carat
color
clarity

Any new Leon Mege''''s Coming Soon?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Ok... I totally pulled a Wintotty!!!!

Just put these on hold for earrings: AVC .41 and .42 J VS1/VS2

Must. Step. Away. From. The. Pricescope...

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 4:55:42 PM
Author: missydebby

Here''s the .41

Avc .41 small.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 5:10:01 PM
Date: 5/12/2010 4:55:42 PM

Here''s the .41

Here''s the .42

AVC .42 small.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Did you get those from Leon or GOG! Gorgeous! I NEED some!!!!! Are they going to be studs or those gorgeous Leon earrings-the prob with anything Leon is the
wait. Seriously, he needs to crack the whip on those diamond setters he has working for him. 6-8 weeks is pure torture.

Tell me more MissyDebby, so I can live vicariously through your bling. Sure hope miss Wintotty posts her bling too.

Dang, I really can''t spend another cent. I have bought a few pieces this year. Although I did see the little earring on BGD that were just 375. JUST!!!

I need to back away myself but somehow I am drawn like a moth to the flame.....

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Ok... ok... here''s the story so far

Was just adding my thought about earrings and for some unknown reason clicked over to GOG. I love just looking at their diamonds, but it kills me because it was such a hard decision for me to not get an AVC for my center diamond. And low and behold they had these 2 up. I thought these have got to be new because I don''t remember seeing two so small and so alike.

So I called to ask what they thought about these being earrings and the lady who I spoke with (Sarah?) said that''s just what she thought when she saw them, and yes they were new. So I thought I better jump on these babies so I put them on hold. Now If I get them brought over to Leon for the settings, I''ll have to pay NY sales tax. Nooooooooo! So I asked if they could make settings I''m attaching. She said yes, even with the double prongs. I''m still gonna have to wait till I get to the States to pick them up, but that''l still be a month before my ring.

OK, so now I''ve totally gone over my budget. My max was 10k, the ring is $8100, shipping is $150, and now these 2 stones are like $2800. So that means I''ve gonna have to sell some more paintings, and quick
20.gif
2.gif

Oh, and they are gonna make a video of them side by side

But what i haven''t added in is that when I get back, I''m basically gonna sell most of my old jewelry off. I don''t wear them and I''m not feeling sentimental.
25.gif

e026 earrings.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say Debby, is they are gorgeous! What a great find! Did you ever get the rose cut stones for the rings for your sisters? I love those too.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my party's not until April 2011, so I'm gonna do the rings when I visit the States in Feb of 2011. Have to push that off cause the earrings cut in line
20.gif

But I'm doing well with my art, things are going well on the selling side, so I'll just re-save up for the rings.

In an effort not to highjack this thread further, I'ma gonna facebook you, Luv2
2.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Majorily sucks - I can't proceed with the workorder. It is way too much over my budget and I am already way way way over. I just can't justify it for what the ring is. Soooo depressing.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 7:21:04 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Majorily sucks - I can''t proceed with the workorder. It is way too much over my budget and I am already way way way over. I just can''t justify it for what the ring is. Soooo depressing.

What?!? I''m so sorry Charmy.
8.gif
What''s your other options? *Hugs*

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok Missydebby, can''t wait to hear!

Charmypoo, I am so very sorry! That is such a bummer! Do you have any other options? But the good news is that you found a style you love can someone else (maybe Brian) make it for you?

I found with Leon that when I deviated from his designs that were posted the price went way up. I got a quote for the Heidy and when I asked for larger stones-about a carat more- the price went
from 5k to 10k. Way too much a price jump to justify. I wanted to increase the stones on the shank to 10 pointers to match the size of my eternity, that it.

You didn''t like any of his stock designs right?

