carat
color
clarity

Are these too big in my tiny earlobes?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

They look perfect! Hope you can continue to enjoy them.

cheers--Sharon

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I saw your pictures and I think the new set look perfectly balanced on you and frame your feature very well. ENjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect for daily wear and not too big at all! Your hubby did a great job on the proportions of the necklace to the studs! I also love the idea of making your daughters pendants from the earrings your parents gave you! That would be such a special gift when they are old enough!

SparklesandFlashes

Rough_Rock
I agree with everyone. The new ones look like perfect proportion!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Happy belated bday and I wouldn’t change a thing. Classic set.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look perfect on you. I agree with many of the suggestion to have the other earrings and pendant made in to a ring or bracelet.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still stuck on "tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm".:lol: But the earrings look perfect and you should wear them all the time.

My family call him Mr Tight Pants T! Generous on occasion with the bigger gestures, such as these diamonds for my 40th or buying me my dream, coveted Range Rover last year after I had a really bad run of luck with cars & endless garage bill's, but day to day living....? Nope. Tight as. Never a more appropriate saying :lol:

Thanks to all about my 'bigger' diamond set too. I wore them again yesterday & I felt ok. I'm simply not used to larger stones, but I'm getting there.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my regular set that are embedded in my psyche...
IMG_20180826_114231.jpg

Alex T it's time to get a second piercing, you can continue to wear your treasured gift from your parents, they won't be next to the newer E .50 ct. gift from your hubby. ( no color battles there)
That's what I've done and I have no problem sleeping in them(.35ct.) at all. My . 50ct , I can no longer sleep in them, I thrash about in my sleep too much, the screw post cut into my ear lobe- created a total mess. Besides you have lovely lobes- not a hint of a flabby droop like my own.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly? I think you're being silly. A 1/2ct stone is 5mm. Nothing that's 5mm is huge. "Boulder"? Oh please. It's tiny. Most people won't notice it. And, frankly, the diff. between .35 and .5ct is about .7 of a mm - which is...well...it's .7 of a mm. In the general scheme of things, it's nothing.

There's nothing wrong with your eyesight and you're an intelligent woman. So you KNOW 5mm is a tiny measurement compared to anyone's body. So something else is at play here. Whatever that thing is, get over it and start enjoying these lovely gifts; I'd be with your husband on this re regretting buying them for you. And if you think he's tight now, wait till this silliness goes on for a couple more years and he decides there's no point buying you nice gifts.

I know this sounds harsh - and I truly apologize for that aspect of this post. But seriously, someone who loves you spent a BUNCH of money buying you something really special - and you've left it in a box. What does that SAY? I'd be so hurt! And these size comparisons are just nutty.

Were they mine (and of course they aren't), I'd be attaching the original diamonds to the new ones and making a double stud - one of my all time favorite earring designs - so you can wear both. And then I'd do the same with the pendant. But if you can't get from .35 to .5ct in a stud, I'm sure this would be out of the question for you. It would be very pretty, tho, and would allow you to wear all your diamonds, and the sentimentality would be off the chain.

ETA If the posts of the new earrings are too long for you, get them shortened. It's an easy process, and inexpensive.

ETA x 2 My apologies if my comments were too blunt, Alex! Everyone knows you're one of the nicest women on PriceScope, and deserve to enjoy your sparklies! ox

Adriana Orsini - Sake.jpeg

Really like your suggestion

TravelKat

Rough_Rock
I think both sets are wonderful and each has importance to you. But I really think the new pieces are lovely and have great proportions on you. It’s nice to have such options!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results