shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else out there dealing with infertility?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
IG - I''m so sorry to hear of your friend''s loss. I think Diver''s on the money and you''re doing the right thing to let her know you''re there for her if she needs anything. I can''t imagine how awful she''s likely feeling right now. I hope she gets pregnant again quickly when she feels ready to try again.

Deb - yes, med school was in my background, and for some reason I was really interested in reproductive endocrinology back then too. Must have had some inkling that I''d been needing to know these things some day. Hey, at least you described it well and got the fancy-word-spelling right, cause no one outside of the medical profession except those going through infertility treatment would likely have a clue what IUI means!

IvanaDiamond - No luck for me this month. I''ll be starting the clomid again tomorrow at the same 25mg x5 days level I did last month. Hope your DH''s sperm analysis turns out well. Mine''s up for a repeat test next month after I get the lovely collection condom from the RE (she misplaced her supply when moving offices, so had to order some more). Apparently she thinks using one gets you a more realistic sample than trying to catch the good stuff in a specimen container.
What sort of shots will you have to give yourself this time? I''d imagine just the HCG trigger, or are you doing injectibles to stimulate ovulation too? I''ve done the HCG support injections for a few months now, and they aren''t that bad. It''s a tiny insulin needle, and doesn''t hurt too much. I''ve heard of people using ice to numb the spot, or you could probably get a prescription for some emla cream if you really can''t stand needles. Of course I''ve done most of my own blood draws with a slightly larger needle to save time (since I''m generally working when the hospital outpatient lab''s open - my RE thinks I''m really strange), so I''m not needle phobic. Maybe your DH will have to train and do the shots for you. I don''t think mine could handle that though, so it''s a good thing I don''t mind doing them myself.
I was feeling so hopeful this past month with no spotting and a 16 day LP, and what I thought was a + HPT 5 days after my last HCG shot. I don''t know if it was leftover from the shot, or if I had a chemical pregnancy this month or what. I just hope next month is even better and I finally get pregnant. I saw a home video that caught a couple shots of my SIL''s 16wk baby belly (she actually looks pregnant already) last night, and got pretty sad wishing it were me too...
Well, take care, and keep me posted!

Kate

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 6:57:58 PM
Author: Pandora II
Just a rather odd suggestion...

Have you tried acupuncture?

My dad, who is a very orthodox GP and has no time for homeopathy etc is very keen on acupuncture. He did it for around 20 of his patients who were having a lot of trouble conceiving and 19 were pregnant within 2 months.

He calls it his ''witchcraft''.

No idea how it works, but with zero side effects it might be worth a try.

That''s one possible route to take. My sister-in-law had trouble conceiving her second child even though she and her husband checked out ok. The OB-GYN told her that her only option is invitro being that she''s close to 40. She went to an acupuncturist instead and conceived in 2 months.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Drk and Ivanadiamond,

Sorry to hear that you are going with this TTC emotional roller coaster.
I wish you two the very best and that the ride won''t be much longer.

mrs-h-

Rough_Rock
Hi DRK,

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in suffering with Infertility, i TTC for 8 years before finally conceiving my daughter.

I went to my GP (The UK version of a family doctor) after a year of TTC with no success and was referred to the Assisted Conception Unit at my local hospital, they ran tests on my D.H but not on me as we already knew my BIL was having problems too, anyway my D.H suffers from Ogliospermia and we were told that the only way we would conceive was to do ICSI, so we waited on the NHS list as at the time we couldnt afford to go private, waiting lists can be extremely long, and it was 2 years before we had our 2 ICSI cycles which had been allowed on the NHS, both were BFN''s.