In any case, that is so very disappointing. I am sad for you, I know how you feel. Hopefully, the perfect design and price point is just right around the corner, you just haven''t found it yet. Hugs!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
No .. only Leon can execute what I want. I guess I have to change the design again.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
debby: how exciting to have a Leon piece to look forward too!
1.gif
and those two cushions for earrings will be devine! can''t wait to see the finished product!

charmypoo: sorry about that.
7.gif
Leon''s work is fairly pricey, IMO. i hope some day to own a piece of his work. he''s been on my wishlist since 2005.
2.gif

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 9:20:18 PM
Author: luv2sparkle

I found with Leon that when I deviated from his designs that were posted the price went way up. I got a quote for the Heidy and when I asked for larger stones-about a carat more- the price went

from 5k to 10k. Way too much a price jump to justify.

I think that''s normal. I am definitely paying more than I should be for what I''m getting - but I know it''s something he didn''t want to do. I know that the bands will be forged instead of CAD and cast, that the final result will be worthy of his name (i.e. beautiful) and that I have to do absolutely NO babysitting. I paid more for those luxuries - and I should!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, Charmy, does that mean you are still going to go with Leon, you will just alter your design? I looked up your old thread about design options and you liked the design by 23rd street Jewelers. It is similar
to Bem3231''s ring, could that one work for you, maybe with the bubbles in the head. Is your FI opposed to that look. I loved the 23rd design, originally that one was on my top 5 list, but when I went
there and looked at their rings, I thought the prices were really high and the rings felt flimsy and too thin to me. They look more substantial in the photos than they seemed to me in real life.

Leon''s work is definitely in a league of his own, which is why we all like his rings. I hope you are not too discouraged and you can find a place to meet in the middle. I have heard of others who told Leon
what their budget was and he tried to get them a design that would fit in it. Have you thought about doing that with him? Maybe he could come up with something fabulous that way.

I so understand your desire for a pretty profile. When I was trying to narrow down my designs that was pretty much the most important thing on my list. A simple design with a little surprise inside was
how I looked at it. Hang in, it will happen.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle - I just have to scarfice some elements that I wanted that are very difficult to do. The design I want to proceed with is similar to the 23rd street jewelers design that I like. Leon actually doesn''t like that design because he feels the lines are interupted.

23rd Jewelers is amazing and I was really impressed by their quality when I saw it in real life. Their prices are very high and I found them very difficult to work with remotely. If I was local, I wouldn''t hesitate but they just don''t respond to emails. It is really a shame because they can get a lot more business if they do.

Your post is making me feel better :) A voice of reason. I am way way over budget on my engagement ring - I went from one ring to two rings so right off the bat .. I have already blown the budget. The second diamond was significantly over budget and I already increased my setting budget by $2000 (and it was very healthy to begin with) but apparantly the number I had in mind is still not enough.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that design at 23rd street. Leon is just flat wrong on that one. It is beautiful and I think it is flowing. That is really interesting that you liked them in real life. It was at the beginning of the journey
for me and maybe I was expecting heavier altogether. I should stop in again. It is a way for me to drive, but I have a son at UCLA and we sometimes go and have lunch with him so I could pop in. I wasn''t
impressed by the staff I met that day either-but the designs on the website are so beyond gorgeous!

The whole thing is such a process Charmy, and really if it was super easy you might wonder later if you should have done more research. You are not alone in having to make compromises in the
process either. I am SURE you will end up with a ring you will treasure forever, you just have to walk through the steps.

There were so many great designs on your other thread as well but I love the designs by 23rd-the baskets are amazing!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Is this the one you like? This is one of my favorites form them. I took this pic during my visit - I just went to look through my vacation pictures.

23rdStreetJeweler-Charmy.jpg

wishingstar

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2010 10:37:11 PM
Author: Shadowplay

I think that''s normal. I am definitely paying more than I should be for what I''m getting - but I know it''s something he didn''t want to do. I know that the bands will be forged instead of CAD and cast, that the final result will be worthy of his name (i.e. beautiful) and that I have to do absolutely NO babysitting. I paid more for those luxuries - and I should!
Shadowplay, cant wait to see how your ring turns out as I''m interested in that ring as well. I would like it flush with band like yours, but also prongs to be much thinner. When are you expecting it...pls post pics from all angles when you get it!
36.gif

