Votes: 174 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 18 9.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My parents were the first in the family to get vaccinated. They had their fears with some side effects (especially mum feeling poorly and flu-ish for well over a week), but the whole family is now vaccinated.

Most of my colleagues are too. Surprisingly, a small handful of them (young folks in their 20s and early 30s) prefer not to at this point, citing unknown effects of vaccination.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This T shirt + a mask = Ex. for social distancing. No one will come near you in public.

1628031599406.png

I hope you are wearing one! What is you daughter going to do? Quit her job?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are wearing one! What is you daughter going to do? Quit her job?
I'm sure she'll take the vaccine now unless you wanna support her. :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m vaccinated so I hope she does.

She don't have a choice now. Is ok b/c I don't think she is going to have any more kids.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got my first dose in January, when there was fear that some doses might go to waste if people didn’t take them. Then there was the fear that the second doses may not come in a timely manner… it’s crazy how quickly things change.

We have all three brands in this house— I got Moderna, husband for J&J, and the 13-, 16-, and 17-year-olds all got Pfizer.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, They now have a mask mandate in place in the state I live in for Nursing Homes, school K-12 and I believe hospitals, I so hope your state outs a mask mandate in place.

I hope so @Calliecake! I heard that employers are afraid that if they mandate it then the nurses and health care workers will walk off the job. If enough employers do then they won’t have any place to go for another job! Crossing fingers and toes it happens here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard that employers are afraid that if they mandate it then the nurses and health care workers will walk off the job. If enough employers do then they won’t have any place to go for another job! Crossing fingers and toes it happens here.

@MamaBee
I just added post #34 to the coronavirus update thread…it’s looking hopeful. Fingers and toes crossed.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I’m crossing my fingers and toes for your mom too. The state I live in is getting all sorts of negative comments from parents of children in grades K-12 for putting a statewide mask mandate in place. Some of the parents they interviewed on TV are awful. One parent said she told her son to take his mask off in class. How could any parent not want what is best for all the children in the class especially now that we are hearing the new strain is affecting children?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, I’m crossing my fingers and toes for your mom too. The state I live in is getting all sorts of negative comments from parents of children in grades K-12 for putting a statewide mask mandate in place. Some of the parents they interviewed on TV are awful. One parent said she told her son to take his mask off in class. How could any parent not want what is best for all the children in the class especially now that we are hearing the new strain is affecting children?

@Calliecake I find it so incredibly frustrating.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are wearing one!
The T-shirt is good for social distancing !. This is how people reacted when they see me coming down the aisle inside a grocery store ... askeered.gif scram.gif

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The T-shirt is good for social distancing !. This is how people reacted when they see me coming down the aisle inside a grocery store ... askeered.gif scram.gif

@Dancing Fire, I wish everyone not vaccinated would wear a shirt like this so those of us who are concerned about this virus could stay far away. Often times it’s the unvaccinated who also refuse to wear a mask. You know I think it’s our responsibility to get the vaccine. There are many people who have health conditions that effect how effective the vaccine works for them like @AprilBaby. We run into these people living our everyday lives. The America I grew up in had a sense of community and genuinely cared about each other. I find the way some have chosen to refuse to get the vaccine and not wear a mask is unconscionable.

I think your daughter working in a hospital not vaccinated is wrong.
Hopefully your daughter and her children will remain healthy. This new variant affects children. Why anyone would do anything to put their children at risk is beyond me. I say this as someone who has a family member I love dearly. She has small children and like your daughter, has decided not to get the vaccine. It worries me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your daughter working in a hospital not vaccinated is wrong.
Hopefully your daughter and her children will remain healthy. This new variant affects children. Why anyone would do anything to put their children at risk is beyond me. I say this as someone who has a family member I love dearly. She has small children and like your daughter, has decided not to get the vaccine. It worries me.
I'm surprised to hear that many of her coworker aren't vaccinated. :o Our grandkids aren't at vaccination age yet. I'd mask up when I'm out in public.

etudes

Rough_Rock
Mom and dad are fully vaccinated, my brother and I are still waiting for our second shots. Health centers in my city are starting to get new supply, but the quantity is still very limited (around 50-250 doses/day). A lot of people actually started queuing since 3 a.m

IMG-20210803-WA0008-300x225.jpg

It's not my photo, since my health center didn't even announce the schedule, only after the fact when the vaccines already ran out :wall:

10 days late from the schedule, but my brother and I finally got our second jabs.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some time today the 3rd shot will be approved for medically compromised people. I’m hoping not to get sick from it again.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I hope so @Calliecake! I heard that employers are afraid that if they mandate it then the nurses and health care workers will walk off the job. If enough employers do then they won’t have any place to go for another job! Crossing fingers and toes it happens here.

I think almost every hospital in my state is mandating the vaccine. There was definitely some coordination between hospitals because a bunch announced the requirement at the same time. This meant that people realized they didn't have many options if they were going to decline. My hospital has a 90+% vaccination rate as of this week.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that the C
I think almost every hospital in my state is mandating the vaccine. There was definitely some coordination between hospitals because a bunch announced the requirement at the same time. This meant that people realized they didn't have many options if they were going to decline. My hospital has a 90+% vaccination rate as of this week.
That’s such great news! I live in Pa..I have to check what’s happening here. My mom is in a nursing home. They just had one Covid case. It was a nurse that wasn’t vaccinated.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby , I hope your third vaccine goes smoothly. it makes me happy to know you are protected.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

This is such good news for your area! My hospital is substantially lower. The most recent email about vaccines made it sound like they have no current plans to mandate. It really disappoints me

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that the C

That’s such great news! I live in Pa..I have to check what’s happening here. My mom is in a nursing home. They just had one Covid case. It was a nurse that wasn’t vaccinated.

It’s not mandated here…I just got notice they are restricting family from taking them out of the home into the community because of the uptick of cases everywhere . We can visit during very limited slots..I can’t get one until the 30th of this month. We need to have masks on in one large room for each resident..It’s disinfected between each visit.

Last edited:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
My husband and I are both vaccinated and our entire household just came down with covid; Including my 4 month old and 4 year old. My husband had moderna and has very minimal symptoms. I had Pfizer and am much more symptomatic. My children of course are way to young to receive the vaccine.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband and I are both vaccinated and our entire household just came down with covid; Including my 4 month old and 4 year old. My husband had moderna and has very minimal symptoms. I had Pfizer and am much more symptomatic. My children of course are way to young to receive the vaccine.
Oh no. How horrible. I hope you all improve quickly. Please keep us posted.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this news...Take care of your family and get lots of rest.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay I am so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my thoughts.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting my second dose of AZ on Monday. Due to the outbreak here the recommended interval between doses was varied - mine will be 5 weeks apart.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoda thunk any poll on PS today could get 150 votes?
I didn't even know we had that many in Hangout these days.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoda thunk any poll on PS today could get 150 votes?
I didn't even know we had that many in Hangout these days.
Who are the 15 NO? :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results