shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else out there dealing with infertility?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Well, first I must admit that I didn''t read the entire thread before posting. (THANK GOD! My toddler keeps me going!)

My husband and I tried to conceive since the day we were married. I was 19, he was 21. We endured many miscarriages and procedures for six years. Then, by the grace of God, we got our miracle. Our son is eighteen months old. I don''t know how I got through one day without him! The way he tugs on my sleeve and says "MAMA, daaaa!" Which means, "Mom, dance with me!"

For those still interested in the story with a happy ending, here''s the rest.

As I said, my husband and I were both quite young and healthy. We got married so we could start our family. We wanted 4-5 children by the time I was thirty. (Now, 30 is just around the bend)

I first found out I was pregnant on our one year anniversary. The doctor did an US and showed my the embryo. (I had been seeing the doc because we thought after nine months, I should get checked out.) First conception, natural. The dr sent me for work immediately. The work showed problems, and I was told that I would abort in the next few weeks (BTW- I d that they used the term abort!) I didn''t understand and was so confused. I was YOUNG and HEALTHY. 20 year olds don''t have this problem.

Anyway, we continued to go to the doc. I had a hystosalpingogram (Mine didn''t hurt at all. My tubes weren''t blocked. However, as I was lying spread eagle facing an open door, I asked ever so kindly for someone to shut it before I rammed someone''s head through it.) I took Clomid off and on for nearly a year. I got pregnant a couple times. I never told anyone when I was, though. I miscarried within the first few weeks each time. Then, I quit the Clomid because it was making me miserable.

Another couple miscarriages. Then, I switched docs. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS. I had laproscopic surgery to remove all the gunk. Then, I had to have lupron injections to stop all the hormones, and was put on a couple to lessen the side effects. However, my estrogen level was lower than a menopausal woman. SO, in there I was in my twenties, going through hot flashes, night sweats, and mood swings. I finally told the doctor that I couldn''t do it anymore. He deemed the treatment successful and I was told I would get pregnant soon.

Well, over a year later. I conceived and miscarried again. We were told that IVF wasn''t really an option for us because I could conceive, just not carry.

I saw 14 babies born in my family during this time. And, I saw my brother''s friend get pregnant and have an abortion. My husband and I went to my brother and his friend together and separately to tell them that we would take the baby. They decided to abort instead.

Now, the personal part. (like the above wasn''t personal enough!) I would pray literally a hundred times a day for God to let me get pregnant, carry full term, and give birth to a perfectly healthy child that would never have to endure the things I did growing up. (almost verbatim.) (I did this since the first miscarriage) It began to consume me so entirely, I couldn''t concentrate at work (not good when you''re messing with people''s eyes!) I would be completely lost during a conversation because I was constantly counting days and reviewing temps. I was miserable. Finally, one night, I sat down on my bed and prayed all night long. (my husband worked third shift) I just started telling God that I couldn''t continue like that. I needed to be able to enjoy all of the blessings and opportunities that He''d given me and I was unable to while I was obsessing. I asked God to take the burden, and if He found it time to give us a child, that would be great, but I wasn''t going to continue to ask. I cried and prayed for seven straight hours. I finally fell asleep after the sun rose. I slept for about an hour and woke up completely happy and feeling like I had slept a full night. I went to work that day with a smile on my face and never obsessed again. I was given many opportunities over the following months. We took vacations, met new friends, my husband and I fell in love all over again. We also had some hard times follow. (with our extended families and finances.) Eventually everything worked itself out.

Then, my husband got a great job, we moved to a new town, and that month, we got pregnant. I knew that it was different. I felt happy and excited and could actually picture myself holding this baby. I was a high risk pregnancy. I had countless tests, samples, and ultrasounds. Everything always looked great. Especially when I saw my little baby''s heart beat for the first time. That "woosh woosh" sound, and seeing the little guy pumping! It''s a feeling I''ll never forget!

Then, when I FINALLY had him...it was like in the Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy first sees Munchkinland and it''s in color. that''s exactly how I felt when I looked in our son''s eyes. It was like for the first time, the world was in color. It was so bright and beautiful! And, it still is!

Good Luck to anyone struggling with infertility. I know at times it seems like it''s just around the corner, then it seems like a losing battle. One day you imagine yourself holding that baby, the next you''re wondering if you''ve done something wrong. Please know, that if you want to be a mother, you will be. It may be a long haul but you''ll raise a child someday.

