shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal Burma Ruby

Discussion in 'Colored Gemstones' started by Fabri, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Fabri
    Rough_Rock

by Fabri » Aug 12, 2019
    I’d love to visit some exhibition in hk or singapore, I’ll check if there is anything coming soon.. :) but isn’t easy for me because I don’t know stones much to find out if it’s similar to mine, inclusions and all other characteristics.. I’ll see tho ! Thanks

2. qubitasaurus
    Brilliant_Rock

by qubitasaurus » Aug 12, 2019
    It is never too late to learn :).

It is in some ways going to be easier to price out a clarity enhanced stone. Because while an unheated one would be a huge headache where small changes in secondary colour will cause huge (disproportionately amplified) changes in price, a clarity enhanced one is probably going to show relatively much smaller fluctuations in price depending on colour. My prediction is that you'll be able to narrow down the window of possible values to within +/- 4 k even if you aren't spot on about matching colour. Problem is probably going to come in at the negotiation stage -- I don't know hong kong's gem shows, the first price you are offered may be a long way from what the vendor is hoping to have as a settling price (this is likely to be different from vendor to vendor, making this problem tricky to crack).

It will be fun in any case though and a good opportunity to learn (which is going to be super important if you intend to continue making more purchases), so I can't see what you have to lose.

3. icy_jade
    Ideal_Rock

by icy_jade » Aug 12, 2019
    Go to to BKK show in Sep. It’s bigger than the Singapore show.

4. Fabri
    Rough_Rock

by Fabri » Aug 12, 2019
    Yes, you are right it’s definitely really important to visit the show, I’ll probably wait for the one in bkk in September. 4 k it’s still a reasonable price but due to my job I see buyers buying entire lots of rubies same as mine and sometimes even not as nice, but to get this price “4K” for 2 heated ct same color they need to buy lot of half to 1 million usd at time, then they get 4K price for a stone as mine. Then they sell to distributors , and again to the shops and retails. That’s why I believed retails in a jewelry store must be more than 4K otherwise it doesn’t make sense. I’ll definitely check the show in bkk in September..