If you dont mind sharing, how thin is the shank? ... how much $$$ for the ring? (not sure if you ordered a band, but I''m just looking for a ring, no band) Did he quote for the original design and then give you a price for your changes?
31.gif

wishingstar

Shiny_Rock
I''m so jealous and cant wait to see ALL of your rings! I would really love a Leon
30.gif
but we''ll see if I end up going too much over budget with the stone. By the looks of it, I should start up the process of a work order with him if I need the ring by mid-July for a wedding we''re attending
31.gif

Wintotty and MissDeb...congrats on your side orders
27.gif
wish I had paintings to see.
3.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup Charmy, that is the one. I do love the one as well with the blue sapphire in it. That thing is absolutely stunning. I do think it looks a little heftier in their photos than in real life, but it is wonderful!
So many of their rings have amazing baskets. That is my favorite thing. It is a bit of ''special'' just for you. So many ring designs are so similar, there is not really that much that is new, but the
basket makes them unique. I love the band, and you see that on other rings, but they carried it to the head so nicely.

I am sure Leon can come up with a beautiful head design like that. He knows that you have taken a great deal of time looking at his designs and trying to pick one. I would think as an artist, when you know
someone loves your work, and has a budget you would make an effort to help them find a piece. It is such a compliment. Leon definitely like people who appreciate what he does.

I knew I would regret it if I didn''t get a ''Leon''. When you are set on a designer because of the aesthetic and quality that would be a compromise that I would regret. When I was deciding, I thought about
what the most important elements to me were and then went from there. The beautiful profile was number 1. I wanted something that wouldn''t look dated and that I could wear a band with.(That eliminated
the halo) and I knew that if I was going to get any pave, it had to be Leon. There are other designers who do beautiful rings (Mark Morrell and Brian) but Leon''s pave is stand-out.

Keep going, you will get there. It is so hard not to be discouraged, but I know you will end up with a gorgeous ring. Leon has often said that he would do whatever a customer wants even if he doesn''t like
it, you may have to call him on that. Or just give him freedom within your budget.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishingstar, something to keep in mind, Leon goes on vacation mid-july every year. I think if you want to order to get it before then you would have to order within the next couple weeks, just to be sure.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
MissyDebby - your earring diamonds are amazing! I can`t wait to see them completed!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, those earrings ARE amazing. I'm trying so hard not to buy anything else and you guys are making it soo hard. Good for you!! LUV those earrings. How long will take to get them?

Charmypoo, so sorry about your situation. Hang in there, you'll get it balanced out. You have to be happy though, wait until you are truly happy - it will happen!

I think Leon's vacation will be 1st week of July this year. So I'm thinking after the 4th?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy Love those earrings, some day something similar will be mine too.

Charmy I love Bem''s ring, it is one of my faves, is that in buget?

vbnet Are you doing a graduated 5 stone with a halo like the ones on his site? Details please!

Shadowplay

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 3:07:41 AM
Author: wishingstar

Shadowplay, cant wait to see how your ring turns out as I''m interested in that ring as well. I would like it flush with band like yours, but also prongs to be much thinner. When are you expecting it...pls post pics from all angles when you get it!
36.gif

If you dont mind sharing, how thin is the shank? ... how much $$$ for the ring? (not sure if you ordered a band, but I''m just looking for a ring, no band) Did he quote for the original design and then give you a price for your changes?
31.gif

I definitely plan on posting a LOT of photos when I get it. The shank is to be 2mm wide. He never quoted the original design, my plan was always to make the pair sit flush. He did quote mine with the wedding band, but he broke them out seperately. The engagement ring is a little over 4. Feel free to ask any more questions :).

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 1:09:03 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Charmy I love Bem's ring, it is one of my faves, is that in buget?

vbnet Are you doing a graduated 5 stone with a halo like the ones on his site? Details please!
which style are you thinking of, do you have a number? I'm not sure if there's anything like it on the website. I'd love to see one w/ a halo if you have one in mind.
3.13 cushion in the middle, 2 cushions close to 1ct on each side, then 2 about .45 ct on each side. no halo, although he suggested it & I thought it would be too much. Not to mention we've already broken the bank thus far.

no pics, sorry

Now it will be so hard to wait. Meanwhile I'll look for Bem's ring, I'm curious. And I doooooo luv those earrings
31.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:00:11 PM
Author: vbnet

which style are you thinking of, do you have a number? I'm not sure if there's anything like it on the website. I'd love to see one w/ a halo if you have one in mind.