Sorry for such a long thread. As you can tell, this is something I feel passionately about.

1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Maybe we should start a thread like the LIW. It can be the Mommies in Waiting.
It can be for new and old moms. Then, we can give support to each other. Talk about fertility tips and tricks and be happy for each other when they get pregnant! What do you think??

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies for sharing your stories. They are all inspirational and so comforting-

mrs-h your daughter is gorgeous and precious. So glad that after everything you have been through you were blessed with such a beautiful little girl!!!

Diamond Fan and Lilli- thank you both too for sharing your stories. Reading your posts made me feel like I am not alone. None of my friends have gone through this and even though I don''t know you, i at least feel that I am amongst people i have things in common with :) that went through it as well. DF, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with PCOS now. I hope you feel much better soon!

Somethingshiny- I am so glad you posted as well. You are a very strong and courageous woman. Thank you so much for being so open, i can''t express to you how much that means- I like your idea for Babies in Waiting!!!

drk- how are you doing? hope all is well!

I did two rounds of IUI yesterday and again this morning. I think they may have done it too soon though, but since the sperm can live in you a couple of days they went ahead and did it anyway- i go in again tomorrow morning for another ultrasound. The first day was really hard and it was extremely painful both physically and emotionally, but this morning was much better- While i hope it worked, I feel like it was just the first try and there are things i would do differently next month- so we will see how it goes...

Good luck ladies!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I have it, I have a lot of the symptoms and need to verify it with some bloodwork which I am going to do next week. Not sure if PCOS can occur later on or if I might have always had it, I really was fine til a couple years ago.

I think sometimes people do not like to talk about this subject, but I feel it is nice to share and help someone out, if at all possible.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
SomethingShiny - Thanks so much for telling your story. It''s certainly an inspirational one with a happy ending.

A Mommies-in-waiting thread would definitely be fun too. I''ll have to check out the LIW thread to see how it works (unless someone else already knows and wants to start one?). I guess this one would be good to come to for the more gory details or just to vent about things, but it would be nice to include those trying who haven''t got the infertility diagnosis hanging over their heads.

It''s really nice to have other people who are going through or have gone through similar things, since I don''t have any friend IRL who are TTCing or having problems with infertility right now. It''s nice to have another safe place to talk about things, because although all of this is intensely personal, I wonder if people just don''t talk about because they feel there''s some sort of stigma attached. It really gets to you as a person, being unable to do this thing that "everyone" else can do so easily. Thank God I''m no longer having to do the anesthetic for terminations like I had to 2 years ago as part of my training program - I don''t know how well I''d be able to handle that now!

Ivanadiamond - Sorry to hear the procedure on Sunday wasn''t so pleasant and that you think they may have done it too early. Sperm can live up to 5 days, and hey, you can always top things off at home too!
emwink.gif

Not too much new with me. I think I''ve finally seen evidence of ovulation on the temps, which is a relief. Have an RE appointment next Thursday to see what the 7dpo bloodwork shows. The clomid really put a crimp in the cervical mucus this time around, so I''m not really hopeful... Oh well, I''ll just wait and see what happens and try not to stress about it!

Back to work!
Kate

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m still pretty new to PS, so I don''t know how the thread would work either.

So, with the Clomid, are you having any side effects? I was SO moody! Then it was like a chore to have sex. Hips up on a pillow, feet on a wall...

I actually had a doctor tell me that we shouldn''t use any toys, etc and we should have the lights off during "conception sex". Has anyone else been told these things?
33.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny, your story is truly an inspiration. i''m so happy it had a happy ending.
i agreed that a thread devoted to the mommies in waiting is an awesome idea.
i wished there was one when i was going through my emotional roller coaster.
the pregnancy thread has many supportive and understanding ladies, but it was a bit hard for me to
read post after post of these ladies getting pregnant so easily.
i was happy for them, but at the same time gets depressed because it reminds of my own inability to conceive.
it is especially frustrating when you have people constantly asking you when you are going to start a family as if it is something that is within your control.

ivanadiamond, glad to hear that the IUI is better. hope you don''t have to go through too many of cycles of IUI.

kate, glad to hear that you are ovulating. are they going to prescribe something to get your cervical mucous in sync''ed with your ovulation?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Lili - I''m not so sure about ovulating this time. I think it probably happened. Last month the CM was way better, so I''ll be asking about that next week. I don''t think my RE prescribes estrogen much (but I think I''ve seen people on it with the clomid), but she might prescribe mucinex, or might switch to femara. I''ll soon find out - though hopefully this will be it.