We decided to take a year out from TTC (i was 27 and D.H 36) so we were told time was on our side, so a year later when we had saved enough for another ICSI my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and we decided to put TTC on hold til she was better which took almost 2 years, so the day she got the All Clear we had our 1st appt at our private fertility. My D/H had another SA done and he was asked to repeat it again as they only found 2 sperm in his sample and the 2nd one showed none at all, at this point our consultant basically told us that our only chance of conception now was to use a sperm donor, but in the UK they are very scarce and we had to wait 6 months for a donor match. We had 3 DIUI''s and all were BFN''s we decided to re-evaluate things and maybe consider doing DIVF instead of the IUI''s, we had decided to give it another year and call an end to it all, our clinic had advised us to do another 6 DIUI''s and then think about the DIVF but every DIUI cost us £1050, Approx $2100 and the DIVF would cost £6550 $13100 approx, and money was starting to become an issue with the consultants fees on top as every time we had to see him we were £150, i was glad we had finally come to a decision about the whole thing and we had a point at which we would say enough was enough as i didnt know how much more i could take emotionally.

No-one was more shocked and surprised than me when i got my elusive BFP only a month after my last BFN cycle and it was a Natural BFP which was miraculous, my D.H didnt let himself actually beleive it for a number of months even after he saw our wee miracle on that screen a few times but eventually it must have sunk in, we now have the most adorable 7 month old baby daughter.

I couldnt have gotten though the last couple of years without a site called fertilityfriends, the help, support and advice i got and still get from them is invaluable, we are TTC again naturally but have no expectations of it happening, i already have 1 miracle and thats enough for me ATM although that can and probably will change.

I wish you the very best of luck in TTC as i know firsthand how hard it can be.

Deborah

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Deborah - thanks so much for telling me your story. It certainly is an incredible one, and I can''t even begin to imagine how overjoyed you must be to have a beautiful daughter at the end of such a long struggle. Congrats to you and your DH to keeping your marriage strong and staying together through the 8 years of pain - I''m sure not many couples have the strength to get through trials like that. I hope you do end up getting another miracle BFP so you can give your daughter a sibling, but if not, I''m sure she''ll enrich your life immeasurably on her own.
Kate

mrs-h-

Rough_Rock
Hi DRK,

Thanks, my story is a strange one, i think anyway, i have to admit that having to deal with our infertility has been one of the most stressfull things in my life, second only to my mum''s illness, my daugher is truly a miracle and i thank god every day for her, i know how extremely lucky we are to have her as there are couples on the website i mentioned before who have gone though a whole lot more than we have and still havent acheived their dream, some sadly have parted over it too and i can see how that can happen as it takes over your life. My D.H and i celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary next month and having our DD to celebrate with us is really a dream come true, I hope that you and your D.H wont have to endure what we have on our Infertility journey and that your dream comes true very very soon.

Deborah

Hey ladies,
I just stumbled across this thread... I don''t normally read pricescope since engagement ring shopping but was looking for a place to ask some jewelry questions... and am glad to see this thread! Infertility seems to be one of those things a lot of people don''t feel comfortable talking about, so it is good to see this thread and read the success stories here.

Drk, I am also dealing with a PCOS diagnosis, though I guess atypical PCOS because I have some but not all characteristics. My RE did not want to put me on metformin or test an A1C (I haven''t been able to get to a doctor''s office to get a fasting sugar, my job schedule is tough) What criteria did your RE use to put you on metformin? Also Clomid has done nothing for me so far. Anyway, just thought I''d let you know I relate to your story... I think you mentioned having been in med school at some point which is funny because I am a physician as well (though I remember almost no ob/gyn from med school so have learned more about all that since dealing with my own stuff!)

Pandora, that''s interesting to hear your dad''s experience with using acupunture...I have heard this but am just a wimp about needles - I need to get over that and try it!

Anyway, my fingers are crossed for all of us to be able to build our families... It''s a tough road and hard when it seems like everyone around you get pregnant really easily.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t know that I am actively dealing with it, but I have to say it is in the back of my mind a lot--

My freshman year of college they thought I had acute appedicitis and did a CAT scan. Turns out, no appedicitis. They did however find a tilted and bifurcated uterus.

