shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand how badly you want to go see the baby and family. Under these circumstances everyone should agree to wear masks while you are together in the house. Your DIL symptoms would give me pause.

eta. Rapid tests can give a false negative unless there is a high viral load at that time. I assume they followed it up with the long test as well?

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand how badly you want to go see the baby and family. Under these circumstances everyone should agree to wear masks while you are together in the house. Your DIL symptoms would give me pause.

eta. Rapid tests can give a false negative unless there is a high viral load at that time. I assume they followed it up with the long test as well?

My son took the nasal swab..He’ll get the results soon. He’s getting one more..closer to the end of quarantine...I think if I went in the house I wouldn’t wear a mask. I’m thinking as long as they’ve been in the house for fourteen days..without symptoms they should be okay..:think: They never had it..They were just near someone who later tested positive.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, If you go in the house, please wear the mask. People can be infected and not show any symptoms. Because DIL hasn’t been tested it is much safer to wear the mask. Have a wonderful time. I’m apologize if my words are coming across as preachy. It just seems so much safer to error on the side of caution now.

@Bonfire, I hope your daughter is feeling better and doing well. Your family is is in my thoughts.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One my of my close friends has it :cry: She lives in Kansas, works in a pharmacy, has been wearing a mask everywhere since April. She has her husband and her two kids. They are all getting tested but are assuming that they're all positive even if the tests are negative. Her symptoms seemed to just be allergy symptoms for a week until she lost her sense of smell and got a dry cough just last night.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
One my of my close friends has it :cry: She lives in Kansas, works in a pharmacy, has been wearing a mask everywhere since April. She has her husband and her two kids. They are all getting tested but are assuming that they're all positive even if the tests are negative. Her symptoms seemed to just be allergy symptoms for a week until she lost her sense of smell and got a dry cough just last night.

I’m sorry @Asscherhalo_lover I hope she has a mild case and feels better soon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, If you go in the house, please wear the mask. People can be infected and not show any symptoms. Because DIL hasn’t been tested it is much safer to wear the mask. Have a wonderful time. I’m apologize if my words are coming across as preachy. It just seems so much safer to error on the side of caution now.

@Bonfire, I hope your daughter is feeling better and doing well. Your family is is in my thoughts.

Thank you @Calliecake...You are definitely not being preachy. I appreciate your thoughts. I feel like this is my one time opportunity when my grandson has been out of daycare for two weeks...My son will get the nasal swab results soon. He’s getting another one on Friday but won’t be back in time for my visit on Sunday. My daughter-in-law said that there’s no way my son could be positive and they not have it...If he’s negative..the same. I’ll know what the results are from his second test after the visit. I’m just going to hope for the best and go in the house without a mask and hug and kiss my grandchildren. I have to make it last because after that we’re back to visiting outside the window.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee if your son’s test from last week comes back negative (praying it does) why would he need to test again on Friday? You said they’ve been quarantined for two weeks right? You won’t have the results before your visit anyway. Am I missing something?
I want you to experience the joy of holding your grand baby but why not just take that extra measure of precaution with everyone wearing masks? Wouldn’t that alleviate your extra concern?
I’m not judging what you do believe me. We are all navigating these scary and frustrating times the best we can. Dust for everyone in your family to stay well!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee if your son’s test from last week comes back negative (praying it does) why would he need to test again on Friday? You said they’ve been quarantined for two weeks right? You won’t have the results before your visit anyway. Am I missing something?
I want you to experience the joy of holding your grand baby but why not just take that extra measure of precaution with everyone wearing masks? Wouldn’t that alleviate your extra concern?
I’m not judging what you do believe me. We are all navigating these scary and frustrating times the best we can. Dust for everyone in your family to stay well!

Thank you @Bonfire My son will have the results from his first nasal swab test soon...before my visit..The one test is all most people get when they actually get the test for covid and they have symptoms. He never had symptoms.. but has been isolating with his whole family...The doctor gave him the option of having the second test at the end of quarantine which would be Friday evening..We‘re saying Saturday though. By the time I get there it will be fifteen days.
I can’t kiss the boys with a mask. Also, the baby has never seen my face other than on Facetime. I think he thinks his Nonna is a little face that lives in the phone..lol

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
Very late to this, so apologies! And this will be long and convoluted, so more apologies.

Am I worried about coronavirus itself? Somewhat. Clearly it is a bigger killer than seasonal flu. That said, the average age in the UK in terms of deaths is 82.4. And the vast majority of younger people who have died have underlying health conditions. For me, this has to be balanced against the cost of the restrictions put in place or lockdowns: in the UK, suicide is up, DV is up, depression is massively up, as is anxiety, and it looks like in 1-3 years we are going to see a LOT of additional deaths from cancer due to GP surgery shut downs/difficulty getting referred/fear of venturing out/etc. I am even more concerned learning that doctors are going to be diverted away to administer vaccines.

