shape
carat
color
clarity

are you gonna watch the you know what tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula|1351207321|3292486 said:
Dancing Fire|1351206266|3292476 said:
Lula|1351205641|3292470 said:
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure the guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.
and don't forget the Dems HAD control of Congress until 2 yrs ago.

I agree, Obama squandered too much time on health care reform. Though, don't get me wrong -- I am beyond grateful that health care reform is in place. I have always thought it was nuts that health care is tied to employment in the U.S. That little quirk benefits large businesses over small businesses and thwarts entrepreneurship. But I believe health care reform should have been a second-term objective. However, what you forget is that the first two years Obama was in office, the Republicans fought tooth and nail to prevent the stimulus package from passing. As it was, the stimulus was woefully inadequate. Don't take my word for it; go back into the New York Times archives and read what Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman said about that at the time. The first year Obama was in office, the economy was still reeling from the financial crash. And you all forget that the stock market has been going gangbusters the entire time Obama has been in office. There's certainly been a nice economic recovery in that department.
The NYT??..i don't understand enough english to understand the NYT... :oops:

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Lula|1351207544|3292488 said:
beebrisk|1351206858|3292485 said:
Gypsy|1351206070|3292475 said:
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.

Jobs legislation blocked by the House Republicans (Paul Ryan, I’m looking at you):

An American jobs effort to end government contracts rewarding corporations that ship American jobs overseas. [Vote 19] - GOP BLOCKED 

Build America Bonds to Create Jobs Now Act – [Vote 38, Vote 30, Vote 189] -GOP BLOCKED 

American Jobs Matter Act – [Vote 257] - GOP BLOCKED 

National Manufacturing Strategy Act, - [Vote 279, Vote 721] - GOP BLOCKED
Advanced Vehicle Manufacturing Technology Act - [Vote 310] - GOP BLOCKED
Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act - [Vote 9, Vote 199, Vote 780] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to promote jobs and innovation at home, - [Vote 490] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure for middle class families, - [Vote 676] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to support American Manufacturers - [Vote 693] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure that places a priority on keeping jobs in America: - [Vote 710] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to protect at least 10,000 American manufacturing jobs - [Vote 715] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to ensure that American materials, - [Vote 792] - GOP BLOCKED

Additional Legislation Blocked:

A Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas - GOP BLOCKED 

Political Ad disclosure bill, - GOP BLOCKED 

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill, - GOP BLOCKED

The Small Business Jobs Act, the DREAM Act - GOP BLOCKED 

No permanent military bases in Afghanistan, - GOP BLOCKED 

Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles, - GOP BLOCKED
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation, - GOP BLOCKED
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs. - GOP BLOCKED 

Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces. - GOP BLOCKED 

Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program. - GOP BLOCKED 
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay. - GOP BLOCKED 

Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.Comprehensive policy on neuron-cognitive assessment by the military health care system - GOP BLOCKED 

Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance. - GOP BLOCKED 

Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill - GOP BLOCKED 

Benefits for Homeless Veterans - GOP BLOCKED 

Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero - GOP BLOCKED 

Wall Street Reform - GOP BLOCKED 

Unemployment Extension - GOP BLOCKED 

The Fair Pay Act - GOP BLOCKED

But wait, there’s more...
Sep 12__S.3457____Veterans Jobs Corps Act, S.Amdt.2789 -NO

Jul 17__S.3364____Bring Jobs Home Act -NO

Jul 11__S.2237____Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act -NO

Jun 29__S.2237____Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act -NO

Jun 5___S.3240____Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2012 -NO

Dec 15__H.R.3630__Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 -NO

Nov 30__S.1917____A bill to create jobs by providing payroll tax relief for middle class families and businesses -NO

Nov 3___H.R.674___3% Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act -NO

Nov 1___S.1769____Rebuild America Jobs Act -NO

Oct 6___S.1660____American Jobs Act of 2011 -NO

Sep 24__S.3816____Creating American Jobs and Ending Off-shoring Act -NO

Aug 5___H.R.5297__Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 -NO

Jun 23__H.R.4213__American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 -NO

ABSOLUTELY. The GOP made it it's MISSION for Obama to fail. And then they turn around and blame him. Talk about tired rhetoric.