I will never forget this (female!) doctor who snapped the folder shut and said, "Well, I don''t know if you could have children, but possibly kittens." I guess that was her way of joking that my anatomy was more suited to a cat than a person???

My OB/GYN at the time said you know, without a bunch of other tests I can''t tell you anything for sure, and there''s no point in it now---make sure you get some testing before you try to conceive as it could be dangerous, etc. I suppose when we start trying in about 3-5 years I will go get checked out.

IG I''m so sorry about your friend. My mother had several miscarriages and her advice was very similar to Diverr''s...esp regarding the "its good it happened early" comments. Although she does refer to the miscarriages as miscarriages but says she "lost a child" about the very late-term, viable one. I think there is a difference when the child is so close to being born.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deborah and questionaboutsettings,

I hope you will stick around and continue to participate in this thread. Since you both seem to be trying to conceive or are open to conceiving you certainly belong here! I would love to see this thread turn into a really supportive community. I was never more tense than when I wanted a baby and was feeling unsure I would ever get one. (In my case I was open to adoption, but my husband was not which certainly put the pressure on me to conceive!)

PS-How about a photo of your 7-month old, Deborah?

Deborah
34.gif

mrs-h-

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Deborah, as requested, a pic of my miracle.

IMG_0108 (Medium).JPG

Hey ladies! I was wondering if any of y''all had had an SHG, and if so, how much did it hurt? I am a big wimp about pain and am wondering how painful the procedure was. Reading about it it doesn''t seem like it would be that bad, but it would be great to hear from anyone who''d done it. Also if you felt just fine aftewards and okay to go back to work, or if it would be better to take a day off and not have to go back to work? Of course I know that everyone''s experience is different and it''s my own decision, just thought I''d see what others thought!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 7:45:12 PM
Author: questionaboutsettings
Hey ladies! I was wondering if any of y''all had had an SHG, and if so, how much did it hurt? I am a big wimp about pain and am wondering how painful the procedure was. Reading about it it doesn''t seem like it would be that bad, but it would be great to hear from anyone who''d done it. Also if you felt just fine aftewards and okay to go back to work, or if it would be better to take a day off and not have to go back to work? Of course I know that everyone''s experience is different and it''s my own decision, just thought I''d see what others thought!

You mean HSG (hysterosalpingogram) where they inject some sort of dye to see if your fallopian tubes are open?
I can''t say for others, but it is more of a discomfort than pain for me when the inject the dye.
I was up and about after the test. I just needed to wear a pad because there were some residual dye in my uterus.
The only thing they told me was to take couple of days of pelvic rest.
The procedure itself isn''t long if everything is ok.
Hope that helps. Good luck.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I had that procedure done as well and it was honestly no biggie- you have mild pain, but nothing too bad- I didn''t go to work afterwards though- Good luck!!!

lili and ivanadiamond - thank you so much for your replies! lili, you''re right - I did mean HSG. Glad to hear it wasn''t too bad for either of you, that makes me less nervous (I''m a total wimp.) :)

Anyone out there who''s done a successful IUI? My RE wants to start them but the 8-10% success rates I''ve seen quoted aren''t exactly inspiring. It sort of seems just like the next thing on the checklist, going through the motions, but my doctor didn''t seem all that hopeful about it. Though at least it shouldn''t hurt much? My nurse said it was similar to a pap smear.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2007 3:58:53 PM
Author: mrs-h-
as requested, a pic of my miracle.

Deborah,

She is simply exquisite! She is peaches and cream all over! When you were getting your miracle nothing was stinted!!! Thank you for sharing her. She is really a rare beauty :).

