shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Gulf Coast folks?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hearing about all the flooding in Houston, I was hoping we would have gotten an update from Ceg to know she and her family are all right. I'm so hoping she is, but worried now.

I suspect everyone has their hands full depending on where in Houston they live. My BIL sent me a pic this morning of his street. He said they could walk around last night so the rainfall between his evening walk and this morning was significant. He's got a couple more feet to go before it comes in his house but he thinks they'll be ok. My niece and her hubs and kids are stranded in NC. Their new house in Houston is 7 blocks from the bayou and they have about 5 more inches to go before water gets in. rays st.jpg Downtown Houston is closed.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please stay safe @ceg

Hearing about all the flooding in Houston, I was hoping we would have gotten an update from Ceg to know she and her family are all right. I'm so hoping she is, but worried now.

Thanks so much yall! We are still ok where I live. It is a real mess in houston. The news isn't exaggerating. Interstate 45 is literally like a river. People are being rescued from rooftops. Please keep praying.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in the houston suburbs (10 minutes from whiteflash ). I don't think it will be catastrophic in the houston area. The kids are out of school though and we could be holed up inside for a few days. Prayers for those south of here.

Wow, I was totally wrong about it not being catastrophic.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. I just saw the news and I'm so scared for everyone. The person worried about his daughter hasn't gotten back to me. I'm hoping I find something out about their situation Monday.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg, I'm glad you are safe and we're able to update everyone here. I have a close friend who lives in Katy. So far they are doing well but very concerned about the coming days. She made the same comments you did regarding Trump coming to Texas.

@Arcadian I hope you hear from your friend soon and that their daughter is okay.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. I just saw the news and I'm so scared for everyone. The person worried about his daughter hasn't gotten back to me. I'm hoping I find something out about their situation Monday.

I am so sorry about your friend. I sure she's is ok. Try not to worry. The rescuers are doing a pretty good job from what I've seen. It definitely doesn't seem as bad as Katrina. Cell service has been sketchy at times.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake

I later felt bad about writing that, NOT because it's what I think but because I don't want to seem insensitive, lol! People are in unbelievable duress in Houston and I would hate for their plight to become another platform for his crap.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The flooding looks awful. I hope everyone stays safe.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You didn't come off as insensitive at all @ceg . I was very worried that people would not go to shelters for fear of being deported. I wish Trump would just stay in DC.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ceg, glad to hear you are okay and I hope that is still the case as the day wears on.

You weren't insensitive AT ALL. Phoenix asked Chump to NOT come here for his campaign rally and of course HE RAN RIGHT OVER OUR OBJECTIONS, LIKE A HOUSEGUEST WHO JUST SHOWS UP. It was a mess. You guys do NOT need his circus, that's for sure.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are calling for volunteers who have boats to come help with rescue efforts. It will be years before Houston is cleaned up. People seem to be really helping others though. This is unbelievable. Schools are closed for at least all next week.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terrible, terrible television footage of flooding in Houston. It looks deadly. Prayers outgoing to all affected. Please stay safe, Pricescopers.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sitting on the front porch watching the rain. Heavy rains just ended. Might by a bumpy week for us, but so far so good. (Lovely power station there on the center left lol)

image.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect everyone has their hands full depending on where in Houston they live. My BIL sent me a pic this morning of his street. He said they could walk around last night so the rainfall between his evening walk and this morning was significant. He's got a couple more feet to go before it comes in his house but he thinks they'll be ok. My niece and her hubs and kids are stranded in NC. Their new house in Houston is 7 blocks from the bayou and they have about 5 more inches to go before water gets in. rays st.jpg Downtown Houston is closed.

Thanks for posting that photo, Matata. It's surreal.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of the family homes in Rockport are trashed.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 6.46.14 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece's friend's horse decided the garage wasn't safe enough and decided to ride out the storm in the pool. He has since been rescued and is safe.
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 7.14.44 PM.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those photos really tell the story, Matata. Thanks for sharing them. I'm truly sorry for all that your family is going through - and I guess its not over, as they anticipate rain to continue for some time, right?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they anticipate rain to continue for some time, right?
Latest report was to expect 20+ more inches until Wednesday. The storm has the potential to go back over water and pick up speed before heading inland again. Tornado warnings are abundant in Houston area tonight.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got a notice from our residential association. The Brazos river will peak at 6 pm tuesday and the levy system was not built to handle what is expected. There could be major flooding in our neighborhood. Oh my, I am nauseous now. It is not over yet. I am praying that the models are wrong. We had major flooding in the spring of 2015 and we were ok but this is much worse.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece's friend's horse decided the garage wasn't safe enough and decided to ride out the storm in the pool. He has since been rescued and is safe.
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 7.14.44 PM.png

Thank God. I am so sorry for everything your family and friends have endured. I am so grateful the horse is OK, or I should say, not dead. I do not know if he was injured, of course. I cannot tell you how sorry I am.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for all the destruction and am continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please everyone just stay safe.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the people who have checked in. Apparently 2 more days of rain I heard. Saw some news about the news station that had to evacuate their building while they were on the air.

@ceg , don't sweat it. We knew weather guys said it would be bad, but this is bad on a whole other level. Every worse case scenario is happening with this one. Unfortunate that lives were lost, I think its pretty much unavoidable unless you had 100% evacuated, but I'm hoping its kept to a minimum.

I talked to the guy I work with and the daughter had to move hotels twice because of flooding issues. I can't even imagine.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of the family homes in Rockport are trashed.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 6.46.14 PM.png

Oh my God, heartbreaking and devastating.
I hope everyone is OK without any serious injuries.
The top priority is people's safety.
However, serious damage or loss of one's home is so sad.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the people who have checked in. Apparently 2 more days of rain I heard. Saw some news about the news station that had to evacuate their building while they were on the air.

@ceg , don't sweat it. We knew weather guys said it would be bad, but this is bad on a whole other level. Every worse case scenario is happening with this one. Unfortunate that lives were lost, I think its pretty much unavoidable unless you had 100% evacuated, but I'm hoping its kept to a minimum.

I talked to the guy I work with and the daughter had to move hotels twice because of flooding issues. I can't even imagine.

What a relief for your colleague to have heard from his daughter.
The waiting would have been a nightmare.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scenes from Houston and other areas have been on the news continuously.
Just heartbreaking. :(sad

Outgoing thoughts and prayers to stay safe and stay strong.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad your friends daughter is ok!

I keep reading about how we should have evacuated but it has been proven impossible to evacuate Houston. Houston tried during Rita (shortly after Katrina in 2005). It was a complete disaster, just a huge traffic jam - my Dad drove from SE of Houston and only got to the NW side in 8 hours! Infrastructure doesn't allow for 6.5 million people to be on the roads.

Oh my this is really terrible for the people here. Please keep us all in your prayers.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg ,

The thoughts and prayers are strong and continuous!

Sending hugs from Canada

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian thankfully your friend's daughter is safe. I was on the phone with our friends in the Houston suburbs last night and both are fine for now. There is flooding in their neighborhoods but their homes are dry. They are very concerned about the next few days.

@ceg I've been thinking of you and hope your family is still safe and dry. Please stay safe Ceg. Sending prayers and hugs.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ceg please know you are in my prayers. I'm sorry you have to deal with this nightmare along with so many others. Sending BIG HUGS to you!!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am glad you guys are ok ! The pictures on tv look terrible! 25 more inches of rain sounds scarier than the hurricane as the ground is already saturated!

Please stay safe!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results