I want to be president when I grow up. Seems like a cool job. NO responsibility for anything!
I think you just nailed Mitt's reason for running. That, and some kooky stuff about a White Horse Prophecy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Prophecy Scary stuff.

Ohhh, so its NOT about Obama's abysmal record, it's about Romney's religion! Got it.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1351208047|3292496 said:
Lula|1351207321|3292486 said:
Dancing Fire|1351206266|3292476 said:
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure the guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.
and don't forget the Dems HAD control of Congress until 2 yrs ago.

I agree, Obama squandered too much time on health care reform. Though, don't get me wrong -- I am beyond grateful that health care reform is in place. I have always thought it was nuts that health care is tied to employment in the U.S. That little quirk benefits large businesses over small businesses and thwarts entrepreneurship. But I believe health care reform should have been a second-term objective. However, what you forget is that the first two years Obama was in office, the Republicans fought tooth and nail to prevent the stimulus package from passing. As it was, the stimulus was woefully inadequate. Don't take my word for it; go back into the New York Times archives and read what Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman said about that at the time. The first year Obama was in office, the economy was still reeling from the financial crash. And you all forget that the stock market has been going gangbusters the entire time Obama has been in office. There's certainly been a nice economic recovery in that department.
The NYT??..i don't understand enough english to understand the NYT... :oops:

I do, DF...believe me, you're better off! :naughty:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351208079|3292497 said:
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.

Jobs legislation blocked by the House Republicans (Paul Ryan, I’m looking at you):

ABSOLUTELY. The GOP made it it's MISSION for Obama to fail. And then they turn around and blame him. Talk about tired rhetoric.

I want to be president when I grow up. Seems like a cool job. NO responsibility for anything!
I think you just nailed Mitt's reason for running. That, and some kooky stuff about a White Horse Prophecy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Prophecy Scary stuff.

Ohhh, so its NOT about Obama's abysmal record, it's about Romney's religion! Got it.

Obama's record is not abysmal. But there are aspects of Romney's background, including his religion, that are concerning. And Obama's church and religion have always been fair game. I find it odd that Romney's gotten a pass on this as well.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and another Romney-related issue the press is ignoring -- Bainport. http://bainport.com
I'm done for tonight -- lovely debating with you all. And for those of you getting ready to vote against your own interests, I sincerely hope you are never in need of a government safety net, and that you remain limber enough to be able to pull up those bootstraps.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, now it's bad to be rich and white? Then I'm guessing there are a lot of 'bad' people on this forum!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lula|1351207721|3292490 said:
Gypsy -- great graphics! :appl:

Thank you! Your post just reminded me of them!

I'm pretty sure those are either originally due to Thing2 or Athenaworth on FB. They are my go to ladies for democratic graphics.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1351210329|3292531 said:
Wait, now it's bad to be rich and white? Then I'm guessing there are a lot of 'bad' people on this forum!

The irony lost on most here, Laila :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351208157|3292500 said:

Only if you aspire to be the equivalent of Sarah Palin or Paul Ryan or anyone on Fox News when it comes to accuracy about A) history, B) foreign policy or C) current events.

Promoting ignorance in order to foster dependence on political ideology is what's gotten the Republican party into this mess. Out of 47 MILLION registered Republicans-- these are the 'best and brightest' chosen to run for VP!

What the party needs are some people who actually A) study real history, real foreign policy, and real current events and B) understand them and finally C) can apply their principles and lessons coherently to develop a domestic and foreign political and economic policies that are balanced and apply to 21st century realities of technology and society.

