shape
carat
color
clarity

are you gonna watch the you know what tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1351187314|3292242 said:
Lula|1351187059|3292236 said:
I just read this today: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/175797801.html
This is just wrong on so many levels. But this is legal under the Citizens United ruling that has basically corrupted politics at every level. Corporations are people now.

What really burns me is that this CEO did not compose this missive of his own volition. The Romney campaign went on the record in June encouraging businesses to do this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mitt-romney-employees-voting_n_1975636.html

This is the work of the big GOP funders like the Koch brothers. In essence you are electing this bunch of rich, white men who will hold the puppet candidate's strings for the next four years. The owner of this company is a sheep, beholden to the same big money interests.

I long for the day when we realize that the 1% are not heroes. Let the worship of the Atlas Shrugged types end before they inflict more suffering. And DF, if you honestly think that this crew of 1-percenters has your financial best interests at heart, you are kidding yourself.

You're just jealous you're not a job creator. Maybe you should have pulled yourself up by your bootstraps a little harder, just like that unconnected self-starter Mitt Romney did.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Lula|1351187059|3292236 said:
I just read this today: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/175797801.html
This is just wrong on so many levels. But this is legal under the Citizens United ruling that has basically corrupted politics at every level. Corporations are people now.

What really burns me is that this CEO did not compose this missive of his own volition. The Romney campaign went on the record in June encouraging businesses to do this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/mitt-romney-employees-voting_n_1975636.html

This is the work of the big GOP funders like the Koch brothers. In essence you are electing this bunch of rich, white men who will hold the puppet candidate's strings for the next four years. The owner of this company is a sheep, beholden to the same big money interests.

I long for the day when we realize that the 1% are not heroes. Let the worship of the Atlas Shrugged types end before they inflict more suffering. And DF, if you honestly think that this crew of 1-percenters has your financial best interests at heart, you are kidding yourself.

...As opposed to "rich white men" like George Soros, right? When the heck did being "rich" and "white" make a person inherently evil?

If the 1% aren't "heros" of the left wing, the president never got the memo. You see, he's relying on so many of them to get reelected: Beyonce, JayZ, Barbra Streisand, Marc Cuban, George Clooney, Steven Speilberg, Oprah, David Geffen, the founder of Costco and again...George Soros. How unprincipled of him to accept money from the white guys!

Do these people have your best interests at heart? Does Obama? After all, when he settles down after his presidency, he'll be living rather large...quite possibly bypassing his admission to the 1% club and headed straight for the .5% VIP lounge!
:rolleyes:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beebrisk|1351172214|3292056 said:
Zoe|1351155483|3291956 said:
jstarfireb|1351132492|3291857 said:
About the flip-flopping, I (and I think most democrats) see Obama's changing stances, particularly with regard to same-sex marriage, as an evolution of his true beliefs over time rather than a bait-and-switch move. Romney's flip-flopping seems much less sincere considering he made such huge shifts in such a short time.

Yes.I believe the President's views on gay marriage shifted once he saw and got to know his daughters' friends' (gay) parents.

It's interesting how Romney says something and then his advisers swoop in right afterward, telling us that he didn't really mean what he had just said. It's hard to keep up with him.

"Shifted" and "evolved"...and so conveniently during the election cycle! :rolleyes:
we all know the President is desperate when he's running campaign ads about the 4 Bs... :lol: Mr. President, please run on your accomplishments in the past 4 yrs... :devil:

Big Bird
Bayonet
Binders

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1351188428|3292256 said:
About the flip-flopping, I (and I think most democrats) see Obama's changing stances, particularly with regard to same-sex marriage, as an evolution of his true beliefs over time rather than a bait-and-switch move. Romney's flip-flopping seems much less sincere considering he made such huge shifts in such a short time.

Yes.I believe the President's views on gay marriage shifted once he saw and got to know his daughters' friends' (gay) parents.

It's interesting how Romney says something and then his advisers swoop in right afterward, telling us that he didn't really mean what he had just said. It's hard to keep up with him.