3.13 cushion in the middle, 2 cushions close to 1ct on each side, then 2 about .45 ct on each side. no halo, although he suggested it & I thought it would be too much. Not to mention we've already broken the bank thus far.

no pics, sorry

Now it will be so hard to wait. Meanwhile I'll look for Bem's ring, I'm curious. And I doooooo luv those earrings
31.gif

OMG, VBnet, it's gonna be a TCP on your finger!!! (Total Cushion Party)

Can anyone post a link to Bern's ring?

Alas, I can't get the dream Mege earring settings now. If I have GOG bring the AVC's to Leon, I'll end up having to pay NY sales tax. So for now, I'm getting options from GOG. 1st will be prices for little hanging earrings like LM's in both platinum and 18k unplated white gold. Also for 4 prong platinum (James Allen sells these for $255) and for durable but inexpensive temporary settings in 14k. But my goal is to eventually bring these in for the pave dangles form LM that I orginally posted. The stones were just so beautiful, that I thought I had to jump on them now, you know?
20.gif

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2010 2:11:07 PM

Date: 5/13/2010 2:00:11 PM
Author: vbnet

no pics, sorry

31.gif

OMG, VBnet, it's gonna be a TCP on your finger!!! (Total Cushion Party)

Can anyone post a link to Bern's ring?

Alas, I can't get the dream Mege earring settings now. If I have GOG bring the AVC's to Leon, I'll end up having to pay NY sales tax. So for now, I'm getting options from GOG. 1st will be prices for little hanging earrings like LM's in both platinum and 18k unplated white gold. Also for 4 prong platinum (James Allen sells these for $255) and for durable but inexpensive temporary settings in 14k. But my goal is to eventually bring these in for the pave dangles form LM that I orginally posted. The stones were just so beautiful, that I thought I had to jump on them now, you know?
20.gif
Well MissDebby you and I think Wintotty locked up those gorgeous french cut sets. I salivated for those and was totally impossible with Leon over them but he didn't have any more and won't for quite a while. So we went round and round, and round. When the 2 1ct cushions came up I told Perry they were mine no ifs ands or buts and the $$ would be wired that day. It still took some thought to go all the way w/ 5 stones - I was scared of how the ring will feel but what the heck. Hubby loved them so I said "Ok, if you insist!" lol Guess it's a tough problem to have to deal with. Chunky cushion lover is probably beating his head against the wall if he reads this. OOh those touchy feely types! If you are reading chunky, don't take it as an attack! I love technology too, I'm just emotional over Carbon.

Do you have the link for pave dangles? NEVER MIND found them! They are delicious! Have you postponed him making your ring or did I misunderstand? Don't worry, I won't try to steal your frenchcuts!
28.gif

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
here are my Leon dream earrings... for me the perfect combo of sleek and pave. And heck, maybe in 5 years time, I'll upgrade to carat each center stones

Oh yeah, to clarify, the ring's still going through as planned. VBnet, sorry I stole your french cuts!!!
2.gif
But know what, your 5 stone cushion will be truly magnificent and so one of a kind. All of us cushion lovers will be drooling over our monitors for sure.

On a side note: I hear you on the touchy feely. For me, I feel like LM/Perry sourced antique cushions and the antique non-AVC's on GOG are just a different species than the AVC's. In fact, knowing what we all know on PS, if you love antique cushions and don't go AVC, then it's not that you want a non-performing diamond but that light return is not necessarily the highest consideration. For instance, all those antique stones, like on Erica Grace, are not flashy fireballs, but have this sort of gentle beauty. Apple and oranges to me. But I also LOVE the AVC's and am so glad to have a couple of those juicy fireballs to light up my beautiful face
3.gif
I think in the end, the discussions of the two have helped me realize that one is not going to get every factor in one stone or setting.

e728 leon earrings.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results