color
clarity

Any new Leon Mege''''s Coming Soon?

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 4:05:21 PM
Author: wintotty
vbnet,

5stone cushion ring sounds sooooo gorgeous!! Is it for your Right Hand?
36.gif
No, it''s going to replace my ering & wedding band. Those were yellow gold, round channel set, with .87 pear on the ering. I''ve sort of grown over the years and they don''t fit. I thought of resetting, then upgrading, then the whole thing took on a life of it''s own.

I found LM''s 5 stones w/ pave, but that''s not what it will look like. more like http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=268
except all the sidestones will be cushions.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh Vbnet, that is one of my favorites! It is going to be gorgeous-you won''t be using the bullets though?

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
OH I''m in Heaven! those earrings are gorgeous!!!!

Wintotty!!! OMG, somehow I missed the 3 ct bracelet! YOU are wild woman! I love your style.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
oMG Bern's ring.... see that's why I love LM.

VBnet, your ring will be out of this world. He will make it perfect. Sure to be going into many people's favs!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:05:30 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
ooooh Vbnet, that is one of my favorites! It is going to be gorgeous-you won''t be using the bullets though?
I loved it as it was as well. It''s the 1st ring that I approached him on and got a quote on. But, the little antique cushions were something he just happened to have and when he lined up all 5 stones, at first, I couldn''t even speak. I was afraid to ask how much, (btw, I can''t discuss that here).
My husband stepped in and said just do it. So swoosh, just like Nike, I did it.

It''s my 25th wedding anniversary ring.
36.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Don't you love our hubbies? When I told my guy about the earrings, he just smiled and gave me a kiss and said go for it.

And and soooo many congrats on your 25th!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Missy & everybody. It''s so helpful to have the support on this website. Once you pull the trigger or each time you embark on a decision, it''s so helpful to have everyone 2 cents.

I have to tell you Missy, when we were at Leon''s he was on the phone w/ you. And Wintotty, when he showed me those tapered french cuts, I think he was going back & forth on the phone or email w/ you. I felt, I had to meet you all, we were like cushion cousins!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
What a good man! You gotta luv em!

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
vbnet,

Your ring will be gorgeous!! It was one of the toughest thing for me to decide on the setting for my cushion. All Leon''s settings are all oh so beautiful, and I probably went through his page and pricescope for more than a dozen of time to even narrow it down. I picked 2 settings from his site and got quotes for both, and just asked his opinion about the setting. He told me he would do the tapered french cut in a heart beat and went on and on about how it will look very unique one of a kind. So I was like "let''s do it, then". I still can''t really visualize how the ring will look like, but I''m sure it''ll be pretty.
It''s so amazing that quite a few of us have the cushions at Leon''s at the same time and I just can''t wait to see all of the unique pieces we are receiving at the same time around!

YES, my new ACA 2ctw studs and 3ctw tennis bracelet are sparkling mad on me as I type this post!
27.gif
27.gif
36.gif
36.gif

wintotty

Shiny_Rock
vbnet,

Now I think about it, I remember Leon mentioning the appointment he had with clients and they really wanted the tapered french cut I decided to go with. He apologized to them that he only had one set of tapered french cuts........ We are interconnected to each other linked by Leon, hehe....
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:14:45 PM
Author: vbnet

I loved it as it was as well. It''s the 1st ring that I approached him on and got a quote on. But, the little antique cushions were something he just happened to have and when he lined up all 5 stones, at first, I couldn''t even speak. I was afraid to ask how much, (btw, I can''t discuss that here).

36.gif
Congrats on 25! Do you have a photo of the five stones? I admit I cannot even picture a 3 ct center with 1ct sides and then two more stone! I hope you have a big finger! It will be spectacular. Your three main stones are similar to this ring from GOG! : http://www.vimeo.com/9217376 There is a thread on it somewhere I will try to find it.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
**For everyone's privacy and security please do not discuss contact information**

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:28:09 PM
Author: wintotty
vbnet,

Your ring will be gorgeous!! It was one of the toughest thing for me to decide on the setting for my cushion. All Leon''s settings are all oh so beautiful, and I probably went through his page and pricescope for more than a dozen of time to even narrow it down. I picked 2 settings from his site and got quotes for both, and just asked his opinion about the setting. He told me he would do the tapered french cut in a heart beat and went on and on about how it will look very unique one of a kind. So I was like ''let''s do it, then''. I still can''t really visualize how the ring will look like, but I''m sure it''ll be pretty.
It''s so amazing that quite a few of us have the cushions at Leon''s at the same time and I just can''t wait to see all of the unique pieces we are receiving at the same time around!