Until the Republican base actually starts demanding it's members PAY ATTENTION to the news, to history, to current events-- instead of ignoring them and subsisting on the baby-food mush that is Fox News... they aren't going to be able to lead this country anywhere.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351212054|3292550 said:

The irony lost on most here, Laila :naughty:

No it's not. You asked a question and I answered it. I didn't say that it didn't APPLY TO ME. YOU ASSUMED THAT. It does apply to me. If you had asked THAT question I would fully admit it. Understanding where the notion comes from (education), being able to explain it to others (knowledge), doesn't prohibit me from understanding it's application to me (intelligence).

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1351212620|3292554 said:

Only if you aspire to be the equivalent of Sarah Palin or Paul Ryan or anyone on Fox News when it comes to accuracy about A) history, B) foreign policy or C) current events.

Promoting ignorance in order to foster dependence on political ideology is what's gotten the Republican party into this mess. Out of 47 MILLION registered Republicans-- these are the 'best and brightest' chosen to run for VP!

What the party needs are some people who actually A) study real history, real foreign policy, and real current events and B) understand them and finally C) can apply their principles and lessons coherently to develop a domestic and foreign political and economic policies that are balanced and apply to 21st century realities of technology and society.

Until the Republican base actually starts demanding it's members PAY ATTENTION to the news, to history, to current events-- instead of ignoring them and subsisting on the baby-food mush that is Fox News... they aren't going to be able to lead this country anywhere.

I wasn't aware that the NYT was the preeminent source for all lessons of history, foreign policy or current events. I also wasn't aware that non-subscribers are also mush-eating ideologues and promoters of ignorance who simply cannot PAY ATTENTION. Hmmm. As far as I know it's not Pravda and I'm not yet required by the state to read it exclusively. Amazing how I've accomplished ANYTHING in life, having only been a Sunday Times reader my whole adult life.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
better than being poor and yellow... ;(

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351200760|3292408 said:
AGBF|1351198616|3292386 said:
beebrisk|1351187953|3292249 said:
When the heck did being "rich" and "white" make a person inherently evil?

Ummm...I would say 1066. The Normans had invaded by then, so Robin Hood was probably in Sherwood Forest. I will go look it up.

Deb
:saint:

Cute.

My favorite thing is coming to the "Premier Diamond & Jewelry Community" to find support for the president's demonization of the rich. After all, "at a certain point" he feels we've all probably "made enough money".

I think it's really very sad that he'd find this site repulsive, because I kinda like it! From now on, I think we should all respond to "upgrade" posts by asking "Did you really need that extra half-carat???" :twirl:

My favorite thing is that *you* come to a diamond website to troll about politics. :lol: Your dedication to PS political threads is impressive. Your connection to reality is less impressive, though. ;))

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Lula|1351208352|3292502 said:

Obama's record is not abysmal. But there are aspects of Romney's background, including his religion, that are concerning. And Obama's church and religion have always been fair game. I find it odd that Romney's gotten a pass on this as well.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what religion you deem acceptable for a person to become president. Or perhaps not, since we don't want to enter into forbidden territory here. :nono:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1351221267|3292642 said:
beebrisk|1351200760|3292408 said:
AGBF|1351198616|3292386 said:
beebrisk|1351187953|3292249 said:
When the heck did being "rich" and "white" make a person inherently evil?

Ummm...I would say 1066. The Normans had invaded by then, so Robin Hood was probably in Sherwood Forest. I will go look it up.

Deb

Cute.

My favorite thing is coming to the "Premier Diamond & Jewelry Community" to find support for the president's demonization of the rich. After all, "at a certain point" he feels we've all probably "made enough money".

