shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wonderful Review of ERD (Engagement Rings Direct) and Owner Mark T.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock

I wanted to take a minute and acknowledge a wonderful retailer, as well as individual in the diamond community. For those of you who are in the market for a new stone or setting I would HIGHLY recommend checking out Engagementringsdirect.com. Give them a call and ask to speak with Mark T., I can pretty much guarantee, you won't be disappointed.

Before I found Mark I was given the name of another Jeweler in NYC, and he didn't have much luck finding what I wanted. I then found Mark at ERD and gave him a call at 9:00 on a Thursday night. Expecting to leave nothing more than a message I was shocked when he answered the phone. After about 10 minutes into our conversation Mark explained to me that he was at one point a teacher and therefore liked to explain things in detail. Most jewelers cut right to the chase and try to lock down the sale ASAP. I'm happy to report that with Mark there was no pressure, and no sales pitch. You absolutely feel as if he's there for no other reason then to provide you with the necessary information, educate you, and ultimately let you make the choice.

The stone I wanted was very specific and therefore the inventory was very small. I had looked at one beautiful stone from Mark, which unfortunately was a little out of my price range. I was on the fence and need to think about it when got an out of the blue phone call from my original jeweler, saying that he had located a stone which he though I’d really love. The stone was beautiful but I had concerns around the clarity being an SI2. It was totally eye clean in my opinion, but I wanted to make sure there weren’t any durability issues when I set it. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/does-this-look-to-good-to-be-an-si2.73154/

Long story short, I ended up purchasing the stone, and made a call to Mark. I had called him a few days prior and told him that I wanted to be totally upfront and honest with him, another jeweler had a found a beautiful stone and I was seriously considering it. I felt this was the right thing to do, and didn't want to string anyone along. I think at this point most jewelers would have copped an attitude, said something nasty and hung up. Mark was nothing but professional and wished me well.

After picking up the stone there was still a twinge of anxiety over the feather. I decided I wanted the stone appraised within my return window, so I called Mark. I felt like we left on good enough terms and I don't believe there are many people in the business that I would trust more, after such a short amount of time. After a few jokes aside about him being objective (all in good fun) he answered all my questions and agreed to take a look at the stone at no charge. This was by no means a formal appraisal, just his experienced opinion on whether or not he thought the stone presented any durability issues, or I would have any problems with setting it. In so many words he told me to enjoy the stone and rest easy. He didn't see anything that would present a problem. I handed him a bottle of wine, offered a very sincere thank you, and wished him a Happy Holiday.

In the end I felt compelled to share my experience. It's nice to know there are still ethical and honest people out there. So like I said, if you're in the market for a diamond, setting, or both... you know who to see ............

It was a long search for my stone but in case you haven't seen it - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-cushion-with-setting-to-follow-shortly.73335/

Linda74

Rough_Rock
My future son in law bought my daughter''s engagement ring from Mark and we could not agree more. He is a man of integrity. The teacher in him comes out when you sit with him and he teaches you all about diamonds. You feel that the "selling" part is secondary. He really wants his customers to be happy. He is an incredibly reputable dealer and a man to be trusted.
Linda

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Couldn''t agree more with everything said here. My DH and I *heart* Mark!!!!!!
2.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is a reason Mark is so well respected around here. you now know why firsthand... so glad things went so well for you and thanks for sharing your story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results