"Shifted" and "evolved"...and so conveniently during the election cycle! :rolleyes:
we all know the President is desperate when he's running campaign ads about the 4 Bs... :lol: Mr. President, please run on your accomplishments in the past 4 yrs... :devil:

Big Bird
Bayonet
Binders

You know the ONE "B" he can't use? Benghazi! :naughty:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1351185348|3292219 said:
Lady_Disdain|1351177069|3292109 said:
As an outsider looking in, I find it very amusing when Americans complain about gas costs for the simple reason that gas prices in the US are a lot lower than most of the world (it is comparable to the cost in major oil exporting countries - http://www.mytravelcost.com/petrol-prices/1/ *) The thirst for cheap oil leads to all sorts of international policy problems for the country. I would be very scared of anyone promising cheaper prices. How is that going to be achieved in a free market?

* Most of the data presented comes from official sources and were correct (I checked around 8 countries)
true,but people in other parts of the world don't drive 20k-25K miles per yr.

True. Or have such huge houses, etc. But the fact is that, in a free market, American gas prices don't make sense. In a world where oil is a commodity, how do you explain that prices in a major consumer are lower than in the rest of the world? Anyone who says American gas prices will go down should have a very good economical rationale behind that assertion.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beebrisk|1351187953|3292249 said:
When the heck did being "rich" and "white" make a person inherently evil?

Ummm...I would say 1066. The Normans had invaded by then, so Robin Hood was probably in Sherwood Forest. I will go look it up.

Deb
:saint:

1066andallthat.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Evolved was the more appropriate word. I think you understand what we're saying though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1351198616|3292386 said:

Ummm...I would say 1066. The Normans had invaded by then, so Robin Hood was probably in Sherwood Forest. I will go look it up.

Deb
Lol!

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1351199028|3292391 said:

Evolved was the more appropriate word. I think you understand what we're saying though.

Well, yes. I understand. I just happen to think it's...what did the president say? Oh yes. Bull...t

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
smitcompton|1351098191|3291471 said:
Hi,

The reason that I am considering voting for Romney is that I think Gov't is much too much in our lives. i too, want less gov't. I want this country to have a secure financial future, and do not believe Obama does understand business. I do not believe that vilifying banks or corporations is the way to go. I believe that some banks did the US Govt' a favor by buying out horrifically run institutions that would have caused more choas had they not been taken over.

I believe that slippery slopes do exist and what was once an golden American vision has become easy prey for those that want more and more for nothing from Gov't whether by the tax code or relief programs.

I hve considered the womens issues that have have reared their ugly head again. These are mainly states issues and can only be addressed at the state level.

This year I am voting my own interests, and I see that as a Romney vote. I did vote for Obama last time as I wanted to see our boys come home. Four yrs later they are still there. Way too slow for me. Yes, I will vote my interests.

Annette

This doesn't make any sense to me. You think the government is too intrusive and yet you think Romney will be the solution to this.

There was a time when the Rep. party WAS for small government. That time is past. Now they use the rhetoric of 'small government' while interfering and ENLARGING government involvement in ALL -- EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.-- of our personal freedoms.

Roe v Wade kicked the government out of our vagina's with a right to privacy. Republicans see rape as 'god' will' and seek to use the government to stop this. They routinely limit our right to privacy and bodily integrity. In Texas they have passed laws that make it MANDATORY for the GOVERNMENT to FORCE women to have inter-vaginal ultra sounds.

The fourth amendment protects against illegal searches and seizures. Patriot Act under George W erroded that nicely. We can now be held longer without being charged, can be denied right to public trials, can be wiretapped at the drop of a hat.

The US courts have interpreted the division of church and state from the Constitution. The republicans have REPEATEDLY used the church, and god's will, and the moral right to steadily define issues like gay marriage as RELIGIOUS abominations, and seek to keep these people from enjoying the same rights as others UNDER RELIGIOUS GROUNDS. Which is unconstitutional. Do they care? No.

Romney and the republicans ONLY wants small government with respect to his, and his croney's wallets. Make no mistake though when it comes to ANY personal freedoms his government will be LARGE AND IN CHARGE. There is NO 'small government' with the republican party. You want small-- vote libertarian. Oh wait, we're stuck with this crappy two party system.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock

Deb

Cute.

My favorite thing is coming to the "Premier Diamond & Jewelry Community" to find support for the president's demonization of the rich. After all, "at a certain point" he feels we've all probably "made enough money".