I think it's really very sad that he'd find this site repulsive, because I kinda like it! From now on, I think we should all respond to "upgrade" posts by asking "Did you really need that extra half-carat???" :twirl:

My favorite thing is that *you* come to a diamond website to troll about politics. :lol: Your dedication to PS political threads is impressive. Your connection to reality is less impressive, though. ;))

I don't think there is anyone who would argue this point. ;-)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351222077|3292646 said:

Ohhh, so its NOT about Obama's abysmal record, it's about Rmoney's religion! Got it.

Obama's record is not abysmal. But there are aspects of Rmoney's background, including his religion, that are concerning. And Obama's church and religion have always been fair game. I find it odd that Rmoney's gotten a pass on this as well.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what religion you deem acceptable for a person to become president. Or perhaps not, since we don't want to enter into forbidden territory here. :nono:
I don't think that's the point. The point is how differently the candidates have been treated. Obama isn't going to touch Mormonism with a ten foot pole, even though if he brought it up he'd probably win the Catholic vote.

But Obama's religion has been poked and prodded at more times than I can count. Muslim? Christian? His former minister? How much he attends church? How he celebrates Christmas? Hello fine tooth comb!

But Rmoney's? Hasn't even been mentioned.

Even though Obama's own mother was baptized into the Mormon church after death...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351214677|3292574 said:

I wasn't aware that the NYT was the preeminent source for all lessons of history, foreign policy or current events. I also wasn't aware that non-subscribers are also mush-eating ideologues and promoters of ignorance who simply cannot PAY ATTENTION. Hmmm. As far as I know it's not Pravda and I'm not yet required by the state to read it exclusively. Amazing how I've accomplished ANYTHING in life, having only been a Sunday Times reader my whole adult life.

Well. See the NY times is a newspaper.

And, newspapers report the news. The news is made up of current events. It also includes political reports from around the world. The world, most of which is foreign, comprises the forum where international politics are played out. Which is what foreign policy is concerned with. The New York Times is one of the preeminent newspapers in the country, if you google that, you can see the statistics in just a few clicks. It was founded in 1851. Now, that's in the past. The past is what history is made of. Back issues of the New York Times report the current events from the past. Those are also history.

So see. The NYT current and past issues are in fact a GREAT source for history, current events, and foreign policy. It's too bad you couldn't figure that all out on your own. :confused: Maybe all that Fox News is having an effect.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1351223081|3292653 said:
beebrisk|1351222077|3292646 said:

Ohhh, so its NOT about Obama's abysmal record, it's about Rmoney's religion! Got it.

Obama's record is not abysmal. But there are aspects of Rmoney's background, including his religion, that are concerning. And Obama's church and religion have always been fair game. I find it odd that Rmoney's gotten a pass on this as well.

I don't think that's the point. The point is how differently the candidates have been treated. Obama isn't going to touch Mormonism with a ten foot pole, even though if he brought it up he'd probably win the Catholic vote.

But Obama's religion has been poked and prodded at more times than I can count. Muslim? Christian? His former minister? How much he attends church? How he celebrates Christmas? Hello fine tooth comb!

But Rmoney's? Hasn't even been mentioned.

Even though Obama's own mother was baptized into the Mormon church after death...

Romney's hasn't been mentioned? You might want check into a few quotes from Andrew Sullivan and Larry O'Donnell.

Personally I don't give a rat's arse what either one's religion is, I just want a good president and I don't think we have one now. I mentioned Wright because Obama often referred to him as his "mentor" and was obviously a huge part of his life; a surrogate father, even. Since I believe Rev Wright is a despicable human, I can't say that bodes well for his greatest admirer (or rather EX-admirer for the sake of expediency).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

that's the reason i switched to MSNBC . i love watching comedy shows... :lol:

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1351223799|3292655 said:
beebrisk|1351214677|3292574 said:

Well. See the NY times is a newspaper.

And, newspapers report the news. The news is made up of current events. It also includes political reports from around the world. The world, most of which is foreign, comprises the forum where international politics are played out. Which is what foreign policy is concerned with. The New York Times is one of the preeminent newspapers in the country, if you google that, you can see the statistics in just a few clicks. It was founded in 1851. Now, that's in the past. The past is what history is made of. Back issues of the New York Times report the current events from the past. Those are also history.