Deb
34.gif

mrs-h-

Rough_Rock
Thanks Deb, i think she''s gorgeous of course, she said MUM the other day and it made me
39.gif
39.gif

I had a HSG before my IUI''s, it is more discomfort than pain, and like Cutrock said you have to wear a pad afterwards, i did have a small amount of bleeding after mines. I didnt have a succesful IUI but i know people who have and on average they all have had roughly 6/7 cycles before turning to IVF, its not a painfull procedure and like you say the pain is similar to a smear test, best of luck.

lili

Ideal_Rock
mrs-h-

your daughter looks like one of those precious porcelain dolls
5.gif

she is indeed a miracle. i''m so happy things worked out well for you.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. H your daughter is GORGEOUS.

And your story reminded me about my boyfriend from when I was in my early 20''s. His parents tried for 12 years to have a baby, and had pretty much given up. They were quite poor, and besides, 35 years ago there were fewer options for couples having difficulties.

Well, one day his mum had an accident where she knocked her head and had to go to the hospital. In the course of the tests they did they said ''Madam, did you know that you''re pregnant?'' And along came J! As she put it "I went home with a bump on my head and bump on my tum." And he grew up to be such a kind man - and to get a Ph.D. in physics when no one in his family had ever even finished school before! So his mum is convinced he''s a gift from God. (But not in a bad MIL way!)

Who knows? Sometimes things happen when we least expect them!

But it''s funny how, when I was younger, it never occured to me to think how sad J''s mom might have been before he came along.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Drk- I never check this section of PS and funnily enough, I did just now, having come back from my HSG test. That test was extremely painful for me; while waiting for the subway to get back home, I was sweating bullets. Eesh!
39.gif
Fortunately, the dr said that the results were normal. Sort of like you, I''m on the thinner side and I also have PCOS. I don''t have any of the other symptoms, though I do need to lose about 10 pounds. My bloodwork is fine too. I saw my follicles on the ultrasound and they''re definitely jacked up. I know for a fact that I don''t ovulate. Unfortunately, my husband also has issues, and his are severe enough that we probably will not be able to have biological children. Luckily for us, we always knew we''d adopt someday, even with bio children in the mix. Our RE said that IUI most likely wouldn''t work for us, and we don''t want to do IVF for a variety of reasons. We''ll probably do one or 2 cycles of IUI for the heck of it. We just have to figure out if we even want kids that much to pursue any family...which isn''t so easy to do...

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:56:51 PM
Author: questionaboutsettings
lili and ivanadiamond - thank you so much for your replies! lili, you''re right - I did mean HSG. Glad to hear it wasn''t too bad for either of you, that makes me less nervous (I''m a total wimp.) :)

Anyone out there who''s done a successful IUI? My RE wants to start them but the 8-10% success rates I''ve seen quoted aren''t exactly inspiring. It sort of seems just like the next thing on the checklist, going through the motions, but my doctor didn''t seem all that hopeful about it. Though at least it shouldn''t hurt much? My nurse said it was similar to a pap smear.
QAS-

DH and I are doing our first round of IUI tomorrow morning...I have been in a real emotional funk lately and feel like I''m just going through the motions. I am sorta numb to the idea that I can or will achieve pregnancy. It''s almost easier to think it won''t work, rather than get my hopes up and be dispapointed again. I haven''t liked myself though in the process. It''s not a healthy state of mind but perhaps a place where i can keep it together. I can''t deny though that there is a little part of me that is really excited now and praying it works tomorrow - fairy dust me up all-over
3.gif

We did find out that my dh morphology is low, our dr put him on Conceptionxr which is a nutritional supplement designed to help male fertility. It contains antioxidants designed to decrease oxidative stress in the semen.

I did want to mention too that tomorrow is only cycle day 11 for me...I actually started my 9 day ovulation kit this morning and couldn''t believe both lines were there- It made me realize that perhaps DH and I had been trying too late in my cycle since you are normally most fertile on days 14-16... So if any of you are having problems maybe you too are ovulaing earlier.

Logan saphire- Please let us know how it goes for you and best wishes to you!

lili

Ideal_Rock
ivanadiamond,

lots of baby fairy dust for you :)

question? how long is your cycle?
what i noticed with mine is that my luteal phase is always 14 days.
basically, AF will come exactly 14 days after the last day of my fertile cervical mucous.
so my window typically starts day 11 or 12 since my cycle is around 26 or 27 days.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Lili!!

