Votes: 174 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 9.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well NZ is 120th in the world for vacination of population
Can't say more due to political discussions being banned mind you i quite like the Aussie PM and their vacination rates were not good either

so thats why we have to close up shop and twiddle our thumbs at home while we worry if any one will get really sick and die

To people who are scared or otherwise weary of the vacine all i would say is just have a chat with your doctor and talk over your concerns with him/her

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hate that @LilAlex brought "y'all" into this. That's some discriminatory bs.

Here's some more "bs" for y'all, @monarch64.

It's from this morning and from a publication you will not see so I am putting it here.

Stay safe!

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 7.42.30 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As of today, there are no ICU beds available in my county and the county directly north. Oregon is projecting to be short 400-500 hospital beds by Labor Day. Every day on the news, doctors and nurses beg for people to mask up, physically distance, and get vaccinated to flatten the curve. They are considering instituting triage. One hospital in my town has 65 staff out with covid. Our cases are 1500% higher than during the first wave and first surge.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
As of today, there are no ICU beds available in my county and the county directly north. Oregon is projecting to be short 400-500 hospital beds by Labor Day. Every day on the news, doctors and nurses beg for people to mask up, physically distance, and get vaccinated to flatten the curve. They are considering instituting triage. One hospital in my town has 65 staff out with covid. Our cases are 1500% higher than during the first wave and first surge.

Delta is no joke. I live in a place where roughly 75% of eligible people are fully vaccinated and we saw 70 ish new ICU admissions over the last two days. It doesn’t sound like a lot, but if we hit 600 ish covid admissions we cancel surgeries and 900 pushes us to military triage protocols.

Roughly 90% of admissions are unvaccinated.

A doctor friend expects delta to run through classes like chickenpox even with mask mandates and told me to get appointments taken care of now because a month from now will be dire. This even with our higher vaccination rate and masking.

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surely vaccinated. Both sons and I got Pfizer, husband got Moderna.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well NZ is 120th in the world for vacination of population
Can't say more due to political discussions being banned mind you i quite like the Aussie PM and their vacination rates were not good either

so thats why we have to close up shop and twiddle our thumbs at home while we worry if any one will get really sick and die

To people who are scared or otherwise weary of the vacine all i would say is just have a chat with your doctor and talk over your concerns with him/her

Hehe we're fearless here now after the outbreak!!!! The younguns are resorting to walking into pharmacies and getting AZ!!! For the good of the State!

I told hubby he's my forever hero because he got AZ and has been as cool as a cucumber about it.

It's actually really interesting what affects people mentally. Hubby believes in science so he's completely unrattled by AZ. On the other hand when he gets bitten by an insect he always catastrophizes it......starts imagining it was spiders and what not!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe we're fearless here now after the outbreak!!!! The younguns are resorting to walking into pharmacies and getting AZ!!! For the good of the State!

I told hubby he's my forever hero because he got AZ and has been as cool as a cucumber about it.

It's actually really interesting what affects people mentally. Hubby believes in science so he's completely unrattled by AZ. On the other hand when he gets bitten by an insect he always catastrophizes it......starts imagining it was spiders and what not!!!

Some times i wish i had done anthropology at varsity because humans are an intetesting lot

i did have a huge spaz when a ginornomouse cockroach tried to follow me inside just before

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geeez, I had no idea what happens to people on ventilators until I read a detailed article in the paper today. Nightmarish stuff. I just updated my Advance Directive to ensure that if I get covid I won't be intubated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geeez, I had no idea what happens to people on ventilators until I read a detailed article in the paper today. Nightmarish stuff. I just updated my Advance Directive to ensure that if I get covid I won't be intubated.

Good move.
We put that into our advanced directives as well.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Matata @missy Do you have a link? I’m sorry if it’s already been posted somewhere.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata @missy Do you have a link? I’m sorry if it’s already been posted somewhere.

I don’t know the link Matata is referring to but over twenty years ago when Greg and I made up our wills and advanced directives neither of us wanted to be put on ventilators or to go above and beyond if we were that far gone. I know everyone is different and I don’t judge other’s choices. This was ours.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t know the link Matata is referring to but over twenty years ago when Greg and I made up our wills and advanced directives neither of us wanted to be put on ventilators or to go above and beyond if we were that far gone. I know everyone is different and I don’t judge other’s choices. This was ours.

I love seeing people talking about advanced directives. I'm a former (at heart will always be) hospice/palliative care RN and an advanced care planning facilitator. It makes me really happy to think how my hospice mentor (rest her soul) would smile seeing this conversation

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no
we totally forgot it was Saturday (its only the 4th day of lockdown)
Gary is 40min late for his 2nd vacination
He has mask on and has gone in
today is 4 weeks since his first one so we are trying to remain positively
But naturally we couldn't get through to anyone on the phone

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a link? I’m sorry if it’s already been posted somewhere.
It was an article in my local paper this a.m. Online subscription so I've copied the relevant info re: ventilators below:

You’re given drugs to deeply sedate you and paralyze your muscles, a ventilator tube is snaked down your throat and your eyes are taped shut so you don’t scratch your corneas while you lie for 16 hours a day on your belly in the intensive care unit.