My parents are 70, my mum has a lung condition. I get the worry. But, my parents are making choices to stay safe: they are not having prolonged contact with anyone unless it's outdoors and 2m away; they are getting the bulk of groceries delivered; etc. I feel like the vulnerable need to be protected, but not the majority.

I have had COVID twice. The first time it was like a mild flu; the second, like a cold. Unfortunately, the self isolation and the lockdown measures have severely exacerbated my depression, anxiety, and CFS. The self isolation was particularly awful due to constant harassment from the NHS test and trace system.

There is more to COVID than the deaths. We NEED to look at the bigger picture.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had COVID twice

Oh my goodness @barbie86 I am very relieved you are A OK after going through Covid 19 twice! I am sorry your depression was worsened and you felt harassed by the tracing system and by the NHS. I can absolutely see where that adds to the stress and anxiety and feeling of isolation. :(

Do you know how/where you got Covid 19? And did you treat it with anything but supportive therapy?

Hope your parents remain well. That is a major stress for many of us.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very late to this, so apologies! And this will be long and convoluted, so more apologies.

Am I worried about coronavirus itself? Somewhat. Clearly it is a bigger killer than seasonal flu. That said, the average age in the UK in terms of deaths is 82.4. And the vast majority of younger people who have died have underlying health conditions. For me, this has to be balanced against the cost of the restrictions put in place or lockdowns: in the UK, suicide is up, DV is up, depression is massively up, as is anxiety, and it looks like in 1-3 years we are going to see a LOT of additional deaths from cancer due to GP surgery shut downs/difficulty getting referred/fear of venturing out/etc. I am even more concerned learning that doctors are going to be diverted away to administer vaccines.

My parents are 70, my mum has a lung condition. I get the worry. But, my parents are making choices to stay safe: they are not having prolonged contact with anyone unless it's outdoors and 2m away; they are getting the bulk of groceries delivered; etc. I feel like the vulnerable need to be protected, but not the majority.

I have had COVID twice. The first time it was like a mild flu; the second, like a cold. Unfortunately, the self isolation and the lockdown measures have severely exacerbated my depression, anxiety, and CFS. The self isolation was particularly awful due to constant harassment from the NHS test and trace system.

There is more to COVID than the deaths. We NEED to look at the bigger picture.

Did you test positive twice?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaaaand my being personally worried about Covid went up a notch.

The lockdown measures I France are working -as in fewer new infections.

But the wave of hospitalisations from the spike that lead to lockdowntwo weeks ago are getting into the ICUs now, as expected.

We were at 92.5 % of ICU capacity Tuesday. Yesterday was a bank holiday. Today were at 95% .

That's..... Not great. And the beds that are free are evidently not where the most cases are.

Two of the people I wrote about as "several people we know on ventilator"... died last week .
One attention 49 y/o, one attention 75.

At only a handful of beds in ICU available the lockdown makes sense even from a " less traffic, less dangerous sports , no partying = less dangerous drunk behavior " -perspective.

Stay safe, stay out if hospital at all cost!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The self isolation was particularly awful due to constant harassment from the NHS test and trace system.

From my perspective, you are fortunate to have a functioning test and trace system. Our county health administrator announced yesterday that their contact tracers are overwhelmed and unable to keep up due to the increases in cases here. Their focus will be on contact tracing for elder care homes and those 65 yrs of age and older and he said they'll have a hard time even keeping up with that.

It's quite a nasty cycle isn't it -- multiple avenues of stress between worrying about getting covid to the stress associated with all the stuff that happens if one does get it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished up a phone call with my dad. My mother and my sister decided it was a great idea to go to Branson, MO to go to a concert. A.Flippin.Concert.:oops2::roll2: Indoors mind you. And neither one of them have any reason to be there considering one has leukemia, and the other has lupus.

My mother didn't tell me thats what she was going to do, because she knows I would have given her the business. My sister...gahhh.... but why am I not so surprised because they're 2 peas in a effin pod.

But the sheer effin stupidity!!!! They know better!! But they have the mentality of "youcaintellmewhatdahdo"

I will probably not have any discussions with them for a while because I will say some isht that I will not take back.

Covid numbers are rising in Missouri and they'll probably catch it and die. WITAF were they thinking?