I found out yesterday that my cousin''s wife miscarried sometime between the ultrasound she had about 4 weeks ago when she was spotting and yesterday''s ultrasound where there wasn''t a heartbeat any more. She had gotten pregnant during her first cycle off the pill, so at least she and her husband know they can conceive pretty easily, but it''s still horrible. I think she has to wait for an appointment to figure out what to do now.

Did you guys see the preggos-in-waiting thread? I wonder if having a thread called Mommies-in-waiting might be confusing? The ladies-in-waiting list that''s pinned to the top of the page doesn''t really seem to have any supportive discussion, just keeps track of who''s waiting to get engaged. Maybe we should just start one called "Trying to get pregnant" (or something a little more creative than that - Trying to put a bun in the oven) where someone could post a list of those who''ve joined in the first post and keep editing it to keep it up-to-date?

Kate

lili

Ideal_Rock
Kate, I like "trying to put a bun in the oven". It''s cute
9.gif

Sorry to hear about your cousin''s miscarriage. I hope she recovers quick and has better success the second time around.

Was there no CM at all? Mine wasn''t that good either. I noticed that my CM wasn''t as much as lasted as long as when I was in my 20s.
What I tried to do is drink alot of water during my window. I think it helped a bit.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Hi All.

I skimmed the first couple of pages, but I wanted to share my story...I rarely come to the "Family, Home & Health" boards, so I came across this thread by accident. I, too, was dx''ed with PCOS (and I am not your typical PCOS patient either), and with the help of Clomid / Metformin, we now have 2 beautiful, healthy children.

With our first, what happened was that I stopped taking the pill and then didn''t get my (.) for ~3 months. Hmm, I knew I always had pretty irregular cycles, but this was totally odd. So, I got a whole work-up and that''s when they dx''ed me with PCOS. Most people usually TTC for much longer before getting an infertility work-up, but I''m married to a physician and we wanted answers right then and there.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I started the Clomid (50 mg) / Metformin regimen and using the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor, I was able to get pregnant on cycle 3.

When we were ready to have another baby, I put myself back on Clomid only (100 mg) and once again, got pregnant on cycle 3. The Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor is a godsend because I never ovulated on day 14 or whatever is the "typical" day. For those of you out there TTC, I highly recommend it.

I just wanted to share that I, too, am your atypical PCOSer (thin) and have successfully had two children using just Clomid and Clomid + Metformin. I''ve shared my story with plenty of people in our community / circle of friends...infertility is more common than you think, people just don''t talk about it very openly. I''m more than happy to further elaborate on my experiences, feelings, etc. TTC is an emotional rollercoaster. I was literally obsessed and would drive DH nuts because I couldn''t stop thinking / talking about it. I just wanted to perseverate and perseverate. It''s really hard, and so I totally empathize with all of you going through it now. If I can be of any kind of support or help, let me know.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My RE doesn''t want to put me on Metformin with the Clomid, but rather try Clomid and HCG. Is this normal?

I feel like a bit of a fraud on this thread b/c I am somewhat ambivalent about having children to begin with. While I find infertility really annoying, it''s more b/c life and work just keep throwing up obstacles to actually TTC, e.g. having to be out of town when I might be ovulating, etc. I just wish we knew if I could get pregnant or not, which would let me move on to whatever is next.

And I find it annoying that the federal govt (our employer) doesn''t pay for fertility treatment, though they would almost 100% pay for a "freebie" baby.
29.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was on Clomid for several cycles, and I was never put on Metformin with it. OF course, it didn't work for me...However, my dr said the Clomid was too hard on my ovaries to begin with, so maybe the Metformin would have been harder physically? But, I digress... I've recently heard that one of my husband's aunts used Clomid and got pregnant twice. The oldest is ten and the youngest is six. Also, I've learned that I have an aunt who used Clomid to conceive. Her daughter is 17. So it worked for them.