So see. The NYT current and past issues are in fact a GREAT source for history, current events, and foreign policy. It's too bad you couldn't figure that all out on your own. :confused: Maybe all that Fox News is having an effect.

And if your opinion is that the "Old Gray Lady" ain't what she used to be, you're obviously a mis-informed Neanderthal; unable to think because you've killed so many brain cells on said steady diet of mush swirled with a diabolical layer of "Right Wing Nutjob" propaganda, yes?

Because in this day and age with the incredible advances in technology and fingertip access to an entire world of information coming at us almost instantaneously, we have exactly two choices. The NY Times or Fox News. Got it. I'll be making sure to narrow my view real soon.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1351224730|3292661 said:

that's the reason i switched to MSNBC . i love watching comedy shows... :lol:

I have to admit, watching Ed Schultz and Chris Mathew's heads explode can be pretty darn entertaining!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies and gentlemen, we will be closing this thread if the insults continue.

NO personal insults. We know you would like to discuss politics and the debates, but this will not be allowed without decorum.

Polite discourse or we will close the thread.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm...guys...Ella didn't say we couldn't talk anymore. All she said was that she expected some decorum. Did that silence the rest of you? It hasn't silenced me. I feel capable of both posting and being courteous, ridiculous as that may sound during an election season. (I know, I know. I am old. I admit it. It is easier for me. But if you want me to net nanny for you, I could try. No, you don't want that? OK. Then I won't. But please, someone post something. The silence is deafening here!)

Cheers!
Deb/AGBF

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1351260484|3292809 said:
Ummm...guys...Ella didn't say we couldn't talk anymore. All she said was that she expected some decorum. Did that silence the rest of you? It hasn't silenced me. I feel capable of both posting and being courteous, ridiculous as that may sound during an election season. (I know, I know. I am old. I admit it. It is easier for me. But if you want me to net nanny for you, I could try. No, you don't want that? OK. Then I won't. But please, someone post something. The silence is deafening here!)

Cheers!
Deb/AGBF

I have no idea why, in the last decade, it has become increasingly hard to discuss politics courteously. Actually, I do have a few ideas.

Politics has become too polarized. Fewer and fewer people seem to be able to appreciate that there is intelligent discourse on the other side of the divide, that both sides may have relevant arguments or that it is perfectly fine to tend more to the right on social issues and more to the left on economics (or vice versa). People, more and more, see the other side as the opponent that must be crushed or will, instead, crush you. We are seeing more and more radicalization, as outliers make a bigger news splash than more moderate positions.

Automatically, anything the other side says becomes a lie, a distortion, manipulation. Voters who prefer the opposing party are described as sheep, manipulated, naive, etc. Rational discourse between opposing views is become rarer. Instead, we see people only talking to those who agree with their main views, reinforcing each other. Stereotypes abound.

For example, we see posters right here just describing Fox News as "baby mush" or MSNBC as comedy. Is that a good, supported argument? Does it promote discussion? No, it just offends the other side.

Radical political polarization is never good for democracy. We have to be able to talk, discuss, debate and find working compromises. A house divided cannot stand - look at most oppressive regimes, dictatorships and coups. They generally begin in societies that are so polarized that people are no longer willing to compromise and debate.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your thoughtful posting, Lady Disdain. I believe that you have made excellent points, but I am still wondering if there is more to the rudeness on the Internet than that.

For one thing, the Internet is a relatively new medium. Rudeness on the Internet has been discussed in many other contexts (ad nauseum). People have written about how its anonymity lends itself to harshness in many Internet arenas.

Also: politics has not always been a gentlemanly sport. There has often been backstabbing and there have been dirty deals and graft. However in centuries past one expected to find these in goings on in smoke-filled rooms, not in drawing rooms. One expected to be able to attend a social function and either not discuss politics or to be able to discuss it politely.