And my father wasn't supposed to tell me according to him, but it slipped out.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just finished up a phone call with my dad. My mother and my sister decided it was a great idea to go to Branson, MO to go to a concert. A.Flippin.Concert.:oops2::roll2: Indoors mind you. And neither one of them have any reason to be there considering one has leukemia, and the other has lupus.

My mother didn't tell me thats what she was going to do, because she knows I would have given her the business. My sister...gahhh.... but why am I not so surprised because they're 2 peas in a effin pod.

But the sheer effin stupidity!!!! They know better!! But they have the mentality of "youcaintellmewhatdahdo"

I will probably not have any discussions with them for a while because I will say some isht that I will not take back.

Covid numbers are rising in Missouri and they'll probably catch it and die. WITAF were they thinking?

OMG @Arcadian I’ve been to Branson. We lived in St. Louis for a while. I‘m so surprised they actually held a concert during Covid. I hope they will be okay. :pray:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
yes. im still super concerned.

with numerous countries shutting down, once again. infection spikes, globally, it doesn't bode well. in the past, without the current health crisis, autumn and winter season reduces many to the sniffles, coughs, sneezes, colds and flu. now compound that with covid.

additional freezer arrived today. im intending to reduce our weekly grocery trips to twice a month or less. im hoping to reduce the rate of exposure

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gahhhhh :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I feel you @Arcadian ... This would make mehr go:wall::wall::wall: as well.. Sorry you have to deal with this

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to apologize for the rant last night which is not my norm. I had to put my sister on a time out on facebook. her and that "I gotta live my life, I can't live in fear bullisht...." :roll: I told her that if she's feeling that way I should have kept my damn money because I gave her huge stacks to help her battle leukemia. and yes I called her a dumb mother:angryfire:ucker.

And while I'm pissed, the reality is yes, I can't do anything about their stupidity. What gets me is how soon they forget that they were just this year mourning those who died in our family from covid. I guess selective memory!

The good is that this board keeps me from cursing a blue moon. there's be all kinds of starred out words...lol

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stepdaughter just had a baby. Yay us! She’s allowing everyone to see the baby, no social distancing, no 14 day quarantine, no masks.

I am mortified. I am also very disappointed because that means that we can’t hold our grandchild due to my husband being high risk

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stepdaughter just had a baby. Yay us! She’s allowing everyone to see the baby, no social distancing, no 14 day quarantine, no masks.

I am mortified. I am also very disappointed because that means that we can’t hold our grandchild due to my husband being high risk

:oops2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My stepdaughter just had a baby. Yay us! She’s allowing everyone to see them, no social distancing, no 14 day quarantine, no masks.

OMG..I’m so sorry....I’m speechless..Can you guys be the first ones there? Have they already had people over?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG..I’m so sorry....I’m speechless..Can you guys be the first ones there? Have they already had people over?

We thought we were going to be the first ones. They told us as much when they were in the hospital with the baby. The next thing we knew, there were photos on social media of the baby being held by relatives that we know aren’t social distancing, no masks. Sigh.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to apologize for the rant last night which is not my norm. I had to put my sister on a time out on facebook. her and that "I gotta live my life, I can't live in fear bullisht...." :roll: I told her that if she's feeling that way I should have kept my damn money because I gave her huge stacks to help her battle leukemia. and yes I called her a dumb mother:angryfire:ucker.

And while I'm pissed, the reality is yes, I can't do anything about their stupidity. What gets me is how soon they forget that they were just this year mourning those who died in our family from covid. I guess selective memory!

The good is that this board keeps me from cursing a blue moon. there's be all kinds of starred out words...lol
Don’t apologize. Their behavior is alarming. I would be so worried.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We thought we were going to be the first ones. They told us as much when they were in the hospital with the baby. The next thing we knew, there were photos on social media of the baby being held by relatives that we know aren’t social distancing, no masks. Sigh.

@House Cat I don’t understand it at all. I actually came on here to rant a little...It’s nothing like what you have going on....but I’m so frustrated that people are acting like everything is normal.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to pick up my groceries at Sam’s Club this afternoon. They just put them in the back of the car...so no contact. I decided to drive through Main Street in town on the way home. I did a double take because people were out all over the sidewalks and streets. There was absolutely no social distancing...Most people didn’t wear masks. This is a historic town so we get lots of visitors. It looked like a summer day with hundreds of people everywhere. I can take a lot but I wanted to scream..I’m just so frustrated...I want to cry..

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As frustrating as this is for us to experience, our healthcare workers are on the brink Of full out exhaustion. People aren’t listening! Our numbers are skyrocketing and the number of hospital beds are fast becoming unavailable. The toll this takes on our doctors, nurses and first responders is immeasurable. Folks are dying by the thousands a day, WAKE UP PEOPLE

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results