None of us are in the exact same boat, so please don't feel like you don't belong here. You are taking a very proactive approach to starting your family, and with the way you're going about it, of course you would have questions and need support. Please ask away!

Good Luck!
1.gif

And I'm totally on board with you about the insurance!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Lili, when I say my RE yesterday, she said my mucus was borderline, but not terrible. It was just a lot wors than what I had before. She''s now prescribed guaifanesin (the decongestant in robitussin, but in way higher doses and capsule sustained release form) in case I want to try it this month.

Cutey - thanks for checking in and telling us your story. I''m so happy things worked out well for you and your DH. I''m keeping busy at work and am otherwise happy with my life, so I''m not horribly devastated that we haven''t been able to add children to it yet. On the other hand, I''m darn frustrated that most other people I know seem to get pregnant pretty easily, and I feel like I''m just incompetent in one of the most basic areas of a woman''s life. Hopefully things will work out soon for us.

Logan - I''m not really sure what''s normal when it comes to any doctors. Most seem to have their own preferred practice or thing they''re comfortable with. I know my family doc said she always puts her pts with PCOS on metformin alone, and it usually has a good effect on them. It just didn''t do much for me. I know just what you mean about the TTC obstacles - I always seem to be on 24h call (I''m a medical resident) on the nights when I have the best cervical mucus and it''s supposed to be the ideal time for sex. And my husband''s had a couple long-distance business trips lately, which wasn''t easy. And then trying to hope that I could get my bloodwork done at the right time while we were planning a two-week vacation, or that I''d figure out how to keep my HCG "refrigerated" while we were away. It''s all so stressful. And you''re so absolutely right about the not paying for fertility treatment. Health care in Ontario is free, but they''ll only cover I think 3 cycles of IVF (not the meds, which run around $3000-4000 Cdn per cycle) if the woman has both tubes blocked. If it''s male factor, tough luck. If it''s only one side, tough luck. And yet they''ll pay for breast reduction surgery if you''re suffering physicially from the large breasts, or lung resection surgery for those how have given themselves cancer by smoking for 40 years. We (usually) haven''t done anything to make ourselves infertile, but we''re treated worse than the alcoholics or smokers or obese type 2 diabetics who, through those very addictions (alcohol/cigs/food), place a tremendous burden on the medical system. Craziness!! (And of course you belong on here, even if you have some ambivalence about actually having kids. I probably still do, deep down)

Somethingshiny - It''s nice to hear about clomid working for people you know. Hope it works for me soon!

Ivanadiamond - how are things going for you? You must be getting close to testing time. I''ve tested the last two mornings to see if I can figure out how long it takes for the HCG boosters to leave my system. So far there''s still HCG in there from them at 5 days after the last shot. I''ll have to see what tomorrow brings. Had a faint bit of brown in the CM today, so I hope this isn''t the beginning of the end. Good luck to you!

Kate

mrs-h-

Rough_Rock
DRK, It takes about 10-11 days for the HCG to leave your system i think, Best of luck.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again. As expected, I''m still here. The HCG was still making the HPTs turn slightly + when AF arrived. Tomorrow I''ll have the "pleasure" of starting a follicular ultrasound series to see if anything grows on my new dose of 50mg x5d of clomid and if anything actually ruptures. My bloodwork last month was fairly crummy and didn''t indicate ovulation. This is bloody frustrating! And of course I logged onto facebook a couple days ago to run into the 3D 18wk ultrasound photos of one of my old high school friends who I didn''t know was pregnant. Her husband is away for a few weeks at a time for work, and somehow they manage to conceive without any problems. I sure hope my turn comes soon!

How are the rest of you doing?
Kate

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, DRK, I''m sorry you''re having a bad day. Those follicular ultrasounds stink! No luck here yet. But, we''ve decided not to do any of the fertility treatments this time. We ended up getting pregnant with our son after we''d given up on all the medical stuff, so who knows. I did have the pleasure of two cysts bursting this past week. That''s always a *good* time. We just get better and better at rolling with the punches! Good luck with your upcoming appointments.

