• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You, and 14 who won't stand in front of a fast-moving train.

Kenny, I just had my heart scanned today. We'll see if I die from an heart attack first or from Covid. Covid is hitting the vaccinated now, so you aren't as protected as you may think. Again, I'm not against the vaccination people should take the jab, but not all people can for different reasons.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I just had my heart scanned today. We'll see if I die from an heart attack first or from Covid. Covid is hitting the vaccinated now, so you aren't as protected as you may think. Again, I'm not against the vaccination people should take the jab, but not all people can for different reasons.

DF, no worries.
The "fast-moving train" I was referring to was us PS liberals. :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, no worries.
The "fast-moving train" I was referring to was us PS liberals. :)
Kenny, I would like to come and visit you. Would you be afraid of me? I wanna give you a big hug.. :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I would like to come and visit you. Would you be afraid of me? I wanna give you a big hug.. :bigsmile:

How do you know I won't drug you and do brain surgery on you to turn you into a flaming liberal?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Dancing Fire I hope your heart scan goes well….with a good result.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you know I won't drug you and do brain surgery on you to turn you into a flaming liberal?
Kenny
On second thoughts I better not come to visit you. I just came back from a mask less bar...:silenced:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nationally, it's basically an IQ test now.

That is an untrue and inflammatory statement! Just wow!! Talk about divisiveness. SMH.
I know quite a few non-vaccinated people and they are actually quite intelligent thankyouverymuch!
Not everyone feels comfortable/safe taking a shot that is not approved, not to mention the fact that the manufacturers of such vaccines are immune from any liability. That is scary.
I am vaccinated myself, but do understand the reticence in some.

ETA I am sometimes so surprised at the hostility and arrogance of some posters on PS. Makes me want to stay away tbh

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an untrue and inflammatory statement! Just wow!! Talk about divisiveness. SMH.
I know quite a few non-vaccinated people and they are actually quite intelligent thankyouverymuch!
Not everyone feels comfortable/safe taking a shot that is not approved, not to mention the fact that the manufacturers of such vaccines are immune from any liability. That is scary.

ETA I am sometimes so surprised at the hostility and arrogance of some posters on PS. Makes me want to stay away tbh

Ditto this. I and my entire family are vaccinated but statements about IQ and such do absolutely nothing except harm. Remember deplorables? It became a badge of honor. I am so shocked that people bash others knowing absolutely nothing about them. Putting all non-vaccinated in the same basket is completely unfair.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is nothing new. This had been going on for many yrs now if you aren't with the herd (especially on political topics) they'll gang up on you!. Ask me how I know...:lol:

Please don't leave. We need more people with common sense like you on PS.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto this. I and my entire family are vaccinated but statements about IQ and such do absolutely nothing except harm. Remember deplorables?
Yes, I'm one of them...:praise:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, @Dancing Fire thanks! I really hesitate to participate in these threads because I really do like the people and bling on PS. I just couldn’t let that go, rubbed me the wrong way, so I had to reply. I’ll stay around until I’m chased out!! :lol:
Thank you @Gussie , @JrJ @kadean @canuk-gal and @MamaBear I really appreciate the support. We have enough divisiveness in the world right now, we don’t need name calling, labels and generalizations. It hurts us all…
Peace

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ETA I am sometimes so surprised at the hostility and arrogance of some posters on PS.

This is certainly the right forum for pearl-clutching :cool2:.

My arrogance? Imagine, if you will, the arrogance of ignoring all the mountains of data and universal opinion of medical and scientific experts and instead relying upon one's "private research" (i.e., Facebook-scrolling on the toilet).

And all these super-savvy consumers of the media and medical literature miraculously make their way to the hospital the instant they are sick. All the stupid, greedy, sheep-like, group-think, drank-the-Kool-Aid, good-for-nothing doctors suddenly seem like a good idea?! Why does this happen every. single. time? Oh, and why are 96% of physicians vaccinated? Dummies, all :P2.

Even on this thread, one of you wants well-wishes for his (?her) upcoming medical procedure. Why not just Google it or see what the MyPillow guy thinks or ask Tucker to do a segment on it? Why in the world would you trust the medical establishment for anything ever after this COVID vaccine betrayal?

At this point, I am no longer worried about the willfully unvaccinated dying quietly in their trailers as long as CPS places their kids in a loving, fact-believing home. The hospitals are so full of unvaccinated COVID that almost no non-COVID medical care can take place. Please drive carefully!

I draw a sharp line between this and other self-destructive pathologies like tobacco and alcohol abuse and injection drug use. At least they wish they could quit and they hate what their addiction is doing to their body (and their family). We do our very best for these folks even though they will smoke and drink (and shoot) again.

I know that not all vaccinated folks are super-bright but, on the converse, I honestly do not know one single bright person who is unvaccinated. And I am not talking about "education." "Questioning authority" is a character trait; whether it is wise or unwise depends entirely upon the authority one is questioning.

