shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Gulf Coast folks?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I just made a trip to the convenience store and all they have left is candy, lol. My kids were excited when I came home. Everyone needs chocolate about now! Looks like the streets will flood around our neighborhood when the river rises but hopefully our home will be ok. My husband actually got our canoe from the lake behind our house in case we need it. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would say something like that!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg All I can say is if chocolate helps, you deserve a truck load. Please just let me know where I should send it to you. I'm glad you are keeping your sense of humor with all you have been dealing with. My friend told me last night to please have my phone near me. Her husband travels very often for work and she said she knows he will be driving her nuts in a day or two.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone for the prayers. We now have a house full of friends who expect to be flooded by morning. The pumps cannot keep up with the water and the projection for river flooding is above the levee system. It is truly horrific and surreal. My house and neighborhood is a few feet above but it is so scary. People are stuck everywhere. We are trying to stay positive and neighbors are coming together. There are forced evacuations in lots of places but nowhere to go. And it is still raining. My kids schools are expected to be underwater by tomorrow. Please keep the prayers coming. I will try to check in later.

P.S. I have on most of my bling so I may be swimming with it on!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata , Please extend my heartfelt sympathies to your friends. I'm glad their animals are ok.
@ceg, I'm glad y'all have a boat! I was thinking about getting a small canoe anyway because my dog loves being on boats (and paddle boards!!), and you know, this is making me think its really not that bad of an idea. storage of course would be a mystery!

@ceg, hang in there. Whatever you need to do to be safe, do it. I'll be praying for you all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1644.JPG

We are soggier and the green space next to me is starting to look like a lake, but so far so good. As you can see, I'm built up so that area can hold plenty of water away from me.

Take care and be safe! @ceg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1646.jpg

Meanwhile this is the street to my other house. My brother checked on it and said the house is dry (it is about 3 raised off the ground)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave Are you in Louisiana? I hope it's not as bad there. Stay safe.

The river will crest tonight and we will know more how the levees hold up. We lost cable and internet today but still have power and cell service so that's a blessing. We live in a master planned community with about 20,000 homes all in jeopardy of flooding tonight. My house and immediate neighborhood is about 10 feet higher so we should be ok. We received word from the residential association and county emergency office that they just really don't know what is going to happen since the flooding is unprecedented. And it's still raining. ..

CarbonBling

Rough_Rock
My heart aches for everyone in Houston (and surrounding areas). Praying for safety, quick rescues. I can't even begin to imagine....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ceg, you're in my thoughts. Be safe.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata thank you! I hope your family is safe now. It is heartbreaking to see the families here. But we will all be ok.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, ceg. I will be praying for you especially as I pray for Houston.

Deb

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg I hope things will continue to stay safe there. I kinda feel like I should stop watching the news.

I don't know if I'm able to put anything here, but I did give to Feeding Texas as they help coordinate for all food banks in Texas. The Houston Food bank is closed as are many in the SE quadrant of Texas, though they will all accept donations. There's going to be a lot of needy people out there after all of this.

So I also heard on the news that today is Hurricane Katrina anniversary. And people in the SW quadrant of Louisiana are looking to start evacuating. My goodness this is horrible.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg, I hope your family and neighbors are doing well this morning and the water is staying away from your home. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Is there anything we can do to help you?

@Matata I missed your post regarding your families homes. I'm so sorry. I hope your family members and their animals are safe.

@whitewave I hope you and your family stay dry and safe. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The images here and on TV of the terrible situation are heartbreaking, but the scenes of everyone helping each other are heartwarming.

Sending continued thoughts and prayers.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still dry in my house. Streets are impassable. House full of people and trying to feed them all. I won't be able to check in as much. But still taking it all in stride.
Maybe should have bought the tall ones! 20170829_094935.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still dry in my house. Streets are impassable. House full of people and trying to feed them all. I won't be able to check in as much. But still taking it all in stride.
Maybe should have bought the tall ones! 20170829_094935.jpg

Atta girl @ceg! I love your spirit and sense of humor! Continued prayers for you all!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you ceg, whitewave, and everyone else...

(ceg, is it wrong that in the face of tragedy I am kinda jealous of the fact that your calves are slim enough to fit inside your boots with jeans tucked in... You go, stylish girl!)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg yes, I am in Louisiana. In that pic of my second house, that is the actual street my second home is on-- but my house is about 14 houses behind the car taking the pics. And the pumps aren't working. I forgot to pay the flood insurance somehow-- they sent the bill to that house in June-- though they say they also sent it to my house, so that house doesn't have flood insurance for 2 more weeks! The water went down, but any time the pumps don't work it is highly concerning (though not on a level of what Texas is in).