(As I said, barrooms and Maureen Dowd's home on Thanksgiving are not among the places I consider places where social discourse of a high order would necessarily take place. I am sure that lively discussions ensued there, as they would have in my own home!)

Pricescope, however, has been set up as a venue where only well-mannered discussion is encouraged. All people who sign up for it agree to abide by the rules and to be courteous. There is an expectation of civility here. Pricescope is the Internet equivalent of a drawing room where people are expected not to get drunk and engage in barroom brawls.

Have all people become unable to discuss politics without agreeing to disagee? Could it be that television plays a role in the polarization? (You alluded to Fox News and MSNBC which gave me that idea.) I do not watch television myself, so I do not know how strongly television influences people's political views.

What do other posters think?

Deb/AGBF
:read:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watch CNN because lately they've been taking great pains to be "middle of the road".

Well, that and Anderson Cooper. (I don't care that he's gay, he's gorgeous and his intelligence just "kicks it up a notch". Or twenty.)

anderson.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1351260484|3292809 said:

Cheers!
Deb/AGBF
i for one have not attack any Psers.i respect their POV. no matter who wins this election i have no hard feeling towards any PSers... :praise:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="beebrisk|

You know the ONE "B" he can't use? Benghazi! :naughty:[/quote]

beebrisk...we have forgotten the two most important Bs...Blame Bush... :bigsmile:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It takes a while to catch up on the reading. I am going back to answer a few things. Gas prices in our and other countries are contingent on the taxes gov't bodies place on them, In the US, the taxes are low. Thats what we are used to and you see what happens when prices rise. In Europe the are taxed higher to discourage overuse, and along with that they built smaller cars, so they an drive , but get better mileage on their cars. Oil is sold at market prices around the world.

Cutting Gov't expenditures is one way of reducing the size of Gov't. In my state we are almost bankrupt. Finally, the gov't has raised taxes, tripling mine, but beginning the cuts necessary to have a sustainable future. They have cut doing rootcanals and putting caps on teeth for adults who are considered poor. They stopping paying for eyeglasses every yr for adults who are considered poor. They reduced the food stamp benefit.(those are what I know about). Pretty good benefits don't you think? I don't know how many PHDs married to college graduates have their maternity care and delivery paid for , but I suspect if one state does there are others, probably mine. This yr on the ballot we voted for a much harder procedure to raise any state pensions. That, to me is cutting gov't

I have just found out from ksingers posts that i am poor. I just don't know what to think about that. I earn less than that 51,000
the amount ksinger uses for i heap payents. (I thought they are different for each state and usually are 115% or120% of the poverty level.) I even have a dependant. 17% of the pop. is considered poor so you can use your way of interpreting, but I pay as much of a % of my income as Romney does, and, Pay $3700 for medical insurance and paid out 5,000 for 2 of my sons teeth to be saved. These are my responsibilty.

I do not know how the future will turn out, but Obama did exactly lkike George Bush when he hired mostly Bill Clinton staff, just as GB hired Richard Nixons staff. Both show neither ready for the Presidency. New Ideas are needed. Not the same old.

Annette

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are people not more upset :errrr: , replused, outraged, motified about the revalations of the events that transpired in Lybia? I'm sickened that we had troops and diplomatic personnel in that country begging for protection and while all this was going on we had live camera drones and the White House knew what was happening. A Marine was told to stand down and not go in to save our people and he disobeyed orders even after support was refused and he died trying to save American lives.. WHY is the media all but ignoring this.. it's heart wrenching to me and I can't imagine any posted on this forum who is affiliated with the military isn't horrified... absoultely.. every day it is more upsetting to me... I pray for the safety of our troops, our diplomats and those that put their lives in harms way so I can live in a country that is LAND OF THE FREE because of the BRAVE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results