YES, my new ACA 2ctw studs and 3ctw tennis bracelet are sparkling mad on me as I type this post!
27.gif
27.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m sure your ring will be out of this world!!!! When Leon starts to have vision, you have to decide if you''ve got the guts to go w/ it. I was frustrating the heck out of him and when he found my sidestones he called me at school (I''m a teacher), I had just hung up w him a few minutes before. He was all excited and said "I''m sending you a picture - THIS is what we''re going to do". In as much as the design excited me, I felt OMG, he''s excited. It''s one of those artistic moments. Does the style fit what I''ve been saying, I think so, ok I think I want it. I told him my husband had to see it. He loved it and after meeting Leon, he had the same feel. WE are not artsy people. But I think we can recognize talent and I think all our rings are going to REALLY be something. This might have been one of his super creative months! Charmy poo , I''ve got the feeling your design is going to be born any day. We will certainly have fun updating the thread of Leon''s masterpieces. =)
20.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:34:36 PM
Author: dreamer_d

36.gif

Congrats on 25! Do you have a photo of the five stones? I admit I cannot even picture a 3 ct center with 1ct sides and then two more stone! I hope you have a big finger! It will be spectacular. Your three main stones are similar to this ring from GOG! : http://www.vimeo.com/9217376 There is a thread on it somewhere I will try to find it.

That video is to die for. VBnet, I''m telling you right now, your ring will be the showstopper of all showstoppers. You are one lucky lady.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock

36.gif
THANK YOU, THANK YOU I hadn''t seen this. I don''t have the photo anymore. But yes, it must be close to this. My head and shank was going to be plain, but maybe I need to ask Leon about this. I may not be able to have the trellis look because of stones 4 & 5 being tucked on the sides.
We''re joking that during staff meetings we''re going to put a flashlight on the stone & see if we can emulate a disco ball.

Thank you for all the 25th well wishes!

My finger is 6 5/8. So I am a little scared.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
aghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it I'm going back to work for awhile. I'm too excited!!!!! **For everyone's privacy and security please do not discuss contact information**

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:44:24 PM

36.gif
THANK YOU, THANK YOU I hadn''t seen this. I don''t have the photo anymore. But yes, it must be close to this. My head and shank was going to be plain, but maybe I need to ask Leon about this. I may not be able to have the trellis look because of stones 4 & 5 being tucked on the sides.
We''re joking that during staff meetings we''re going to put a flashlight on the stone & see if we can emulate a disco ball.

Thank you for all the 25th well wishes!

My finger is 6 5/8. So I am a little scared.
I prefer a plain shank and the type of baskets that Leon typically does, over the trellis style. Leave it to Leon. How big are the 4 & 5th stones anyways? Do you recall?

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
about .46 or .48 I''m getting sooo excited.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be one knockout ring Vb, wow, I can''t wait to see it. Will it replace the ring you wear for an e-ring or will it be a right hand ring?

Your hubby sounds like mine, oh so sweet. My ring will be for an anniversary too! This is number 30. I had him put a ruby inside and inscribe my wedding date. I always wanted to do that in our original
bands but never did. Hubbys b-day is in July as well as our wedding date.

Leon is totally enamored of cushion cuts these days. It seems like his new designs focus on them more. Makes me kind of wish I would have got one, but I love the sparkle of a round. Maybe I will be able to
find one in the future like arjunajane did! Her''s was an oec, but so gorgeous.

If only I could own many Leons....... How perfect for you that he was so inspired with your design. You are indeed a blessed woman!!!!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:34:40 PM
Author: missydebby
**For everyone''s privacy and security please do not discuss contact information**

My bad, sorry!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 1:09:03 PM

Charmy I love Bem''s ring, it is one of my faves, is that in buget?
Bem''s ring is beautiful but I wanted something more simple for my engagement ring.

I just went with another design because everything else I want is going to be really expensive. I am not jumping up and down but I can''t keep trying to figure it out. Want to give me your honest opinions - I still have time to change my mind. Difference is that it will be one sided mushroom pave going into one band.

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=52&mode=search

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I think that's one of the prettiest split shanks. It totally gets my vote (but I love literally everything on his site)

but (as this is an edited post) is it close enough to what you want? (a la what Luv2 says below?)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty Charmy, but it doesn''t sound like what you really want. Can you get a pretty basket design like you were hoping for? That is a pretty expensive setting, I''m amazed you can''t get closer to what
your dream ring is.

Did you talk to Leon and tell him what your budget is and what elements you most wanted? I so understand your feeling about just wanting it to be done and quit thinking about it. I have felt that way so
many times over the past year while I was trying to decide, and frustrated that I couldn''t come up with exactly what I wanted, but that feeling does pass. I promise!

It will be a beautiful ring if that is what you chose, but take some time and make sure.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy I love a split shank in that style. Would you still have pave on the basket too? Do you plan to wear a wedding band?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy, I do so hope you love what you get. That split shank is to die for if it''s what you want (or close enough)and I''m really interested in your answers to Luv''s and dreamer''s questions.

On another note, I just got the video''s of my AVC''s from GOG and I LOVE THEM! I immediately called and completed the purchase. They couldn''t be a more perfect match. I got to totally thank you dreamerd for your recommendations of the AVC''s and I feel really blessed to be able to own both AVC''s and a regular ole antique Cushion... it''s like the best of all worlds. *hugs to all my PS buddies*

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missydebby are you getting round stones or cushion shaped. The original picture looked cushion shaped but the link is round. Are those your very own stones?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 7:03:37 PM
Charmy I love a split shank in that style. Would you still have pave on the basket too? Do you plan to wear a wedding band?
Yes - there will be pave on the basket. Pave everywhere except for the sides of the band - main reason is because I love mushroom pave and you can''t do three sided with mushroom pave. I do want to wear it with a wedding band :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results