I think it's really very sad that he'd find this site repulsive, because I kinda like it! From now on, I think we should all respond to "upgrade" posts by asking "Did you really need that extra half-carat???" :twirl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, I can't help but laugh whenever someone brings up Gary Johnson as a viable candidate for...anything. I think it's hilarious that he's actually on some ballots as a Libertarian. But that's because we, as New Mexicans endured him as a governor for many years, and I always thought he was a bit of a joke back then too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351200760|3292408 said:

Deb

Cute.

My favorite thing is coming to the "Premier Diamond & Jewelry Community" to find support for the president's demonization of the rich. After all, "at a certain point" he feels we've all probably "made enough money".

I think it's really very sad that he'd find this site repulsive, because I kinda like it! From now on, I think we should all respond to "upgrade" posts by asking "Did you really need that extra half-carat???" :twirl:
I don't get the bolded part. Have you had a conversation with him where he told you personally that he thinks that class inequality is bad? That everyone should make only a certain amount of money? Because that's not what he's advocating. But it IS Republican rhetoric - Obama=Communism

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb

Cute.

of course not!!.the president said share some of your wealth with DF... :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mathew 19:24

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

As for the white part? Unsure about that but probably around 1600 when white people got together and agreed that the color of their skin makes them so superior to others that they felt justified in enslaving anyone who was NOT white. And that will endure until that sentiment-- that white= racial superiority goes away.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1351200392|3292404 said:
smitcompton|1351098191|3291471 said:
Hi,

The reason that I am considering voting for Romney is that I think Gov't is much too much in our lives. i too, want less gov't. I want this country to have a secure financial future, and do not believe Obama does understand business. I do not believe that vilifying banks or corporations is the way to go. I believe that some banks did the US Govt' a favor by buying out horrifically run institutions that would have caused more choas had they not been taken over.

I believe that slippery slopes do exist and what was once an golden American vision has become easy prey for those that want more and more for nothing from Gov't whether by the tax code or relief programs.

I hve considered the womens issues that have have reared their ugly head again. These are mainly states issues and can only be addressed at the state level.

This year I am voting my own interests, and I see that as a Romney vote. I did vote for Obama last time as I wanted to see our boys come home. Four yrs later they are still there. Way too slow for me. Yes, I will vote my interests.

Annette

This doesn't make any sense to me. You think the government is too intrusive and yet you think Romney will be the solution to this.

There was a time when the Rep. party WAS for small government. That time is past. Now they use the rhetoric of 'small government' while interfering and ENLARGING government involvement in ALL -- EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.-- of our personal freedoms.

Every one? Every SINGLE one?

Roe v Wade kicked the government out of our vagina's with a right to privacy. Republicans see rape as 'god' will' and seek to use the government to stop this. They routinely limit our right to privacy and bodily integrity. In Texas they have passed laws that make it MANDATORY for the GOVERNMENT to FORCE women to have inter-vaginal ultra sounds.

Government kicked out of our vaginas, yet women demanding the government pays for pretty much everything that goes in and comes out of said vaginas. Hmmmmm.

The fourth amendment protects against illegal searches and seizures. Patriot Act under George W erroded that nicely. We can now be held longer without being charged, can be denied right to public trials, can be wiretapped at the drop of a hat.

And despite the promises, our current president has let the PA stand. Google "HR 347" to see how much Obama cares about your civil liberties and personal freedom.

The US courts have interpreted the division of church and state from the Constitution. The republicans have REPEATEDLY used the church, and god's will, and the moral right to steadily define issues like gay marriage as RELIGIOUS abominations, and seek to keep these people from enjoying the same rights as others UNDER RELIGIOUS GROUNDS. Which is unconstitutional. Do they care? No.

What Democratic president supported gay marriage before Obama? And I have to wonder what the gay bashing church he went to for 20 years thinks about his "evolution".

Romney and the republicans ONLY wants small government with respect to his, and his croney's wallets. Make no mistake though when it comes to ANY personal freedoms his government will be LARGE AND IN CHARGE. There is NO 'small government' with the republican party. You want small-- vote libertarian. Oh wait, we're stuck with this crappy two party system.

"Croney's wallets" Here we go again with the same tired rhetoric used with every other Republican president in modern history. You'd think there'd be some original arguments by now. Because, you know, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Chris Dodd are simply incapable of having cronies! As for being LARGE AND IN CHARGE, how much more can a Repub president possibly abscond with? Obama already took the auto industry, the mortgage industry, student loans, the green industry and healthcare. Really, what's left?

