carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry @MamaBee!!

I hope you'll be holding him soon!!

Thank you @kipari I’m soooooo disappointed about not being able to see them and hold the baby...I’m so close to tears...I’m more worried at this point about them all getting it. You just never know how it will affect the person. I’m a wreck...truly..

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @kipari I’m soooooo disappointed about not being able to see them and hold the baby...I’m so close to tears...I’m more worried at this point about them all getting it. You just never know how it will affect the person. I’m a wreck...truly..

(((Hugs))) You have had a rotten time of this. I am so sorry.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hugs @MamaBee !! I can understand how disappointed you are.

It's normal to worry as well, just remember
It's unlikely they got it and even if : young and healthy adults and kids should be ok.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I’m so sorry. Hugs. Please try to stay calm and not get too worried. They were outside which is a really good thing. The risk is probably minuscule they have been infected. Do you plan on waiting a few weeks and then see your son and his family?

I still haven’t held my grand nephew that was born in August. I’ve seen them for 20 minutes social distancing wearing masks outside a couple times since the pandemic started.

My niece is having a baby tomorrow. I have no idea when I will see my niece, the baby and her 18 month old child now that cold weather is coming.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, I’m so sorry. Hugs. Please try to stay calm and not get too worried. They were outside which is a really good thing. The risk is probably minuscule they have been infected. Do you plan on waiting a few weeks and then see your son and his family?

I still haven’t held my grand nephew that was born in August. I’ve seen them for 20 minutes social distancing wearing masks outside a couple times since the pandemic started.

My niece is having a baby tomorrow. I have no idea when I will see my niece, the baby and her 18 month old child now that cold weather is coming.

Thank you @Calliecake No..My window will pass. I’m alternating every two weeks to lessen the risk with my husband working. Now I’m finding out their Pod isn’t really safe. One of the guys works..They all mingle together. Who knows if each couple is being safe. There’s four couples including my son and family. I think it will be December before I can make it back there...AND I wasn’t aware that there were wild cards that could also infect them...and then me. I’ll have to play it by ear. This darn COVID thing is getting REALLY old..
I hope you get to see your nieces and the new baby coming. I love babies when they’re all floppy and precious. At this point my grandson will be walking to me! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We can be wrecks together :((
Fingers crossed but I do think they’ll be fine from the Halloween event. Sorry about not holding the grand baby for awhile.

Thank you..I’ve never held him and he’s five months old. He doesn’t know who I am...:cry2: How is your daughter doing?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you..I’ve never held him and he’s five months old. He doesn’t know who I am...:cry2: How is your daughter doing?

I feel your pain. I couldn’t hold my new grand daughter for quite awhile after my double mastectomy. My daughter is struggling and feels lousy, but she’s fighting like a champ! I feel like I’m living an episode of The Twilight Zone.

ETA But at least I could see my grand baby so my heart aches for you. I hope they at least Face Time you even though it‘s not the same. Hugs!

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
how is your daughter feeling Bonfire? Are you doing ok?

I’m fine @Calliecake thanks so much for asking. Stress has been a big part of my life lately LOL! Thanks for asking about my girl though :wavey:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b @Karl_K @missy @Musia @KristyDarling @luv2sparkle and others that extended well wishes for my DD in the other thread, thank you! I didn’t want to hijack that thread anymore than I did.

I really appreciate the kind wishes! Covid 19 is a beast and doesn’t care about your age or your pre-existing health. It’s laid low a young and healthy (marathon runner) woman. She’s having a slow recovery but she’s recovering. I hope she continues in that trajectory. Thank you for the prayers, dust and good vibes!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain. I couldn’t hold my new grand daughter for quite awhile after my double mastectomy. My daughter is struggling and feels lousy, but she’s fighting like a champ! I feel like I’m living an episode of The Twilight Zone.

ETA But at least I could see my grand baby so my heart aches for you. I hope they at least Face Time you even though it‘s not the same. Hugs!

@Bonfire Thank you...I came here to check on your daughter..Somehow I missed this...I read in your other post that she is a marathon runner and it still is giving her a hard time. My son was a marathon runner. He’s starting to get his energy back. He got winded for a long time..TG she’s on the mend. Slow and steady...Big hugs

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I decided to go to see my son and family through the large window in the front of their house. November 14 I’ll be the crazy woman kissing the glass and looking crazy... I miss them so much...My three year old grandson told his mom that I was going to make him rainbow cupcakes. :lol: I don’t bake but I’m searching for an easy recipe that I can’t mess up!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bonfire Thank you...I came here to check on your daughter..Somehow I missed this...I read in your other post that she is a marathon runner and it still is giving her a hard time. My son was a marathon runner. He’s starting to get his energy back. He got winded for a long time..TG she’s on the mend. Slow and steady...Big hugs

Slow and steady...
wins the race, ;)2
Thank you MamaBee! I’ve thought a lot about your son and his battle. You gave me strength, hugs back at ya!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slow and steady...
wins the race, ;)2
Thank you MamaBee! I’ve thought a lot about your son and his battle. You gave me strength, hugs back at ya!

Haha You got my corny running reference! XO

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I decided to go to see my son and family through the large window in the front of their house. November 14 I’ll be the crazy woman kissing the glass and looking crazy... I miss them so much...My three year old grandson told his mom that I was going to make him rainbow cupcakes. :lol: I don’t bake but I’m searching for an easy recipe that I can’t mess up!