Oh, Mr Clean Magic Erasers get crayon off of wood floors quite easily. But, I made the *mistake* of making my son clean it with me. It was so much fun he wants to do it all again!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I actually saw a tv show this morning on discovery health channel I think called Baby Lab. It followed 4 women in their struggle to conceive at a hospital in St. Louis. Just an FYI in case you get this show in your area!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I thought I''d report on my RE appointment today and bump this thread. How are the rest of you doing?
Supposedly my follicle likely ruptured, but my LH surge seemed a little protracted and the follicle got too big before it ruptured - thus the uncertainty that ovulation worked well. My cervical mucus was really crummy. I''m supposed to add amoxil to the mix as a mucus enhancer (I''m already on guaifenesin), and this time around I''m supposed to do daily bloodwork starting cycle day 12 so that she can tell me when to do an HCG trigger shot. We''re hoping that will help me ovulate properly, though at this point my hope is fading fast. And oh thrill of thrills, I get to do another follicular ultrasound series too next month.

I sure hope things are going better for you all!
Kate

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2007 7:52:17 PM
Author: drk
Supposedly my follicle likely ruptured, but my LH surge seemed a little protracted and the follicle got too big before it ruptured - thus the uncertainty that ovulation worked well. My cervical mucus was really crummy. I''m supposed to add amoxil to the mix as a mucus enhancer (I''m already on guaifenesin), and this time around I''m supposed to do daily bloodwork starting cycle day 12 so that she can tell me when to do an HCG trigger shot. We''re hoping that will help me ovulate properly, though at this point my hope is fading fast. And oh thrill of thrills, I get to do another follicular ultrasound series too next month.

I did not have the interest or the stamina to keep trying to conceive when I knew I could adopt a healthy, young baby from abroad and even pick the sex. I was very resentful about everything I had been put through, with no explanation of alternatives, no discussion of adoption as an option, by the fertility assembly line. The doctors just told me what each step would be next, never even considering that I might want to get off the treadmill at some point.

I know my primary GYN at the time was going through the same things I was. She went on to have five cycles of IVF, becoming pregnant on the fifth. I think that she had something to prove: a real desire to have that biological child, to beat infertility, to have a child with her husband...whatever it was. I just wanted a baby, a healthy baby, that I could have from the earliest days. I didn''t want one that had languished in an orphanage and would have trouble bonding. Because I had belonged to the Latin American Parents Association, I knew that I could find a "source" (adoption terminology here) for such a baby.

I knew adoption was better for me than banging my head against the wall. It was really, really easy for me to accept.

Deb
34.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Deb~ I''m glad you found adoption and that it proved to be a good solution for your difficulties. I tried to carry for six years, although I never tried IVF because I didn''t have trouble conceiving. We looked into adoption three times during that six years. We were told we were too young, too poor, and not in the "right" type of city. SO, while I''m happy for you, I think the system still needs tweaked so more of those precious lives can get good homes.

DRK~ I''m thinking about you.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Kate-
Hang in there. Hope this month is better for you.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2007 3:47:40 PM
Author: somethingshiny
SO, while I'm happy for you, I think the system still needs tweaked so more of those precious lives can get good homes.

somethingshiny, I cannot tell you how strongly I feel about this topic! You are preaching to the choir! One of the saddest things I saw in international adoptions was the repeated trend of a country deciding that its children would be better off being adopted within its own borders. The country would refuse to let foreigners adopt infants, supposedly to encourage its own nationals to adopt them. The infants would then languish in institutions, and eventually the country would realize that the system didn't work and go back to letting foreigners adopt infants. In the meantime nothing could give back the years -those earliest years in which infants bond with parents- to the children who had been left without parents due to the incredibly stupid policies governments had attempted to make work.

If you still want to adopt, I would not give up. I'd keep my name on every domestic list. I have had friends who were shocked when out of the blue they were called by a county and told their name came up.

I would also look at international adoptions. Each country is different. Each source is different. I believe any reasonably healthy (mentally and physically) person, single or married, who can provide for a child will be able to adopt one from some foreign country.

Deborah
34.gif

Aussiegem

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

What gorgeous kids you have mrs-h and AGBF!

I lurk here looking for eternity ring and pendant inspiration and came across this thread by accident!

Kate, I totally identify with your story-I''m an anaesthesia reg in Australia, and DH and I have been TTC for 6 months. In that time my sister has had a baby (got pregnant cycle #1), my BF has had a baby and two of my close friends have announced their pregnancies. I have been frustrated with myself and my internal reaction to their good news when we have had no joy!