I do agree about libertarian = smaller govt. I'm under no illusion (unless O-care is repealed) that it will shrink under a Romney presidency. I will however, be able to sleep at night knowing my president will respond to that 3AM phone call instead of hitting the road to Vegas.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1351201037|3292411 said:

Deb

Cute.

I don't get the bolded part. Have you had a conversation with him where he told you personally that he thinks that class inequality is bad? That everyone should make only a certain amount of money? Because that's not what he's advocating. But it IS Republican rhetoric - Obama=Communism

"We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service." -Barack Obama, 2010

I'm glad that although he clearly has issues with it, he's given his blessing to people who'd like to keep earning...what a guy!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1351199153|3292393 said:

Deb
Lol!

:lol: Good one, Deb.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure the guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.

Jobs legislation blocked by the House Republicans (Paul Ryan, I’m looking at you):

An American jobs effort to end government contracts rewarding corporations that ship American jobs overseas. [Vote 19] - GOP BLOCKED 

Build America Bonds to Create Jobs Now Act – [Vote 38, Vote 30, Vote 189] -GOP BLOCKED 

American Jobs Matter Act – [Vote 257] - GOP BLOCKED 

National Manufacturing Strategy Act, - [Vote 279, Vote 721] - GOP BLOCKED
Advanced Vehicle Manufacturing Technology Act - [Vote 310] - GOP BLOCKED
Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act - [Vote 9, Vote 199, Vote 780] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to promote jobs and innovation at home, - [Vote 490] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure for middle class families, - [Vote 676] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to support American Manufacturers - [Vote 693] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure that places a priority on keeping jobs in America: - [Vote 710] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to protect at least 10,000 American manufacturing jobs - [Vote 715] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to ensure that American materials, - [Vote 792] - GOP BLOCKED

Additional Legislation Blocked:

A Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas - GOP BLOCKED 

Political Ad disclosure bill, - GOP BLOCKED 

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill, - GOP BLOCKED

The Small Business Jobs Act, the DREAM Act - GOP BLOCKED 

No permanent military bases in Afghanistan, - GOP BLOCKED 

Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles, - GOP BLOCKED
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation, - GOP BLOCKED
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs. - GOP BLOCKED 

Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces. - GOP BLOCKED 

Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program. - GOP BLOCKED 
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay. - GOP BLOCKED 

Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.Comprehensive policy on neuron-cognitive assessment by the military health care system - GOP BLOCKED 

Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance. - GOP BLOCKED 

Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill - GOP BLOCKED 

Benefits for Homeless Veterans - GOP BLOCKED 

Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero - GOP BLOCKED 

Wall Street Reform - GOP BLOCKED 

Unemployment Extension - GOP BLOCKED 

The Fair Pay Act - GOP BLOCKED

But wait, there’s more...
Sep 12__S.3457____Veterans Jobs Corps Act, S.Amdt.2789 -NO

Jul 17__S.3364____Bring Jobs Home Act -NO

Jul 11__S.2237____Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act -NO

Jun 29__S.2237____Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act -NO

Jun 5___S.3240____Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2012 -NO

Dec 15__H.R.3630__Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 -NO

Nov 30__S.1917____A bill to create jobs by providing payroll tax relief for middle class families and businesses -NO

Nov 3___H.R.674___3% Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act -NO

Nov 1___S.1769____Rebuild America Jobs Act -NO

Oct 6___S.1660____American Jobs Act of 2011 -NO

Sep 24__S.3816____Creating American Jobs and Ending Off-shoring Act -NO

Aug 5___H.R.5297__Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 -NO

Jun 23__H.R.4213__American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 -NO

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lula|1351205641|3292470 said:
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.

Jobs legislation blocked by the House Republicans (Paul Ryan, I’m looking at you):

An American jobs effort to end government contracts rewarding corporations that ship American jobs overseas. [Vote 19] - GOP BLOCKED 

Build America Bonds to Create Jobs Now Act – [Vote 38, Vote 30, Vote 189] -GOP BLOCKED 

A measure that places a priority on keeping jobs in America: - [Vote 710] - GOP BLOCKED 

A measure to protect at least 10,000 American manufacturing jobs - [Vote 715] - GOP BLOCKED 

Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles, - GOP BLOCKED
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation, - GOP BLOCKED

Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces. - GOP BLOCKED 

Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.Comprehensive policy on neuron-cognitive assessment by the military health care system - GOP BLOCKED 

Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance. - GOP BLOCKED 

Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill - GOP BLOCKED 

Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero - GOP BLOCKED 

Nov 30__S.1917____A bill to create jobs by providing payroll tax relief for middle class families and businesses -NO

ABSOLUTELY. The GOP made it it's MISSION for Obama to fail. And then they turn around and blame him. Talk about tired rhetoric.