One catheter collects the urine from your body, while a rectal catheter catches diarrhea.

Nurses try to regularly reposition your ventilator equipment so you don’t get bed sores on your face. As your body fills with fluids, you bloat and become unrecognizable.

Your fingers and toes turn black as your tissues die.

“You get swollen hands and feet when you spend that much time on your belly,” Eckroth said. “Your face gets swollen. You end up with cuts on your lips from the tubes. The medications for blood pressure, if you get that sick and we have to use massive doses of those, it can turn your fingers and toes black.”

If people were left conscious while on a ventilator, they would fight to breathe against the machine. They have to be deeply sedated and are often given drugs to paralyze their muscles. They can’t blink or close their eyes on their own, McEwan said.

“We tape their eyes closed so their eyeballs don’t get scratches on them,” she said.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no
we totally forgot it was Saturday (its only the 4th day of lockdown)
Gary is 40min late for his 2nd vacination
He has mask on and has gone in
today is 4 weeks since his first one so we are trying to remain positively
But naturally we couldn't get through to anyone on the phone

Phew
They had given away his slot but he came out 40min latter with the i am vacinated sticker on his jersey and the card of proof in his wallet

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was an article in my local paper this a.m. Online subscription so I've copied the relevant info re: ventilators below:

You’re given drugs to deeply sedate you and paralyze your muscles, a ventilator tube is snaked down your throat and your eyes are taped shut so you don’t scratch your corneas while you lie for 16 hours a day on your belly in the intensive care unit.

One catheter collects the urine from your body, while a rectal catheter catches diarrhea.

Nurses try to regularly reposition your ventilator equipment so you don’t get bed sores on your face. As your body fills with fluids, you bloat and become unrecognizable.

“You get swollen hands and feet when you spend that much time on your belly,” Eckroth said. “Your face gets swollen. You end up with cuts on your lips from the tubes. The medications for blood pressure, if you get that sick and we have to use massive doses of those, it can turn your fingers and toes black.”

If people were left conscious while on a ventilator, they would fight to breathe against the machine. They have to be deeply sedated and are often given drugs to paralyze their muscles. They can’t blink or close their eyes on their own, McEwan said.

“We tape their eyes closed so their eyeballs don’t get scratches on them,” she said.

Horrific! If I was an anti-vaxxer reading this would send me running for my vax!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Omg @Matata This is the scariest description I’ve heard…Thank you for letting me read it..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary is feeling fine this morning - got up at 5am after a very early night
i guess that means his immune system is shot

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This makes me ill @Matata . A good friend of my son is in intensive care and was just put on a ventilator due to Covid. He was fully vaccinated. Makes me sick to think what he is going thru.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A freind in Yorkshire just posted this on my Bruce Springsteen forum

A nurse has issued a warning against coronavirus misinformation after her anti-vaxxer mother died of the disease aged just 57.
Amy Crosby said her mother Geraldine Mount, who had no pre-existing health conditions, passed away from the virus at the same hospital where she has been working on the vaccine rollout.
In a Twitter post on Thursday, the 34-year-old nurse, who works at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough, admitted that her relationship with her mother had become “strained” in the past 18 months due to her belief that the virus didn’t exist.
Amy said she was sharing the post in the hope it may prevent others from falling prey to dangerous misinformation around coronavirus and vaccines.
She wrote: “We have had a strained relationship over the last 18 months and some of this was due to her beliefs that Covid-19 isn’t real and that vaccines are dangerous.
“Today in hospital she died of complications caused by Covid, she spent the last month of her life without any family around her and her last memories were of sheer terror at having to be intubated and not knowing if she would wake up.
“As a nurse whose been working on the Covid vaccine rollout at the same hospital she died at today, I can’t tell you how painful this preventable loss is for our family.
“If any good can come from this, it is that hopefully in sharing her story and our pain, even just one person with these ludicrous dangerous beliefs can rethink, reconsider sharing this warped ‘evidence’ and get the vaccine to prevent their families having to go through what we are now.
“I will be eternally thankful for the staff of James Cook Hospital who battled so desperately to save her. You are all heroes.”
She finished her message by writing: “Good night Mam, I love you and will remember the happier times, I hope you are at peace now.”
Around 87.4 per cent of British adults have received at least one coronavirus jab, and some 76.4 per cent are now fully vaccinated.
It follows the story of Leslie Lawrenson, a healthy 58-year-old who died from the virus after refusing to get vaccinated. Leslie, from Bournemouth, died at his home on July 2 after downplaying his symptoms and denying he needed to go to hospital.
His long-term partner Amanda Mitchell, 56, who was severely ill with the virus at the time, said he believed the vaccines were too “experimental” and put his family at risk.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results