My cycles vary between 28-30 days. Are you TTC as well? I didn''t see you mentioning it. If so, best of luck to you and fairy dust all-oves~

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DRK, I am sorry you are having some problems but hope it will all work out.

I got pregnant with my first two kids easily in my 20's. When I wanted my third, I did not get pregnant right away and got concerned. A dear friend's hubby is a fertility doc and very well known in our area so I consulted him. I had a late luteal phase insufficiency so he put me on natural progesterone, and I stayed on it into the pregnancy. Gained a lot of weight from it. I also did a couple months of clomid and had an HSG. I had a blighted ovum before the HSG and then I actually got pregnant immediately after the HSG, with my son. I had a tiny bit of spotting week 7 and had to go on bed rest. That was scary but all turned out fine. He told me that I had a very thin lining and would have had a lot of issues getting pregnant, so I am glad I went to him early on. I think I have PCOS now, terrible issues and such, and am having bloodwork very soon to see what is what. I have gained weight, and have a lot of the symptoms, but at least I am done having kids so I just want to feel well now.

lili

Ideal_Rock
^_^ thanks ivanadiamond.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, there''s been a fair bit of action on here since I last checked in.

Mrs-h- your little girl is so beautiful! I hope I can someday post photos as sweet as that one...

questionaboutsettings - I haven''t done an IUI yet, though I''ve certainly seen people on fertilityfriend who have done them successfully. I''m not sure there''s much evidence out there to say they''re better than timed intercourse in the fertile period, though I''d imagine if you have crummy cervical mucous, they''d probably help. I wonder if they''re more successful because someone''s typically monitoring your follicle development, possibly giving an HCG trigger, and then putting back the sperm at an optimal time. I think the other time they''re good is when the man has a low sperm count, as they get more concentrated with the washing and end up in the right place. I definitely saw some IUI successes at the community Ob/Gyn I worked with for a couple weeks during med school.
I hope your HSG goes well. Or is it really an SHG? I had a sonohysterogram, which is like an HSG but with ultrasound monitoring and saline injection. They don''t get the real picture of your tubes with it, but get a good look at ovaries and uterus including lining, so they can rule out abnormalities in the uterine cavity etc. I took a couple ibuprofen before going for mine, and possibly a couple extra strength tylenol as well. It wasn''t too bad - strong cramps for about 1 min, but they weren''t as bad as the ones I had back in high school when I first had my period. I was totally fine almost as soon as they stopped injecting the saline, but had the day off anyhow as I was lucky enough to be post call the day I had to get it done.
I think my RE puts all her PCOS patients on metformin. I gather she''s seen a lot of them start to ovulate just on metformin alone, and thinks it helps to fix the reproductive hormonal imbalances too. My fasting sugar was OK, but my fasting insulin was on the high side. I don''t think I''ve had a HbA1C done, nor have I done the glucose tolerance test. I''m also a doctor (anesthesiology resident) with a crazy work schedule, so I know what you mean about having trouble getting bloodwork done. I ended up getting around that by having my bloodwork done at the hospital lab, and using a butterfly needle to collect it myself at home one-handedly. My RE thinks I''m strange, but I pretty much never can get to the outpatient lab during their operating hours. This way, I can just drop my blood off at the hospital core lab any time of the day or night, since they''re always open. Works well for me, though you did say you''re a wimp about needles... I''m lucky the lab has no problem with it, as long as I have a photocopy of the req and a sticker stamped with my hospital card on the tube as a label. What area do you work in now?

IG - what a great story about the miracle of your boyfriend. I know my Grandma tried for over 4 years before having my Dad, though she may have also had an ectopic in there somewhere. Sad that I''ve got that gene pool, as she came from a family with 8 kids, and my Dad''s father from a family of 9. It must have been so hard for her to wait so long for her baby when I bet most of her relatives were popping them out left, right and center.