Here at my primary house, the bayou is rising (I actually decided to leave the house today to go to Target while I can)

Here are some pics:

A buck! The third I have seen in nearly 20
Years:
IMG_1658.PNG

The bayou is 4 doors down and this is higher than I expected but not concerning at this point. I have seen it much higher:
IMG_1659.JPG

It is overflowing into the reserve low areas:
IMG_1660.JPG
I have seen the water touch in the middle of the road and I had to deliver UPS packages because the driver wouldn't cross the bridge (didn't blame her one bit)

One of my neighbors is a thousand acre wetland farm-- this is his road:
IMG_1661.JPG

I have seen the water completely fill this up. That is about 6 feet of water standing there at this point.

So, I'm keeping an eye on it because obviously the water rises depending on the flow from northern feeders.. but so far, so good.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170829_104217-1.jpg 20170829_104217-1.jpg 20170829_104258-1.jpg

This is the street next to ours. These homes look like they are lakefront. Have been in touch with them and no water in houses yet. We must be several feet above because my house is not in danger. The river is still rising but not expected to be as high as once projected. And it's still raining. ..

Major threat at my house is no wifi, no cable, house full of cooped up kids running around, and our friends brought their boxers to play with my lab! Crazy times!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CEG, my DH and I took Maggie (avatar at left) to Houson twice for her hip replacements and we joke that she came back to us with big fur, wearing makeup and barking with a southern accent :lol-2::mrgreen2: When she gets mad at us, we're pretty sure she's saying "Fvck y'all!" heehee (or even worse, the deadly "Bless your heart!")

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay
Southern girls ALWAYS wear makeup and try to look their best in the face of anything, lol! It is taught at a young age and it is a rule of life! ROTFL

HA ceg! I'd be the one putting on my life jacket on the Titanic only AFTER I put on my diamond studs!
@ceg yes, I am in Louisiana. In that pic of my second house, that is the actual street my second home is on-- but my house is about 14 houses behind the car taking the pics. And the pumps aren't working. I forgot to pay the flood insurance somehow-- they sent the bill to that house in June-- though they say they also sent it to my house, so that house doesn't have flood insurance for 2 more weeks! The water went down, but any time the pumps don't work it is highly concerning (though not on a level of what Texas is in).

Here at my primary house, the bayou is rising (I actually decided to leave the house today to go to Target while I can)

I have seen the water completely fill this up. That is about 6 feet of water standing there at this point.

So, I'm keeping an eye on it because obviously the water rises depending on the flow from northern feeders.. but so far, so good.

whitewave, check your policy but it may have a grace period. Hopefully you've got a window beyond the time of expiration to make a payment and reinstate.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA ceg! I'd be the one putting on my life jacket on the Titanic only AFTER I put on my diamond studs!

whitewave, check your policy but it may have a grace period. Hopefully you've got a window beyond the time of expiration to make a payment and reinstate.

I did reinstate, but there must be a couple of weeks waiting period until coverage kicks in. We have about 18 more days until coverage.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CEG, my DH and I took Maggie (avatar at left) to Houson twice for her hip replacements and we joke that she came back to us with big fur, wearing makeup and barking with a southern accent :lol-2::mrgreen2: When she gets mad at us, we're pretty sure she's saying "Fvck y'all!" heehee (or even worse, the deadly "Bless your heart!")

"Bless your heart" is the absolute worst. Lol, we have a whole book of code phrases to give the mean girls a facade of being genteel.

My personal motto (bling, makeup, anything girly) - less is less and more is better!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg. Well now you have me thinking that maybe I was born in the south. I can completely relate to the makeup always being on.

Hey @Dee*Jay A girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do. My friend who lives in Houston said she has all her diamonds on just in case they have to evacuate quickly. Her husband told her she looks like a Christmas tree.

Stay safe Ceg and Whitewave.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White wave you are in my thoughts. My niece and her family are in Shreveport.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm going to have to go to the grocery: craving jalapeno poppers lol.

And look at this-- the mamma crawfish are getting forced out of their burrows. I mean NOT THE CRAWFISH TOO!!! We must not be denied crawfish! (Lighten the mood, but seriously too....)
IMG_3505.jpg
(Baby crawfish under her tail)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results