46201_10151089130876275_2092151808_n.jpg

535982_10151074727951275_1945182149_n.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure the guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.
and don't forget the Dems HAD control of Congress until 2 yrs ago.

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
I found this list on another site. It was well-researched by the author. If you want to look for someone to blame for the delay in the economic recovery, look no further than your own congressperson. The president does not make law -- Congress does. And this Congress has spent the last few years doing everything in their power to make sure guy-who's-the-wrong-race is not re-elected. You can find your U.S. representative and senators here http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. How did the people who represent you vote on these issues? Go where the sausage is made if you want to find the reason for our slow and painful economic recovery. They've been too busy passing new restrictions on birth control to pay much attention to the jobs issue.

Such a shame he didn't get this ALL passed in the first two years of his presidency when the Dems had majority control and the president had ZERO obstacles. But by all means, blame it on those darn Republican blockers! One striking omission to the above chart: The cost of any of these "Acts" to the taxpayer.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351204935|3292461 said:
FrekeChild|1351201037|3292411 said:

Deb

Cute.

"We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service." -Barack Obama, 2010

I'm glad that although he clearly has issues with it, he's given his blessing to people who'd like to keep earning...what a guy!

The 1% are not celebrities. Though many celebrities are rich, only a few of them are in the 1%. We're talking about people rich enough to buy governments -- and entire countries. Which is what's happening. Both candidates are beholden to this dirty Citizens United money. And it's the tail that's wagging the dog here.

And where are Romney's tax returns????????? How has the press allowed him to skate on that issue. I have long suspected that Mitt took advantage of the amnesty the Swiss offered many U.S. citizens who were being investigated by the IRS.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archiv...t_guesses_on_romneys_swiss_bank_account_1.php
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/07/choose-your-own-romney-tax-return-adventure/54755/

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1351206070|3292475 said:

ABSOLUTELY. The GOP made it it's MISSION for Obama to fail. And then they turn around and blame him. Talk about tired rhetoric.

I want to be president when I grow up. Seems like a cool job. NO responsibility for anything!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1351206266|3292476 said:
and don't forget the Dems HAD control of Congress until 2 yrs ago.

I agree, Obama squandered too much time on health care reform. Though, don't get me wrong -- I am beyond grateful that health care reform is in place. I have always thought it was nuts that health care is tied to employment in the U.S. That little quirk benefits large businesses over small businesses and thwarts entrepreneurship. But I believe health care reform should have been a second-term objective. However, what you forget is that the first two years Obama was in office, the Republicans fought tooth and nail to prevent the stimulus package from passing. As it was, the stimulus was woefully inadequate. Don't take my word for it; go back into the New York Times archives and read what Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman said about that at the time. The first year Obama was in office, the economy was still reeling from the financial crash. And you all forget that the stock market has been going gangbusters the entire time Obama has been in office. There's certainly been a nice economic recovery in that department.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351206858|3292485 said:
Gypsy|1351206070|3292475 said:

I want to be president when I grow up. Seems like a cool job. NO responsibility for anything!
I think you just nailed Mitt's reason for running. That, and some kooky stuff about a White Horse Prophecy... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Prophecy Scary stuff.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well, if lack of responsibility if your thing-- then you can chose the second best option: Republican. :appl:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy -- great graphics! :appl:

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1351207622|3292489 said:

Well, if lack of responsibility if your thing-- then you can chose the second best option: Republican. :appl:

True. we'll just blame the bad stuff on a You Tube video. Oh, wait....

Lula

Ideal_Rock
beebrisk|1351207874|3292493 said:
Gypsy|1351207622|3292489 said:

True. we'll just blame the bad stuff on a You Tube video. Oh, wait....

Or maybe we can blame the bad stuff on some e-mails that were ignored that said "Osama bin Laden planning direct attack on U.S."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results