shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Else Name Their Jewelry Pieces?

Deco_Darling

Rough_Rock
I know so many people name their cars, houses, etc. but do any of you name your jewelry or is it just me? :lol: Big Red for a ruby? Diana for a sapphire? I may be weird for doing this but oh well, my jewels are my babies.

Mostly I name my rings. I wear Alfie the solitaire (named after my great great grandfather Alfred who’s ring it originally was) and Ella (named after his wife) the five stone daily together so they’re basically married.

A few of my others include Anastasia the pink sapphire (for the infamous Romanov princess because the setting dates to around 1915 and Calyso the Victorian turquoise, which was solely named for the calypso blue color but worked well with my interest in mythology.

I’d love to hear if anyone else names any of their pieces and how they got their name! And of course share some bling pictures! You can also tell me if I’m crazy for doing so :lol:

P.S- please excuse my chubby fingers and poor image quality lol

28AAC44E-D55D-4020-9172-C76873E23417.jpeg
C6B8E4F1-B670-4B50-B80C-084080ADEE20.jpeg FD267168-4AB5-4850-9BD8-B7421674C842.jpeg

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I'm waiting on an ER in a couple of weeks from WF. After seeing the 'names' of various PSers rocks, I am brainstorming myself for such a title for my own beauty:D

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I already have name for my new diamond bypass engagement ring that I haven't even started the CADs for yet! :lol-2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I name all of my sentimental pieces.
There is even a website where you can officially name your diamond. I intend to do this, myself. ;)2
If you look at my threads, you’ll notice every piece I introduce has a name. :mrgreen2:
I already have an idea for a name for my bespoke anniversary ring. I intend to launch production this summer.
:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only name my engagement rings. Both named after my dear grandmother who died in 1992. One was her name and one was a nickname. My love of old cuts began with her.

Bubbalah my current and final ER OEC
bubbalahbeachandgreen.jpg

My grandma and grandpa circa 1970s

grandmaandgrandpa.jpg

My dh and I also name our cars. But I think that's it for inanimate object naming.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
E564F429-941B-4A29-B0D3-384C046ABCF8.jpeg
Naming jewels is such a charming idea! Many Pricescopers do, and it’s fun to join in. Mine are nameless with one exception, a pawn shop find that took me forever to think of options for her name! In the end, I couldn’t get the film “All of Me” out of my head. Edwina Cutwater, played by Lily Tomlin - who appears dancing joyously and awkwardly, in blush pink bias-cut satin, full of life even with all her imperfections, goofy and colorful and romantic. Yep that’s the stone’s personality.

Ahhhh, movies from the 80’s! It would be great to have a jewel called Joan Wilder... but that would have to be a huge emerald! Or a small gold heart pendant (El Corazon)!

Maybe there should be movie names for my other little trinkets. Hmmm...

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I name all of my sentimental pieces.
There is even a website where you can officially name your diamond. I intend to do this, myself. ;)2
If you look at my threads, you’ll notice every piece I introduce has a name. :mrgreen2:
I already have an idea for a name for my bespoke anniversary ring. I intend to launch production this summer.
:bigsmile:

My Engagement Ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-uisce.231677/

Heirloom Reset ER for my Son:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ps-red-carpet-debut-nancy.235090/

My 1st Anniversary Band:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sweet-november.235693/

My Wedding Ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/“buann-gra’-gach-rud”-“love-conquers-all”.236106/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results