LoganSapphire - wow, sorry to hear the HSG was so awful for you! I wonder if it depends on how easily the dye squirts out the tubes. I bet if there are little blockages and the doc puts some force behind the injection to clean them out, it could probably hurt a lot through distending the uterus. In terms of the PCOS, I''ve got a little of the acne, am a little bit hairier on the chest (really not bad, but darker than elsewhere on my upper body), and have a spot of thinner hair on my scalp where the male pattern baldness would be hitting... Sorry to hear that both you and your DH have issues. It''s one thing to think you may not want kids at all, but even so, thinking that you might never be able to have them if you do decide to go that route is just as unfair. Hope you''re able to make a decision both of you can be at peace with.

Ivanadiamond - best of luck with your IUI tomorrow! I hope it''s the first and last one you''ll ever need to have. For the most part, the ones I''ve seen haven''t been painful (assuming the doc has some skill with a speculum), so I hope you fly through it. I know what you mean about not getting your hopes up and not liking yourself - I''m not thrilled about my pessimism or my periodic jealousy of my pregnant SIL, but that''s where I''m that these days. My DH''s morphology is 40%, which is borderline low. He was put on selenium 100mg twice daily, Vit E 400IU daily and Vit C 500mg daily by my RE. I think we''ll be retesting his semen later this month, so I''ll be interested to see if anything has improved after a few months on the supplements.

Diamondfan - sorry to hear you''re having such a rough time with the likely PCOS now. I hope you and your Dr can get it sorted out soon so you can start feeling good again quickly. I haven''t gone the low glycemic index diet route yet, but some say that''s good...

Rainbowtrout - can''t believe the damn doc was so insensitive! I''ve heard from quite a few women that they''d rather have a male ob/gyn because they''re more sympathetic and nice - your story is fitting in with that description! I doubt a bifurcated uterus would be dangerous from what I remember, but might put you at more risk of miscarriage. I hope your doc has better news for you when you do decide to start trying!

My CM has dried up, but my temp is still low, so I don''t know what''s going on this month. If only I''d started the ovulation tests a few days back, I might have had more of a clue...

lili

Ideal_Rock
hmm...don''t know what happened to my story. guess i must have deleted by accident.

anyway, my husband and i had been trying to conceive for the longest time. you''d think i''d do something after a year of no result. nah, being the procrastinator that i am, i dillydallied for 3.5 years before i finally decided to get off my lazy butt and go see a doctor to see if there was something wrong with us. i am a bit on the skinny side, but i doubt it was interfering with my ovulation since my period was pretty regular. my husband thought otherwise. i guess you can say both of us went through the phase of finger pointing (a good way to start arguments in a relationship). so after posting on here, i made an appointment with my primary care physician back in 9/06. she misdiagnosed me and said that i am suffering from hypothyroidism after running a blood test. she chastised me for taking a prenatal vitamin because i''m not pregnant, so told me to not take it and come back for another blood test. second blood test is still a tad on the lower range, so she referred me to an endocrinologist. the endocrinologist said that my thyroid is on the lower side, but it shouldn''t interfere with my ovulation since my prolactin was normal. since i was having fertility issue, he put me on a low dosage of thyroid med for a month and to basically try and see. i used up my med and decided that these two doctors don''t know jack, so i dropped them and switched insurance company. fortunately for me, my company offer one health insurance plan that covers infertility treatment. for any ladies out there who are having infertility issue, make sure your insurance covers 100% for infertility because the tests can be pretty costly. so i switched plan and dillydallied for a couple of months . finally by april 07 i called and schedule an initial consultation with the infertility specialist. he ordered a slew of bloodwork for me and verified that all my hormones (estrogen, progesterone, prolactin, thyroid, and what have you) are where they should be and i have a good clean bill of health. my husband''s sa come back good as well (for which he was more than ecstatic because i can no longer finger point him ). poor guy, had to put up with my bitching and moaning months after months when my AF appear. anyway, the doc then scheduled a HSG (dye test for look at your fallopian tubes) in may 07. that test confirmed that i had one blocked tube and one severely swollen tube. he attested that it''s likely be a result of endometriosis since i did have heavy periods when i was younger. following that i had a laparoscopy (an outpatient surgery) set up at the end of june to hopefully rectify the blocked tubes. the doctor didn''t guaranteed anything, but advised that it be done. so i went back for my post-op appt with the doctor back in july and he told me the surgery was a success. he was able to clear both tubes and there was definite flow through them. being that i am 35, he suggested that i go on clomid and tried IUI (intrauterine insemination). i wanted to try a couple of month naturally first before giving clomid a go. so i scheduled a future appointment with him in september for the clomid and IUI. anyway, i just went in yesterday for my appointment. let me tell you gals there is nothing more tear-jerking than when we saw our little "peanut" moved on the ultrasound. hehe....so yes, we are expecting our first child due in april 11th 2008. it turned out that we got pregnant the first cycle after my surgery.