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17-and have been on the pill since then. We wanted to get my training out of the way first before TTCing. Because I''m not overweight and never exhibited signs of hyperandrogenism I was optimistic that we would be okay. Now I''m six months down the track with a very irregular cycle. Plus I don''t know about other shift workers but night shift doesn''t do much for the libido (or opportunities for that matter!
40.gif
)

So, off to the O&G for me!

Best of luck Kate and ivanadiamond-you are definitely not alone!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Deb~ I hope you''re right that someday, just about anyone who wants to provide a home for a child will be able to. We have a 1 1/2 year old now, so we don''t have intentions (at least for now) of trying to adopt.

I do have an acquaintance who was just able to adopt her second daughter from China. It''s their first daughter''s sister (supposedly). So the Chinese adoption people contacted their original case worker for them.

Friends of the family were just able to adopt their second child too. They have done local adoptions three times. The first adoption fell through after they had the little girl for almost six months. Somehow the birth mother was able to get her back. Their second adoption was a complete surprise. They were called one night and asked if they could pick up a baby the next day at the hospital. They had to borrow a carseat and drive several hours to bring her home. Now, they just adopted their second (third) baby. Similar to last time. Just called and asked to come get her.

It''s weird how sometimes it seems so easy, and other times so hard to be able to raise a child.

Are you planning on adopting again?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, congratulations on your baby, somethingshiny. If you have a toddler, you wouldn''t want to adopt another child soon! I, also, am not planning to adopt another child since mine is almost grown up and I was 41 when she was born. Earlier in the thread there is a link to her baby picture. This is a recent one; she just turned 15.

Deborah
34.gif

BlackandWhitePhoto.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m going in tomorrow for my first IUI; part of me is really hopeful, and the other part is pessimistic. I would just rather know if it''s going to work or not so we can move on. Whether we have a biological child first or not, we still plan on adopting from S. Korea. All the bloodwork that has to be done is really hard on me, as I have very small veins and they usually have to poke around in both arms, leaving me with tremendous bruising. It''s gross!

I did my first HCG injection last night and I thought I was about to pass out from the anticipation! I got all lightheaded and nauseous, but it was actually really painless and easy.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Deb- What a beautiful young lady!

Logan Sapphire~ Good Luck tomorrow!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock

First and foremost sorry I have been so mia lately, I have been avoiding this thread hoping that I could come back to it with better news, two months of iui''s and no success. I even started acupuncture this month. I am usually a happy, positive person but this experience is ripping me to the core and making me into a person I don''t recognize. It has officially been one year this month and I can''t seem to get out of my funk, I haven''t stopped crying for the past 4 days. I thought I was ok, but I have seem to hit my breaking point. I hate to write this, because it admits to how low I feel, how unhopeful I am and how much this has broken my spirit-

I have three friends left that do not have children yet. Two couples both started trying in the past few months, both are pregnant and 1 couple is starting to try now and I hope more than anything that they don''t go through what my husband and I are going through, but I also feel like such a failure and alone in my struggle. I keep thinking why not me? why not this month, this try, this iui? why is god not blessing me? I know many people try for so much longer than 1 year. But I am devastated.

It would be an understatement if I said this hasn''t affected my marriage. Two weeks ago, I think my husband was about to give up on us, now we seem closer than ever but our relationship is def. taking a beating.

DRK, Logan Sapphire and Kate- I truly pray that things go better for you! Fairy dust and baby dust to you all!

lili

Ideal_Rock
*hugs* Ivanadiamond.
I wish there was something that I can say to make you feel better.
You are still very young, so don''t give up.
I know it is so just unfair when you see other people just getting pregnant w/o even trying.
Hang in there and your day will come. *hugs*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone....

I''ve been lurking on this thread because I have a friend who has been trying for 5 years. They haven''t done IVF yet, but have done clomid, acupunture and will be trying IUI. She really wanted to conceive naturally, so hence how long she''s gone before trying IUI.

Wanted to give everyone some babydust, but coming out of lurkdom on this thread to give ivanadiamond an especially big hug today.

I don''t have any particularly sage or comforting words to give you...just wanted to let you know that I feel for you and that I hope you can find the strength to keep hoping and trying. Hugs to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results