shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Gulf Coast folks?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS has people from all over, but wanted to send major dust to the folks in the Gulf Coast. Please stay safe!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coastal Texas peeps stay safe!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law and a whole bunch of nieces and nephews are in Houston and there are nieces and nephews in Louisiana. I also have friends between Brownsville and McAllen. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed that everyone comes through unscathed.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this after posting myself. A few of us had a wonderful time visiting Whiteflash last year, and it makes it so much more personal to actually physically go there and meet the people, get to know them and see where they work. I am so concerned for all the people of that entire area, but my heart is with those I've come to know for several years through PS.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in the houston suburbs (10 minutes from whiteflash ). I don't think it will be catastrophic in the houston area. The kids are out of school though and we could be holed up inside for a few days. Prayers for those south of here.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a real soft spot in my heart for Houston, Maggie had her hip replacements there at Gulf Coast Veterinary Clinic. Wonderful people there, and so many sweet people in Houston. Southern Hospitality is not a lie.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of dust to those in the path of Hurricane Harvey. We have two vendors in Houston and I'm sure many PSers in that area. Stay safe everyone...

Edit...Oh gosh, just heard its a Cat 4 :eek-2:.

Last edited:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May you all stay safe.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in the houston suburbs (10 minutes from whiteflash ). I don't think it will be catastrophic in the houston area. The kids are out of school though and we could be holed up inside for a few days. Prayers for those south of here.

@ceg , I heard that Houston area will likely get a lot of rain though not a direct hit, and like you, I worry about the people south of here especially with this thing having strengthened to a CAT4. Do stay safe and check in when you can.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scary few days ahead. Much prayer for the people impacted by this storm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping all of those affected by this storm in my thoughts and prayers and sending lots of good luck DUST your way. Stay safe and be well.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All safe at my house but our neighborhood was hit by a tornado. Roofs off, trees down. Weird- on one end of our pool the furniture it turned over and on the other end a coke can that was standing on a table is still standing! Prayers for everyone on the Gulf Coast. There will be major flooding.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg, thanks for checking in, and wow, tornado? that had to be really scary!

I talked with someone I work with this morning and he told me that his daughter was on the road last night leaving Galveston, but today he couldn't reach her and he and his wife are just worried sick. I hope cell phone coverage is just crappy.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worst part yet to come. Trump is coming to assess damage while touting his "accomplishments", insulting half our texas population (latinos), spreading his hate, and generally blowing enough hot air to cause more storm damage. Ugh!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We actually have a LOT of PSers, well known PSers in Texas. According to New York news though, the part of TX affected by the brutal storm already lost lots of power lines, lots of telephone lines and according to a reporter on the Weather Channel, they have no Internet service. That's a pretty broad statement to make but in case we don't get any responses from our soaked to the skin friends, everyone will know why.

Good luck, be strong and positive thoughts to all of our friends in Texas. Remember to save the bling!!! In all seriousness, take care of yourselves and each other. Prayers outgoing.........

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping fingers crossed that all those affected in Rockport are ok. BILs have property and 2 houses there that 4 generations of the family have enjoyed thanks to the foresight of DHs parents. It will obviously be awhile before we know if the houses survived. Not important in the grand scheme of things -- search and rescue and aid to permanent residents are of prime importance.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so thankful that Harvey has been downgraded and no longer the larger threat of a category 3 storm. Hopefully, the damage will lessen and people will be safe!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing to send prayers that everyone is safe.

I feel for those of you with family and friends in the area; hopefully, communications will be restored relatively soon and you get word that everyone is OK.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I heard from Sir John his family is ok and he has been in touch with some of the Houston WF/BGD people, tons of rain and "They have the hatches sealed."
No reports of injuries.
Prayers continue for those affected by the storm.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are not "coastal" but just started to get rain from Harvey off and on and looks like on for the next few days. I'm high and dry so no worries.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave glad to hear you're doing well. @Karl_K thats good to hear. They're very nice people, I always said that it would be a destination when I visit TX next.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes, I don't think it's near over. Tornado warnings again tonight. Horrible thunder and lightening. My family all in the living room waiting to see if we need to cram in the powder room.

I am looking at jewelry through it all!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are not on the coast, but my husband was flying from LA to Philly, thru Houston. He and our cat were stuck in Houston waiting it out for several hours earlier today, but have arrived safely.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hearing about all the flooding in Houston, I was hoping we would have gotten an update from Ceg to know she and her family are all right. I'm so hoping she is, but worried now.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scary stuff, hoping everyone is safe

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results