shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I went to get antibody tested. according to LabCorp its 10 dollars + 42.13 if you're paying out of pocket though you can ask your doc to include it as a test for free right now. I've already gotten bloods done but wasn't far enough along in the study so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

On pins and needles what I get back as a result.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@KingAlex777

really??! do you truly believe that??!

i do not think that the democrats have that level of international and global authority, in that the other countries are in, on the "scam", and are "playing along" ...

not to mention, those members that have been good enough to share their personal, tragic, first hand accounts of losing close family members to the virus

yes, i've heard those theories, too. but no, i do not believe, it is a scam of the democrats based on substantial evidence

i do sort of wish it wasn't for real and is just a hoax, though ...

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second nationwide lockdown is looming in UK, as I had predicted over a month ago.

If anyone truly believes it is all a hoax, despite all the nations in the world are united for once to fight this pandemic, then please do me a favour, and stay away from me.

DK :roll2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super curious as to how lockdowns work in other countries.

Are there just locking down so as to not overwhelm the health system? Is there track and trace? Are there new Covid rules when businesses open again? Because wouldn't you be right back to where you started if you release people to roam freely without an actionable plan after lockdown?

Wouldn't that result in a series of ongoing lockdowns?

After the first lockdown did things change in terms of the way schools/businesses operated? Because in Australia they did and so did other successful places like Vietnam.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are there just locking down so as to not overwhelm the health system? Is there track and trace? Are there new Covid rules when businesses open again? Because wouldn't you be right back to where you started if you release people to roam freely without an actionable plan after lockdown?

After the first lockdown did things change in terms of the way schools/businesses operated? Because in Australia they did and so did other successful places like Vietnam.

In the USA AFAIK it’s on a voluntary basis. To sign up for tracing. To quarantine if from one of the states on the list if you travel to another state. Even mask wearing is voluntary as no one enforces it. Yet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I went to get antibody tested. according to LabCorp its 10 dollars + 42.13 if you're paying out of pocket though you can ask your doc to include it as a test for free right now. I've already gotten bloods done but wasn't far enough along in the study so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

On pins and needles what I get back as a result.

Good luck @Arcadian ! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the USA AFAIK it’s on a voluntary basis. To sign up for tracing. To quarantine if from one of the states on the list if you travel to another state. Even mask wearing is voluntary as no one enforces it. Yet.

Thank you Missy.

All businesses need to be CovidSafe in NSW. $5000ish fine if you don't play by the rules. Temperature taking is voluntary though but no one objects because really who cares if they aim a thermometer at my head. I just want my salt and pepper pork!!!

You should see the alerts they release here when they find one case. It's pretty impressive. They can tell you what gym session the infectious case was in, what pizza joint they visited, which bus they caught and so on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Missy.

All businesses need to be CovidSafe in NSW. $5000ish fine if you don't play by the rules. Temperature taking is voluntary though but no one objects because really who cares if they aim a thermometer at my head. I just want my salt and pepper pork!!!

You should see the alerts they release here when they find one case. It's pretty impressive. They can tell you what gym session the infectious case was in, what pizza joint they visited, which bus they caught and so on.

I am glad your country and many others are on top of this and keeping their people safe.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All of the above in France.

Our lockdown was total, bar essential workers and 1 hr of walking outside within a 1 km radius. For 56 days.

When we reopened masks were mandatory for anything indoors. Including school.
In the beginning one could take off one's masks when seated at work keeping the distance of 1m.

Later this was tightened to mask at desk all the time for offices and schools for pupils from middle school onwards.

Masks outside were strongly recommended, most people followed. Then they were mandatory in most areas. Compliance was good (at least wherever I went)
Fines of 135€ for non compliance.

Biggest problem were private parties and family functions I have heard. I have personally not been to any.

In schools the protocols were multi-layered: assigned desks as far away as possible, no touching of any objects other than your own, masks, mandatory and supervised hand washing 4 x /day, hand sanitizer upon entry and before eating distributed by staff, hand sanitizer distributed by teachers every hour.

On top of this the country of roughly 70 mio is running 2 million tests /week, free for everyone without any copay.
Track and trace system in place. Military and public servants drafted to call centres for track and trace. They call everyone on their mobile to invite for testing.

For instance there were 4 Covid cases in our school.
All were completely asymptomatic.
They were discovered by the track and trace system - the pupils were in the contact cohort of someone who was tested positive, then called , isolated and tested. Then all their class was isolated and tested twice. In all instances the rest of their classes were negative. They still had to self isolate for 7 days after the first negative test and had a second test seven days after the first negative one. One could only leave isolation after the second negative test.

All in all the measures were strict and logical and scientific.