The same "merchants of doubt" (look for the excellent book of that title) have been getting rich and fooling the poor for personal and political gain and stoking class warfare for over half a century. (See the "deplorables mug" above for evidence of just how effective they have been -- ignorance is a badge of honor now in the country that once embraced, won, and celebrated the space race.) Lead paint, DDT, asbestos, ozone hole (remember that?), fossil fuels, climate change...and now COVID vaccination. (EDIT: forgot the second-biggest -- tobacco!)

The grown-ups are just so very tired of you and your gullibility.

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is certainly the right forum for pearl-clutching :cool2:.

My arrogance? Imagine, if you will, the arrogance of ignoring all the mountains of data and universal opinion of medical and scientific experts and instead relying upon one's "private research" (i.e., Facebook-scrolling on the toilet).

And all these super-savvy consumers of the media and medical literature miraculously make their way to the hospital the instant they are sick. All the stupid, greedy, sheep-like, group-think, drank-the-Kool-Aid, good-for-nothing doctors suddenly seem like a good idea?! Why does this happen every. single. time? Oh, and why are 96% of physicians vaccinated? Dummies, all :P2.

Even on this thread, one of you wants well-wishes for his (?her) upcoming medical procedure. Why not just Google it or see what the MyPillow guy thinks or ask Tucker to do a segment on it? Why in the world would you trust the medical establishment for anything ever after this COVID vaccine betrayal?

At this point, I am no longer worried about the willfully unvaccinated dying quietly in their trailers as long as CPS places their kids in a loving, fact-believing home. The hospitals are so full of unvaccinated COVID that almost no non-COVID medical care can take place. Please drive carefully!

I draw a sharp line between this and other self-destructive pathologies like tobacco and alcohol abuse and injection drug use. At least they wish they could quit and they hate what their addiction is doing to their body (and their family). We do our very best for these folks even though they will smoke and drink (and shoot) again.

I know that not all vaccinated folks are super-bright but, on the converse, I honestly do not know one single bright person who is unvaccinated. And I am not talking about "education." "Questioning authority" is a character trait; whether it is wise or unwise depends entirely upon the authority one is questioning.

The same "merchants of doubt" (look for the excellent book of that title) have been getting rich and fooling the poor for personal and political gain and stoking class warfare for over half a century. (See the "deplorables mug" above for evidence of just how effective they have been -- ignorance is a badge of honor now in the country that once embraced, won, and celebrated the space race.) Lead paint, DDT, asbestos, ozone hole (remember that?), fossil fuels, climate change...and now COVID vaccination. (EDIT: forgot the second-biggest -- tobacco!)

The grown-ups are just so very tired of you and your gullibility.

I think the point is that anger and condescension are not helping. The more the vaccinated use this type of argument the less likely the unvaccinated are going to change their mind.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the point is that anger and condescension are not helping. The more the vaccinated use this type of argument the less likely the unvaccinated are going to change their mind.

I've seen this response in other fora a zillion times and it is the dumbest response I've ever seen. Someone getting angry at people or condescending to them is going to make the vaccine hesitant dig in their heels and stubbornly refuse a jab that could save their lives or prevent serious illness? Cutting off their noses to spite their faces won't help them breathe any better. Sheesh.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen this response in other fora a zillion times and it is the dumbest response I've ever seen. Someone getting angry at people or condescending to them is going to make the vaccine hesitant dig in their heels and stubbornly refuse a jab that could save their lives or prevent serious illness? Cutting off their noses to spite their faces won't help them breathe any better. Sheesh.

I didn't say it was a logical response just that it is a typical response. I know lots of people like that.

ETA - When has condescension ever worked to sway minds?

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"private research" (i.e., Facebook-scrolling on the toilet).

unvaccinated dying quietly in their trailers

Wow! You certainly are firmly on your high horse aren’t you? G_d forbid someone have a difference of opinion?! You are definitely not worth my time or aggravation with your rabid, sanctimonious reply.
Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit because I said I am vaccinated. You are now on ignore. Peace. I’m out!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong suit because I said I am vaccinated. You are now on ignore. Peace. I’m out!

You have been ignoring me for years -- what's changed? :lol-2:

I did not say you were unvaccinated; you are simply an apologist for the unvaccinated. Different label; same impact. Perhaps even worse -- like many of the right's political leadership. Quietly got their vaccines (;)2) and now champion your right to do your own research :P2.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When has condescension ever worked to sway minds?

I have no idea. What hasn't worked is appeal to morals and ethics, science based fact, proof of vaccine efficacy, pleading, rationalizing, and other forms of polite discourse which is one reason why rational discussion has stopped and devolved into name calling and other forms of insults. Nothing seems to work which is a primary driver in those who have tossed their hands in the air and stopped caring about the unvaccinated who become ill and/or die.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Matata, and LilAlex.

They say you catch more bees with honey.
But these bees vary, and honey has already caught all it can, yet a third of American adults are still not vaccinated.
Too many people are still dying.