i wish you ladies trying the very best. with modern advancess in medicine and options like adoption, our dreams of becoming parents can be fulfilled.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
drk, I just read through your thread and wanted to comment that I am thankful you are open to adoption. We are blessed to have both biological children and an adopted daughter from China. I cannot express enough that we adore our adopted child and love her every bit as much as the others. The moment they handed her to me, an overwhelming feeling of joy and love came over me. She is no less a miracle than the other two.

We travelled to China with 11 other couples and singles, and several had struggled with fertility issues. A couple of them went on to get pregnant after adopting, because all the pressure was off. One adopted, gave birth, and then went back to adopt again for the third child! One was pregnant on the trip to China and didn''t tell anyone for fear that China would cancel the adoption! She told us in the airport in Hong Kong after we had left China proper. They now have two girls just a few months apart in age. I totally understand the desire to become pregnant...I have been there. But if it isn''t meant to be, there is no reason to give up being a mother. If we had been younger when we adopted our daughter, we most certainly would have gone back to adopt again. Ironically, we are visiting a church this morning because the speaker is the founder of an orphanage in Haiti. There are just so many babies in this world without parents to love them. It is just something that breaks my heart. Thanks for allowing me to share this on your thread, and I do hope and pray that you are pregnant very soon!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Lili - congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting that the lap worked so well (and that you didn''t have to go for the clomid IUI junk). I know what you mean about good insurance. For whatever reason, my RE is covered by my provincial insurance (though I think if I were doing the same at a fertility clinic, I''d likely have to pay myself), and my insurance has covered all my meds so far. Not sure what will be covered if it comes to more advanced procedures, but I''m hoping that getting me ovulating will do the trick soon.

Diamondseeker - Thanks for the positive words on adoption. One of my husband''s former coworkers is going to China in the next couple weeks to pick up her second adopted child, and he''s really excited for her. At least I know he''s very open to the idea of adoption too just from the way he talks about what she''s been going through. I know I''d go as far as IVF, but would definitely think about adoption too. We''ll see where this journey takes us, and go from there.

Ivanadiamond - I hope everything went well for you today!

Kate

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2007 4:49:24 PM
Author: Logan Sapphire
That test was extremely painful for me

It was for me, too, LS. I said it above somewhere. For me it was excruciating. Like you, I never had a problem with adoption and readily embraced it as an option. It was the very best thing we could have done. In this thread there is a link to my daughter''s baby picture, but I recently took some photos of her. I may edit them and try to upload one. She is the apple of my eye.

Deb
34.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Drk. I was really happy that I didn''t have to go on Clomid and go through IUI.
I hope that jumpstarting your ovulation will do the trick too. Lots and lots of baby fairy dust for you and ivanadiamond so that you''ll join the ladies over at the pregnancy thread soon
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results