their opinion? Some people are completely indifferent to everything, unless it concerns them personally. They do not want to wear masks because they are uncomfortable, go to parties, do not follow basic safety rules. And when it turns out that they are sick, everyone around is to blame, but not them.

It's pretty interesting to go back and read the first couple of pages with people's reactions.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom is in New Orleans and she needs her knees replaced and her doc last week told her to hold off until late spring/early summer since she doesn’t have her Covid shot yet. New Orleans was an early hot spot, so they are the recipient of initiatives for shots etc.

It’s a shame though because she is in tons of pain and can’t get out much. I’ve been sending her household supplies though Target etc.

I was wondering about when I can get a shot since I have two new knee implants. There were the recent warnings about those with facial fillers so I wonder if a knee transplant (so to speak) carries similar risks?

I can’t believe it’s been a year since this post started! What a crazy messed up year. So many people lost.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 5 year old started Kindergarten back in Sept, and his school started with Kinders full time in person while other grades did hybrid. For months we had a case here and there but nothing serious. Right before winter recess we did a few remote learning days but went right back to school.

Then last week we got notified that someone in his class tested positive and everyone in class went into 10 day quarantine. Remote learning is as fun as you can imagine with 5 year olds. Quarantine ended this Mon and he went back to school. Then today at lunch we got a call saying someone in his class tested positive again and we had to pick him up right away. Back to quarantine and remote learning for another 10 days. I'm calling our Pediatrician in the morning to

Our MIL lives with us who's 75 and try as we might we cannot get an appointment for a vaccine for her. We are now considering keeping him at home for the rest of the year, or at least until we can get MIL vaccinated.

I'm calling his Pediatrician in the morning about getting him tested. Trying not to worry and stress but it's definitely getting too close for comfort.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom is in New Orleans and she needs her knees replaced and her doc last week told her to hold off until late spring/early summer since she doesn’t have her Covid shot yet. New Orleans was an early hot spot, so they are the recipient of initiatives for shots etc.

It’s a shame though because she is in tons of pain and can’t get out much. I’ve been sending her household supplies though Target etc.

I was wondering about when I can get a shot since I have two new knee implants. There were the recent warnings about those with facial fillers so I wonder if a knee transplant (so to speak) carries similar risks?

I can’t believe it’s been a year since this post started! What a crazy messed up year. So many people lost.
@whiteflash I’m sorry your mom can’t have her knees replaced because of not having the vaccine. This year has been
the pits. It’s been so scary..

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I wonder, what can say now that people, who convinced that the coronavirus is no more serious than the flu and should not be feared. Do they continue to adhere to their opinion? Some people are completely indifferent to everything, unless it concerns them personally. They do not want to wear masks because they are uncomfortable, go to parties, do not follow basic safety rules. And when it turns out that they are sick, everyone around is to blame, but not them.

There is a couple that we know that called us about 6 weeks ago as they were thinking of buying a house in our neighborhood. He is an Optometric physicia. In the course of the conversation he mentioned he didn't feel Covid was any worse than the flu, that they were eating out, doing whatever they wanted, etc. We were appalled and my hubby basically told him we would not be seeing them anytime soon if this was their stance. We are super careful and just couldn't understand anyone with a medical background having that attitude. Fast forward this past week and my hubby was talking to him (on the phone) and his opinion had changed 100%. A dentist that he was friends with that was a healthy age 65 had just died from Covid. Unfortunately, it took him knowing someone personally to change his mind-sigh. Well, at least he's converted now, but what a shame it took someone he knew dying to change his mind.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a couple that we know that called us about 6 weeks ago as they were thinking of buying a house in our neighborhood. He is an Optometric physicia. In the course of the conversation he mentioned he didn't feel Covid was any worse than the flu, that they were eating out, doing whatever they wanted, etc. We were appalled and my hubby basically told him we would not be seeing them anytime soon if this was their stance. We are super careful and just couldn't understand anyone with a medical background having that attitude. Fast forward this past week and my hubby was talking to him (on the phone) and his opinion had changed 100%. A dentist that he was friends with that was a healthy age 65 had just died from Covid. Unfortunately, it took him knowing someone personally to change his mind-sigh. Well, at least he's converted now, but what a shame it took someone he knew dying to change his mind.

It is shocking how many health care professionals don’t take Covid as seriously as they should. In fact I know a few who are refusing the vaccine. They feel they are healthy and can fight Covid on their own. Their selfishness is astounding. Unbelievable. :(sad

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It is shocking how many health care professionals don’t take Covid as seriously as they should. In fact I know a few who are refusing the vaccine. They feel they are healthy and can fight Covid on their own. Their selfishness is astounding. Unbelievable. :(sad

Exactly- they are just thinking of themselves or are just being totally ignorant. They are not thinking that they can easily be spreading it to people who Will die from it- just so incredibly frustrating. Well, as Covid has been spreading, almost everyone I know has been touched personally in some way with a friend, relative, or co worker who has either died or become severely ill from Covid, so hopefully that is slowly convincing these selfish, ignorant people. I am looking at statistics from Portugal that had a similar pattern as us until the UK variant hit and their numbers then skyrocketed. I fear that we are in for a very scary ride in the US for the next few months.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All you can do is to get yourself vaccinated. You can't control what others will or will not do. I'll waiting for the J&J one shot vaccine.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All you can do is to get yourself vaccinated. You can't control what others will or will not do. I'll waiting for the J&J one shot vaccine.
Dancing Fire, if you were given a choice of Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J vaccine, which one would you take?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results