Yet many people just did not follow them well enough (mask under chin or nose in closed spaces even when reminded by staff and eventually thrown out) and imho family gatherings and any large gatherings were allowed for too long.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad your country and many others are on top of this and keeping their people safe.

If you ever want to come Missy you can register to pick fruit!!! They will let you in if you pick fruit for them :lol:

I actually really really really would love to pick fruit if the commute wasn't so bad. Hubs and I are thinking that when he retires we can go and pick fruit during harvest season! Make extra money and fulfill a life long love (I really love fruit orchards, it's the third world farm girl in me. My very very early years were in a citrus farm.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ever want to come Missy you can register to pick fruit!!! They will let you in if you pick fruit for them :lol:

I actually really really really would love to pick fruit if the commute wasn't so bad. Hubs and I are thinking that when he retires we can go and pick fruit during harvest season! Make extra money and fulfill a life long love (I really love fruit orchards, it's the third world farm girl in me. My very very early years were in a citrus farm.)

That is a very tempting offer @mellowyellowgirl! Thank you. :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari thanks for that

When you reopened how many people were allowed at family/social gatherings?

Family gatherings were what did Victoria in as well. Sure the virus escaped hotel quarantine but it took off because of family gatherings.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari thanks for that

Family gatherings were what did Victoria in as well. Sure the virus escaped hotel quarantine but it took off because of family gatherings.

I'm not sure anymore... But I think it was unlimited at first, then 50.

Even now one can still do funerals with 30 people outside. One has to get an official paper to be able to travel there, though.

They are aware that there were many people left traumatized and IF everyone arrives in their own car and strictly stays outside with masks it might be safe. Let's hope people don't abuse this and don't hug etc..

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my test back and: This sample does not contain detectable SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies.

Well that sucks, but, lets me know what I suspected; that I got the placebo!

Also this pandemic is messing with Day of the Dead in Mexico. Tomorrow is All Saints Day which also will be impacted.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are back in quarantine another two weeks, our older son tested positive this morning.
Monday he went to the walk-in with a sore throat, white spots on the throat, they tested for strep and COVID. No fever, the sore throat cleared up after a few days. His strep test is negative, they did both a short and long test. Now he is totally fine.

At this rate we will be in quarantine the rest of the year!

Oh no @YadaYadaYada! His symptoms were like he had strep throat? I‘m glad he feels fine now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Bonfire I‘m sorry your daughter is sick...I hope she gets over it quickly. :(2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes and he has never had it in 13 years.... should have known.

This virus presents itself in every symptom imaginable. It’s crazy. I’m hoping that you all develop antibodies that will protect you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This virus presents itself in every symptom imaginable. It’s crazy. I’m hoping that you all develop antibodies that will protect you.

Thank you so much, I hope so too and it is an unpredictable virus with such a spectrum of symptoms.

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
@kipari thanks for that

Sure feeling grateful to be in Aus today!

Sending love and good wishes to all - especially those in the UK who are going into another lockdown.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so upset. My son, daughter in law, 3 year old grandson and his almost five months old brother were exposed by a “friend” outside during a socially distant Halloween parade for the little kids. All the parents took pains to have everyone keep a distance by putting chalk lines in the street. It was a private street with just a few families. They all wore masks most of the time but they were outside and pretty far apart...definitely more than six feet. One of the fathers just tested positive. His child is also in my grandson’s class. They shut the school down and my son and family have to isolate for two weeks...I’m praying they don’t get it. I was isolating at my other house in Maryland for two weeks (my husband works) so I could hold my five month old grandson for the first time on November 14. That’s not happening now. I’m just so worried for them. I want to cry.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, so sorry about this latest post about your family. My guess is even if they do get sick it may not be severe since they were outside and were socially distanced and wearing masks most of the time. That means any viral load would hopefully be pretty small.

When my DH got it he had been riding in a truck with a co-worker, neither of them wearing a mask (I was like how could you not remember to wear one, it’s like a condom, wear one every time!!!) and he was sick for two days, not severely sick and he has pre-existing conditions, he should have been severely ill but he wasn’t. The rest of us were all touching all the same things, he wasn’t isolated and my older son got a sore throat and a headache for a day.

All that to say that our experience should have been so much worse than it was. I am sending good wishes to your family that they don’t get sick and if they do, that they recover quickly with no lasting effects.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I'm so sorry about this! Try to keep in mind it was outdoors, everyone was far apart, and everyone had masks on. All of that makes me feel they are going to be ok. I know this is very worrying for you though. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping for the best. Hang in there. XX

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @YadaYadaYada You made me laugh about the condom reference...but you’re right! My husband forgets his mask sometimes so he keeps a spare in the car..
That makes sense about the viral load...

Thank you @junebug17 They were far apart except a few times. :roll:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good wishes to all those dealing with this in their families.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results