How many needless deaths will it take for saving lives to pwn being polite?
1 million?
10 million?
100 million?
IMO 621,000 is enough.

It's now time for tactics that are less pretty and PC.
Time for some tough love.

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea. What hasn't worked is appeal to morals and ethics, science based fact, proof of vaccine efficacy, pleading, rationalizing, and other forms of polite discourse which is one reason why rational discussion has stopped and devolved into name calling and other forms of insults. Nothing seems to work which is a primary driver in those who have tossed their hands in the air and stopped caring about the unvaccinated who become ill and/or die.

Regardless, lumping them all together as stupid trailer park trash isn't helpful. That elitist attitude is a big reason why we're where we are. I have a ranch in NW Arkansas and I know a lot of people that aren't vaccinated. I really try to listen to their reasoning while gently pointing out the need for mass vaccinations. I think I even convinced a couple of them. I can promise you that had I called them stupid hillbillies and made fun of them for their ignorance, they not only wouldn't have gotten the shot but I would have gotten a well deserved shot between my eyes.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regardless, lumping them all together as stupid trailer park trash isn't helpful. That elitist attitude is a big reason why we're where we are. I have a ranch in NW Arkansas and I know a lot of people that aren't vaccinated. I really try to listen to their reasoning while gently pointing out the need for mass vaccinations. I think I even convinced a couple of them. I can promise you that had I called them stupid hillbillies and made fun of them for their ignorance, they not only wouldn't have gotten the shot but I would have gotten a well deserved shot between my eyes.

Keep up the good work. Anecdotal examples of individuals converting the vaccine hesitant are good for the soul. Dealing with a global pandemic, unfortunately, doesn't give us time to do one-on-one work to the level where it makes a difference in numbers of ill and dead. Your last sentence is a testament to why we need stronger gun control.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep up the good work. Anecdotal examples of individuals converting the vaccine hesitant are good for the soul. Dealing with a global pandemic, unfortunately, doesn't give us time to do one-on-one work to the level where it makes a difference in numbers of ill and dead. Your last sentence is a testament to why we need stronger gun control.

I'm pretty sure discussion on a diamond forum probably isn't helping much either.

Also, a shot between the eyes refers to a punch, not a gun.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie, Do you think telling someone they are risking their life and the lives of others is the same thing as calling them stupid or ignorant?
Why would pointing out the truth be deserving of a shot between the eyes? How is stating facts and being concerned about everyone’s well being considered elitist?

If the unvaccinated were unable to spread the virus to others then it would be a personal choice. When your choice has the possibility of causing others to be seriously ill or die then it is no longer just about you. Scientists and epidemiologists have been telling us for a year that we need the vaccine.

It’s been my experience that most who refuse to take the vaccine are also against mask wearing. if people are so selfish that they can’t think of anyone but themselves why should everyone placate and coddle them? They clearly have no regard for others? How much more are we going to put our doctors, nurses and first responders thru. Don’t even get me started on those who work in grocery stores and aren’t even making a living wage who have put their lives in danger everyday for everyone by showing up for work.

I also am fully aware that there are some people who for medical reasons can’t take the vaccine. This is yet another reason why those who can, should get the vaccine. It’s about taking care of each other.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure discussion on a diamond forum probably isn't helping much either.

I'm probably wrong, but I never thought discussion about this topic here was done in the spirit of changing minds but rather releasing pent up emotion and even deliberating beating up on each other. Cheap therapy for some and a substitute for political discussion ban for others.

I agree with you that the toxicity inherent in these discussions isn't helpful.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie, Do you think telling someone they are risking their life and the lives of others is the same thing as calling them stupid or ignorant?
Why would pointing out the truth be deserving of a shot between the eyes? How is stating facts and being concerned about everyone’s well being considered elitist?

If the unvaccinated were unable to spread the virus to others then it would be a personal choice. When your choice has the possibility of causing others to be seriously ill or die then it is no longer just about you. Scientists and epidemiologists have been telling us for a year that we need the vaccine.

It’s been my experience that most who refuse to take the vaccine are also against mask wearing. if people are so selfish that they can’t think of anyone but themselves why should everyone placate and coddle them? They clearly have no regard for others? How much more are we going to put our doctors, nurses and first responders thru. Don’t even get me started on those who work in grocery stores and aren’t even making a living wage who have put their lives in danger everyday for everyone by showing up for work.

I also am fully aware that there are some people who for medical reasons can’t take the vaccine. This is yet another reason why those who can, should get the vaccine. It’s about taking care of each other.

I think you might have misunderstood me. I think explaining to them the risks of being unvaccinated (both to themselves and others) is fine and should definitelybe done. I think that using anger and condescension when explaining it to them is harmful. Stating facts is fine and definitely not elitist. Belittling them is not ok and is elitist. And it doesn't work.

As for mask wearing, I don't think they see it as being selfish. They genuinely believe masks don't work or that covid isn't that bad. The misinformation is staggering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results