shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone going to see Mark this week at ERD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there, any NYC Pricescopers out there? Just wondering whether anyone is going to see Mark at ERD this week? I have a 1 carat cushion on hold and haven''t been able to get a good photo of it. They''ve sent me a blurry B&W and a video which makes the stone look like a twinkly speck and I would love to get some feedback on it. If so, please let me know and I''ll give you the specs. Having the stone sent to me or an appraiser for inspection isn''t so much of an option as I''m in Canada. Thanks :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you get the stone sent to an appraiser in NYC? They can''t take more photos for you?

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
It hadn''t occurred to me to send it to an appraiser in NYC. After the first blurry b&w, they offerred to send me a video, which didn''t really show much in the way of facet structure. I was hoping to see something like this, so I could compare stones:

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oops. Here''s what I would like to see:

bostjeffsidebyside.jpg

Quash

Rough_Rock
Pixley, I''m in Canada and just bought a diamond in new york state (Good Old Gold) and had the loose diamond appraised in Philadelphia by Dave Atlas'' AGA - Chris did the appraisal and I highly recommend him. Chris then sent the diamond to Mark Morrell outside of Boston to put in a setting. Mark then sent it back to AGA for a final appraisal of the finished ring. AGA will send it to me this week. They took care of all the shipping and logistics.

It sounds like a nightmare but it was actually very easy. I would certainly recommend having any loose diamond purchase appraised by an independent appraiser, especially if you are buying sight unseen.

Being in Canada shouldn''t make any difference whatsoever.

Best of luck!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Pauly1,
Love your new cushion - it''s delicious.

Quash,
Who knew - I had no idea that the apprasiers could relay the stone to the setter and that the setter could send it back! What a revelation!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results