I love jello cake. These should be easy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so upset. My son, daughter in law, 3 year old grandson and his almost five months old brother were exposed by a “friend” outside during a socially distant Halloween parade for the little kids. All the parents took pains to have everyone keep a distance by putting chalk lines in the street. It was a private street with just a few families. They all wore masks most of the time but they were outside and pretty far apart...definitely more than six feet. One of the fathers just tested positive. His child is also in my grandson’s class. They shut the school down and my son and family have to isolate for two weeks...I’m praying they don’t get it. I was isolating at my other house in Maryland for two weeks (my husband works) so I could hold my five month old grandson for the first time on November 14. That’s not happening now. I’m just so worried for them. I want to cry.

Oh dear MammaBee
Im just catching up now
i get too scared to read this thread very often
I hope they will all be ok

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are back in quarantine another two weeks, our older son tested positive this morning.
Monday he went to the walk-in with a sore throat, white spots on the throat, they tested for strep and COVID. No fever, the sore throat cleared up after a few days. His strep test is negative, they did both a short and long test. Now he is totally fine.

At this rate we will be in quarantine the rest of the year!

How is your son today ?
And the rest of you ?
Take care Yada yada yada

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for asking @Daisys and Diamonds, we are all feeling fine. I am just so sick of being in quarantine. I’ve started telling people that I will see them next year because I don’t want to be exposed again and have to spend another two weeks in quarantine over and over :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for asking @Daisys and Diamonds, we are all feeling fine. I am just so sick of being in quarantine. I’ve started telling people that I will see them next year because I don’t want to be exposed again and have to spend another two weeks in quarantine over and over :lol-2:

Well at least you can yell at people that you are not spreading the virus !
How does quareteen work in your country?
You getting groceries ok ?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love jello cake. These should be easy.

@moneymeister These look easy! Thank you so much! I’m going to make these! I’ll take a pic after I make them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear MammaBee
Im just catching up now
i get too scared to read this thread very often
I hope they will all be ok

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds My daughter-in-law said she doesn’t feel great but thinks it may be because Noah, the five month old, is getting up all night. She may just be tired from that. Fingers crossed.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds quarantine is pretty much run on the honor system here, 14 days. Since DH has already had it and recovered he is able to go out and get stuff. I admit I didn’t mind him doing the grocery shopping!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a question..My son and family have been in quarantine since being exposed.
Today is the seventh day in. My son got the nasal swab on day five..no symptoms...He didn’t get the results back yet. He’s getting another one later. My daughter-in-law hasn’t been feeling well even before the exposure. She took a rapid test then and was negative. She was sniffly. She just feels tired and not great. She thinks it’s because the five month old is up all night. If my son is negative I’m going to go to see them and hold that baby on Sunday outside..which will be day 15. My grandson has been out of daycare during this time too. Would I be safe to go into their house? I know I sound pathetic.
I hope everyone is doing well this morning!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know when our post lady thought she’d been exposed @MamaBee, she was told to stay home and if she had no symptoms after 5 days, she could assume she hadn’t been infected.

The problem with the virus is that you can test negative one day, and get it the following day.

If you’ve all been effectively in quarantine for 15 days plus, you ’should’ be OK. If you’re really worried, you could all wear masks, I know it’s not an ideal situation, but if it makes you all feel safer, then it’s an option. BTW you’re not pathetic, we’re all worried because this is a scary time.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question..My son and family have been in quarantine since being exposed.
Today is the seventh day in. My son got the nasal swab on day five..no symptoms...He didn’t get the results back yet. He’s getting another one later. My daughter-in-law hasn’t been feeling well even before the exposure. She took a rapid test then and was negative. She was sniffly. She just feels tired and not great. She thinks it’s because the five month old is up all night. If my son is negative I’m going to go to see them and hold that baby on Sunday outside..which will be day 15. My grandson has been out of daycare during this time too. Would I be safe to go into their house? I know I sound pathetic.
I hope everyone is doing well this morning!

Can you give it one more week and have your son and DIL test again?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know when our post lady thought she’d been exposed @MamaBee, she was told to stay home and if she had no symptoms after 5 days, she could assume she hadn’t been infected.

The problem with the virus is that you can test negative one day, and get it the following day.

If you’ve all been effectively in quarantine for 15 days plus, you ’should’ be OK. If you’re really worried, you could all wear masks, I know it’s not an ideal situation, but if it makes you all feel safer, then it’s an option. BTW you’re not pathetic, we’re all worried because this is a scary time.

Thank you @Austina They will be in quarantine in the house for fifteen days before I would see them. Since my grandson goes to day care..and he’s been home with them all that time before I go...I’m thinking this would be a great opportunity. My daughter-in-law won’t be tested..just my son twice. He would go back into the house to finish the quarantine. XO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you give it one more week and have your son and DIL test again?

Thank you @House Cat My son will test twice but not my daughter-in-law or children. I would think if he tested negative they would as well. It will be fifteen days that they’ve been in the house.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @House Cat My son will test twice but not my daughter-in-law or children. I would think if he tested negative they would as well. It will be fifteen days that they’ve been in the house.

I wouldn’t go as long as anyone was symptomatic

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results